• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the way I see it, not allowing the mafia to no-kill just removes depth from the game.

Maven89

Smash Master
@ Zalak Zalak I think you did good. You got everyone to have you as a town read, which is very important. The only thing was that you jumped around too much, especially early on. Something I learned when I was new was that you don't have to voice every suspicion you have, especially not early in the game when your suspicions will change a lot. As a scum member, I never felt too threatened by you. since you posted and flipped a bunch it I had a lot to point to to try and discredit you and your reasoning, claiming something like you "threw dirt on every slot in the game" and that you "jump on anything" and then sum it up by saying something about how it was just like all your other pushes you abandoned. The point being was that I didn't have to convince you, just everyone else, and the jumping back and forth would have given me and Nabe a lot to work with, more then we would have had with most other town slots.I also think most people were less interested in new pushes by you since they had reasons to believe you'd abandon the push soon enough anyways and move on to something else, which gave an appearance of not being confident in what you posted. Again, not saying you weren't confident, it was early in the game and things change all the time, but appearances matter a lot in mafia. I'm glad to see your mini game performance wasn't a fluke, you are very good for a new player,. If you watch what you post a little bit you can go a lot further.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Thanks for the tips/reassurance! I guess I wasn't really focused on maintaining my credibility outside of people believing me to be town. I guess I also spent a bit too much time aimlessly trying to get info out of people, when I should have been trying to evaluate the info that I already had.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I feel like the mafia should have the option not to kill but if they don't purposely send in "no kill" then it should be randomized. Like my first game i played here it was 1v3 with a tracker and a doc against me tracking the other guy, but i couldn't kill anyone without getting bingod so i sent in the no kill. Only way to not get ****ed in that situation. Or like ee in gigabots no killing to hell to think that there was only the indy left after 2 scum died.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Town never tried to use the bidding system to their advantage. It kinda gives them a lot of options to a point where I think that the set-up is somewhat in town's favor. Laundry and Zalak were the only ones who made good use of their 20K, everybody else just blew it away in some ******** YOLO bids though Ryker can't be blamed for trying to get the 3x Doc protection.

I feel like the mafia should have the option not to kill but if they don't purposely send in "no kill" then it should be randomized.
That's how I'll handle it in the future even though I don't think it's actually a good solution. But it's probably the best there is.

:059:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Damn I wanted to buy stuff. Well, I learned what to not do in a mafia game :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Town never tried to use the bidding system to their advantage. It kinda gives them a lot of options to a point where I think that the set-up is somewhat in town's favor. Laundry and Zalak were the only ones who made good use of their 20K, everybody else just blew it away in some ******** YOLO bids though Ryker can't be blamed for trying to get the 3x Doc protection.

That's how I'll handle it in the future even though I don't think it's actually a good solution. But it's probably the best there is.

Make sure you have a stipluation in the rule that forces a night kill in the event of a No Lynch or it makes MyLo extremely stupid.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well, only good thing I can say is I started to distrust Nabe with how much he started to ignore the rest of the game, that is why I was poking both Laundry and Nabe since I wasn't comfortable.

I also apolegize for some active hic ups, dad being in and out of the hospital due to surgery and other shenanigans didn't help.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
While we're at it, me as well. I did not expect to have to be suddenly gone a good portion of the first phase, but that's how funerals go I guess.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
maybe that's because scum lies in the inactive ruy/maven/dietz/orbo/rosa pool, but what can i say?

HINT HINT TO FUTURE REREADERS
i think based on play that nabe and kursed* are beneficial lynches for town

*i later mentioned that kursed was very likely town cuz of not knowing what the traitor was
:smirk:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I mean if you wanna start dickstroking, I accurately pointed out maven as mafia as well and was the only one saying "nabe's neighborhood claim doesn't clear him".

:186:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
dude stroke all the ***** you can stroke i say, its just hilaire that i called it as ****. im not saying idve gone through with it, or that i handled my situation well enough to not get lynched. i shouldve looked more, rather than wait for tells. even though the fact is you made the wrong call, i understand cuz at least you thought you saw something and went for it :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf I regret you lynch more than any other in this game but I took it over a NL. I get why it formed because imo you played too passive to what people expected. But still not ideal at all to me, I wanted other people dead before you.

Sorry I joined on that it was a NL or you I think at that point, this was also when I was posting in a hospital which was not helping.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Btw, that hammer that I got was more useless than I thought. It didn't stop a player from voting; only from giving a hammering vote.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Btw, that hammer that I got was more useless than I thought. It didn't stop a player from voting; only from giving a hammering vote.
That's pretty powerful actually. That way, the person you select can still vote, so the consequences aren't that bad if you selected a townie, yet would still stop mafia from alpha striking.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Except the mafia can just vote in an order that negates that, ie the affected player votes first,

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
They wouldn't know he's been targeted though - the targeted player isn't informed and a failed alpha strike would've exposed the entire scumteam.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don’t know why Nabe randomly liked one of my posts here, but if you want to see how Dgames would yell and insult each other the entire game, read this thread

Also I was completely wrong about letting the mafia not send in a night kill

Top Bottom