• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! - 3rd Semester - The training course for SIIS6! $5 entry!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
WTP: Looking for a strong back.

:bee:

Sparta Kick and I are taking teams this time anyway. The sexiest static team in Michigan will prevail. You CANT lose with a DDD on your team. ;)
:phone:

Xyless

Smash Master
Finally found the right topic. I'm comin to this, and am looking for a partner for doubles. I can use Peach, Kirby (best placing team I've been on: Double Hup Cancel team), or POKEMON TRAINER.

I just hope I can get my car fixed in time, a gasket rotted out and they're taking forever to find the right part.

D

Deleted member

If I can't find a teammate I'm probably just gonna go to the H1 lan

ZTD | TECHnology

IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR THIS WEEKEND

- Guys, it going to be hot as hell for the rest of the week. It is ESSENTIAL that you guys all shower, and apply a liberal amount of deodorant. This issue has became less prevalent lately however I still feel the need to remind people. I dont want to be in a funky *** room all day. I WILL pull you aside and let you know if you're smelling a bit ripe.

I suggest people bring deodorant with them lol No even kidding.

- We need setups as always. Please bring them and any extension cords and such that we may need.

- GET HERE ON TIME. I cannot stress this enough. The free side event is your incentive to get here early so please do. Its going to be a very busy day and Im running things quickly.

- Tell me or my lovely assistant Gifts before you leave to go get food or whatever.

- If you're going to be late let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly otherwise tough luck.

- DEODORANT!!!!!!!!

- If you dare try to pay me with a 50 or 100 I'm going to rage on you lol. Please bring 5 and 10s if possible. They help a lot with payouts.

- Don't trash the rooms like GSS, please clean up after yourselves.

That's all for now. If I think of anything else I'll let people know.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Wait, what time does reverse mains start? All I see is: 12:30 p.m. - Brawl Doubles begins.

ZTD | TECHnology

IDEALLY I'd like to start it @ 11.

However, I was considering just waiting until after singles now. The thing is that people use the beginning part of the day to warm up and such. I have doubts about everyone being there before 11 for the event knowing MI..rofl.

I might just start doubles at 11:30-Noon and start pools towards the end of doubles

In fact thats whats going to happen. So Reverse Mains shall be started towards the end of bracket unless Bracket finishes faster than expected. I think its better that way personally so you dont have to be bombarded with tournament play as soon as you walk in. Schedule has been updated in the OP unless people REALLY want to start the side event first.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Please start the side event after 5

also I walked through the ground floor of mason today and it was ac'd VERY well, here's hoping the classrooms will be also

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
soooo Gio told me some of the school building shut off the AC. Im not sure whats going on with mason, apparently there was no AC in the building today according to gio so Harms im confused!!

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm bringing a box fan also just in case. I suggest others do the same.

Oh if anyone could bring a power strip or two it would help a lot so we can circulate air and such better in case it isn't ACed properly.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Xyless is in Saline atm he was gonna go back to Chi-town but decided to stay. Why whats up Ally?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
soooo Gio told me some of the school building shut off the AC. Im not sure whats going on with mason, apparently there was no AC in the building today according to gio so Harms im confused!!
I walked through it to get away from the heat on the way home at like 4ish today, I walked in and the best blast ever of ac hit my body

the only building I know of that's closed right now is the ugli, because they have ac problems

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Derek, I made this post in the UM Triweekly thread and the same should be said in here. You should replace the old map with this new one so people don't get confused reading the OP, too.

- - -

Our usual parking structure, Liberty Square, will be unavailable on Saturday due to the Art Fair. I checked out the traffic this week and it's been the first parking structure to fill up every day, so don't even bother with it.

A great place to park is the Markley Lot, which is free on weekends. It is kind of a long and complicated walk to the venue (10-12 minutes), but still the best option in my opinion as long as you know how to get to the venue. Print out the map below for sure.

If the Markley Lot is full, then try the South Forest Parking Structure. It's been charging a $10 one-time fee this week so expect the same on Saturday. Hopefully you won't have to use this option... the Markley Lot should be open if you get to AA early enough.

If you're unfamiliar with any of these parts of downtown Ann Arbor, then please print out this map! I do not want to spend an hour on Saturday giving directions to people on the phone. And please try to ARRIVE EARLY so we can start on time.

ZTD | TECHnology

The OP has been updated with all relevant information.
ALSO:

I would like to announce that if you are entering Singles that I will have a special surprise in store for one lucky person!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Actually not feeling up to the tourney anymore. Bailing again. ;(
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That was a riveting episode of "Is L Attending" for sure. Just when there was hope of attendance, it all crumbled away with 48 hours remaining!

Top Bottom