• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
2012 has been such a great year for Melee, and the future is looking that much brighter. Apex is going out and showcasing the community to the world, online play is reaching the point of reality to where it can become a great way for bringing out unnoticed player potential, Samox bringing together the past and future in a documentary to be remembered, Project M and SD Remix giving Melee a new spin on gameplay and aesthetics respectively with commendable effort, and all the continental communities of a now decade old game across the world are slowly being brought closer together thanks to all of this.

Keep living on, Melee. Show the world that games aren't always shadowed by the successors.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Voted.

Making a video for MeleeATLNorth & MidWestMelee right now
MDZ doin work!

Someone contact Brandon (HomeMadeWaffles). Imma try and get UsurperKingZant & stab to do a lil somethin too.

**** YEAH GUYS.

MattDotZeb you should get in contact with WC folks so we can get that vid on MeleePacWest too
I'll tell Stab

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

This is just from using the "Ask Friends" feature at the bottom of the poll.

We should all be doing this to spread the word more effectively. I want to see EVERYONE get at least 10 casual Smash friends on Facebook to vote Melee.

MDZ doin work!

Someone contact Brandon (HomeMadeWaffles). Imma try and get UsurperKingZant & stab to do a lil somethin too.

I'll tell Stab
I already know. I'm bad at making cool videos in After Effects, so like, next random fighting game moment I upload, I'll have it mentioned in a pause annotation in a video and add a nice video description

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Somebody tell them brawl fellows. Maybe if they see that brawl has no chance they'll end up voting melee.

:phone:

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
I feel like an annoying broken record but i'll say it again:

Please contact WOMBO COMBO and M2K VS SHIZ 4 people to get the link in the video descriptions

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We can't make EVO host a Melee tournament, but we sure can make them look silly for not doing so.

Vote on, brothers.

:phone:

V-K

Smash Ace
Please don't support the atrocity that is called Brawl. The people will throw out Smash immediately when they see Brawl camp fests.

Gea

Smash Master
Please don't support the atrocity that is called Brawl. The people will throw out Smash immidiately when they see Brawl camp fests.
Keep the thread clean, please. This is about Melee.

Well, we passed up Marvel

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Evo staff will see all these votes for Melee and think "Wow, Smash sure is popular" and then put Brawl in since it's the most recent Smash game?

I think that would be a less than desirable (and also unlikely but still possible) outcome of all our hard work.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Evo staff will see all these votes for Melee and think "Wow, Smash sure is popular" and then put Brawl in since it's the most recent Smash game?

I think that would be a less than desirable (and also unlikely but still possible) outcome of all our hard work.
Highly doubt it. Look at Brawl's votes.....

Revven

FrankerZ

That's like saying if SFIII Third Strike was the most popular vote and they instead put in SFIV anyway...

And we all know SFIV =/= Third Strike. So just like those two aren't the same, Melee and Brawl aren't the same. Why else would they have a separate voting option for Brawl? :p

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
The voting pattern is pretty clearly for Melee, not Brawl--I think they know the communities are largely separate.

Just King of Fighters left to topple. Let's go. Keep rallying folks.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I really don't care anymore, wether they want it or not melee is coming back
*just completed making his 15th fake facebook profile*
nooooOOOOOOOOO

NO FAKES

If they see a bunch of dummy accounts they'll just dismiss all the hype and votes as fake. Voting with fake accounts literally undoes EVERYTHING we're striving for. Do NOT vote with fake profiles. AT ALL.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Remember guys, there was another similar voting not too long ago and MELEE won it. But it was DISREGARDED because people cheated and voted multiple times. Please don't do stupid **** like create fake accounts, we don't need that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom