• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is like saying you love brawl.
Can you like, not take every single opportunity that presents itself (and some that don't even present themselves) to bash Brawl? I think it's as bad of a game as the next guy but like 95% of the time it's not relevant to state that, and this of all threads is not.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Can you like, not take every single opportunity that presents itself (and some that don't even present themselves) to bash Brawl? I think it's as bad of a game as the next guy but like 95% of the time it's not relevant to state that, and this of all threads is not.
Thank you, Strong Bad.

Smooth Criminal

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yo real talk SC, MvC3 is a pretty bad game lol.

I've always felt like the main reason people really hate on people like Dieminion and Chris G is because the second the game stops being about insane loops and flashy **** and the game slows down you realize "Holy **** this games not actually that good" lol.

Dieminion is still my favorite player though <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
At least you can tell me (and everyone else, for that matter) why, bro.

I just love all of these people that sit there and babble on about how they hate x game and they can't/don't articulate why. In this case, people comparing SF4 and MvC3 to ****ing Brawl of all things. lol

Smooth Criminal

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
At least you can tell me (and everyone else, for that matter) why, bro.

I just love all of these people that sit there and babble on about how they hate x game and they can't/don't articulate why. In this case, people comparing SF4 and MvC3 to ****ing Brawl of all things. lol

Smooth Criminal
X-Factor, 5 hour OTG windows, and the transition from the most technical and diverse traditional fighter in history to an low resource low execution (TAC infinites are probably the hardest thing in that game and players still ***** about them) ABCD touch of death fest qualifies MvC3 as MvC2's Brawl.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
X-Factor, 5 hour OTG windows, and the transition from the most technical and diverse traditional fighter in history to an low resource low execution (TAC infinites are probably the hardest thing in that game and players still ***** about them) ABCD touch of death fest qualifies MvC3 as MvC2's Brawl.
What exactly is your definition of diversity?

As for x-factor it's hard to believe people are still complaining about it, it's a resource that is offered to both players not just one. If you lose to x-factor that means the opponent used that game mechanic better than you did.

Fighting games are indeed generally becoming easier to execute stuff in, but in no way can you compare Marvel 3 and SFIV to Brawl. The biggest problems Brawl (and execution is not one of them) has are almost all due to very rushed development and awful playtesting.

Yo real talk SC, MvC3 is a pretty bad game lol.

I've always felt like the main reason people really hate on people like Dieminion and Chris G is because the second the game stops being about insane loops and flashy **** and the game slows down you realize "Holy **** this games not actually that good" lol.

Dieminion is still my favorite player though <3
Wait what? The fact a game offers a variety of playstyles to choose from, including zoning makes you realize it's a bad game? The fact the game lets you do more than just rush down, 50/50 and ToD?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I really wish Nintendo hadn't been so boneheaded about patching Wii games post-release.
There were a lot of small changes they could have made to make the overall experience better. I'm not saying they needed to patch it into Brawl+ or P:M, but I think the amount of broken gameplay mechanics in Brawl is unacceptable for a AAA game that released in 2008.

They said they wanted to make the game more fun for casual players, and then they go ahead and have stupid things like Ness getting infinited by grab release, standing chaingrabs, metaknight's ability to invincible plank the ledge while getting off an uair(? might be an fair). That's no fun for anyone..

ZelDan

Smash Master
I really wish Nintendo hadn't been so boneheaded about patching Wii games post-release.
There were a lot of small changes they could have made to make the overall experience better. I'm not saying they needed to patch it into Brawl+ or P:M, but I think the amount of broken gameplay mechanics in Brawl is unacceptable for a AAA game that released in 2008.

They said they wanted to make the game more fun for casual players, and then they go ahead and have stupid things like Ness getting infinited by grab release, standing chaingrabs, metaknight's ability to invincible plank the ledge while getting off an uair(? might be an fair). That's no fun for anyone..
casuals probably don't know about anything you just said in that last paragraph. I mean, casuals are the same people who think spamming kirby's down special are a great idea...

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's casual play vision is why i don't have any faith on smash 4, melee it's a beautiful accident but Nintendo didn't see it that way

Revven

FrankerZ

The Wii can't do any patching at all.. for games it wasn't programmed to be possible on the console. Why do you think the Skyward Sword glitch that could ruin your save file didn't get patched? Or for that matter, the Twilight Princess one? Nintendo can't patch games specifically. It was more ignorance on their part to not allow an OS level of being able to patch the game.

It's why Brawl's stage builder exploit can never be patched out. It'll be interesting to see how the Wii U handles those games, whether or not the exploits will still work to load Homebrew.

But that's off track from what I wanted to say. A lot of your complaints there have more to do with specific gameplay mechanics I doubt Nintendo would change. Removing any and all chaingrabs requires Nintendo to put back in the ability to DI during non-tumble (the low % stun state). Of course, they could just up the knockback on the throws that are problems, but that inherently makes them worse in a game where following up from a throw is already impossible. Grab release stuff wouldn't be too hard to fix, I guess. And the ledge stuff... uh, yeah, I doubt Sakurai would touch that.

No amount of patching could really save Brawl IMO.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
The hype died down, and perhaps so should this thread.

Good work on the votes everyone.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Comments and votes have practically come to a halt. Which is good because mine has been there for awhile with a link to 2011 Year in Review cause that **** is a fantastic read and MORE importantly some guy complaining that they're taking longer than usual to announce the schedule which is effecting his flight. Why is that important? Considering votes per day is so low I suspect they'll be closing the poll soon and we're still in the lead by a huge margin(I thought someone would try to catch up by now...even if just to troll our community)

Right now would be good for a few extra votes, crack 6k but other than that, good **** guys.

Bones0

Smash Legend
As soon as we started taking the lead, most of the FGC stopped taking it seriously (if they ever were). They are under the impression that a bunch of casuals and all of their friends voted for it for some reason.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
As soon as we started taking the lead, most of the FGC stopped taking it seriously (if they ever were). They are under the impression that a bunch of casuals and all of their friends voted for it for some reason.
Citation needed

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
They usually announce it in January, no?
Quote guy on facebook: So flights are getting more expensive already to the US for us Aussies. (3 weeks ago) 1400 --> 2200 (now). You guys released the evo 2012 dates on Oct 17th last year, and book the venue practically a year in advance. Whats the go with the release of the 2013 dates?

I personally don't know when they do it.
Citation needed

:phone:
Quote guy from event hub: This poll is not exclusive for the fgc, I bet casuals voted too. And melee is the most casual friendly game on that list.

Other guy: I can believe people are upset about Melee being first in the poll. They are well-organized and they made a page only for supporting Melee at EVO 2013.

At least someone noticed. (even if he was referring to the brawl thread for Evo here.)

Eggm

Smash Hero
So, I don't have time to read through 48 pages, what are our actual chances to get into EVO? Did we win the vote?

Because i'm a huge AE fan as well as melee, and if melee were at EVO i'd go and enter both games.

dkuo

Smash Lord
someone correct me if im wrong but i dont think anyone running evo or anyone significant in the fgc has acknowledged melee's polling at all whatsoever

edit - figures that this is my 666th post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom