• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get HYPE! II Results Thread

BPx

Smash Lord
first of all, thanks phil for hosting, you are a baller

1: Denti ($213) - fun dubs matches, we didn't really talk or play
2: Dakpo ($106) - either too much bassem practice, or i'm just bad. probably both but GGs! I'll try to learn the mu a bit before I play you again. You were super nice and I'm sorry PJ trolled me into harassing you rofl.
3: DeLux ($57) - Phil you da bess. You know you need to practice the CG on ZSS now, I'm sure you'll nerd it. Good job on 3rd.
4: Kain ($35) - I hope you got a taco, I think there were enough for everyone to have one. Also good job, your wolf too good.
5: Fino - Was good seeing you again, I'll try to go to texas sometime when I get my license. You bodied me in singles, gj.
5: MJG - Best partner. Had an awesome time hanging out again this tourney. Can't help but feel I'm responsible for your single's performance... sorry :(
7: JJ spRockets - you did real good this tourney ben, it's been cool hanging out with you more since you started school up.
7: Shadow1pj - you were uh, pretty cool. i don't know why you thought i didn't think you were good lol. you were really fun to hang out with, and play. we ***** zeton/kain in those dubs matches yo.
9: Zeton -hi
9: Bpow -not 25th
9: Mr. Doom -hi
9: Domo -you annoyed the **** out of me against dakpo denti, but not going to lie it probably helped. thanks.
13: Stealth Raptor -ggs, you probably should have beaten me
13: Saint -sorry i played so lame last set, it was more fun playing the first two heh
13: FAE -ericcccccccccc you're so good
13: Future -david it was good seeing you again, i want to come to MO and chill sometime so i'll text you about it. u proly wont read this
17: Rubio -first dude i've met from colorado, you were hella chill. i was watching some of the matches on youtube and your snake is getting pretty good too, keep it up
17: Bonds -good matches, try to play more(when you aren't studying)
17: Megarobman -was cool seeing you, gj in melee, you owe us some cereal
17: Ryker -nice meeting you
17: Tmacc -always fun seeing you again toddmacc
17: Hylian -thanks for the advice against saint, but i don't think BF was a good stage to try
25: Wang -thank you for driving, you're da bes colin
25: BSL -nice meeting you, cool dude
25: Phil Osu -ggs, nice meeting you
25: T22 -sorry i didn't play friendlies with you :(

shoutouts to 682% and jiggs snake

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Could you upload all sets for:

Gimb
Bonds
JB4
Egman
T22
Trent
Fragger
Anthony
Unity

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Currently, I have the SD cards. However, my SD card reader is broken. I have to either get them to someone who can upload the remaining replays so we can record them, or I have to get them up when I get a chance this weekend (read: Friday). That's not a terrible wait, so I would prefer not to have to spend 20 dollars on gas to drive to the nearest person I could get to do it for me when I have to do as much this weekend.

Last weekend broke the bank.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MegaRobMan: congrats on 3rd.
That link was what it said after I had a 50+ person, like 10 page shout out to everyone, mad.

Yeah I am happy about 3rd but not really. You are clearly better than I am and you finished behind me. I will work on that whole thing so next time I place higher than you it won't be because JBM sandbagged pools and got 3rd seed, making the bottom bracket way more difficult.

17: Megarobman I'll pass out a hug to you next time instead of tossing my controller.
Deal.

Megarob: If you were using the tag Tango, I know who you are. Good games, nice meeting you man! Gotta represent that broken character. d:

Shoutouts to Lux's apartment and everclear.
Yep, that's me. I liked the fact that both of the matches vs IC and Pika were on FD. I did win the Pika match, THugz would be happy about that. IC's are stupid. Good luck going on your pre-military fun fest.

Also Lux, what happened to rules about no drugs around minors on the "Don't be a d-bag" list?

MegaRobMan- your sheik is so wack. Good job at this tourney I can tell you've improved
Yeah, I've actually been working on WD and other stuff recently, but I am not comfortable doing it in tournament, especially since I end up SDing all over the place when ever I try and do it.

Maybe next tournament I will unleash a competitive based sheik instead of bait and punish.

17: Megarobman -was cool seeing you, gj in melee, you owe us some cereal
You obviously don't remember how many boxes of cereal we went through at the last NE tournament :p But ya, I wanna come up to Iowa sometime to get better at brawl again and chill.

DeLux

Currently, I have the SD cards. However, my SD card reader is broken. I have to either get them to someone who can upload the remaining replays so we can record them, or I have to get them up when I get a chance this weekend (read: Friday). That's not a terrible wait, so I would prefer not to have to spend 20 dollars on gas to drive to the nearest person I could get to do it for me when I have to do as much this weekend.

Last weekend broke the bank.
No worries, No hurries

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Not all the games were able to be listed. If you saved it to one of the SD cards it should be in there somewhere. When I was recording one of the setups I found like 4 full sets that weren't listed.

Player-1

Smash Legend
ya, those are only the ones that the timestamp program was noted on.

The timestamp program is just something that the TO uses on their laptop when they call matches that just notes who is playing who at what setup and marks the time so it's easier for the people recording to find those matches.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Ryker our sets against dentist Dakpo, fino pj, and Mr doom domo were all on stream

:phone:
Then look through the stream archive and you should find them there. If you give me the time range on the video in which each set happens in I can upload them to the youtube channel.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Nothing personal to who ever it was, but the person who commentated my match with delux was pretty bad. You supposed to commentate the match lol, not have a long speech about how you lost to someone and your salty and you want a rematch and blah blah blah. AGAIN nothing personal, just really anti-hype

DeLux

Yea, to be honest, I was kind of disgusted by some of the commentary myself >_>

Next time I'll make a rule reminding commentators to:
Not talk to the stream chat
Talk about the match
Not spend time talking about the match rooting against a specific player

I apologize if it reflects poorly on the event, it will be better if there's a next time. Probably not the biggest deal, but there were a few of you outside of Dakpo that brought it to my attention, so I thought I'd address it up front.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I put that in red to tell the other uploaders that I've got that one and not to have it uploaded twice. It should be up in about an hour or so :)

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Oops. Also it ended up being longer than 15 minutes so whoever owns the Youtube channel should verify it so I can reupload that match.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
Melee Vids uploaded and public

Finally about finished uploading vids, so i made what I have up now public. The only matches missing that were recorded are grand finals, megarobman vs jbm, megarobman vs sinister, and dmac vs sinister, which r being uploaded now. U should be able to see them periodically today and tonight as they finish. here's a link to my youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SS4xShinobi?feature=mhee

yup

DeLux

Ryker, when are those sets going to be uploaded that I requested?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So, we had this plan. Ryker was going to bring me the SD cards and capture card when he came up to Auburn this weekend. He forgot them >.> so he's going to mail me the capture card and use Brannon's laptop to put the rest of the .bin files on Dropbox today. Once I have my capture card back, this will go a lot faster because I can personally ensure things are getting uploaded.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It should be up now, but drew's being a noob. Obviously it isn't completely his fault. In hindsight, I should've put them all up while we were at the venue I had access to the cards and the Dropbox...
Sorry guys.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I do want to tell you guys, normally this goes a lot faster because I have the SD cards and I have my capture card.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I really am sort of mad at myself for not thinking to put them up that day.

3 of 9 SD cards got put up, and it took like 2 days to get those replays. Another 2 and the other 6 probably could've been done.

Big throws by BSL.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh, Denti/MJG was on one of the setups we have? My b, yo.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm confused as to what the complication actually is XD I'm confused with everything lol. Just get it to youtube.

The complication is that Drew (Ryker) has the SD cards that have all the replays on them. When he got home after the tournament, he realized that he had no SD card reader, so we were stuck just uploading the replays from the three setups that were posted on Dropbox before they left Kansas. Drew was going to give me the SD cards on Friday as well as my capture card that he borrowed, but he forgot them when he came up to Auburn. He then said that he'd use Brannon's SD card reader on Sunday when they got back to Greenville, and he still hasn't done that. Drew did a good job with getting the replays saved in the first place; unfortunately, he hasn't come through very well on getting the .bin files online. I'm going to cross my fingers and call him right now.

EDIT: If you are talking about the complication getting your specific match up, I don't know. JJ Rockets noted that it was over 20 minutes, but he could just split it into two parts.

EDIT 2: Just talked to Ryker. He said he should be able to use his grandmother's computer tomorrow to put the .bin files on Dropbox. After that, he's going to mail me the capture card and SD cards back.

DeLux

Ryker already broke the bank enough on the trip >_>

Please don't force him to mail stuff unless you need him to mail the capture card part for your end. If you're in a hurry due to these specific replay requests, we can wait.

If Denti wants his set with MJG, it's on twitch.tv/cosmash

Top Bottom