• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I've decided that I'm coming to this, and I'm going all out.

$1 money matches with everyone (unless we already had something planned before hand, I think it was Albino, Player-3, and Yiff).

I'm thinking about entering teams as well. I'm looking at Mark, RJ, or Lounis as possible teammates. Sorry, Tubes, but I don't want to team with you until we get a lot more experience with each other.

Jamaal, go ahead and put me down for the pre-reg.

serinnnnnn play melee with me

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Meh, I'm not really mad, despite saying I was pissed and stuff. I get over things pretty quickly.

I removed the picture of Rayku because he asked me to. Sorry bud.
People from GA never get mad. Its all salt. You should know that by now.

@picture: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
same here
i'm new to the forums
i'm more than likely gonna be at WaBa this saturday

so far, what games are going to be there and are they all going to cost the same price?
$10 doorfee
$10 brawl singles
$10 Brawl doubles
$10 Melee singles
$10 Melee teams (if it happens)
$5 Brawl+?
$5 Brawl Low-Tiers (:Lucas:, :Ike:, :Yoshi:, :Mario:, :Falcon:, :Samus:, :Jigglypuff:, :Zelda:, :Link:, :Ganondorf: )

JRob

Smash Cadet
Did I hear the word "Dan"? O.o

edit: oops, this is Dan GEE ARE on my bro's account.

edit dos: Smells pretty salty in here. 0;
Can't be BBQ cuz salt doesn't taste good on meat. ._.

Rayku

Smash Lord
DashDanceDan, Dan.

Evo2k8 got a bad rep, and stopped sponsoring the game afterwards. If there were an Evo2k10 with Brawl, people would still play. I promise you that.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Just staying Friday night and leaving Saturday at about 11-12 so it won't be extremely late while I'm on the road back. If you can house me, then consider Deo and me pre-registered.
Yeah you can stay Friday night. My apartment is now full since I'm having 4 people over that night lol. Lounis is staying over and so is a room mate's friend. So yeah, you're welcome to crash here Friday night.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yeah you can stay Friday night. My apartment is now full since I'm having 4 people over that night lol. Lounis is staying over and so is a room mate's friend. So yeah, you're welcome to crash here Friday night.
But, the tournament is on Saturday is it not?

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Is there going to be more than 3 Brawl setups this time?

I'll bring a setup just in case...WITH BRAWL+.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Is there going to be more than 3 Brawl setups this time?

I'll bring a setup just in case...WITH BRAWL+.
I will be brining my wii and my melee disc. so we can use it for w/e. I dont have Brawl+ i still need my wii hacked for this. Art or Henry please bring the stuff for this i miss homebrew.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I will be brining my wii and my melee disc. so we can use it for w/e. I dont have Brawl+ i still need my wii hacked for this. Art or Henry please bring the stuff for this i miss homebrew.
i got you covered. i have an SD card dedicated souly to installing it.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
`would it be rude a setup that will only be for melee?
so here are my current mm's
rayku
rj
fullmetal
big lou
and i challenge bbq again.
anyone else want to mm an endangered character?

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Brawl isn't always boring. It has it's moments or so imo. I wish there was a side tourny for Brawl+ to show MLG what the Smash hacking community can do. It also might help give Smash good rep more then Brawl.

I guess there ARE chances of MLG bringing back Melee again after all.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Brawl isn't always boring. It has it's moments or so imo. I wish there was a side tourny for Brawl+ to show MLG what the Smash hacking community can do. It also might help give Smash good rep more then Brawl.

I approve of this, and am sure alot of people do. Tripping = insta loser in an MLG match

Rayku

Smash Lord

LOL @ This. I enjoy Brawl+ as much as the next big guy, but saying to people

"We have to illegally hack our game in order to make it tournament viable"

is hardly reputable :laugh:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Did I hear the word "Dan"? O.o

edit: oops, this is Dan GEE ARE on my bro's account.

edit dos: Smells pretty salty in here. 0;
Can't be BBQ cuz salt doesn't taste good on meat. ._.
actually, you're supposed to season most meats with salt.

SleepyK

oh i thought this weekend was a smashfest only.

i guess i should've held on to some of the money i deposited.
<_<

i might not be able to enter anything, but i'll be here.

SleepyK

we should do a home steak night or bbq or something next time you guys come over to ga.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll bring my setup. I'm also going to bring my laptop and stuff so that if people ask me to remove the textures I will. But my textures are all team friendly and only one map texture is argueably bad when fighting Snakes (keyboard hides C4s >.>).

@Henry - Henry don't forget that Dyno has an updated Wii so bring the extra things like Trucheon Bug and what not.

I NEVER GO TO SLEEP!!!

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
oh i thought this weekend was a smashfest only.

i guess i should've held on to some of the money i deposited.
<_<

i might not be able to enter anything, but i'll be here.
lol i tell u what sleepy, ill pay your half for teams if u team with me (also assuming there will be melee teams)

rest is for the weak

SleepyK

a kind offer. fullmetal has asked me to team with him already, but if i end up not having the funds i might take you up on it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion

I admit that I enjoy high level play when both players are fighting each other.

But that is kinda rare.

nah jk, that was a biased statement. But honestly, I enjoy watching high level play in Brawl, it's just boring to a lot of people.

I enjoy watch jigglypuff dittos in Melee, it's just boring to everyone else.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The tourney is Saturday, but we're chilling at Artdude's place to be closer to the venue. (did you forget I'm at college and 3+ hours away from ATL?)
Naw, I just thought u were driving on saturday, staying for the lockin, sleeping then heading back in the morning. Btw, what college do you go to?
I'll bring my setup. I'm also going to bring my laptop and stuff so that if people ask me to remove the textures I will. But my textures are all team friendly and only one map texture is argueably bad when fighting Snakes (keyboard hides C4s >.>).

@Henry - Henry don't forget that Dyno has an updated Wii so bring the extra things like Trucheon Bug and what not.

I NEVER GO TO SLEEP!!!
Thanks. for the help micaelis/Frozen.

If i can get the stuff needed to unbrick your wii or the 'failsafe plan' please spot me that too. Oh and when i turn on my wii it goes strait to boot mii. im tired of pesky wiimotes.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm mad that Brawl is in MLG (Major League Gaming) because Sakurai went out of his way to make that game uncompetitive, and now it's on the circuit for the best tournaments in the nation. With more money on the line, competitors will do whatever it takes to make top 16, which means more MetaKnight, more camping, more slow, and more boring. Brawl will probably last 1 year on the circuit until the heads at MLG realize that Brawl isn't doing them any good.

Brawl is a pretty fun game, and it has a pretty good amount of depth to it, despite what Sakurai tried to do. But the game doesn't have the right attributes for it to be considered a competitive game suited for MLG. Everyone knows the arguments for why Brawl isn't considered a good competitive game, so I'm not going to waste more of my time bringing up the problems again.

However, I will say that one of the biggest problem for Brawl being on the MLG circuit is the type of exposure it will receive from other gaming communities. Since Brawl will be hosted in the same venue along with other games such as Halo 3 and Tekken 6, those gaming communities will get to see competitive Brawl gameplay. Those gaming communities only know Brawl for the party game aspect, and when they see Brawl for the first time being played competitively, they're going to laugh. I'm not saying "they're going to laugh" because it's a party game, but because of how people play the game to win. They'll see the floaty slow pace, the camping, the chaingrabs, the planking, the scrouging, and all of that ****. It'll give a pretty bad rep for the smash community if this is what people see. It might also give MLG a bad rep for hosting a game considered uncompetitive to many, and also one that is boring to watch.

In the end though, the Brawl players won't care (not saying that as a negative statement). They get their money and their 15 minutes of "fame". Some good things can come from this, I must say. There will undoubtedly be a few curious people that will take interest in competitive Brawl, and a small percentage of those people will also drift over to Melee.

ok I can see why all those would be a problem. I saw those as problems from the start i found out about brawl being on MLG. The thing that concerned me the most was how mature of a community brawl is lol. But other then that, I thought Brawl already had a bad rep from other games as nothing but camping and planking for wins. =/

kismet2

Smash Ace
If yall are interested in Naruto Im thinking about bringing Naruto Clash of Ninja revolution 3 also :chuckle:
I'm interested, so if you can I'd love it if you brought Naruto. Who do you main?

I NEVER GO TO SLEEP!!!
Were you able to upload those videos from the Auburn tournament? >_>

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

I NEVER GO TO SLEEP!!!
i have bannerbomb for 4.2. its been tested to work on the updated menu.

SleepyK

i have bannerbomb for 4.2. its been tested to work on the updated menu.
he meant the trucha bug thing.

also

Elwood: What kind of music do you usually have here?
Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the trucha bug isn't really a necessity. he want HBC, and BootMii. i can get him both easily.

edit @ sleepy: epic high five for blues brothers!

Top Bottom