• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
Fullmetal team with meeeee in Meleeeee

@Hitboxexploiter: After you beat me in the Sheik ditto you wanna do a Falcon vs. Sheik $5 MM Mr. Confident? :)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lol why am i mr confident? tell u what if i beat u in sheik dittos (which i hope i would, but meh sheik dittos >.>) than i might let u try to win it back in a falcon mm.

so melee turnout i think will be:
Sleepyk
Fullmetal
RJ?
Dogy?
Rayku
Tubes?
Hitboxexploiter
Vietgeek
player-3

and maybe some brawl scrublets

BigLøu

Smash Lord
lol why am i mr confident? tell u what if i beat u in sheik dittos (which i hope i would, but meh sheik dittos >.>) than i might let u try to win it back in a falcon mm.

so melee turnout i think will be:
Sleepyk
Fullmetal
RJ?
Dogy?
Rayku
Tubes?
Hitboxexploiter
Vietgeek
player-3

and maybe some brawl scrublets
Money match me in melee I'm just a brawl scrublet.

lol ok rj, but anthony has my copy. I'll get it from him tomarrow.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
I'll take you on hitbox.
a dollar. 2/3

We need MARIO PARTY 4 TOO.
I HAVE SETUP FOR IT
Bring your's too Lounis.

Purple

Hi guys!
Jamaal- I have a request. Can you post clearly what the schedule and fees for this event are?
Dogy needs to go see his barber and get it lined up.
The schedule isn't generally made actually, we need to figure this out. With enough setups brawl and melee can both run at the same time.

Which would make it

2:00pm~ Brawl and Melee Teams

Whenever that ends, Brawl and Melee Singles.

All i can tell you exactly is that the tournament will be open 2:00pm to 12:00pm and depending on how many people decide to stay, we will continue to be open until 7am like we said.

When would you personally Like to start melee mike? and do you have a list?

bigman40

Smash Master
K. So I've been thinking about it hard to come or not. I CAN come to this is I get some housing for my friends and I Friday night, then I'll be leaving late Saturday night since I still have work to finish. Now, I don't really have a lot of money to be throwing out, so if anyone could spare like 10-20 bucks on gas I'd be able to come and go to all the tourneys I've listed up for too.
This is for Deo and my attendance >___>

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Money match me in melee I'm just a brawl scrublet.

lol ok rj, but anthony has my copy. I'll get it from him tomarrow.
i was gonna add u too but i thought sometimes u only play brawl at waba. :dizzy:

The schedule isn't generally made actually, we need to figure this out. With enough setups brawl and melee can both run at the same time.

Which would make it

2:00pm~ Brawl and Melee Teams

Whenever that ends, Brawl and Melee Singles.

All i can tell you exactly is that the tournament will be open 2:00pm to 12:00pm and depending on how many people decide to stay, we will continue to be open until 7am like we said.

When would you personally Like to start melee mike? and do you have a list?
i can bring a setup. but i dont plan to stay forever if the lock in does happen

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I want to come to this. But I need to convince my mom to take me. Which means I'd have to leave early.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Hell, don't count on me going yet.

And if I do, I'll MM in both, but only $2 in Melee since

I'M NOT VERY GOOD D:

Player-3

Smash Hero
Scatz i would if i could

Serin i don't have alot of spare cash i'm not entering singles unless i make enough from teams :/

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Or I could just friendly you guys and play as if it was a tourney match :D

Would that work for you guys?

Purple

Hi guys!
Pools are made based on the people who said they are coming and are on the list, come to this ****ing tournament.

-people will be removed and added at the door-

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I don't have the money to MM. Also, I can't show up if I can't get housing.
I can house you Scatz if you don't mind sleeping on a couch. It'd be for Saturday night right? Are you staying for the lock in or not? Not sure if I am but I hopefully am staying for it.

bigman40

Smash Master
I can house you Scatz if you don't mind sleeping on a couch. It'd be for Saturday night right? Are you staying for the lock in or not? Not sure if I am but I hopefully am staying for it.
Just staying Friday night and leaving Saturday at about 11-12 so it won't be extremely late while I'm on the road back. If you can house me, then consider Deo and me pre-registered.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Pools is a good thing cause you get to play more matches. You actually get a chance to play a lot of different people, and it's defintly better then paying 25 dollars to play generally a max of 5 sets. (Depends on people in losers backet but you get what I mean).
Basically, you get at least 5 sets to play, instead of 2 for some people.
Pools are made based on the people who said they are coming and are on the list, come to this ****ing tournament.

-people will be removed and added at the door-
Pools are going to happen. Lounis's quote is the reason why. This is going to be the biggest Brawl tournament since early 2009, so you will get more bang for your buck this way. Also, top 4 are making it out of 5-6 man brackets, so your chances of still making it to bracket are high. They will be very fairly seeded, I really doubt anyone will complain about their pool being "too hard."

I'll be down for Barline Challenges if you want to prove yourself (it's not going to count towards Power Rankings, we decided) as well. Just hit me up, and find an open TV.

Personally, since MLG is hosting Brawl (and personal reasons) I'm going to split Melee/Brawl playing for myself evenly.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm mad that Brawl is in MLG (Major League Gaming) because Sakurai went out of his way to make that game uncompetitive, and now it's on the circuit for the best tournaments in the nation. With more money on the line, competitors will do whatever it takes to make top 16, which means more MetaKnight, more camping, more slow, and more boring. Brawl will probably last 1 year on the circuit until the heads at MLG realize that Brawl isn't doing them any good.

Brawl is a pretty fun game, and it has a pretty good amount of depth to it, despite what Sakurai tried to do. But the game doesn't have the right attributes for it to be considered a competitive game suited for MLG. Everyone knows the arguments for why Brawl isn't considered a good competitive game, so I'm not going to waste more of my time bringing up the problems again.

However, I will say that one of the biggest problem for Brawl being on the MLG circuit is the type of exposure it will receive from other gaming communities. Since Brawl will be hosted in the same venue along with other games such as Halo 3 and Tekken 6, those gaming communities will get to see competitive Brawl gameplay. Those gaming communities only know Brawl for the party game aspect, and when they see Brawl for the first time being played competitively, they're going to laugh. I'm not saying "they're going to laugh" because it's a party game, but because of how people play the game to win. They'll see the floaty slow pace, the camping, the chaingrabs, the planking, the scrouging, and all of that ****. It'll give a pretty bad rep for the smash community if this is what people see. It might also give MLG a bad rep for hosting a game considered uncompetitive to many, and also one that is boring to watch.

In the end though, the Brawl players won't care (not saying that as a negative statement). They get their money and their 15 minutes of "fame". Some good things can come from this, I must say. There will undoubtedly be a few curious people that will take interest in competitive Brawl, and a small percentage of those people will also drift over to Melee.

Rayku

Smash Lord
It might also give MLG a bad rep for hosting a game considered uncompetitive to many, and also one that is boring to watch.
I agreed with most of your post except for this. Keep in mind, no matter what, money drives people to play. It's why I'm going to get srs with Brawl.

MLG has the money. With money comes a reputation.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
@ Dan (in case you haven't already read this post)

Not to disagree with Clap cause he has a bigger say than I. But look, continue to try to grow Melee, get the word out (of which we have some cool smashboards stuff going on in 2010 to try to spread awareness about the community that will bring new faces in), get people to tournaments. I mean if you guys start throwing 400, 500, 600, 1000+ person tournaments, with huge live streams numbers, and so on we will have to take notice. Theres a lot of smart people at MLG (many of them having came from competitive gaming backgrounds). So if its really makes the most sense it will get a fair look.

When I look at something like Starcraft being a bazillion years old and still the hottest thing in Korea, I see it can be done. But being a previous generation game its an uphill battle. I am going to be honest there. But continue to do your thing. And respect Brawl players just like we expect them to respect you guys.

So yea, this year it is just going to be brawl. And we will be putting our full force and weight into it. Its a great game on its own and we are really excited to have a sick season here. So lets focus this thread on that.
@ Rayku:

What about Evo 2k8? The tournament with items? I think that tournament got a bad rep, even from the smash community. But I see your point.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Meh, I'm not really mad, despite saying I was pissed and stuff. I get over things pretty quickly.

I removed the picture of Rayku because he asked me to. Sorry bud.

Top Bottom