• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Master Chief has a bunch of lines. He doesn't really qualify as a silent protagonist because Bungie tried(and failed) to give him a personality. I wish Keith David had showed up to the con instead. I wouldn't know whether to squeal like a fangirl over the Arbiter or David Anderson.

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
I want to come to the monthly this month but alas I have no ride once again. It's the Tech Homecoming game that weekend and no one I know can give me a ride. Wish I had a car. If someone wants to give 3 people (myself included in that) a ride from Tech to WABA, I'd be greatly appreciative. We'll throw some dollars down for gas of course.

GOD!

Smash Ace
So I'm in town for the second time since college started (the other was TO5) . I haven't been active at all but I really wanted to get some good melee practice in.

... so is anyone going to Waba who plays melee today or tomorrow?
It's only like a 25 minute drive for me, but I'd like to make it only if there were some guys there that I could play.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
HYPE!!!!!!!!!!
Im looking forward to a great monthly!!!
Our best bowser main is showing up for brawl!! ima keep u guessing on who it is! BE THERE!!

Serious Business: What is the rules on stage striking and all that? some regions are doing/ already have been doing that you strike for round 1 then round 2 you ban before the loser picks the stage. do we have this rule? is it not enforced? should we enforce it?

Happy Columbus day for people who care!

T3h Albino

Smash Master
On a day I can't go.
Have a good time everyone.
I'm still trying to convince some of GA's undiscovered talent to come, but they all live really far away <__<.
This coming weekend scatz

Player-3

Smash Hero
the 17th scatz

me and p1 should be there

and i will most likely enter brawl just so i can make metaknights cry before me with my falcon

ofc, melee first if money johns are present

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'll be there. i guess i'll be entering brawl as i fail at melee right now... oh well, if P3 enters brawl then its a free set, miright?

Waba

Smash Apprentice
I know most of you guys are going to Warner Robins on the 31st, but for those who can't or want something different, I wanted to put the info for Waba's Halloween Combo Breaker. I didn't schedule Smash Tournament during HCB, but if we have a turn out, we can have a tournament for Smash as well.

Remember to sign up for Waba's Fight Club Membership and HYPE UP the monthly on the 17th! Thanks for your support!

2pm to 6am : Halloween Combo Breaker : Saturday Oct 31st

Where:
Waba Game / Waba Tournament Center
3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096

When:
2pm October 31st, 2009 to 6am November 1st, 2009

CONTACT
: (678)417-9222

Door Fee: $10 w/ Waba's Fight Club Membership
$15 w/o membership

If you bring a Tekken6 full set-up, your door fee is waived.
Full set up = Tekken6 game, PS3 syetem, and a T.V. that is 25inch or bigger.
Please let me know if you can bring a Full Tekken6 Set Up, Tekken6mania this Halloween! I can't wait!

Besides the scheduled events, attendees will be able to play casuals in fighting games like Tekken6 all day 'n' night, play ping pong, shoot pool, score on foosball, dance, relax on some PC games, and more. This will be an Epic FUN Event for ALL!

If people need rides from Doraville station, let us know to schedule pick up.

TOURNAMENTS & EVENTS LIST

Schedule of Events:

2pm: Doors Open and Registration Starts

4pm: Marvel vs Capcom 2 Tournament begins

4pm: BlazBlue Tournament begins

6pm: Street Fighter 4 Tournament begins

6pm: Beatmania Tournament begins

8pm: Hip Hop Performance Featuring BBoying, Popping, and Freestyle Rap

10pm: Costume Contest begins

11pm: Tekken6 Tournament begins

2am: Movie Time on 200inch HD

6am: Event Ends

Fighting Game Tournaments
:

Tekken6 : PS3 : $5

Street Fighter IV : PS3 : $10

Blazblue : PS3 : $10

Marvel vs Capcom 2 : Dreamcast : $5

Pot Split: 70/20/10

Music Game Tournament:

Music Mania BEATMANIA IIDX Tournament

Cost: $15 door fee, $10 door fee with Music Mania membership, $10 tournament pot fee

Style Used: Beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS

Format: Modified Top Ranker Style
~ Two Rounds of Elimination
~ Four songs per round. In the first round, songs are randomly selected. Second round, songs are selected by players
~ For each song, player's EX score (Just Great x2 + Great) is calculated. Players are awarded points for each song based on EX score (1st place = 10 points, 2nd = 8 points, 3rd = 6 points, 4th = 5 points, ... 7th = 2 points, 8th = 1 point)
~ After first round, top 4 players continue to final round. Points from previous round are wiped for the final round
~ In final round, 1st place player from first round picks first song, and so on.
~ Allowable mods: HI-SPEED, RANDOM, SUDDEN+

Prizes:
1st: 70% of tourney pot
2nd: 20% of tourney pot
3rd: 10% of tourney pot

Movie Time on the 200inch HD:

PM me suggestions and I’ll put them up. Then we can VOTE on the movie. Please don’t get mad if I don’t put up your suggestion, because it was probably stupid.

*Rob Zombie Movies (Halloween, House of 1,000 Corpses, Devil’s Rejects)

*Tony Jaa Movies (Ong Bak, Tom Yom Goong aka Protector, Ong Bak 2)

*Suggestions will be taken

Costume Contest:

It’s Halloween, come dressed up in your best costumes! PRIZE for Best Costume TBA.

Performances By
:

Hip Hop Performance Featuring BBoying, Popping, and Freestyle Rap.
30 minute Hip Hop Performance by Remote Kontrol and their talented friends. Enjoy a preview of their show before they take it on tour in Germany starting November 21st, 2009. More info to come.

(Will Edit with Details as More Info or Changes Occur)

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
From what I know not many people go to Waba on the weekdays. Usually on Saturdays and definitely for the monthly tournament, which is this coming Saturday.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
just got finished watching it. this movie IS halloween. seriously freaking epic. a little bit of a tit flash at one part, but if you showed the rob zombie halloween then its nothing. seriously. ****ing epic.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Are you sure you want to join the group called "Ganondorf is the best character in Melee"?

LMAO @ the restatment of this question

Player-3

Smash Hero
miles next waba bring ur wii or something and well make me a combo video by me playing you in a few matches

idc about winning i just like to make people say

D: i just got falcon punched by falcon, but im invincible now so im gonna get him

**** he just kneed me **** this game im playing mk

THEN I FALCON PUNCH THEM OUT OF THEIR NADO
RAGE QUIT

milesg2g

Smash Champion
miles next waba bring ur wii or something and well make me a combo video by me playing you in a few matches

idc about winning i just like to make people say

D: i just got falcon punched by falcon, but im invincible now so im gonna get him

**** he just kneed me **** this game im playing mk

THEN I FALCON PUNCH THEM OUT OF THEIR NADO
RAGE QUIT

Iight I'm down man

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Serious Business: What is the rules on stage striking and all that? some regions are doing/ already have been doing that you strike for round 1 then round 2 you ban before the loser picks the stage. do we have this rule? is it not enforced? should we enforce it?
]
to answer your question dyno....

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
I need a teammate this weekend ^.^
If you want I'd be willing to team with you. I main DK and I think a DK Crew team would be fun. I'm pretty good but it's up to you if you want to or not since we don't really know each other (I placed 7th last monthly but imo it should of been 5th; I held back in a match-up I didn't know well).

Also, I just picked up Diddy as my main secondary last week. Already I think he's pretty solid but some tips/critiquing would be much appreciated.

I'll be at the monthly as long as Big Lou can give me a ride which he said isn't definite just yet but probably.

Top Bottom