• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

milesg2g

Smash Champion
My Plans for the future

Ok so a few of you may know that I have been thinking of ways to build, hype, improve, and create our ATL smash scene. I think if we can stretch our tourney's out to other parts in our state we can gain a huge interest and crowd for any of our events. Since Awa weekend Flea and I were able to meet 6 talented smash players in the Decatur area. They're all very competitive players, and really wanted to make an impact on our PR. However, I don't think they were all willing to travel lol. That's why I came up with the Decatur 7 PR thingy. Just so they'd be a bit more motivated to play and attend our tourney's just to compare their skill with ours. Problem is not too many of you guys were fond of the idea, which made sense to me. However, other players in the Decatur area liked the idea if we could come across a good enough venue in the ATL area that they could attend and prove their abilities. Me and Flea decided to figure something out this summer.

Now we finally found a viable venue. I think a few of you are familiar with the company GameXperience or Xgaming. Whatever, it's called Flea has the name I haven't visited it yet.lol From my understanding the company asks for a $10 door fee and you're able to play any game in the venue for free the entire time lol. Flea told me the owner of the store is a huge fan of smash and wasn't aware there was a competitive scene. He then asked Flea to play him in a game and was really impressed by Flea's skill. So he then let Flea and 2 of his other friends get in for free. This is good news for us in many ways. We now have a possible tourney venue for ATL and possibly a trusted sponsor. It's good to start small and locally with our community before moving on to bigger things.

Idk when Flea plans on taking action about this place, but I do know that we plan on throwing tourney's in the summer. I think we could start immediately if we get someone who knows how our tourney scene and community is to come down and talk to the owner of the store and get things going. My plan is to get a trusted venue and sponsor partner for not just the ATL events, but for BBC. If you'd like to help or have some idea's to contribute to this pleeeeeeeeeeese msg me on Skype. (Milesg2g) I think the TO's and people surrounded around the improvement of our scene should get together on this matter.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The SALT series may come to a temporarily end because zeke, the guy that is my connection to the church, is going to boot camp I think on the 16th until July. I'd like to throw another tournament before he leaves so I need a good number of people to say that they would attend in a short amount of time of less than 2 weeks.

:phone:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
and another one falls to high schoolerism

unfortunately this one mattered too.

'tis a shame

T3h Albino

Smash Master
What about fest though? I may be actually legit trying to pick up that dusty old game .-.

Also P-1 there is a 50% chance I could attend, I'll let you know a definite answer soon.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I won't be able to make it on the 14th or 21st; I'm gonna be in Florida at that time. This weekend would be out too because one of my best friends' wedding is then, and I <3 the GA's smash scene but I'm not missing that. I won't be able to do it in May unless it's on the 28th.

Im not going to be able to attend any tourneys in humming anymore. :l my dad says that it's too far away.
That makes me sad, Scatt. How am I supposed to lose to you yet again get my salty revenge for you knocking me out of all three events at the latest SALT if you can't make it to any more tourneys at that venue??

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Like I said before, it's less of a racial problem(although that is a part of it) and more of a fact that my dad doesn't want to drive an hour and a half every time a smash tourney is up there.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Bruh cmon with that, ain't nobody scared of no racism down there.
I'm kidding, and that doesn't mean there isn't.

Like I said before, it's less of a racial problem(although that is a part of it) and more of a fact that my dad doesn't want to drive an hour and a half every time a smash tourney is up there.

Look I know it's a hard time for your family and all with you being in the playoffs and what not but you gotta try to make it out to our tourney's man. It's really cool to meet a celeb at a gaming event.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know this is short notice, but I'm hosting a small smashfest at my place tomorrow. Expecting 5-6 people. If anyone else wanted to try to show up, that'd be fine. VM or PM for info, if interested. Might neee expansion on setups, though. Mainly TVs.

People so far:
Myself
Abel
Zerosins
Taki
Scatt
Neo X
TGK
Maybe Fwop, but it's unlikely.

:phone:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Ice stop being emo, for those of you who don't know T2 is Ice. You're PR'd now, and should def. consider playing again as well as the others in Decatur.

DRN

Smash Lord
Well he may be soon. And if that's what it takes to get him to attend then why not? lol
Actually he prob wont because of attendance. My list was considering people who were inactive such as him, 4God, and Mc PP. I mean i want ice to continue to come too but he needs to find a way whether hes PR'd or not.

Ice play this game even if people dont play with you in your area. I never really get to play outside tourney unless Lounis comes and picks me up lol.

Which reminds me~ Someone drive me to Zatch's house i wanna play smash T__T

:143:

Purple

Hi guys!
Actually he prob wont because of attendance. My list was considering people who were inactive such as him, 4God, and Mc PP. I mean i want ice to continue to come too but he needs to find a way whether hes PR'd or not.

Ice play this game even if people dont play with you in your area. I never really get to play outside tourney unless Lounis comes and picks me up lol.

Which reminds me~ Someone drive me to Zatch's house i wanna play smash T__T

:143:
When is this happening?

Top Bottom