• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'll tell P2 next time I see him, but I was just pointing out it's not MY responsibility to force P2 to pay for the disc. I'll talk to him though and ask him what he thinks.

And personally, I wouldn't say that P2 was the DIRECT cause of the disc breaking as you put it, Jamaal. It's been 3-4 months since that happened so I would have thought that the disc would have stopped working a while before just recently. It may have been a combination of things though, for example that + some other time the disc was damaged that made it not working that if either of the two didn't happen then it would have worked maybe, but that's not really fair to say he's the direct cause of it, at least that's my personal opinion of it, but it doesn't matter since it's b/w P2 and reflex so I'll just tell him next time I see him what the issue is and let you guys settle it from there.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
if he tripped up all over your wii and the game ran fine until now

then it's probably the wii lens and not the disc itself

and brawl does make the lens do work since dual-layers do that

the decay of your wii lens - which if you play brawl regularly, was inevitable anyway

i'm surprised your lens didn't die immediately if it sustained a fall. these newer gen consoles are quite fragile after all.

either usb load or buy a refurbished disc drive or whatever from ebay. it was like $25 for me from hong kong. it'd be a waste to send it to nintendo since they'd just put in a refurbished lens or give you a "new" refurbished wii without homebrew anyway

and charge you labor costs

even though it's like a 10 minutes tops operation if you DIY

you'll need a triwing screwdriver to dissemble the wii though

obv :012:

tl;dr: probably not p2's fault at all. unrelated accident most likely

Purple

Hi guys!
if he tripped up all over your wii and the game ran fine until now

then it's probably the wii lens and not the disc itself

and brawl does make the lens do work since dual-layers do that

the decay of your wii lens - which if you play brawl regularly, was inevitable anyway

i'm surprised your lens didn't die immediately if it sustained a fall. these newer gen consoles are quite fragile after all.

either usb load or buy a refurbished disc drive or whatever from ebay. it was like $25 for me from hong kong. it'd be a waste to send it to nintendo since they'd just put in a refurbished lens or give you a "new" refurbished wii without homebrew anyway

and charge you labor costs

even though it's like a 10 minutes tops operation if you DIY

you'll need a triwing screwdriver to dissemble the wii though

tl;dr: probably not p2's fault at all. unrelated accident most likely
Vietgeek with the cash info.

That helps everyone :bee:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I know that's what caused my first disc to get messed up, and it wasn't immediate that time, either.

It's had small troubles since then, but has started to become more than a small problem at this point.

Not that I'm counting your explanation out.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Any tourneys going on the 30th of April?

I'm thinking about throwing a huge birthday tourney at my house that day, no venue fee or anything just bring yourself. I don't really have any confirmation on this right now though unless there is some kind of interest.
I'll probably be going to this
because my birthday is also in April :awesome:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm holding a tourney in Daphne, Al http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296770
Any crew thats coming and traveling more than 3 hours I was going to get a hotel room for them the day of the tourney if they feel they can't make it back home, free of charge. Double bedroom, and at least a minimal of 5 that needs to stay in the room. I think probably can do 4. I was probably gona save money for 3 hotel rooms maybe 5, but it has to get that hype. First come first served

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Happy Birthday, Scatt :D If you need help or something with the smashfest, I can be of assistance. Are you going to SALT?

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to Revival. Trying to use my expenses to their least so I can have something to bring to G6.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
if you happen to be going to the GG melee tourney at buford on march 5

we could swap brawl discs

just saying~

Supa-Fwop!

Smash Cadet
conyers, georgia (i don't really play much wifi)
what tournaments are going to be held in march? i have a higher likelyhood of going if they have modern warfare 2 or something. i got a ps3 so if anyone wants to play me ill be at lucas's place fo the three day weekend. also, lucas told me to ask if anyone is interested in friendlies anytime this weekend or monday, before he went stopped playing for a while.

Player-3

Smash Hero
SO WHICH ONE OF YOU DIRTBAG ASSWADS STOLE THE TRASH CAN?

we were cleaning up and setting the room up for the church room, and we were MISSING A TRASH CAN

I KNOW ONE OF YOU SLIMY SON OF A *****ES STOLE THE TRASH CAN

FESS UP BEFORE I LOOK AT THE VIDEO RECORDS

****ing CAPITALS

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So there's a Momocon in March that I'm looking to attend. My friends in Anime Club (I only go to play Brawl) are forming a carpool and invited me. They said there isn't a door fee, and there was some thing that involved purchasing a ticket.

Would anyone find interest in going?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So just where the hell is this Momo con place?
Apparently, it's in GA Tech every March.
http://www.freewebs.com/salemanimeclub/apps/calendar/showEvent?calID=5104751&eventID=103255806

I'm joining a group of friends for the ride, so you can expect to see me there, although I have to confirm this with them.

PS: The school's anime club is awfully dead, and I just joined yesterday. Anyone feel free to join and help bring activity to the place, as it would be highly appreciated :D

Top Bottom