• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm not going because registration ends today, and because my ride canceled on me.

Calvin probably doesn't know that registration ends today, and doesn't have a ride, I imagine.

Wow you too?

No kis know's I told him via text. But when i asked him if he registered he didn't text back D:

So just who the hell is gonna rep us there?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
But even if he shuts down low/mid tiers, he gets shut down by top tiers.

I do think he's top 10, but you can't be the best character in the game with a 65:35 matchup with the most prominent character in competitive play.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
But even if he shuts down low/mid tiers, he gets shut down by top tiers.

I do think he's top 10, but you can't be the best character in the game with a 65:35 matchup with the most prominent character in competitive play.
Michael only said that Dedede has the best average matchup when you count every character evenly. That said, I disagree with him, but I can definitely see why he would suggest that.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
This shouldn't evolve into a D3 discussion so stop lol. If you want more info on him go to the character boards. However, commonly most D3s and MK players do view the MU as close to 7:3 but definitely 65:35 for sure. Also, I explained that D3 is definitely not the best considering his complete and utter failure at dealing with top tiers. I simply meant barring those, he'd be the best considering how hard he shuts down a large chunk of the cast. Read closer please :(

I'm the only person who's picked up Wario recently (Reflex simply went back to one of his first and best chars). I only picked him up because I realized I have the most fun playing him and want to co-main him even probably over MK; not for any MU potential but because I think I'd get more enjoyment out of tournaments that way.

@miles - lol, I'm still going MK in the D3 MU. Wario D3 sucks and I wouldn't ever think of playing it when I can play MK so efficiently in the MU. In that light, I would say it doesn't effect their results at all since Reflex is a god among Smashers and I'll still be MKing it up against them.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
No, I understand why you picked him up. Wario does seem fun. I'm just curious to see how sets will be between you guys. Seems like it'll be interesting.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't even know who to use in that MU besides Falcon, lmoa. I'm gonna get molested at every tourney i attend if i have to face a Wario.

Bitebitebitebitebite.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I've been playing A LOT of falco lately.

You may be seeing more of him than the penguin if I ever find a way to make it out to a tourney <_>

Player-1

Smash Legend
The tournament I'm trying to put together will most likely be on the week of Pound, the 19th. I'm still waiting to hear back from this church committee, but my friend said that he will know by today, so you can come to this instead of Pound :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i would love to travel with you guys
to a tournament involving a game i don't play

but winnar might be there

Player-1

Smash Legend
So the tournament I was planning is on for the 19th. I don't know if I can do monthlies as of yet, it will probably be dependent on how this tournament goes so if you want there to be more at this place then don't do anything stupid.

Also, I will NOT be charging a door fee (at least for this one) because for once the rent is FREE (which is another good reason to be on your best behavior here). If setups are a problem here then I WILL be charging a door fee for future tournaments so there's an incentive for bringing them (I won't charge door fee then), but for now there is no door fee so if set ups aren't a problem then no door fee, so make sure you guys bring some or I will be charging the next one I have.

So here's pretty much all the info I have so far:

Date: February 19th

Time (may change): Registration for doubles starts at 2 and goes on til 3 and doubles will start at roughly 3:30, Singles registration will also start at 2 and go on until roughly 4ish, singles will start near the end of doubles.

Rules: Pretty much standard WABA rules, a few minor things may change.

Before I make a thread, I'd like a good name (keeping in my mind this may turn into a tournament series for future tournaments), any suggestions as what it should be?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, since it's taking place at a church: Fight for Faith? Again, i'll go if i can find a ride. Fwop should be able to go as well.

Even still, can anyone possibly pick me up for the Athens tourney?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Since it's on the same date as Pound you should replicate the Pound V thread and put the Church's address. Then it'll be @ National Level

Player-1

Smash Legend
THat might work ^^^ ^.^

besides that one

Some I thought of:

SALT (plain)
SALT (South Atlantic Likes Trolls)
SALTT (South Atlantic Learned Time Travel)
ASAG (Atlantic South Are Gentlemen)
GIDB/GITB (Georgia Is Da/The Best)
obv(#). (Obsessive Brawling Versioin [tournament #])
LiB (Luigi is Broken)
LISOP (Luigi Is Stupidly Over Powered)

any you like, any suggestions, I'm bad at making names =(

milesg2g

Smash Champion
yo miles im personally offended you would put chibo over me js =[
Wait what? I didn't do that lol, also the list was made twice. The first time I made the list it was a little more accurate. I left to eat dinner came back and click "'submit" and the page refreshed so we sorta rushed through the last half.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
(insert pokemon city/town here) city
Salt
Malt(metro atlanta luigi toruney)
Route #

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Gah I can't go to "SALT" then. :l

I guess I'll see you guys at the next ATL revival since it's looking like I won't be able to go to Athens either.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What happened, Scatt? :(

My sister is going to Orlando Florida to DisneyWorld until Friday. If anyone wants to come over during the week that she's out (and i'm free from babysitting), it can be done. I'm having friends over on Friday, so if you decide to go to the Athens tourney, you may be able to (depending on how early i arrange things with my mom) stay over for the night, so we can go there on the Saturday.

Edit: Oh, and my family just got this new glass stand for the HD TV and game consoles :yeahboi: Only problem is getting the thing together, and lifting the TV onto the mount x.x Halp?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
So, TGK wants me to find a carpool or any rides to the Athens tourney this Saturday. Anyone able to pick me up on the way? If not, it's fine.
My god boi!

Check your VMs. I may have an idea.

I really liked Squirtle and Luigi Triumph

If only you had this idea 2 months ago =[
Speaking of which, if NYC (planning to go in two weeks) doesn't pan out, then I will be going to this.

Where is the church again?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
P1 name it Top5. It'd be mad funny if you did. That way if anyone ever asked you where it came from you'd have the funniest explanation.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
What happened, Scatt? :(

My sister is going to Orlando Florida to DisneyWorld until Friday. If anyone wants to come over during the week that she's out (and i'm free from babysitting), it can be done. I'm having friends over on Friday, so if you decide to go to the Athens tourney, you may be able to (depending on how early i arrange things with my mom) stay over for the night, so we can go there on the Saturday.

Edit: Oh, and my family just got this new glass stand for the HD TV and game consoles :yeahboi: Only problem is getting the thing together, and lifting the TV onto the mount x.x Halp?
Yo man up and flex them muscles son.

Top Bottom