• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I broke my controller by throwing it once.

Ever since I've always played with my bag directly in front of me so I can throw it at that
One day I want to slam my controller down at the floor so hard that it breaks into pieces. but i do not have a spare controller that I am comfortable using (one doesnt have a pause button with a weird analog stick, and the other is madcatz.)

Player-1

Smash Legend
One day I want to slam my controller down at dyno's head so hard that it breaks into pieces, but i do not have a spare dyno that I can make fun of.

Rayku

Smash Lord
GCN controllers are made of Nintendium. I slammed one on the cement as hard as I could when I was younger and it took 3 tries just to get it to crack

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Oh yeah, because it will have a good turnout by saying "Atlanta Revival never has a good turnout save your money"

The reason we don't ever get any tournaments besides waba, is because nobody ever goes to any tournaments besides Waba. We need to start going to other tournaments, these Street fighter and Tekken players are going out of their way to share their tournament series with us and we're just ignoring them like we're better than them or something...wtf is that? A tournament is a ****ing tournament, GA brawl just needs to step it up <_<

Purple

Hi guys!
Oh yeah, because it will have a good turnout by saying "Atlanta Revival never has a good turnout save your money"

The reason we don't ever get any tournaments besides waba, is because nobody ever goes to any tournaments besides Waba. We need to start going to other tournaments, these Street fighter and Tekken players are going out of their way to share their tournament series with us and we're just ignoring them like we're better than them or something...wtf is that? A tournament is a ****ing tournament, GA brawl just needs to step it up <_<

Well put Albino. Trash talking a tournament that the host is being kind enough to allow us in isn't the way to get the community to grow; even if your comment was in jest you should retract the statement. Please know that people PRAY that you guys come to Atl Revival because otherwise they would never see the community often (i.e. Umby). By immediately claiming Atl Revival is trash and that you shouldn't go, you're kind of putting a segment of our community on blast; that's not cool (Exile, T2, Umby, etc.)

I will say though that if you're saving up for Apex you still have a pretty viable reason to go to Atl Revival; you should be using Atl Revival as a gateway to see how well you will place.

That being said, I'm going to have a three week break from school until my next semester starts; hopefully I can scrap some money up and go to this.

bigman40

Smash Master
If you aren't confirmed for Apex now, then you might as well not be going to it....We need to start going to the tourneys that we have here other than always going to Waba all the **** time. Anyways, if I have the extra money, I'll be going to ATL Revival.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Well put Albino. Trash talking a tournament that the host is being kind enough to allow us in isn't the way to get the community to grow; even if your comment was in jest you should retract the statement. Please know that people PRAY that you guys come to Atl Revival because otherwise they would never see the community often (i.e. Umby). By immediately claiming Atl Revival is trash and that you shouldn't go, you're kind of putting a segment of our community on blast; that's not cool (Exile, T2, Umby, etc.)

I will say though that if you're saving up for Apex you still have a pretty viable reason to go to Atl Revival; you should be using Atl Revival as a gateway to see how well you will place.

That being said, I'm going to have a three week break from school until my next semester starts; hopefully I can scrap some money up and go to this.

Hope to see u there Jamal. Otherwise I'll be a sad panda. Not mention its only $20 bucks guyz, it's not that bad and it'll be crazy fun to see you guyz again. It's bad enough I didn't see you guyz the majority of the summer.

D0N

Smash Ace
It woulda been nice to see ya again Deo... That tourney date is the day my housing expires

VietGeek

Smash Hero
idk remember his d3 chaingrabs

i was so amazed at how precise he was with them that i lost miserably

i couldn't even swing my sword

because he sat on it

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah vietg
you should go metaknight his sword is invincible so dedede cant sit on it

and its lighter so he can swing it alot faster

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I broke my controller by throwing it once.

Ever since I've always played with my bag directly in front of me so I can throw it at that
*Jots idea down*

Alby with a quality post. :bigthumbu

I don't think I'm going to ATL Revival though. I need to focus on life after Tech, which isn't that far away anymore.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Haha Albino doing good stuff. Man I wish I had a car and a minimum wage job so I could go to every tourney LIKE Atlanta Revival and such.

@VietG: DK Bongos money match? It'll be fun

Side note: Don't ever play Falco in drunken smash with me, you'll never want to shoot another laser again

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Haha Albino doing good stuff. Man I wish I had a car and a minimum wage job so I could go to every tourney LIKE Atlanta Revival and such.

@VietG: DK Bongos money match? It'll be fun

Side note: Don't ever play Falco in drunken smash with me, you'll never want to shoot another laser again

Word I can't find a job worth ****. I'd be @ mad tourney's if that weren't the case. I'm using my moms money. And keep in mind i have a lil bro too that loves going. That hurts her wallet :(
I needa job asap ****. And a Car

milesg2g

Smash Champion
It's so ****in annoying in GA though, Finding a job is so hard and all these young high school kids take them before the important people can get them.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that's not fixable unless you go into hardware stuff.
ultimately not worth it
send it to nintendo or switch to USB loader

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
atm usb loaders allow you to load games from a hard drive or flash drive.
currently only support wii.
in the future support GC (looking like sept or august for open beta)

Top Bottom