• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nope. some of us have to live off of our money (and don't have maids to do everything for us).

keep it $5.

also, do 60/30/10 split. i never understood 70/20/10. second place just gets reamed.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The $5 entry fee's here usually ment lower turnouts or unhappy players after taking home the pot.

Then the attendance will slllooooowwwllly decline until everyone calls it a glorified smashfests. xD Amirite Raf?

DRN

Smash Lord
If it stays 5 atm then the attendence will be lower since Elev8 and whoever else is going with him wont be coming. Which means that the winner of the tourney is the only person that will probably make any kind of profit. Second will make all his money back and 3rd will prob be even less.

60/30/10 wont fix anything. 3rd will be pointless. If we do a $5 tourney i'd rather have winner take all since 2nd and 3rd will make jack **** anyway. May as well have 1 happy camper.

$10 also cause theres gonna be good people here anyway- Raf/Billy/Scatz/Micaelis/Albino

@Popo- only Jason can bring up maids since he uses it well. Sorry ;o

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i was talking about 60/3010 as a standard for tourneys in general

and anybody can bring up the maids because your family is that much more wealthy than everyone else (which means money is less important to you than everyone else).

billy and dyno are exceptions to this since billy's family has more money than any of us and dyno also lives in a mini mansion.

DRN

Smash Lord
i was talking about 60/3010 as a standard for tourneys in general

and anybody can bring up the maids because your family is that much more wealthy than everyone else (which means money is less important to you than everyone else).
LOL im 1000% sure my family isnt as rich as u guys think.... I may have to give up my cell phone soon cause it costs to much(its just unlimited text, limited minutes). Thats just the only thing im willing to share with smashboards. Not gonna elaborate on everything thats going on.
Money is pretty **** important to me since i have literally none in my wallet and am working at Brusters very very soon so i can continue to play smash.
Im just trying to push it up to $10 so i can have AL come here and also have all the winners go home happy instead of just first going home with like a $10 profit while 2nd and 3rd pretty much get nothing.

Edit: O ya and it should prob just be 70/20/10. The only thing we should change it to if we do is to top 5 payout. Which a majority wanted to start doing after Final Round but it was never mentioned again.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
My family isn't as rich as people think, either.

I want a $10 pot fee because I want AL to come and it's more exciting with more on the line. Min should have no problem with changing the pot fee.

I'll be going regardless of pot fee.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
LOL im 1000% sure my family isnt as rich as u guys think.... I may have to give up my cell phone soon cause it costs to much(its just unlimited text, limited minutes). Thats just the only thing im willing to share with smashboards. Not gonna elaborate on everything thats going on.
Money is pretty **** important to me since i have literally none in my wallet and am working at Brusters very very soon so i can continue to play smash.
Im just trying to push it up to $10 so i can have AL come here and also have all the winners go home happy instead of just first going home with like a $10 profit while 2nd and 3rd pretty much get nothing.

Edit: O ya and it should prob just be 70/20/10. The only thing we should change it to if we do is to top 5 payout. Which a majority wanted to start doing after Final Round but it was never mentioned again.
oh my god, i'm sooo sorry. i never knew living in mansion could be so rough. excuse me if i don't sympathize with your plight; my family barely has enough money to afford lving in a single story "shack". i had to go without food for a month just to get my wii, but no, your phone is definitely more of a sacrifice. every penny from my job goes towards paying the rent on my apartment. i live on $80 a month (food, games, etc). but no, you have it just as bad...

@billy: ihop. mansion. shush.

top 5 payout doesn't really seem like a feasible idea due to the number of people we usually get attending. you'd need 30+ at every tourney to justify something like that. 60/30/10 is a much more reasonable arrangement as first place is still making a good amount of money, but second place doesn't get the shaft.

Purple

Hi guys!
money is relative frozenhobo, you live in america. You had to starve for a month to get a wii? Try starving for no ****ing reason. Don't bash Turtl. Fact is he's making a sacrifice to support his idea in the community.

more money = more competitive players will come. For an example, all of Florida came to GA because of OoS pot. SC came for melee because of OoS pot. Why don't they come to waba monthlies? Because they don't get money.

With the five dollar thing, it gets casual players, hoewver not the competition who people want to get good want.

This isn't to bash you though Frozenpopo, this is just how i'm looking at it. You got the bad end of the stick when it comes to finances Frozn, however you can't use that to boast.

The top 5 thing doesn't really matter to me though. It's just a way for more people to get reward and to take away from the overall winner to me.

DRN

Smash Lord
oh my god, i'm sooo sorry. i never knew living in mansion could be so rough. excuse me if i don't sympathize with your plight; my family barely has enough money to afford lving in a single story "shack". i had to go without food for a month just to get my wii, but no, your phone is definitely more of a sacrifice. every penny from my job goes towards paying the rent on my apartment. i live on $80 a month (food, games, etc). but no, you have it just as bad...

@billy: ihop. mansion. shush.

top 5 payout doesn't really seem like a feasible idea due to the number of people we usually get attending. you'd need 30+ at every tourney to justify something like that. 60/30/10 is a much more reasonable arrangement as first place is still making a good amount of money, but second place doesn't get the shaft.
LOL i like how u read everything(/sarcasm). I just mentioned phone cause it was the only thing i wanted to share with smashboards BECAUSE IT WAS SO SMALL. Have u even really seen my house? Prob not cause its def not a mansion. Lol at u having to go without food for a month which ima just assume is an exaggeration and leave it at that.... I also never said i had it as bad as you. The only thing i said was i dont have it as good as you keep implying. Your acting as if i drive to waba in a Ferrari and start throwing money everywhere once im inside.

K...Then top 5 will only be for 30+ which we had last Monthly at the new venue. Just stating. I still dont think it should be 60/30/10. Lets gooo 60/25/15 lol so 3rd gets something extra as well.

Edit: Jamaals awesome

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
LOL i like how u read everything(/sarcasm). I just mentioned phone cause it was the only thing i wanted to share with smashboards BECAUSE IT WAS SO SMALL. Have u even really seen my house? Prob not cause its def not a mansion. Lol at u having to go without food for a month which ima just assume is an exaggeration and leave it at that.... I also never said i had it as bad as you. The only thing i said was i dont have it as good as you keep implying. Your acting as if i drive to waba in a Ferrari and start throwing money everywhere once im inside.
actually not an exaggeration. i had no meal plan at school so i had to pay for all of my lunches. to ensure that i had the money to buy my wii from a friend i didn't spend any money on food for the entire duration of that time. that, and i hate my mom's cooking. hunger pains stop after the first week.

also, do you really want me to bring up your MMs with lounis?

K...Then top 5 will only be for 30+ which we had last Monthly at the new venue. Just stating. I still dont think it should be 60/30/10. Lets gooo 60/25/15 lol so 3rd gets something extra as well.
i know you're trying to be sarcastic, but i actually support this.

DRN

Smash Lord
actually not an exaggeration. i had no meal plan at school so i had to pay for all of my lunches. to ensure that i had the money to buy my wii from a friend i didn't spend any money on food for the entire duration of that time. that, and i hate my mom's cooking. hunger pains stop after the first week.

also, do you really want me to bring up your MMs with lounis?

i know you're trying to be sarcastic, but i actually support this.
No actually i'd rather have 60/25/15 if we didnt want 70/20/10. U should ask Lounis how much my usual mm is with him. The most ive ever done against him is $10 which was once. Most of the time my mms with him are a dollar or 2 i have left after waba. I only do this cause i believe i will win. I Never expect to lose to Lounis. Neveeerrrrr

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i definitly saw you repeatedly MM lounis, calvin, reflex, and elev8 the first time we were at the new venue. and at every waba. and at michael's smashfest. and pretty much any time you and lounis are in the same room with a tv.

edit: but if you were serious about 60/25/15 then sure, lets vote on it (not necessarily now, but possibly after CB).

DRN

Smash Lord
i definitly saw you repeatedly MM lounis, calvin, reflex, and elev8 the first time we were at the new venue. and at every waba. and at michael's smashfest. and pretty much any time you and lounis are in the same room with a tv.
Lol i mm'd Raf for a $1, Reflex for all the change in my Pocket, and Lounis for $3.
Cavin was like a dollar too.
Yes i wanted to mm Lounis at the Smashfest for $5 cause then it'd be legit for the PR and with Jamaals new rules it'd tech make me number 1 in the state for FMPOV PR LOL.

Edit:I would only do 60/25/15 if Calvin, Reflex, Raf, and Lounis all agree'd to it. They are the ones it'd most effect since they are the ones who usually win. If one of them didnt want it i'd scrap the idea. I dont care about an actual majority vote for something that'd effect their prize money (assuming one doesnt want it).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I mean...

It's not that serious.

:D

P.S. - Thanks for all the help, Henry! I really appreciate it! ^_^

Saltix

Smash Lord
Which is $10.
For $10: GTR, Me, Billy, Raf, Saltix(hes fine w/ it), Kola(lol), Nice1

Against:Yiff, Popo
I'm neutral; I'm a frugal person by nature lol
not necessarily frugal; I can't justify continuing to donate $10 to someone's wallet when I have a very low chance of at least making my money back.
And don't give me that "then get better BS"

Was the wii really that important?

I'm guessing it's really poor then.

One of these day I'm going to show Rayku whats up, having I'm the best Ike in the ATL south and all.
You'll have to show us BOTH up. But prepare yourself, because you'll get no sympathy from me.

its true

kola is the best ike in the world
SIKE. I HAVE TOLD YOU, I AM THE BEST IKE IN THE WORLD

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Edit:I would only do 60/25/15 if Calvin, Reflex, Raf, and Lounis all agree'd to it. They are the ones it'd most effect since they are the ones who usually win. If one of them didnt want it i'd scrap the idea. I dont care about an actual majority vote for something that'd effect their prize money (assuming one doesnt want it).
Who cares about the money, it's more about the competition and the thirst to win. If more people want to do something I am more then willing to do w/e, but we are defintly not the only people that matter on the subject.

Umby

Smash Master
Who cares about the money, it's more about the competition and the thirst to win. If more people want to do something I am more then willing to do w/e, but we are defintly not the only people that matter on the subject.
In that case, winner take all.

With me being the winner. :D

Waba

Smash Apprentice
QFT!

We want the Smash community to grow with new faces(players) and most of all have FUN! I had the pot fee at $5 becuz we want more people to be able to afford it and have FUN w/ tournament experience. If all/most of you want the pot fee to be raised, no problem, but not just becuz AL won't come if GA doesn't pay them enough. I understand it's a long drive, but hoped the trip was made becuz of the community and FUN...NOT how much $ they WILL take back to AL to make it worth while imo. I hope Elev8 will come out tomorrow to CB either way, becuz it will only help GA players 'elev8' their game. No offence to Elev8 or Reflex, they are cool guys & excellent players, but would like to see GA players beat them and keep the $ in GA;)

I'm cool with what all/most of you guys want to do in respect to pot fee and split at CB or Monthlies. Teams will happen as long as we have enough entrants, which I hope will not be a problem. Thanks for your support.:)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
for future events: does anyone pass the mall of georgia on their way to the new venue (sounds ridiculous but idk we play brawl)? i'd be willing to pay for gas to and back (or however the hell it works lol).

:012:?!

:048:

Saltix

Smash Lord
for future events: does anyone pass the mall of georgia on their way to the new venue (sounds ridiculous but idk we play brawl)? i'd be willing to pay for gas to and back (or however the hell it works lol).

:012:?!

:048:
You're back to playing brawl now? OMG
oh, and if teams don't happen, I prolly wont stick around for 1v1, just sayin

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
tl;dr
mikalott sux

hey vietg if no one else offers i'll probably be picking up tim.... which isn't too far from the mall of ga, really.

Top Bottom