• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

GAwes

Hidden Boss
brawl***s have the most annoying and ****tily brightly colored sigs i've ever seen. when the **** is the next melee monthly that people will actually go to, im not searching this troll invested piece of **** to find out, so someone tell me directly.

Purple

Hi guys!
Hey guys, i've been thinking a lot about my smash career, and overall playing of the game. I've found that i've begun to not enjoy the game anymore. Granted in a serious mode of play, i should be about winning, but you still want to have a good time, and be able to say "good games" and mean it.

I really do think that i haven't found my main yet, for brawl or melee. Maybe brawl because snake is pretty **** fun, but i'm not really having. well "real fun" i guess. Just fun beating scrubs and such.

In the end, how much fun will you truly have being frustrated? Hell, how much will you learn about the game being frustrated? I understand learning technical things on your own time. But how can you possibly learn things being frustrated about your character and how they play, or being told that you're playing wrong by switching characters, not switching characters etc.

To be honest, i would assume that anyone who goes to college, will probably switch majors, or at least consider it,, they don't truly know what they want just from looks of it (Watching Darkrain or SilentSpectre all day would make anyone want to learn falcon, and some even do it because of this, does that mean that you will be successful? Not exactly.

Anyways, watering down the message. I'm looking into the game a lot more for fun, i feel it'll help me be more enduring of playing smash for long periods of time, plus i'll overall learn more. Does that mean i will stop playing snake, not exactly. Does that mean that i will continue playing snake the rest of my life? Not exactly either, basically saying i'm open to looking into more characters for what i truly enjoy. Hopefully something comes of it.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
dank dood, but lookin for a monthly, not combo breaker, this cat aint payin a 10 dollar door fee at waba unless Sir michael buchheit is in the thread's title.

i'll edit for the sake of not being too big of a ****.

oh yeah, and i couldnt go cause its this weekend, already workkkzin

anddddd i dont give a **** about other games. i dont want to have to look at those kids.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Looking at the title:
Great job with the commentary, kazoo.....
Some memorable quotes:
"No I do not have a cold!" (in response to chat)
[Vyke about Kazoo] "I think he's ******** too." (in response to chat)
"It's pretty even right now." (5 stocks to 2, all mid-percent)
"Now fox just needs to hold this stock." (as fox is off the screen, firefoxing trying to get back on stadium. Before kazoo finishes the pronouncement, the fox is killed)
"Don't RAGEquit heehee"
"Salty MAAAAtch!"

And for shouting at some pro in losers semis I think? At least 5 times during the match.
Thx for repping GA.
I think someone is still a little salty when he got booted out the PG by CK himself. How's the salt, GOD! :p In all honesty though, I probably will not focus on the commentary and instead my level of play.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I think someone is still a little salty when he got booted out the PG by CK himself. How's the salt, GOD! :p In all honesty though, I probably will not focus on the commentary and instead my level of play.
I hope so. The solution to everything is not short hopping a dair, nair. As seen on livestream verse TAi and that ness.

"Salty" is the stupidest term in the world. It's ok to use if the person is actually "salty," not if you can't think of anything else to say.

CK is a SWF mod. I am a Biochem major and a pre med student. I think I know what I'm talking about.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i've been thinking a lot about my smash career, and overall playing of the game. I've found that i've begun to not enjoy the game anymore. Granted in a serious mode of play, i should be about winning, but you still want to have a good time, and be able to say "good games" and mean it.

I really do think that i haven't found my main yet, for brawl or melee. Maybe brawl because snake is pretty **** fun, but i'm not really having. well "real fun" i guess. Just fun beating scrubs and such.

In the end, how much fun will you truly have being frustrated? Hell, how much will you learn about the game being frustrated? I understand learning technical things on your own time. But how can you possibly learn things being frustrated about your character and how they play, or being told that you're playing wrong by switching characters, not switching characters etc.

To be honest, i would assume that anyone who goes to college, will probably switch majors, or at least consider it,, they don't truly know what they want just from looks of it (Watching Darkrain or SilentSpectre all day would make anyone want to learn falcon, and some even do it because of this, does that mean that you will be successful? Not exactly.

Anyways, watering down the message. I'm looking into the game a lot more for fun, i feel it'll help me be more enduring of playing smash for long periods of time, plus i'll overall learn more. Does that mean i will stop playing snake, not exactly. Does that mean that i will continue playing snake the rest of my life? Not exactly either, basically saying i'm open to looking into more characters for what i truly enjoy. Hopefully something comes of it.
Do what I did. Pick up Melee, and use Luigi in Brawl. It really is a lot of fun.

GOD!

Smash Ace
i am computer science, premed AND prepharm and also industrial engineering and i assert that GOD! has no idea what he is talking about
who are you?
what the **** does biochem have to do wit smashbros.
Nothing. Unless you're a liberal, and then it has everything to do with it.

And I'm sorry that 'm posting over your more important post, Pervatasaurus. I just really felt like flaming kazoo.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
@Jamaal: Play Kirby. Mad fun, right there. Who CAN'T be having fun while playing Kirby? The tilts, the Hammer, STEALING THE ABILITIES?

Kirby's amazingly fun.

Rayku

Smash Lord
****in' GAWes layin' down the law.

Also, I want to go to Combo Breaker, but not really. Just want to play teams in both games.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
dank dood, but lookin for a monthly, not combo breaker, this cat aint payin a 10 dollar door fee at waba unless Sir michael buchheit is in the thread's title.

i'll edit for the sake of not being too big of a ****.

oh yeah, and i couldnt go cause its this weekend, already workkkzin

anddddd i dont give a **** about other games. i dont want to have to look at those kids.
I'm pretty sure the combo breakers are as good as waba gets now a days. The melee attendance for the weekend should be rockin though. Sorry you cant make it :(

bbg get ready for some marth dittos and lnik s marth the hero of time will **** link for mid ftw <3
rofl

aight man, lookin forward to it.

Purple

Hi guys!
Do what I did. Pick up Melee, and use Luigi in Brawl. It really is a lot of fun.
@Jamaal: Play Kirby. Mad fun, right there. Who CAN'T be having fun while playing Kirby? The tilts, the Hammer, STEALING THE ABILITIES?

Kirby's amazingly fun.
play falcon in melee and learn to combo like a beast.

Sooooo much fun.

No. I'm not strictly doing what Anyone tells me to do. I don't know why you guys even gave me those requests, i'm playing both brawl and melee, and i'm going to go through all those characters eventually.

I hope so. The solution to everything is not short hopping a dair, nair. As seen on livestream verse TAi and that ness.

"Salty" is the stupidest term in the world. It's ok to use if the person is actually "salty," not if you can't think of anything else to say.

CK is a SWF mod. I am a Biochem major and a pre med student. I think I know what I'm talking about.
Dude, let him learn how to play, i'm sure he will figure things out in his own time, in the end. It's all about the person's mind more than their tech skill anyways. (not saying you don't need to know how to l-cancel to win, just saying that both are equally important.)

What does being a SWF mod have to do with if he's smarter or not smarter than you. People have lives outside of Smashboards you know.

Salty is a term, whether it's the stupidest term in the world is opinionated.

God i know you hate Kazoo, and this is the flame thread, but you're at the same time not having very many reasons to hate on him. In the end i really can only see this as you being mad that Kazoo went to pound 4 and you didn't.

apparently, i need to teach GA how to do commentary...
Not to insult, but some people naturally can't hold conversation. Being humorous is something inheirited, not learned.

GOD!

Smash Ace
God i know you hate Kazoo, and this is the flame thread, but you're at the same time not having very many reasons to hate on him. In the end i really can only see this as you being mad that Kazoo went to pound 4 and you didn't.
I don't hate him. I hate his commentary. I hardly even know him, how could I hate him...
Obviously no one here knows the extent of our interactions in the debate hall. So why comment on what you don't know about?

And I wouldn't have gone to pound 4 even if I had the money to go. Getting brutally ***** is not my idea of a good time. My MLK weekend was amazing and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
truth be told kazoo, you're pretty bad at commentary.

god do you even want to improve at smash bros? "getting *****" is part of getting better. in fact because there were so many players there that were playing at high levels of play you would have been able to learn so much more so much faster.

you are also not an active part of our community so you clearly don't understand what
THE LARGEST MELEE TOURNAMENT THAT EVER WAS
means and what bearing it has to a melee player.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If you have a problem with Kazoo's commentary and want to flame him, go for it. Don't use horrible reasons for it, like "I hate him in the debate hall, which is why I'm going to publicly hate him here."

Give relevance, at LEAST.

What Tong said, too.

SleepyK

No. I'm not strictly doing what Anyone tells me to do. I don't know why you guys even gave me those requests, i'm playing both brawl and melee, and i'm going to go through all those characters eventually.
i love how brawlers just think you should pick up another character in melee instead of taking the time to get really in depth with one character.

hey guys i am jamaal and i am going to learn falco
nvm fox

why do i still suck and lose to sleepyks mewtwo help pls

hbox/silent spectre/ a ton of good players do not play any other characters nearly as well as their for a reason

Dude, let him learn how to play, i'm sure he will figure things out in his own time, in the end. It's all about the person's mind more than their tech skill anyways. (not saying you don't need to know how to l-cancel to win, just saying that both are equally important.)
it's more about execution than tech skill.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
truest words ever spoken

Purple

Hi guys!
i love how brawlers just think you should pick up another character in melee instead of taking the time to get really in depth with one character.

hey guys i am jamaal and i am going to learn falco
nvm fox

why do i still suck and lose to sleepyks mewtwo help pls
Dude, shut up with your jokes. If i don't enjoy the character anymore, why would i go in depth into them. I thought falco would be a good asset, high tier, great shield pressure, etc. But that's not the reason i should take. I'm not guaranteed to change character, obviously i'm not guaranteed to stick to falco in melee either . Finding what's most fun comes first, then it's actually tolerable to learn bad matchups and such for a character you enjoy, more than a character that statistically does better.

Obviously no one here knows the extent of our interactions in the debate hall. So why comment on what you don't know about?

*stares at my debater name*

GOD!

Smash Ace
This has nothing to do with anything except for the fact that kazoo sucks at commentary.

And now I'm getting flamed for not going to a huge melee tournament when one of my friends just tried to commit suicide and I got to spend the weekend with him.

Getting ***** doesn't equal getting better. Who would have had time to sit down with me and tell me what I was doing wrong.. as C kept saying, there were almost no friendlies. Or was he just lying? Once again, going to a place for three days with 500 people I don't know at all isn't appealing, even if I didn't have a friend who needed help.

But wtf, flame all you want.

Oh and I practice just about every day.
And I also live and hour and a half away from everything, have no car, and have a mom who won't let me come home for spring break. Sorry I'm not part of the community.

SleepyK

Dude, shut up with your jokes. If i don't enjoy the character anymore, why would i go in depth into them. I thought falco would be a good asset, high tier, great shield pressure, etc. But that's not the reason i should take. I'm not guaranteed to change character, obviously i'm not guaranteed to stick to falco in melee either . Finding what's most fun comes first, then it's actually tolerable to learn bad matchups and such for a character you enjoy, more than a character that statistically does better.
lol talks about tiers then picks up fox
ya ok high tier to #1

and i love it when people can't come up with legitimate responses.
btw falco has no bad matchups
rlolololroflroflof

gues who has fewer than no bad match ups

that's right fox

oh also i guess i'll throw some flame in there

sounds like this guy is salty about never beating my mewtwo
thanks for the dollars

Top Bottom