• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Purple

Hi guys!
lol talks about tiers then picks up fox
ya ok high tier to #1

and i love it when people can't come up with legitimate responses.
btw falco has no bad matchups
rlolololroflroflof

gues who has fewer than no bad match ups

that's right fox

oh also i guess i'll throw some flame in there

sounds like this guy is salty about never beating my mewtwo
thanks for the dollars
I've also played falcon, luigi and dr. mario. Just saying.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
WABA WEEKLIES BE THERE
sry sleepy maybe next time.
can someone recored my matches i think i'll be bringing my cam but i only have two 1 gb sd cards so thats not a lot of matches i can recored. anyone want to fight me if so u can be recored if someone can hold the cam while im fighting xDDD i gotta show the link boards how i play so i can see what i need to work on

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
This has nothing to do with anything except for the fact that kazoo sucks at commentary.

And now I'm getting flamed for not going to a huge melee tournament when one of my friends just tried to commit suicide and I got to spend the weekend with him.

Getting ***** doesn't equal getting better. Who would have had time to sit down with me and tell me what I was doing wrong.. as C kept saying, there were almost no friendlies. Or was he just lying? Once again, going to a place for three days with 500 people I don't know at all isn't appealing, even if I didn't have a friend who needed help.

But wtf, flame all you want.

Oh and I practice just about every day.
And I also live and hour and a half away from everything, have no car, and have a mom who won't let me come home for spring break. Sorry I'm not part of the community.
are you sure you're not a high schooler

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
and you've sucked with all of them equally right

let me know how much fun sucking is for you

also that is the best popcorn gif

Purple

Hi guys!
and you've sucked with all of them equally right

let me know how much fun sucking is for you

also that is the best popcorn gif
I'll make sure to I guess? You like to attack people who have different views than you sleepy? You ever think of just leaving it alone?

Me playing those characters has nothing to do with my skill level. It's just who i enjoy playing around with.

I just don't feel it's exactly smart to just get into a game and immediately choose one character and stick with them, without expanding your knowledge on other characters just because of the tier list. Which is what i've been doing throughout my competitive play

SleepyK

i have two capture cards to use.

you should come on friday then go to waba on saturday from my house.

Rayku

Smash Lord
oh gawd, I love ScarJo ;_;
If only Mr. ******jus couldn't predict the future that never would have happened :(

Tong's just telling you how you talk.

I'm sure Tong still hates how I talk, he just decided to lay off me for a while. Couldn't say why.

I guess he still does it on facebook for kicks, though.

SleepyK

And now I'm getting flamed for not going to a huge melee tournament when one of my friends just tried to commit suicide and I got to spend the weekend with him.
lol stating something like that after i only had barebones understandings of how your weekend went is quite an underhanded tactic that makes me look like the bad guy. nice one there.

Getting ***** doesn't equal getting better. Who would have had time to sit down with me and tell me what I was doing wrong.. as C kept saying, there were almost no friendlies. Or was he just lying? Once again, going to a place for three days with 500 people I don't know at all isn't appealing, even if I didn't have a friend who needed help.
cornel wasn't at pound 4.
there were tons of friendlies.
you can ask anyone to help you out. no one in GA knows youl yet you can still get friendlies and ask for advice.

how is this a legitimate point? please let me know

Oh and I practice just about every day.
And I also live and hour and a half away from everything, have no car, and have a mom who won't let me come home for spring break. Sorry I'm not part of the community.
you could just as easily be putting in the wrong kind of practice.

also no johns.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I'll make sure to I guess? You like to attack people who have different views than you sleepy? You ever think of just leaving it alone?

Me playing those characters has nothing to do with my skill level. It's just who i enjoy playing around with.

I just don't feel it's exactly smart to just get into a game and immediately choose one character and stick with them, without expanding your knowledge on other characters just because of the tier list. Which is what i've been doing throughout my competitive play
Yeah, lets not argue or anything, that might create change and promote healthy thinking.

Also, if you go to a tournament and play friendlies with people you lose to and switch characters every round, you learn almost nothing compared to what you learn if you try to learn one character.

Yes, playing different characters will give you perspective on matchups and indeed expand your knowledge of the game, but overall you just sound like a scrub.

P.S. I didn't read any of the other argument so I probably don't even know what the basis of your retort is.

P.P.S I love posting on smashboards

SleepyK

nice trying to completely derail what we were talking about attempt. doesn't work. salllltyyyy

yeah so now you are saying you don't main any of them. so you still main falco? why don't you just improve with him again? do you even play melee anymore?

and you're not that good at barlw either.
just stick to one character buttface.
you don't seem to understand that you generally hurt your rate of improvement because you spend so much time trying to learn basics of a bunch of characters instead of sticking with one.
clearly it's the most beneficial especially in smash to learn core gameplay mechanics and matchups with a single character. at least initially.

o thx dan. dan posted what i said.

rayku, C was in my pool. i figured he meant cornel as that's who we all refer to as C.

there were plenty of friendlies. he is wrong.

Rayku

Smash Lord
rayku, C was in my pool. i figured he meant cornel as that's who we all refer to as C.

there were plenty of friendlies. he is wrong.
Something tells me he doesn't even know who Cornel is (Brawl player, Cornel rarely posts), so I think that's all he knew :)

I didn't mean to include the "there were no friendlies blargh" part that he said. My bad.

Purple

Hi guys!
I understand that you need to learn one character in and out. But as i'm constantly saying, why learn a character that you do not enjoy fully. In the end you still don't enjoy the character.

SleepyK

lol please make your singular point clear instead of trying to mix a million points into one poorly written paragraph and then trying to defend yourself with unrelated BS

then pick a god****ed character. it's not hard.

here's how i did it

hey mathos did 70% with lasers in fc crews, i can do that

FALCO

GOD!

Smash Ace
lol stating something like that after i only had barebones understandings of how your weekend went is quite an underhanded tactic that makes me look like the bad guy. nice one there.
Maybe you shouldn't talk when you only have a barebones understanding of a subject. Then I will be powerless to make you look bad.
cornel wasn't at pound 4.
there were tons of friendlies.
you can ask anyone to help you out. no one in GA knows you yet you can still get friendlies and ask for advice.

how is this a legitimate point? please let me know
C from sweden. Who talked on the livestream on friday and who said this. Well I guess he was lying and I would have gotten better.

Bottom line is I wouldn't have had fun cause I would know zero ppl there.
you could just as easily be putting in the wrong kind of practice.

also no johns.
Well I hope not, cause I did exactly what you suggested I do, empty controller, .5 ratio, handicap, and do stuff on that character to get the feel for the hitstun of moves.

Well since I'm not a part of the community, I can john all I want. I guess when I learn to teleport I'll stop johnning.

EDit - brawl player? And C (cornel) was the first smasher I ever met.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Or use my logic:

This character looks cool.

GANONDORF/LUCARIO

"Bottom line is I wouldn't have had fun cause I would know zero ppl there."
^ SOMEONE doesn't like meeting new people at -all-

Personally, when I went to Genesis, the hotel room I stayed at had 0 people I knew staying there. I even slept in a bed with strangers. Woke up to ShizWiz playing Hax on my bed.

And that was awesome.

GOD!

Smash Ace
"Bottom line is I wouldn't have had fun cause I would know zero ppl there."
^ SOMEONE doesn't like meeting new people at -all-

Personally, when I went to Genesis, the hotel room I stayed at had 0 people I knew staying there. I even slept in a bed with strangers. Woke up to ShizWiz playing Hax on my bed.

And that was awesome.
I meet new people at parties. Movies. Through other friends.

I forgot that all people have exactly the same social characteristics. And meet people the same way as every other person on the planet.
Silly me.

Umby

Smash Master
Maybe you shouldn't talk when you only have a barebones understanding of a subject. Then I will be powerless to make you look bad.
You offered a barebones statement as a response in an argument. If there are more important and relevant details that need to be outlined in your argument, it's up to YOU make that clear rather than have someone assume there's more to your story. It makes your words look less refutable (and slightly unbelievable) when you make such statements after the fact.

Bottom line is I wouldn't have had fun cause I would know zero ppl there.
Friendships are built upon initial meetings where people do not know people. In this case, however, Smash has a community. That community was at Pound 4. Even if you didn't know people there at first, you can be sure that you are part of that community. Since you have a similar interest (Smash Bros.) you can be sure that just socializing with people in your community would have been fun on its own.

Well I hope not, cause I did exactly what you suggested I do, empty controller, .5 ratio, handicap, and do stuff on that character to get the feel for the hitstun of moves.
Only part of practice. The other part is consistent practical use of what you've learned/practiced applied to fighting with human players. Followed by learning from your mistakes and learning matchups, etc.

Well since I'm not a part of the community, I can john all I want. I guess when I learn to teleport I'll stop johnning.
Debunked by my statement above. You may not be as active as you need/want to be, assuming you actually want to get better at smash and want to become active, but you are apart of this silly community simply by showing interest in being competitive and posting on these forums.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I meet new people at parties. Movies. Through other friends.

I forgot that all people have exactly the same social characteristics. And meet people the same way as every other person on the planet.
Silly me.
I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean.

Are you saying you don't share anything in common with any Smash player? Seriously, I'm confused.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
he can't make friends at smash tournaments xfd
no wonder your mom doesn't want you to come home for spring break lmao

SleepyK

umby stop stealing my posts

you didn't even insult him.

btw are you limiting your practice to 15-30 mins?
are you practicing with the star **** and ice ******s?

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Why are you guys being so nice to each other? This the only thread where you can freely flame each other without any consequences. Tong has the right idea. Oh and John, don't be afraid to throw in the words dumb *** or ******.

SleepyK

i feel that if i have to resort to those words

i'm talking to an ape.

oh wait.

Umby

Smash Master
umby stop stealing my posts

you didn't even insult him.
My bad. :(

Umm....

GOD! WOULD PROBABLY MAKE A GREAT TEAMS PARTNER BECAUSE HE WAS WORKING ALL WEEKEND ON KEEPING HIS FRIEND FROM SDING INSTEAD OF GOING TO POUND 4 LOLOLOLOL

Wait, that's not an insult...

Sleepy, when is your next class? :(

GOD!

Smash Ace
I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean.

Are you saying you don't share anything in common with any Smash player? Seriously, I'm confused.
Maybe I'm wrong and would have had a great time.
Having something in common is only part of meeting people. Like you or sleepyk. We all play smash, but that doesn't make a friendship.
One reason I'm hesitant to go to a big tourney is the culture though. All these stories and talk about getting wasted and w/e people do these days is stupid. Idk if I even want to be around that if its held as such a fun thing to do.

Next massive tournament, I'll go to if I have $.

@ umby. It wasn't an argument, I just said my weekend was way better than pound could have been. It's not my job to explain why.. and the other part of my training is def videos. I actually know how to watch them now. I used to practice combos on CPUs but I don't now, cause I realize that screws me up.

I obviously want to get better, otherwise I would have moved on with my life.

GOD!

Smash Ace
he can't make friends at smash tournaments xfd
no wonder your mom doesn't want you to come home for spring break lmao
GOD! WOULD PROBABLY MAKE A GREAT TEAMS PARTNER BECAUSE HE WAS WORKING ALL WEEKEND ON KEEPING HIS FRIEND FROM SDING INSTEAD OF GOING TO POUND 4 LOLOLOLOL
Wow. My mom has anger management problems and my friend is depressed. Let's joke about it.

And I don't use stars when I practice. I used to but isn't it like the same stun? W/e. And I usually play fox for like 10 minutes, get bored, go to mario or falco or something, and then quit of boredom after like 30 mins.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm wrong and would have had a great time.
Having something in common is only part of meeting people. Like you or sleepyk. We all play smash, but that doesn't make a friendship.
One reason I'm hesitant to go to a big tourney is the culture though. All these stories and talk about getting wasted and w/e people do these days is stupid. Idk if I even want to be around that if its held as such a fun thing to do.
LOL about people getting wasted; you're in college, sir. At least, I'm pretty sure you are.

I've never been drunk in my life, nor do I endorse it.

LOL I have nothing in common with most of my Smash friends besides that: we play Smash Brothers. Only people I really hang out with outside of the game (that I met through it) are BigLou and BBQ (both not by choice, they're just the closest ones near me :p)

SleepyK

1) you have a barebones understanding of massive tournaments. you should not be talking about it amirite
2) all this talk? this is more barebones. you should not be talking about this. generally it's under 10% of the smashers that get drunk if at all. unless you're tec0 LOLOLOLOLOLOL
3) lol
4) just videos aren't enough, though.

lol are you trolling or smth here?

Wow. My mom has anger management problems and my friend is depressed. Let's joke about it.

And I don't use stars when I practice. I used to but isn't it like the same stun? W/e. And I usually play fox for like 10 minutes, get bored, go to mario or falco or something, and then quit of boredom after like 30 mins.
5) ya this time it was a response to an argument and you didn't provide all info stop trying this tactic it makes you look like a butt
6) umby was clearly not serious in the slightest
7) do not switch to mario or falco i told you about this. stars are shieldstun. the stun is not the same. i also mentioned this

Top Bottom