• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
He uses techno clips from newgrounds submissions.

He also uses rap songs i know, but it depends in the combo from what i've seen (break yo neck by busta rhymes when DK is u-air'ing fastfallers constantly)

I like how you seem to be basing my opinion of techno not because of what i said but because of the genre in a full. I'm saying to use techno because they tend to have longer songs, easier to make pretty nice quality CVs, etc.

Don't bring those melee CVs in here. ****'s fast paced, you can use anything in those.

two points of logic

1) SFIV came before Blazblue, zangief is busted in SFIV, tager has 360's and 720's, so he must be good in blazblue too.

2) Tager can kill bursted characters with (practically) one 720, he MUST be good.
real soviet damage or whatever the ****

@milesG2G - i'm personally going to have a smash training session at my house. Maybe i'll make a random wifi tournament we can all enter or something? Not effective i know, but fun regardless.
1) No, i'm trying to say let him use whatever music he wants. You seem to be really pushing for "tech no" for some reason. Who cares if the music isn't "good for combo videos" if he likes it? Don't bring that melee combo videos in here either. ****'s fast paced, but the general opinion of the smash community dictates what music you can and cannot use regardless of the footage. look at GAWes' Atlanta Falcon 2. beast video, I liked the music but a lot of people didn't, and it doesn't have that many views. point being, it's just as easy to use other songs as it is "tech no" because other genres of music have higher bpms and longer tracks. why not advise him to use jungle, house, or drum n' bass?

2) You best be trolling about tager.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339

hey guys i'm going to make assumptions about a game i don't play at a tournament level and completely disregard everything the community and japanese community have to say about the game especially those who decide the tier list i mean it's not like they're any good at the game they're only the best in the world/country right lolol my opinions are great hahaha i am jamaal i win tournaments in blazblue

Purple

Hi guys!
1) No, i'm trying to say let him use whatever music he wants. You seem to be really pushing for "tech no" for some reason. Who cares if the music isn't "good for combo videos" if he likes it? Don't bring that melee combo videos in here either. ****'s fast paced, but the general opinion of the smash community dictates what music you can and cannot use regardless of the footage. look at GAWes' Atlanta Falcon 2. beast video, I liked the music but a lot of people didn't, and it doesn't have that many views. point being, it's just as easy to use other songs as it is "tech no" because other genres of music have higher bpms and longer tracks. why not advise him to use jungle, house, or drum n' bass?

2) You best be trolling about tager.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339

hey guys i'm going to make assumptions about a game i don't play at a tournament level and completely disregard everything the community and japanese community have to say about the game especially those who decide the tier list i mean it's not like they're any good at the game they're only the best in the world/country right lolol my opinions are great hahaha i am jamaal i win tournaments in blazblue
1) i used a generic genre. I could have said trip hop, acid punk, drum n bass, indie, acid rap, death metal, krump, etc. Or i could just use rap, rock, and alternative to group that whole base of music together, you really didn't need to start an arguement because of my opinion. all i was really trying to say was.

w/ techno tracks being long and flowing.
that's it, if you have any other genre that's long and flowing for a long *** combo video, then what does it matter to me if you didn't use techno? I really couldn't care less, in fact, i congratulate the originality.

2) I am more (or a tad lesser when it comes to melee) knowledged in games like blazblue and sfiv than a pretty decent deal of the ga smash community. I capitalized MUST to show my sarcasm in the message, but you clearly didn't get it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
or maybe u got trolled jamaal

i mean

it must be the case

cuz this is the georgia flame thread obv

<3 :012:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
what has the melee turnout at these been like recently? i havent really been to waba since TO5.

also is the monthly the weekend after pound 4?
Come to the waba combo breaker on the 23rd. It should have a good attendance for melee.

SleepyK

1) i used a generic genre. I could have said trip hop, acid punk, drum n bass, indie, acid rap, death metal, krump, etc. Or i could just use rap, rock, and alternative to group that whole base of music together, you really didn't need to start an arguement because of my opinion. all i was really trying to say was.

that's it, if you have any other genre that's long and flowing for a long *** combo video, then what does it matter to me if you didn't use techno? I really couldn't care less, in fact, i congratulate the originality.

2) I am more (or a tad lesser when it comes to melee) knowledged in games like blazblue and sfiv than a pretty decent deal of the ga smash community. I capitalized MUST to show my sarcasm in the message, but you clearly didn't get it.
welcome to the south

1) then stop posting like that's his best option when it isn't. A nice little "In my opinion, "tech no" is a good choice..." in your original post would have been a better option instead of posting an outline for a brawl combo video that you came up with. When did you become professor brawl videos? are you going to grade his video according to how well it followed your outline? you state your tips like facts. here's a hint: they aren't facts.

2) yes, clearly, capitalizing the second must is a strong implication of sarcasm. especially when you list two things using the same sentence.

hey guys i am going to make mostly serious points then throw in a capitalization

did you get my joek

also how stupid looking is jamaal's signature?
it just says his name, so it must be stupid.
it actually says peataus and rvasru, so it MUST be stupid.

Purple

Hi guys!
welcome to the south

1) then stop posting like that's his best option when it isn't. A nice little "In my opinion, "tech no" is a good choice..." in your original post would have been a better option instead of posting an outline for a brawl combo video that you came up with. When did you become professor brawl videos? are you going to grade his video according to how well it followed your outline? you state your tips like facts. here's a hint: they aren't facts.

2) yes, clearly, capitalizing the second must is a strong implication of sarcasm. especially when you list two things using the same sentence.

hey guys i am going to make mostly serious points then throw in a capitalization

did you get my joek

also how stupid looking is jamaal's signature?
it just says his name, so it must be stupid.
it actually says peataus and rvasru, so it MUST be stupid.
* - sleepy k raging
* - sleepy k ignoring
1) *MAN I GOTTA RAGE ON SOME TECH-NO* Find a nice techno song (nothing against rap, but usually techno songs are longer than rap songs. The generic rap song is about two and a half minutes, while songs like sandstorm are like, eight and a half and you can cut it short. In short, rap usually is not good combo video material. If you do find a long enough song that's rap, then use it if you'd like).

2) my reasons for tager being good didn't even make sense. why wouldn't i be trolling.

everyone in brawl has jab resets, THIS GAME IS BALANCED OBV :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012:

SleepyK

* - sleepy k raging
* - sleepy k ignoring
1) *MAN I GOTTA RAGE ON SOME TECH-NO* Find a nice techno song (nothing against rap, but usually techno songs are longer than rap songs. The generic rap song is about two and a half minutes, while songs like sandstorm are like, eight and a half and you can cut it short. In short, rap usually is not good combo video material. If you do find a long enough song that's rap, then use it if you'd like).

2) my reasons for tager being good didn't even make sense. why wouldn't i be trolling.

everyone in brawl has jab resets, THIS GAME IS BALANCED OBV :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012:
when did i rage on techno
gj creating subtext where it didn't exist

you can just use multiple songs. why is that a problem again? the point of a combo video isn't to showcase the music, it's to showcase the player. in this sense, it would make sense for the player to use music that represented them.

please don't, once again,
*jamaal ignoring*
state
your
opinion
on
combo
videos
it
is
fact
when
it
is
not
*jamaal ignoring*

not to mention songs like sandstorm are 3 minutes of buildup, 2 minutes of song, then 2 minutes of fading out. great, awesome. i want to listen to this during a combo video. 1 drum beat for 20-30 seconds, then the introduction of an instrument every 20-30 seconds? great for combo videos!

granted you chose the most generic "tech no" song ever so that was probably a bad example.

please try to understand my main point, which is let him pick his own god ****ed music. just because you like "tech no" in combo videos doesn't automatically make it the best choice.

oh wait, i forgot, you're professor brawl videos, so you MUST be right.

and my b on missing the tager joke, i assumed you didn't know anything about blazblue.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
this is hopefully going to be a great turn out for melee im hyped =D!!!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i'll be there on the 23rd

also hoping someone will bring a tri-wing so viet can:

a: get his melee disc out of his wii that has a fried DVD reader
b: unjam his shield trigger button on his GCN controller
c: solve the mystery of the emblem

DRN

Smash Lord
Im buying a luigi hat off of ebay. I hope it turns out as cool as the pics look

LOOK OUT!
I see you couldn't compete with my turtle hat so u decided to get yourself a special hat

:squirtle: vs :luigi2:

Anyway anything happening on Saturday, anywhere?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I see you couldn't compete with my turtle hat so u decided to get yourself a special hat

:squirtle: vs :luigi2:

Anyway anything happening on Saturday, anywhere?
I am going to purchase a wario hat. I saw two. one that looked like yours and one that looked baseball hat style. still dont know which one to get, but you better add me to the match

:squirtle: Vs :luigi2: Vs :wario:

Does anyone know what program Waba uses for their tournament brackets?
Tio

Umby

Smash Master
I am going to purchase a wario hat. I saw two. one that looked like yours and one that looked baseball hat style. still dont know which one to get, but you better add me to the match

o
Doesn't work that way. If Turtl was bald, he'd look like a Squirtle. If Lounis became more Pringles, he'd look like Luigi.

If you got a Wario cap, you'd look like a gay traffic officer.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Doesn't work that way. If Turtl was bald, he'd look like a Squirtle. If Lounis became more Pringles, he'd look like Luigi.

If you got a Wario cap, you'd look like a gay traffic officer.
Well thanks for being honest at least. :urg:

Player-1

Smash Legend

Tio
Diddy hat so it'd be:

:squirtle: Vs :luigi2: Vs :wario: Vs :diddy:

oh wait I don't need a hat, I'll just get a banana

:squirtle: Vs :luigi2: Vs :wario: Vs

Player-3

Smash Hero
Why are you even making a brawl video?
That game's only good for taking deluded high schooler money

I used to think it was a joke until one day while mming zomb tong tried to steal my dollar off the table

Purple

Hi guys!
when did i rage on techno
gj creating subtext where it didn't exist

you can just use multiple songs. why is that a problem again? the point of a combo video isn't to showcase the music, it's to showcase the player. in this sense, it would make sense for the player to use music that represented them.

please don't, once again,
*jamaal ignoring*
state
your
opinion
on
combo
videos
it
is
fact
when
it
is
not
*jamaal ignoring*

not to mention songs like sandstorm are 3 minutes of buildup, 2 minutes of song, then 2 minutes of fading out. great, awesome. i want to listen to this during a combo video. 1 drum beat for 20-30 seconds, then the introduction of an instrument every 20-30 seconds? great for combo videos!

granted you chose the most generic "tech no" song ever so that was probably a bad example.

please try to understand my main point, which is let him pick his own god ****ed music. just because you like "tech no" in combo videos doesn't automatically make it the best choice.

oh wait, i forgot, you're professor brawl videos, so you MUST be right.

and my b on missing the tager joke, i assumed you didn't know anything about blazblue.
/troll

. .

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think i look a bit like wario.
minus the mustache.

im like... not skinny and im a total ***.
and mexican.
i always thought wario was mexican.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
attention:
when/if Yiff gets his license, no one drive with him.

I had a dream last night that I was at a tourney, and I forgot something at my house, so Yiff offered me a quick ride home. We drove through all the red lights and we were going like 100 mph. We also caused about 50 car accidents and barely escaped the ****.

DRN

Smash Lord
Anyone wanna pick me up from Waba and go to Atl Revival?

They can wear my turtle hat ;D

Top Bottom