• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i'm just saying, i think it's tacky to have a lot of different songs, it ruins what flow you created by changing the pace, i'm just saying techno has long songs that would fulfill a 9 minute combo video. ****, use rock, rap, or whatever if you want. but what rap song is nine minutes long? the closest i've heard is dance with the devil by immortal technique, which is 6 or 7 minutes, no where NEAR combo video worthy though (good song i will admit)
Lounis picked out Holy Thunderforce and I Would Do Anything For Love for his combo video and both songs work really well.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yeah Milesg2g, combo videos take forever to load, and take alot of time to do. I recommend you make it in Sony Vegas, it's a very good program when used correctly. Also, if you're have multiple people doing combos, use well readable text for everyone and make it consistent.. A good example of this would be the hawaiian [sp] combo video with darkmusician, WAR, and a few others.

Look for good combos, quick and to the point, don't look for two hit combos where it's like, (ike forward air, ike down air, LOLOL SO GEWD) but don't look for combos that require alot of stalling and patience (basically don't look for combos that show the true essence of brawl, a great example of this is biglou's luigi, he's constantly on you, when he gets good reads, regardless of it being a combo and him taking a hit or two, it looks really good. You wouldn't want desu MK since it's all about poking and spacing, really boring to watch, and even though he didn't get hit, it's not entertaining).

Look for unique stuff, everyone knows about ness's b-throw kill, but what about pk - fire in the air, and while they're getting hit, hitting them with the pk-thunder recovery (where ness blasts off or whatever). It's original and cool. Get about 6 minutes of that, and try not to repeat the same combo constantly.

Find a nice techno song (nothing against rap, but usually techno songs are longer than rap songs. The generic rap song is about two and a half minutes, while songs like sandstorm are like, eight and a half and you can cut it short. In short, rap usually is not good combo video material. If you do find a long enough song that's rap, then use it if you'd like).

Also i'm curious, are you and JuilianG2G related? Or just in the same crew? I haven't seen flea in forever, what's his wifi?

Make sure to do all of that next time :). I should be able to get you some combos now that i have my wii :D

Yeah well, the thing w/ me and quality is, It has to be PERFECT!
It's just that I promised that cv to everyone @ GoombaVids so They were ready for it. The Quality of the original Vid was like superb lol. But unfortunately I'm low tier in everything I do. (Mains,Internet connection,Video Editors, -_- you get the point lol) The double sped up combos were from the editor. With Adobe Premiere I couldve adjusted it, so it wasn't doubled more like 1/4 faster or something? The text wasn't readable because of the quality downsizing just to upload. Sorry about that.

As far as combo's go I didn't put myself in this one all too much I just felt like letting others shine, as well as I wanted to see how i could make their char stand out more w/ effects. (Hint hint the sonic in double speed was pretty cool)

Like I said before I hope to have a new editor available to me via school or just DL'ing the cracked version of Premiere CS4.(Which will suck because this cpu has like 3.mb's of Ram XD) I was taught how to use Premiere so cs4 pro would be like overkill in quality.

Also, Me and Juliang2g are brothers lol
I main Ness he mains Lucas.
I stopped attending waba when I got hired like the very next day after showing up to the first waba lol. So that sorta got in the way.
As far as Flea he has a job as well lol. He throws Smashfests @ his House every now and then so yeah. But I plan on doing a waba CV after I cop some Airmax lmao (Clothes are always more important to me) and get a new editor where I can fix speed duration.
srry for the long write lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
What's the point in making a combo video for Luigi? Luigi is so broken that you can look up any random luigi wifi friendlies on youtube and it'd be a combo video itself.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah, I can find a 0-death in nearly all of Lounis's vids. It makes it easy to find clips. It's still really entertaining though.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Luigi looks better in montages or colab CV's imo.
His combo's are starting to get outdated =/.
I can't watch like a entire CV on just him it gets kinda boring.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've not really been in there but maybe once.

Is it as bad as South Carolina? Sounds like it is, just with more people.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
u know there is truth in that quoted post

no other game has me banning stages for a set

if we consider 1 ban per player, in a singles tournament with 64 people tourney, that would probably be more than the amount of times the word "ban" would come up on Dustloop or SRK.

You know why?

because the word is too **** short.

like azn short

obv :012:

Purple

Hi guys!
Why are you guys bashing me about what i said? You can't seriously say that that music didn't get bothersome after a while.

and hey, RockCrock used techno of sorts in his video, got 1st place too.

Purple

Hi guys!
double post for importance, if you guys like this game, it doesn't matter how much different it is than any other. If there's bans, be proud of those bans and know why it's banned, street fighter bans things, soul calibur has banned as well as patched things, that game was broke as ****. even mvc2 has banned things! Sure we use it more than any other community, but we make sense of it to. A lot of the stages are banned because they are too random, i mean TOO random. items are banned because they are random as well. You don't see random shotguns coming out in tekken that extend your attacks and such.

Stop hating on the fact we're ban happy. ****.

Puyo puyo is competitive even though its really just whoever chains before the other and ****s them up, that's extra stupid, but they want it competitive because it's fun, get over it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
if so why is it not posted to the source of this discontent?

instead of the less fiery...flame thread.

obv i've rekindled the fire that blazes in our hearts for this very moment that will bring the georgia flame thread through heavens unto the stars and moons

Purple

Hi guys!
please stop quoting gurren lagan, or whatever the ****, except putting georgia in for most of the words.

going to my last class you guys, i'll be back around 10 for some wifi-lag-induced friendlies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
im guessing jamaal finally took sufficient salt despite so long ago saying he has never quite been salty

*thumbs* :011:

Purple

Hi guys!
im guessing jamaal finally took sufficient salt despite so long ago saying he has never quite been salty

*thumbs* :011:

what.

no matter how smart you're trying to sound, you never truely seem to make sense. Your words seem to turn into calculus equations while i'm reading them.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
jamaal has high expectations for me as he attempts to justify my post as attempts to sound smart

i am touched :010:

in reality all i want to do is swing my sword and ride on ice cars

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wifi was full of laughs until teams started to screw us over with the disconnecting. I honestly think battle field was making us disconnect. Oh well its free.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i'm just saying, i think it's tacky to have a lot of different songs, it ruins what flow you created by changing the pace, i'm just saying techno has long songs that would fulfill a 9 minute combo video. ****, use rock, rap, or whatever if you want. but what rap song is nine minutes long? the closest i've heard is dance with the devil by immortal technique, which is 6 or 7 minutes, no where NEAR combo video worthy though (good song i will admit)
all of phanna's vids must suck then, right? he just cycles through short clips of songs so there's NO FLOW SO THEY SUCK OLOLOLOLOL

SO YOU SHOULD JUST USE TECH-NO LOLOLOLOL

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Jamal has a point w/ techno tracks being long and flowing.
but they also get tiring.
but enough about CV ****.
what's good for this weekend yo?

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
OH NOES BAD Bad thoughts of what that hat can do. 1-up boost of ownage =(

Purple

Hi guys!
all of phanna's vids must suck then, right? he just cycles through short clips of songs so there's NO FLOW SO THEY SUCK OLOLOLOLOL

SO YOU SHOULD JUST USE TECH-NO LOLOLOLOL
He uses techno clips from newgrounds submissions.

He also uses rap songs i know, but it depends in the combo from what i've seen (break yo neck by busta rhymes when DK is u-air'ing fastfallers constantly)

I like how you seem to be basing my opinion of techno not because of what i said but because of the genre in a full. I'm saying to use techno because they tend to have longer songs, easier to make pretty nice quality CVs, etc.

Don't bring those melee CVs in here. ****'s fast paced, you can use anything in those.

...ok, seriously, why do so many people in GA like Tager? he SUCKS!!! HORRIBLY!!!
two points of logic

1) SFIV came before Blazblue, zangief is busted in SFIV, tager has 360's and 720's, so he must be good in blazblue too.

2) Tager can kill bursted characters with (practically) one 720, he MUST be good.
real soviet damage or whatever the ****

@milesG2G - i'm personally going to have a smash training session at my house. Maybe i'll make a random wifi tournament we can all enter or something? Not effective i know, but fun regardless.

Purple

Hi guys!
Wifi was full of laughs until teams started to screw us over with the disconnecting. I honestly think battle field was making us disconnect. Oh well its free.
they were quite fun. i thoroughly enjoyed myself. I ended up playing with umby later that morning.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
He uses techno clips from newgrounds submissions.

He also uses rap songs i know, but it depends in the combo from what i've seen (break yo neck by busta rhymes when DK is u-air'ing fastfallers constantly)

I like how you seem to be basing my opinion of techno not because of what i said but because of the genre in a full. I'm saying to use techno because they tend to have longer songs, easier to make pretty nice quality CVs, etc.

Don't bring those melee CVs in here. ****'s fast paced, you can use anything in those.

two points of logic

1) SFIV came before Blazblue, zangief is busted in SFIV, tager has 360's and 720's, so he must be good in blazblue too.

2) Tager can kill bursted characters with (practically) one 720, he MUST be good.
real soviet damage or whatever the ****

@milesG2G - i'm personally going to have a smash training session at my house. Maybe i'll make a random wifi tournament we can all enter or something? Not effective i know, but fun regardless.

I guess.

Me and Flea are gonna try to hit up Waba this weekend for dubz.

Purple

Hi guys!
Good stuff, i need to play you guys, you think you all will be there after 10pm? I have work that day :(

also, we should play wifi tonight after i get out of school.

Top Bottom