• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
oh? correction.

Everyone forgets Tipman.

heh.

also wat @ you calling spectre by his real name(if true). get out lol
I'm pretty sure Jeff is his name. At least, judging from all the WC videos of him I've seen playing, and the context of the commentary.

Although I didn't know she was on a first-name basis with him >.>

@NES Noob: Yeah, I'm not giving up on Ganondorf.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Jeff is silentspectre. Are we only talking about national attention/rep? Either way Ganon players get national recognition. Mike G no one forgets Silentspectre. lol NO ONE. When people list an example of great Falcons, he is included more than hax and scar are.

Tipman was not included cause he just started playing again at least I think?

I am the basic of basic basics.

tubes

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if RJ doesn't touch a gamecube controller all week but magically is able to waveshine this weekend. As long as he's on that bonk setup...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
OK thanks for the clarification, n00b, Rayku

Anyone who forgets you guys should be kneed to the face :bee:

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
I hit someone with the Osbourne today in a friendly. It was sweet.

@BBQ: Not picking up melee. Lol I don't have the time/patience, sorry mate.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*******, GA is an actual location. Desu lives there.

Unless you don't live there and just want to be cute, then w/e >___>

Taosty, vid match me, son! LOL

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
@ ArtDude: I wish I was mean enough to turn that into a Brawl joke, because you so set yourself up for one...

Albino...play more people who are slightly better than you so that you become more comfortable with your character. Playing against people leagues better than you IS good but at your level it can be nerve wracking and overwhelming. Ultimately, it's counterproductive.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
@ ArtDude: I wish I was mean enough to turn that into a Brawl joke, because you so set yourself up for one...

Albino...play more people who are slightly better than you so that you become more comfortable with your character. Playing against people leagues better than you IS good but at your level it can be nerve wracking and overwhelming. Ultimately, it's counterproductive.
Yeah getting double 4stocked by xif was kind of nerve wracking i suppose. Getting 2stocks off sleepyk was stupid because I didn't deserve them at all. I guess I'll start playing p-3 unless he actually did drop falco for falcon again. I still really need tips on how to approach the falco matchup with doc. I don't have the correct mindset going in. I try too many different things, and none of them work and I just end up getting combo'd and edge guarded.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if RJ doesn't touch a gamecube controller all week but magically is able to waveshine this weekend. As long as he's on that bonk setup...
WHOEVER OWNS THAT WII

BRING IT THIS WEEKEND
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BRING IT

that wii works wonders on my fox tech skill

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hmm, I should be offended by this somehow. But I've learned to ignore most of what Rayku says both offline and in real life, at most I just nod in acknowledgment to whatever he said.
Sorry I'm trying to legitimately complain about your elitist friends in the Brawl+ backroom.

Also, it doesn't appear to me that you care about Melee, so excuse me if I'm wrong.

DRN

Smash Lord
veitg dieno trutle 1p please explain to me the point of taking the barline if you're not going to enter the melee tournament the one time a month you are there
Cause i came w/ 16$ and my debit card. I would have entered if they took debit cards for entry but no excuses i guess.

Because they just want to think that they're something at Melee, and that's what the Barline represents to them.

They don't care about Melee.
Uhh no, i would love to get into melee if i had someone to play with. Dyno doesnt count cause he never wants to hang out. I probably would never get really good at it but its definitely a fun game to play.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I do live in *******.

That post was random 100%
Just kinda one of those things where you just say it without thinking
Lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
Alby ill still play falco but im going to work like 98% on falcon

Gonna beat the basic basics of basicly just basic basics

tubes

Smash Ace
Cause i came w/ 16$ and my debit card. I would have entered if they took debit cards for entry but no excuses i guess.

Uhh no, i would love to get into melee if i had someone to play with. Dyno doesnt count cause he never wants to hang out. I probably would never get really good at it but its definitely a fun game to play.
The king of Sandy Springs says no johns!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
veitg dieno trutle 1p please explain to me the point of taking the barline if you're not going to enter the melee tournament the one time a month you are there
i personally wanted to take the bar line challenge because turtl and i have been playing melee a little and have improved a little. i wanted to compare myself to people who have general experience of the game. i play smash bros and love it. I just want to be good at all of them, not equally good but still **** scrubs that walk up to me on the streets and say " link sucks in ssb64, samus sucks in melee, wario sucks in brawl" today a kid sais to my friend " why are you playing kirby in brawl? he SUCKS!" i look to my friend and shake my head. i would like to improve my melee game but not for tourney play just because i enjoy brawl better on a competitive aspect because melee has already been mastered, so i see no point. but mms and friendlies will be really fun to do and i will do them just because i love smashbros so much.

Lol **** I got last...I need to play more matches against people or just drop pit lol. I might start being gay and go mk or snake
you cant just go mk and win. people think you can but no.. if you play mk just to win its kinda obvious through watching you play, you will be doing many things over and over again not having a backup strategy to go to and just abuse the 'good' moves mk has.

what are you talking about? You ask to hang out every other weekend if not more and i always say no but always end up doing something, no credit for my attendance, no love </3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
would "not big as it originally was" work?
No.

...okay so I originally was just going to say that...and then I just kept typing.

Read if you feel like.
You're missing the point...but it's pretty hard to really show that to you.

One of those "you just have to find out for yourself."

Unfortunately, that takes time and effort.

But consider this [as far as you thinking you'll "never get good"...I'm not taking that too literally since you're speaking in generalities, but humor me for a second]:

Chances are pretty good that if you're playing ANY Smash game competitively, Brawl in your case, a year or two down the line, you will still be playing.

Correct? [hah, well whether you think so or not, I'm pretty **** sure you will be...you've already been sucked in XD]

If you're unconfident about your potential in Melee to become a "worthy contender," then consider this: People like Dr. Peepee who have been playing for 2 years and are already considered "pro" are anomalies.

But at the absolute least, look at me? If you subtract my time spent playing Brawl heavily, I only have a year and a half of Melee under my belt, and I can definitely hang with GA's finest [lol, beating all of them is a different story, but I'm no scrub.]

Also...you're playing Brawl.

There are a lot of pros out there. While you get better at Brawl, they're also getting better and solidifying their dominance. It'd be the same thing as if you were playing Melee [okay okay that's kinda misleading since there are way more high-level Melee players than there are high level Brawl players]. By your logic, there's some similar degree of "pointlessness" to you continuing to play Brawl.

Don't give up. And don't make bull**** excuses for yourself.

Top Bottom