• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Hmm, I should be offended by this somehow. But I've learned to ignore most of what Rayku says both offline and in real life, at most I just nod in acknowledgment to whatever he said.

I didn't feel like donating to the pot this month Sleepy. Not good enough reason? Eh, whatever.
Yeah back in 07 when i was learning how to play i only traveled out of state because i wanted to see what florida was like. I only entered a tournament with Forward and DaShizWiz in it because I wanted to donate to the pot, not because i wanted to improve and get experience.

Cause i came w/ 16$ and my debit card. I would have entered if they took debit cards for entry but no excuses i guess.

Uhh no, i would love to get into melee if i had someone to play with. Dyno doesnt count cause he never wants to hang out. I probably would never get really good at it but its definitely a fun game to play.
Money johns are somewhat legit. there were a few ATMs around though.
what do you mean never get good at it?
everyone sucked at the start.

i would like to improve my melee game but not for tourney play just because i enjoy brawl better on a competitive aspect because melee has already been mastered, so i see no point. but mms and friendlies will be really fun to do
you're completely wrong. not even ssb64 has been mastered. i've yet to see a competitive game that has been "mastered" because there are always new strategies being developed.
what's the point in improving your melee game if you're just going to play brawl?
you honestly think a random scrub would say OH I OWNED IN MELEE
they'll clearly be playing brawl at this point.
if you don't like the competitive aspect then why the hell did you bother to learn anything about the game that involves competing?
money matches are competitive. they're fun.. but tournaments (where you put money on the line and play someone) aren't?
what do you do in money matches again?
oh yeah
put money on the line
then play someone

ololololololololoo

i guess if you want to take the barline every month and not enter the tournament just give me $1 and be done with it, since you clearly don't want to improve or compete in it

oh, so the john is now "it's not as big"

what toasty said.

i'm pretty tired of hearing the following johns
"I'll never get good"
"I'm too far behind"
"It's not fun competitively" - i've only heard this once, and it was a few minutes ago

because
1) you sucked at brawl, you might still suck at brawl, but you improved
2) look at players like Dr. Pee Pee. 2007 and now he's one of the top falcos, beating players who have been around for a lot longer than he has. or hungry box. it takes time and dedication but so does brawl.
3) eat a dyiiiick nugguh

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
My head almost exploded when I saw someone post
"I don't have the time/patience for melee"

...Brawl metagame consists of WHAT???
I'm almost too angry to post clearly and concisely, so I'll just say this:
Many of you aspiring brawlers WILL NEVER beat Reflex/Lounis/Calvin. Let alone the players out there who are better than they are, unless you have the heart of a champion-
And that means practicing
Going to tournaments and entering to get better
Playing people better than you
And not stopping.

There are financial investments as well- it costs money to travel, to enter, to eat and drink while you're there-

Attaining "greatness" at something is never easy nor free.
You have to want it more and train and play harder than those who are already above you in order to close that gap.

So in conclusion- no matter whether you're interest is melee or brawl, don't make johns about "catching up" to the metagame or exisiting players- just decide how badly you want it and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

God****.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Sooner than later, I'm going to be the best Marth in GA.

And then the South.

Watch your ***, Mike.

Cuz I'ma stick my **** in it, shawdy.

<3
Good lord, bring it on.
I've waited SO long for someone to actually stand up and challenge me for the reputation of "Best Marth in GA/the South"

I'll make you my apprentice, so you can later turn on me and I'll say some **** like
"If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"

=D

SleepyK

sadly i can't compete
mike and i only make love when we swing our swords

milesg2g

Smash Champion
i just told you, lol.
he's on the previous page as "flee"
if you're too lazy he got 13th.

also brookwood sucks.
i went there.
it sucked

Thanks for assisting my laziness
and yeah brookwood does suck. it sucks balls
I'm only here to graduate I got in too much trouble @ South Gwinnett so yeah =/
Flea still goes there though

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yeah back in 07 when i was learning how to play i only traveled out of state because i wanted to see what florida was like. I only entered a tournament with Forward and DaShizWiz in it because I wanted to donate to the pot, not because i wanted to improve and get experience.

Money johns are somewhat legit. there were a few ATMs around though.
what do you mean never get good at it?
everyone sucked at the start.

you're completely wrong. not even ssb64 has been mastered. i've yet to see a competitive game that has been "mastered" because there are always new strategies being developed.
what's the point in improving your melee game if you're just going to play brawl?
you honestly think a random scrub would say OH I OWNED IN MELEE
they'll clearly be playing brawl at this point.
if you don't like the competitive aspect then why the hell did you bother to learn anything about the game that involves competing?
money matches are competitive. they're fun.. but tournaments (where you put money on the line and play someone) aren't?
what do you do in money matches again?
oh yeah
put money on the line
then play someone

ololololololololoo

i guess if you want to take the barline every month and not enter the tournament just give me $1 and be done with it, since you clearly don't want to improve or compete in it

oh, so the john is now "it's not as big"

what toasty said.

i'm pretty tired of hearing the following johns
"I'll never get good"
"I'm too far behind"
"It's not fun competitively" - i've only heard this once, and it was a few minutes ago

because
1) you sucked at brawl, you might still suck at brawl, but you improved
2) look at players like Dr. Pee Pee. 2007 and now he's one of the top falcos, beating players who have been around for a lot longer than he has. or hungry box. it takes time and dedication but so does brawl.
3) eat a dyiiiick nugguh
who said i dont want to improve in melee. i play melee just as much as i play brawl when i go to a friend's house. I enjoy both games equality, i just dont want to play melee commutatively. in money matches, you challenge the person you think you can beat and thats why you money match them. you are talking like i hate the game and am trying to find an excuse not to play it at all. the talk about not being able to beat reflex, biglou and kismet is disappointing and false imo. look at the results for this monthly. scatt did it and he is no different than any of us. he was not considered one of GA's 'good' smashers and he pulled through. and i never said that "im never going to get good, im too far far behind" i stated last page that i bar lined you because i DID get better and wanted to see how far ive come.

Purple

Hi guys!
woah

sheik is a ****ing man first off.

peach is a straight up woman.

anyone who likes sheik > peach has problems with themselves

(unless it's double princesses sheik, she's aight)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Good lord, bring it on.
I've waited SO long for someone to actually stand up and challenge me for the reputation of "Best Marth in GA/the South"

I'll make you my apprentice, so you can later turn on me and I'll say some **** like
"If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"

=D
lol, I was going to challenge you once I got good D:
I think I'm slowly working myself up.
But seriously, if you make Toasty your apprentice, then I would feel very left out :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Good lord, bring it on.
Hell yeah son. I'm actually hella determined to take you down. You don't even know.
I'll make you my apprentice, so you can later turn on me and I'll say some **** like "If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"

=D
LOL well let's just say I'ma turn your b!tcha.ss [sorry MikeG!] out so hard that you'll come out the other end lookin like '07-2king.
sadly i can't compete
mike and i only make love when we swing our swords
I wish I was eating right now so I could say that this made me spit Froot Loops everywhere.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I guess it makes no sense to play what you wanna play lol
I respect high-level play. I don't have a problem with Reflex, Kismet, Biglou -level play. It's fun to watch because the entirety of the match is just reads/predictions. Any level lower than that is very dull, unless it contains Osbourne's.

And sorry to those players I called "very dull". It's just really, really boring to watch/play at that level.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
We should all get into competitive mario party 4 in addition to smash
Luigi for God-Tier? LOL.

More like competitive Star Fox Assault Versus.
Oh, I wish. I wish. Landmaster is so fun. Wolf for Awesome Tier. I would still have that game if my friend wasn't all, "Oh, that was yours? I sold it, man." He traded it in to Play N Trade for about $5. They're selling it for 20 or so. I was all:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

If I still had it, I'd bring it to smashfests.
[Now that I think about it, anyone got a copy they want to sell meh?]

BigLøu

Smash Lord
LOL. Lounis has Mario Party down to an art. We gonna start banning certain items? The thing that steals stars, the thing that takes you to the star, we gonna do that? :D
Me and rayku have the entire ruleset made and everything in terms of playing the game for competition and are both top competitors in mario party 4. Jason maining yoshi in it though is really hindering him, as yoshi is 3rd to worst character in the game. We don't ban any items, just get good and prepare beforehand for a possible screw over.

All this is the only info i can leak on the metagame, everything else you have to become a member of the mario party 4 backroom, which is only me and jason so far.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, this thread has turned into some serious business, son. I'm just glad I play both Melee and Brawl, even though I start trying to wavedash and L-Cancel and I'm like "****, wrong game. Oh!" *DK Punch*- *Death*

DSamoan, sorry I didn't talk to you very much this time around. Good to see you there, though. Seriously. Didn't expect you there at all :D

Just trying to prove that I can make longer than 10 minute drives out of Kennesaw. =P Its alright though, places like Waba arent very good for me, because my voice isn't hardly loud enough to get above the background din unless I practically start shouting. But I expect to see you at BBQ's dorm on Friday after we get out of our classes. I need you guys to help me rise back above scrub level lol.

SleepyK

who said i dont want to improve in melee. i play melee just as much as i play brawl when i go to a friend's house. I enjoy both games equality, i just dont want to play melee commutatively. in money matches, you challenge the person you think you can beat and thats why you money match them. you are talking like i hate the game and am trying to find an excuse not to play it at all. the talk about not being able to beat reflex, biglou and kismet is disappointing and false imo. look at the results for this monthly. scatt did it and he is no different than any of us. he was not considered one of GA's 'good' smashers and he pulled through. and i never said that "im never going to get good, im too far far behind" i stated last page that i bar lined you because i DID get better and wanted to see how far ive come.
1) scatt's always been considered pretty good
ok dyno

hey guys, i'm going to start playing brawl. I want to get better at the tournament aspect of the game but there's no real point in improving in it so i'm not going to enter tournaments. I am going to do money matches against scrubs though.

yeah that makes.. sense?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
1) scatt's always been considered pretty good
ok dyno

hey guys, i'm going to start playing brawl. I want to get better at the tournament aspect of the game but there's no real point in improving in it so i'm not going to enter tournaments. I am going to do money matches against scrubs though.

yeah that makes.. sense?
that's a good way to make money LOL

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
So, I know this is going to sound random and off topic at a time like this, but do people actually go to the Waba Weeklies? Or are they just kinda for show and people just take the Monthly seriously?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
So, I know this is going to sound random and off topic at a time like this, but do people actually go to the Waba Weeklies? Or are they just kinda for show and people just take the Monthly seriously?
I actually would like to know the answer to this question as well. The Waba Weeklies would be the big reason for me to go to Waba every week, because I would know that I'd find people to play there. Without it, I find that it might be easier to arrange something at my house, especially if I offer free coffee.

Top Bottom