• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I have a rather large issue I'd like to bring to light about Brawl Seeding.
I asked Tim about this and apparently we seed by doubles performance....What? How does that even make sense?
If I don't have money to enter doubles, why the hell should I get a stacked bracket for it? Not that it's ever really happend, but still why?
Explain =S

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you don't automatically get a stacked bracket for not entering doubles.
other people just get easier brackets.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I should be attending the next monthly. So if anybody would like to set up some friendlies then (possible MMs, I may be still broke by then) let me know.

Also, hai .-.

SleepyK

veitg dieno trutle 1p please explain to me the point of taking the barline if you're not going to enter the melee tournament the one time a month you are there

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Melee, I've actually been wanting to get into that more but idk who I should main (plus I don't know any of the common ATs). Im stuck between Marth, CF and Falco.

I.E. I suckz

SleepyK

you pick whoever you enjoy playing the most. the common ATs are all over in the melee discussion boards but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask away in the social waba thread

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yeah this is social forum, who gives a ****
we're the atl south even our tournament videos are social forum

:/

and that's like asking people who knew me by red to not call me red. it's not going to happen for a while.

The video thing gave me a :confused: face too. The thread was actually ok after the virusmage bs lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
i hate marth

play cf in melee, he runs faster than sonic

and i think im picking falcon back up in melee instead of falco

i only got 2 stocked by softs peach on mute city, and i felt like i was playing good much better than my falco

Player-3

Smash Hero
GGs. I'm going to main Ganon, now. DTilt > SHFair = Sex.
NO
DONT DO IT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vietg said he didnt enter melee because he didnt bring the money/hes broke and only really went to pass the barline

p1 is a stupid scrub who thinks hes good

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Another new melee player dropping Falcon for some other character. :(

At least it wasn't a switch to some lame character, but to the manly Ganon. Still saddening though since I feel the trend will continue. Falcon can do dtilt to fair if it means anything....lol

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i hate marth

play cf in melee, he runs faster than sonic

and i think im picking falcon back up in melee instead of falco

i only got 2 stocked by softs peach on mute city, and i felt like i was playing good much better than my falco
how can you give up on falco so soon? you still have room for a lot of improvement.

Player-3

Smash Hero
how can you give up on falco so soon? you still have room for a lot of improvement.
i dunno

i started with falcon but i wasnt feeling it due to my horrid tech skill, so i picked up falco cuz all i had to do was dair and press jump and b

but now that ive been able to do all this crap i can actually pull off combos and techchasing and its so fun :D

Rayku

Smash Lord
veitg dieno trutle 1p please explain to me the point of taking the barline if you're not going to enter the melee tournament the one time a month you are there
Because they just want to think that they're something at Melee, and that's what the Barline represents to them.

They don't care about Melee. Dyno especially. Ask BBQ what Dyno said to him about Melee and why he doesn't want to pick it up.

@Player3: Another Falcon player. I'm excited.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Another new melee player dropping Falcon for some other character. :(

At least it wasn't a switch to some lame character, but to the manly Ganon. Still saddening though since I feel the trend will continue. Falcon can do dtilt to fair if it means anything....lol
we should team again.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i dunno

i started with falcon but i wasnt feeling it due to my horrid tech skill, so i picked up falco cuz all i had to do was dair and press jump and b

but now that ive been able to do all this crap i can actually pull off combos and techchasing and its so fun :D
heh, well I guess you're still learning. But you shouldn't pick up a character because of how easy the combos are. And I don't understand why you picked up Falco if you felt your tech skill was horrid, that just doesn't make sense, lol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i dont know either

but it worked for me

thats why my falco was so unorthodox i dont believe in doing stuff you cant do consistently lol so i just did what i could and worked on my reads and stuff

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
You guys have Darkrain and Jeff. What does Ganon have? He got nothin'. He got NOTHIN'.
Kage, Chaddd, and Linguini? More could be counted just like Falcon has more players, point is new people give up on Falcon when they realize how hard some matchups are to deal with as Falcon. I don't think new Ganon mains give up as easily from what I have seen.

nes noob im picking falcon back up
next time we meet im not going to get 4 stocked
Good. We will see next tourney in GA I go to whenever that is.

we should team again.
We will see when I go to the next tourney. You can hit me as Ganon just don't do it near the ledge where I will die. =(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh? correction.

Everyone forgets Tipman.

heh.

also wat @ you calling spectre by his real name(if true). get out lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Because they just want to think that they're something at Melee, and that's what the Barline represents to them.

They don't care about Melee.
Hmm, I should be offended by this somehow. But I've learned to ignore most of what Rayku says both offline and in real life, at most I just nod in acknowledgment to whatever he said.

I didn't feel like donating to the pot this month Sleepy. Not good enough reason? Eh, whatever.

Top Bottom