• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
We shouldn't be fighting the stage more then the player regardless of anything.

A little luck is tolerable, but when you push it too much it really becomes a problem.

Again I have seen these stages in use in tournies in many many states. Never have I seen so many lost matches due to pictochat and japes due to the player losing to the stage
You shouldn't fight the stage yes, but you can control it to be in your favor. back in the day where norfair use to be legal i would always counter pick it because i knew for the first minuet exactly what would happen and bait them into position. i worked with the stage to help me win. and the fact that marth could easily hit through the platforms above and not get punished :)

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
dude who cares just roll with it
are you seriously asking for someone to list out the ways they think you're a respectable player

BigLøu

Smash Lord
You cant control spikes in pictochat from appearing out of no where. You can't control the lava from hitting someone especially in norfair. Im pretty sure the lava isn't coming in a set pattern. In norfair you are doing nothing but constantly fighting the stage, theres barely any reason to approach your oppoent, let the stage shoot you down.

Jason ( Rayku) got absolutely mutilated by the stage in a tourney match in alabama. No amounts of skill could have saved him from getting hit by the lava against mk yo.

The cps we have listed you know exactly what will happen at all times, but still could give potential advantages to some characrters. (ddd on castle siege for instance)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
That was an old video. Ganon's metagame has evolved greatly once they discovered forward air, which was found late last year.

BBQ: I wish I could have a conversation with you without mentioning Ganondorf. It's really really aggravating to start talking and you just say "Because it's Ganondorf."
lol, it's only with Lounis. It makes it more fun.
All the bull **** I'm spewing all over smashboards is because it's hilarious, especially when people start agreeing with you.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
You cant control spikes in pictochat from appearing out of no where. You can't control the lava from hitting someone especially in norfair. Im pretty sure the lava isn't coming in a set pattern. In norfair you are doing nothing but constantly fighting the stage, theres barely any reason to approach your oppoent, let the stage shoot you down.

Jason ( Rayku) got absolutely mutilated by the stage in a tourney match in alabama. No amounts of skill could have saved him from getting hit by the lava against mk yo.

The cps we have listed you know exactly what will happen at all times, but still could give potential advantages to some characrters. (ddd on castle siege for instance)
you are right, the lava is not in a set order for the whole match. first minuet is tho, that can be enough to maintain the lead.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
shoutz

charizard - you terrify me
snake - not as scary as charizard
squirtle - why can't I kill you
ivysaur - lol you suck
honchkrow - squawk
THE OSBOURNE - greatest mindgame ever
billy's mom - is the best
thomas - i decided that iron tager would be fun in brawl
albino - thanks for the bacon
people from sc - where my hugs at :(

Rayku

Smash Lord
lol, it's only with Lounis. It makes it more fun.
All the bull **** I'm spewing all over smashboards is because it's hilarious, especially when people start agreeing with you.
Of course it's funny. But when I'm having day-to-day conversations with you and I ask a random school-related question, you're like "Because you play Ganondorf."

Gets old when I can't even talk to people anymore.

DSamoan, sorry I didn't talk to you very much this time around. Good to see you there, though. Seriously. Didn't expect you there at all :D

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
i got lucky.

bye
albino (lol)
merc suicides
evan
winners finals with fullmetal

Full Metal almost took me out first set of grand finals, I had to BS my way into a victory.

All I have to say is...

WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT MAN BIG LOU?! THAT MAN WAS LOOKING EXTRA GROSS WITH FOX
You're too kind, sir. The first set of GF coulda gone either way but who knows if it'd been the same second set? I coulda scrubbed out like I did in WF.

Still that hug after we played was SO worth it. =D
I'll get you next time GADGEEEEEEEEEEEEET

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hey guys I had fun this weekend.
My internet died the moment i got home to talk to everyone about the tourney and other stuff so yeah =/
Anyone know where flea placed? he was the TL that won 3rd @ AWA.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
other things i regret not happening
1) no pokemon tcg with dyno
2) a couple of the melee scrubs who take the barline don't enter the tournament.

HEY GUYS
WANT TO KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE?

enter the ****ed tournament

miles he's listed as "flee"

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
other things i regret not happening
1) no pokemon tcg with dyno
2) a couple of the melee scrubs who take the barline don't enter the tournament.

HEY GUYS
WANT TO KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE?

enter the ****ed tournament

miles he's listed as "flee"
this this this this this this this this this this this

also

I'm confused.

I played evan in winners semis, which is hardly outright "the same side"

actually, I played merc before I played evan in winners.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
oh
well I know him as Flea, I went to school with him last year but I just moved so I go to brookwood now. But yeah anyone know where he placed?

SleepyK

i just told you, lol.
he's on the previous page as "flee"
if you're too lazy he got 13th.

also brookwood sucks.
i went there.
it sucked

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Of course it's funny. But when I'm having day-to-day conversations with you and I ask a random school-related question, you're like "Because you play Ganondorf."

Gets old when I can't even talk to people anymore.

DSamoan, sorry I didn't talk to you very much this time around. Good to see you there, though. Seriously. Didn't expect you there at all :D
I definitely don't do that :/
If I do, and I don't catch myself, just tell me.

Purple

Hi guys!
i just sat down and plugged my controller in and played..i felt like i was playing horrible the whole tourny..even soft will agree with me..yeah i got third but i think it could of went either way with alot of the people i played..next time im winning though

and waba

learn how to seed correctl

chops,josh,fmtl, and merc on one side was pretty dumb compared to

xif,me,and rayku
lol @ pbnj telling waba to seed correctly.

You realized the melee tourney was ran by fullmetal and brawl was ran by me and desu practically the whole time right? waba just has the venue practically now (obviously it's still their tourney though) :laugh:

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Much obliged, mister. I hope I didn't make you sick with my coffee. You left the mug full on the table. I chugged it this morning. It was pretty good.
Oshi- forgot about that, XD. My chest was hurting and my head aching, but it was a dull throb until I drank that coffee, LOL. No biggz, though. I get a day off from school because I threw up this morning. Yay.

bigman40

Smash Master
AntiC is a ventriloquist.

My shoutouts:

Alby: Good to see ya again. Stop attacking dumbly in the air for melee. You get punished too easy for that.

VietG: Nice Roy and Marth. They were fun to play against, and **** that moment where my grab missed. That was some bull****.

Biglou: Wrecking people as always. Keep up the **** =D

Jamal: Salt all around XD. I had fun with our matches. Gave me some reason to actually enjoy melee.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i see that now..like i said after josh posted i was just pointing it out..o and dan is the man with the plan

so

"its my life..lets hang out"

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that finds lobelia's and yiff's whole conversation just now disgustingly homo-erotic?

just saying <_<;
OMG lolwut? I see no traces of homo-eroticism there at all. Aside from the talk about my chest hurting, and even that's just very very vague.

Side-Note:Alpha Gundam has the best Avatar ever.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that finds Yuna's and yiff's whole conversation just now disgustingly homo-erotic?

just saying <_<;
Xif, you really gotta stop projecting your fantasies on the rest of the world, dawg. I'm just sayin'.

EDIT: I just noticed.
You do not call me that.

SleepyK

yeah this is social forum, who gives a ****
we're the atl south even our tournament videos are social forum

:/

and that's like asking people who knew me by red to not call me red. it's not going to happen for a while.

Top Bottom