• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I actually would like to know the answer to this question as well. The Waba Weeklies would be the big reason for me to go to Waba every week, because I would know that I'd find people to play there. Without it, I find that it might be easier to arrange something at my house, especially if I offer free coffee.
The Waba weeklies don't have as good a turnout as the monthlies. Sometimes we get 8-9 people, and if we're lucky, more. I'm usually always there for some reason. Money johns often prevent me from joining the tournament, but I can usually scrounge up $5 to get in and play people.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
sadly i can't compete
mike and i only make love when we swing our swords
So true, baby <3

lol, I was going to challenge you once I got good D:
I think I'm slowly working myself up.
But seriously, if you make Toasty your apprentice, then I would feel very left out :)
I'll take on two apprentices, you and Toasty. Now I just need a cool "squad" name for you guys.

Hell yeah son. I'm actually hella determined to take you down. You don't even know.

LOL well let's just say I'ma turn your b!tcha.ss [sorry MikeG!] out so hard that you'll come out the other end lookin like '07-2king.

I wish I was eating right now so I could say that this made me spit Froot Loops everywhere.
BRING IT *****! You bettah man up or I'll f-throw to dunk you every time. <3

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
the talk about not being able to beat reflex, biglou and kismet is disappointing and false imo. look at the results for this monthly. scatt did it and he is no different than any of us. he was not considered one of GA's 'good' smashers and he pulled through.
If you were referring to my post, I said that the majority would never beat reflex and the other top brawlers in our area. And it is indeed true, Scatt seems to me to be an exception to the case.
Prove me wrong- list out the individual results of any given player that has played against the top brawlers I named in over the course of the past year or so, and tell me how many times they've won- REGARDLESS of how much the "challenging" player has improved.

It is a FACT that all players who have the desire to win in the game they compete in, improve.
What I'm saying is that the majority of aspiring brawlers will NEVER surpass the top brawlers because they improve at similar rates, or just lack talent to begin with.
Its no diss- simply a statement reaffirming the point I made afterwards- if you want to surpass players above you, you have to play harder and smarter than they do in order to catch up to them skillwise.

Purple

Hi guys!
If you were referring to my post, I said that the majority would never beat reflex and the other top brawlers in our area. And it is indeed true, Scatt seems to me to be an exception to the case.
Prove me wrong- list out the individual results of any given player that has played against the top brawlers I named in over the course of the past year or so, and tell me how many times they've won- REGARDLESS of how much the "challenging" player has improved.

It is a FACT that all players who have the desire to win in the game they compete in, improve.
What I'm saying is that the majority of aspiring brawlers will NEVER surpass the top brawlers because they improve at similar rates, or just lack talent to begin with.
Its no diss- simply a statement reaffirming the point I made afterwards- if you want to surpass players above you, you have to play harder and smarter than they do in order to catch up to them skillwise.
personally i don't consider scatt like the other high schoolers.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
welcome to learning how to play the game
MAN DOGY SURE HAD A LOT OF GOOD TRAINING PARTNERS TO GET AS GOOD AS HE IS
HE LIVES RIGHT IN THE THICK OF GA SMASH CENTRAL WITH ALL THE BEST PLAYERS
HE LEARNED DOC FROM SROYAL, KENTAROSOU, BOBDOLLARS, VELOCITY, HAYATO, AND BOSS8
THAT'S HOW HE'S SO GOOD
MAN LEARNING SMASH IN 07 WAS SOOO EASY I HAD EVERYBODY TO TEACH ME FALCO IT WAS THE EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD LEARNING WITH THE BEST PLAYERS RIGHT NEXT TO ME NOT HAVING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT BY MYSELF

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
welcome to learning how to play the game
MAN DOGY SURE HAD A LOT OF GOOD TRAINING PARTNERS TO GET AS GOOD AS HE IS
HE LIVES RIGHT IN THE THICK OF GA SMASH CENTRAL WITH ALL THE BEST PLAYERS
HE LEARNED DOC FROM SROYAL, KENTAROSOU, BOBDOLLARS, VELOCITY, HAYATO, AND BOSS8
THAT'S HOW HE'S SO GOOD
MAN LEARNING SMASH IN 07 WAS SOOO EASY I HAD EVERYBODY TO TEACH ME FALCO IT WAS THE EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD LEARNING WITH THE BEST PLAYERS RIGHT NEXT TO ME NOT HAVING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT BY MYSELF
This post is false:urg:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
personally i don't consider scatt like the other high schoolers.
Neither do I, mostly because I think he takes this game more seriously than others. He plays wifi A LOT. Like he was in the top 25 in the last ladder, and there are thousands of players in the ladder.
Also, Player-1 got top 25 in the last ladder too.

Scatt almost reminds me of Kismet.

Rayku

Smash Lord
the talk about not being able to beat reflex, biglou and kismet is disappointing and false imo. look at the results for this monthly. scatt did it and he is no different than any of us. he was not considered one of GA's 'good' smashers and he pulled through.
He's beaten Kismet the last few times I saw him play, actually. You just need to pay more attention to that. And obviously you don't converse with Lounis, Kismet, Reflex, or myself because we always talk about how good Scatt is.

He's just not known. That is -it-. Otherwise, he's top 4 material. I don't know how Tim does against him, but I would honestly put my money on Scatt. No hate to Tim, obviously.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Scatt is what makes RTG scary <___<.
I think ima play him on wifi today...lol
Anyway I hope Scatt becomes very consistent, If he does it'll just be an example of what you can do If you're dedicated enough, and practice.

Purple

Hi guys!
Scatt is what makes RTG scary <___<.
I think ima play him on wifi today...lol
Anyway I hope Scatt becomes very consistent, If he does it'll just be an example of what you can do If you're dedicated enough, and practice.

he is consistant enough, he only loses to top 4

the reason i feel that scatt is different is because he's another level, constantly practicing and finding out his mistakes, not through other players, but through his own trial and errors methods i would assume. He plays his own style not someone teaching him that style.

Or maybe i'm wrong, scatt can come in anytime and make me feel dumb.

everyone else, scrubs.

Macktastic

Smash Cadet
To be honest it seems like most of yall are ****-riding scatt lol

JK, scatt is ****ing beast lol i mean really, i saw the results and i was like dayum, i played scatt alot on wifi and everytime it seems like he corrects his mistakes from the last games and gets even better

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I only played Scatt like, twice. Once in brackets at Waba, and again at Rayku's smashfest. He's pretty good. Matches with him were the same as matches with everyone else.

He's cool, though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
last time I played scatt I got 3 stocked...then 3 stocked him back...then got a lucky barrel spike through the halberd stage...scatt is a beast.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
He's beaten Kismet the last few times I saw him play, actually. You just need to pay more attention to that. And obviously you don't converse with Lounis, Kismet, Reflex, or myself because we always talk about how good Scatt is.

He's just not known. That is -it-. Otherwise, he's top 4 material. I don't know how Tim does against him, but I would honestly put my money on Scatt. No hate to Tim, obviously.
I'd say Scatt is about my level.
I usually beat him, but he straight up out-camped me this tournament, real talk.

2009 is probably my last year staying competitive with Smash though.
I'll still play, but smash doesn't really hold a candle to BlazBlue in terms of fun for me.
About the only thing I've done since I got my 360/Stick/BlazBlue is play on XBL and practice in training mode.
I can't wait for the new version, Continuum Shift. <3

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Tim make sure you come to winterfest this year though. I think they have blazblue too. Btw need 3 more chumps to come too or else i wont drive there.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Scatt only wins cuz of his wiimote mindgames

I will ONLY play cf in brawl now

And i still ****

Brawl is a dumb game

Top Bottom