• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Its unlikely that there'll ever be a GA or Waba thread where some of the posts don't end up being purely social posts.

People socialize.
We're on a forum.

The only solution I see is to make a new thread, post the OP from this one in it, and lock/sticky it so its visible in the regular ATL south forum, and post a link in that OP to this thread in the social room.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
really mike is right.
every thread should be in the social section.

hey guys

shoutouts:

boy i had a good time

remember when we went to that thing and we laughed and jokes happened

oh boy were those funny jokes.

hey charles, you're a cool dude and we should play more smash bros

UNRELATED
sOCIAL TALK

STR8 TO SOCIAL BOARZ

Purple

Hi guys!
I think i've posted enough of my tourney talk in this thread for the past couple of days. I would like to point out that there's a smashfest this up coming friday at Zom~B's house, details being in the gentlemen's club topic titled "smashfest at zom~B's may 8th". I would appreciate if many of you responded to your possible attendance. There is melee + brawl. Also Guilty Gear / n64 stuff for anyone interested.

Oh yeah and stevi B's, cheap pizza, huzzah!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Character johns? Yeah, I've never flat out made a character john about Doc; I dont think he has an unwinnable matchup. I always whine and complain about doc vs capfal, but that's more of a me problem than a matchup problem. More importantly, though, Doc doesnt have a matchup that "so retardedly hard that it's basically unwinnable". (Something like half of bowser's matchups)

Seriously, what do you want from that? A reputation? Pfft. Ask reflex how he feels about his rep in FL after that Panhandle tourney (Or maybe it was Gigs? I cant remember). Im pretty sure his rep is pretty bad, but he really doesnt care.

Do it.
Half of Bowser's matchups make me really depressed when I think about them.

Also, Dogy, a not-spammed U-Tilt from Doc beats almost all of Falcon's approaches and pressure stuff. Try that next time you fight a Falcon. Just mix it up with U-Airs and your normal defensive stuff.

Also, it was the Panhandle tournament that earned me some sort of crappy reputation. I really don't care at all.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Unwinnable matchup in brawl.
I secondary Fox, and play him a lot if I do friendlies, but if anyone ever picks pikachu... I just switch characters. Take a look at the brawl Fox boards if you "beg to differ" on the Fox/Pika matchup.

A guaranteed, SKILL-LESS chaingrab from 0-90% with the potential for a kill based on mixup?
Counter character.
Doesn't mean it's impossible.

I mean, you have a ****ing GUN.

EDIT: Sorry for double-posting. Meant to multiquote, and stupid things happened.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
eh, it's one thing to overcome difficult matchups. It's another thing to overcome 80:20+ matchups. Simply not happening in real tournament play, IMO.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Also, Dogy, a not-spammed U-Tilt from Doc beats almost all of Falcon's approaches and pressure stuff. Try that next time you fight a Falcon. Just mix it up with U-Airs and your normal defensive stuff.
I know U.tilts work, but I swear to god either every falcon I play spaces well, or his legs are disjointed on n.air. I swear you have to hit his body and not his legs, and if capfal spaces well he still beats that.

I dunno, I've been getting better with falcon.

"When in doubt, just go see what greenmario does." XD

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I know U.tilts work, but I swear to god either every falcon I play spaces well, or his legs are disjointed on n.air. I swear you have to hit his body and not his legs, and if capfal spaces well he still beats that.

I dunno, I've been getting better with falcon.

"When in doubt, just go see what greenmario does." XD

You have the hit past the tips of his boots most of the time. Something like Doc's uptilt would probably trade hits or win.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i play falcon, and im the only one, besides reflex who realized that falcon isnt tourny viable

i realized that, but i dont feel like listening to myself

dont be down bro

you cant tell people to make some originality if you dont
JOHNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, up until

i play marth and... maybe wario if i can get any good with him
:wario: real man's character :wario:

Says the doc player. Honestly I mostly want to see MK banned because... well instead of one character being the obvious best there would be 6-12 other characters who could win tournaments.
the ONLY reason i voted "mk should be banned" was that i was tired of seeing the top results to major threads " mk mk mk :snake: mk mk mk :falco: mk mk mk " but honestly i like the matchup.

Dude, I know how you feel. I was pretty pissed too. F3nix hasn't played in weeks, but he picks MK and wins. You should have had him on his second stock on RC, but IDK what happened. Then when I fought him, I suicided really early on RC and lost -.-
u and i should get together sometime and smash. can u drive?

Half of Bowser's matchups make me really depressed when I think about them.
Reflex, you should really use bowser this monthly.. seriously! :bowser:

Umby

Smash Master
I hate people's reasoning for wanting MK banned when it;s "I'm tired of seeing him win all the time." The game's not balanced enough to where if MK was banned, there isn't someone who'd start frequenting first place at tournaments

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I hate people's reasoning for wanting MK banned when it;s "I'm tired of seeing him win all the time." The game's not balanced enough to where if MK was banned, there isn't someone who'd start frequenting first place at tournaments
It's not "I'm tired of seeing him win," so much as "I'm tired of seeing so many people play him because there is no time when it doesn't work well." It hurts the equilibrium of an otherwise much more beautiful scene. I wish that I didn't have to pour such a large majority of my time exploring matchups into that one matchup...and that would be fine normally, but EVERYONE has to, because he's so cursed good. It's certainly not broken, but it makes the whole experience less enjoyable. I deal with it because I want to win, naturally, but things would be significantly more fresh.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a list of mains for most of the dudes at WABA?

I know that Dyno mains Wario, Rayku Mains Lucario, and Desu plays D3 and MK.

Who else?

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Kismet2 [Falco / Luigi / Wario(teams)]
Big Lou [Luigi / Falco]
Desu [Metaknight / Dedede / Kirby]
ZOM~B [ROB / Snake(teams) / Dedede]
Teh Umby [Sonic]
Billy "Fun Size" Beckler [Sheik/Zelda]
Dynomite [Wario / Marth]
Scatt [Snake]
T3H Albino [King Dedede]
Fullmetal [Marth/Fox]

BBQ°

Smash Champion
hmm let's see

Reflex - Pokemon Trainer/Wario
Biglou (AKA dentedglass) - Luigi
Kismet2 - Falco
Desu - Meta Knight (D3 somewhat)
Player-1 - Diddy Kong
Rayku - Lucario
Zom~B - ROB
Six - Falco
Dyno - Wario (Marth somewhat)
Billy (AKA Stealth) - Sheik/Zelda
Octix - Lucario/Diddy/MK
FullMetal (AKA Anomic Punk) - Marth (Fox somewhat)
Red - Falco/MK
Blue - Sonic (?)
VietGeek - Toon Link/Marth
Scatz (AKA bigman) - Yoshi
Scatt - Snake
Antic (AKA pervatasaurus) - Falco/Wolf
Fenix - Fox/MK
Umby - Sonic
Mike G - Kirby
Elliot - Snake
Player-3 - Captain Falcon/Marth
Hichez - Lucario
Albino - D3/G&W
Turtle - Zero Suit Samus
Diablo - Bowser
BBQ - Mr. G&W (Wario somewhat)
4Leaf - Pokemon Trainer
Yiff (AKA Nihaihs oobkgjajsk) - Diddy Kong/Kirby
Volt - Snake
Voom - ?
Teken - Sonic
Noir - Diddy Kong/MK

sorry if I forgot anyone

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I recently picked up Pit.

I found out, I'm not that bad with him.

I picked a Random Character, against a Random LV9, on Final Destination.

I did this 10 times.

7 out of the 10 times, I got Pit.

Out of those times, I did not lose once.

So, I started using him against other LV9's. One of each character.

boom.

So, My new secondary(Sorry, Diddy,) is Pit.

Top Bottom