• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Player-3

Smash Hero
Hmm...I recently picked up Pit.

I found out, I'm not that bad with him.

I picked a Random Character, against a Random LV9, on Final Destination.

I did this 10 times.

7 out of the 10 times, I got Pit.

Out of those times, I did not lose once.

So, I started using him against other LV9's. One of each character.

boom.

So, My new secondary(Sorry, Diddy,) is Pit.
So you play a terrorist
and a flaming homosexual

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yeah, I can drive. It would have to be sometime during the weekend until school is over, though.
Yes. durring the weekend. i am going out of town for 2 weeks after school gets out (im leaving the morning of wabapalooza, and yeah, be back in 2 weeks.) we should do something this weekend billy :D

That's because you main a broken character...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDR3eB5cIA
your right.. :luigi:
also beating coms doesn't mean jack ****. Smash computers are completely horrible in all 3 games
QFT
:wario: makes quality posts.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Is the list characters that you play really well? Cause I play like 2-3 other characters that can easily be my secondaries.
Those are characters someone would normally use in tournament brackets. That's all that matters anyway. If I made a list of people with all their characters it would be ridiculous lol.

Hmm...I recently picked up Pit.

I found out, I'm not that bad with him.

I picked a Random Character, against a Random LV9, on Final Destination.

I did this 10 times.

7 out of the 10 times, I got Pit.

Out of those times, I did not lose once.

So, I started using him against other LV9's. One of each character.

boom.

So, My new secondary(Sorry, Diddy,) is Pit.
Choosing a character based off of CPU matches is pointless. First of all, choose a character that you enjoy using but is still decent. Stick with that character and find things out on your own. Don't read character-specific boards. Instead, go to training mode with your character and find new approaches, possible strings of attacks, kill percents, new uses for attacks, priority of attacks, etc. Writing your findings down is not necessary but it can help. After a few hours in training mode you should know the in's and out's of your character, depending on how technical they are. Hardly anyone does this because they would just rather play, but I did this and I feel I improved with mr. G&W faster than any other character that I would just play with against people or CPUs. Once you have a bunch of strategies theorized, test them out against people (not CPUs), and if they work, then awesome, if they don't, then it's ok.

Here's an example I found:
Mr. G&W vs fastfallers
approach with SHFF unsweetspotted nair
that strings into unsweetspotted uptilts (makes it almost a "lock")
uptilt like 4-6 times
then choose your next move based on your opponent's reaction
if the opponent air dodges -> downsmash them, and proceed to edgeguard if you get them offstage
if the opponent jumps -> up-b them, follow up with an aerial
if the opponent uses a downair -> shieldgrab, upthrow, predict airdodges or downairs
if the opponent does nothing -> nair chain

Then, I tested this "combo" against people on wifi. It works really good for the most part, and I can deal on average 45%. Some things I noticed though is that your opponent can Smash DI out of the uptilts, or if they are Fox they can shine and escape.

I like to call these "combos" mindgame combos because they place your opponent in really bad situations where they have to decide how to escape using limited options.

I found a lot of other stuff, but I don't want to give everything away here ;)

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
But, you see, I can't practice on people.

My only form of practice is on CPUs.

Training isn't really helpful, because, if you set them to attack, they're still a CPU, and if they Walk, Jump, or Stand, it's not going to be a very good representation of a human player's playing.

In short, I'm screwed!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

Training isn't really helpful, because, if you set them to attack, they're still a CPU, and if they Walk, Jump, or Stand, it's not going to be a very good representation of a human player's playing.

In short, I'm screwed!
wifi

:wario: makes good posts

Player-3

Smash Hero
choosing A Character Based Off Of Cpu Matches Is Pointless. First Of All, Choose A Character That You Enjoy Using But Is Still Decent.
No U
Play Falcon

but, You See, I Can't Practice On People.

My Only Form Of Practice Is On Cpus.

Training Isn't Really Helpful, Because, If You Set Them To Attack, They're Still A Cpu, And If They Walk, Jump, Or Stand, It's Not Going To Be A Very Good Representation Of A Human Player's Playing.

In Short, I'm Screwed!
play falcon

BBQ°

Smash Champion

In short, I'm screwed!
no johns.

You're not really practicing, you're just testing new things out. By the way, I put the CPU on "stand".

Also, doesn't your uncle play? Play with him, but instead of having real matches just agree that it's more of "training mode with humans".

Player-3

Smash Hero
no johns.

You're not really practicing, you're just testing new things out. By the way, I put the CPU on "stand".

Also, doesn't your uncle play? Play with him, but instead of having real matches just agree that it's more of "training mode with humans".
Or sell your wii to me so i can own the game

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yes. durring the weekend. i am going out of town for 2 weeks after school gets out (im leaving the morning of wabapalooza, and yeah, be back in 2 weeks.) we should do something this weekend billy :D
That kinda sucks that you have to leave the day of wabapalooza :ohwell:. When does your school end? Also, are you going to either ZOM~B's house and/or waba this weekend?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
no johns.

My uncle only comes over every so often...

but you're right, I could like, invite him over...

Plus, his birthday's sunday, and I'm going to bake him Chocolate chip cookies.
WITH CHOCOLATE LAXATIVES.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Plus, his birthday's sunday, and I'm going to bake him Chocolate chip cookies.
WITH CHOCOLATE LAXATIVES.
Because you can totally do that in tournament mirite?

We should Wi-Fi sometime...

maybe I'll learn how to beat Kirby without Usmashing fsmashes at 112%!

I should Wi-Fi six too. Maybe he has a better connection with me than Albino. <___<

/mad that Dirty South Internet doesn't work well with other Dirty South Internets.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman

I should Wi-Fi six too. Maybe he has a better connection with me than Albino. <___<

/mad that Dirty South Internet doesn't work well with other Dirty South Internets.
yes, give them all out as a little snack.

then watch them all rush to the WABA bathroom.

And, if you REALLY wanna play, my FC's on the side.

Just be prepared for lag.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
That kinda sucks that you have to leave the day of wabapalooza :ohwell:. When does your school end? Also, are you going to either ZOM~B's house and/or waba this weekend?
i wont be at zomb's house nor waba till monthly. my house really isnt that far from waba. 15min max.

oh man, was he PISSED! he started calling you names like "idk his name" but it was bull* and said he shoulda won and stuff.. oh man..

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman

This was with Toon Link I hope? if it was with Marth I would've been PISSED

VietGeek

Smash Hero
what viet won against a kirby i'm calling bs
Tong you've inspired me. Seriously.

I'm trolling in real life now.

oh man, was he PISSED! he started calling you names like "idk his name" but it was bull* and said he shoulda won and stuff.. oh man..
lol man that was amazing. If only usmashes saved me in every match-up I didn't know (glares at Tong's Kirby and how 3/4 of my moves were Usmashes: playing dumb johns).

Maybe in Melee. With Fox. On Greens Greens. In Lightning Melee.

ZOM~B said:
This was with Toon Link I hope? if it was with Marth I would've been PISSED
It was Marth and the suction-cup effect. I will be using this in tournament. On the 16th. On your Wii. With or without hacks.

It'll be there.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i wont be at zomb's house nor waba till monthly. my house really isnt that far from waba. 15min max.

huh?
tong makes quality posts

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
lol man that was amazing. If only usmashes saved me in every match-up I didn't know (glares at Tong's Kirby and how 3/4 of my moves were Usmashes: playing dumb johns).

It was Marth and the suction-cup effect. I will be using this in tournament. On the 16th. On your Wii. With or without hacks.

It'll be there.
Marth's up smash now has invincibility frames.

Yep, and he pretty much doesn't play with us anymore.
You see what you do Viet?! gawd.. stick with brawl +

bigman40

Smash Master
Marth's up smash now has invincibility frames.

You see what you do Viet?! gawd.. stick with brawl +
It wasn't just him. It's alot of other reasons why he doesn't play. However, he did make a fuss out of that even though I got screwed in the same tourney. (like, I think he did it for a week later after the tourney was done).

T3h Albino

Smash Master
It wasn't just him. It's alot of other reasons why he doesn't play. However, he did make a fuss out of that even though I got screwed in the same tourney. (like, I think he did it for a week later after the tourney was done).
This was the same tourney i went 0-2 and actually my first offline tourney
the first smasher i met in the community Umby =]

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Why not just keep using the character you prefer to use in tournament. Whenever I lose, to whatever character, or tactic, it's not going to make me change mains. Why not keep using your character to find out what went wrong and fix that mistake. Falco doesn't have alot of bad match ups but his bad ones(ICs) aren't going to scare me into using a better character or one that has an advantage. You're not going to learn anything. I think people that have secondaries are either afraid of a match up or too lazy to actually push their limits to actually learn what they have to do. Or they could like more than one character.

Actually, %65 of GA doesn't go to tournaments.
because your character is already ****ing broken... why don't YOU try maining Peach, if you thought i was being lazy, chump. :mad:

on a side note, i wanna play GGXX friday at ZOM-B's, especially since it is fairly close to where i live. does any one even play GGXX besides me...?

Umby

Smash Master
because your character is already ****ing broken... why don't YOU try maining Peach, if you thought i was being lazy, chump. :mad:

on a side note, i wanna play GGXX friday at ZOM-B's, especially since it is fairly close to where i live. does any one even play GGXX besides me...?
I've already mentioned bringing a setup for it. So if we both end up being there, I need you to teach me Jam, mod my brother's PS2, and burn me a copy of Persona 4.

Top Bottom