• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Says the doc player.
I dont play doc because I want to play an "original character", nor do I play him because i want some worthless fame for being "the best doc player". Ask any melee player who pays attention to half the things I say. I play him cause that's what works for me.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
nice avatar, dogy.

character originality is usually a viable reason to play a character for attention whores.

some people just happen to like said character, but lots of other people like to flaunt the fact that they play an "original" character.

they also like to make johns about their character at times.

who gives a ****? play who you like to play because you like how they play, not for some moral crusade to prove that a character is viable. we all know who's going to win in the end anyway.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
who gives a ****? play who you like to play because you like how they play, not for some moral crusade to prove that a character is viable. we all know who's going to win in the end anyway.

But yeah, the whole "character fanboy" logic. *rolls eyes*. lol

I still tell people the best way to win with doc is to pick the icon up, go 1 down 1 right and drop it.

__

and yeah, my avatar is ballin, and so is my sig. Booooooooooooooooo :D

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I dont play doc because I want to play an "original character", nor do I play him because i want some worthless fame for being "the best doc player". Ask any melee player who pays attention to half the things I say. I play him cause that's what works for me.
Oh, I don't doubt it. And I don't hear you making johns about your character. Who johns when they're winning anyway? But I also think part of it is that people don't want to be overshadowed. I mean, at least if you're the only person who plays the character... you're the best with him right?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Oh, I don't doubt it. And I don't hear you making johns about your character. Who johns when they're winning anyway? But I also think part of it is that people don't want to be overshadowed. I mean, at least if you're the only person who plays the character... you're the best with him right?
or you could just get better than the person who is better than you with said character
=P

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
My first match at the last Weekly was against a MK player, who'd only played brawl once or twice, and loved Melee. He actually got me down by a Stock on the first match, and gimped me twice in the second. Although I still won.

So, shows that it pretty much take no skill to play MK DECENTLY.
If you wanna get to pro level, you have to practice, though.
only shows that it takes no skill to take stocks off you -

People who don't put hours upon hours of practice into anything are nobodies at what they're playing or doing. They're just playing for fun.

That's why GA is so bad. Last summer I played Brawl almost everyday for at least 2 hours. When H3 came out I played it 5+ hours a day for 3 months. When I played Starcraft in my Junior and Senior year, I played the minute I got home to the minute I went to bed(about 2am), almost every day. I've drawn a picture for 4 hours straight. When I got into the keyboard I was playing it for about 4 hours a day for like 2 weeks. I learned how to play like a minute of moonlight sonata with ZERO experience in a week.

As for the bet...when do you wanna do it? I'll put at least 25 bucks down on it and no I'm not trying to be an *** to you. I just wanna make some money and have someone to practice against :] It's a win win

nice spot on the power rankings

Player-3

Smash Hero

But yeah, the whole "character fanboy" logic. *rolls eyes*. lol

I still tell people the best way to win with doc is to pick the icon up, go 1 down 1 right and drop it.

__

and yeah, my avatar is ballin, and so is my sig. Booooooooooooooooo :D

ivan ooze was so ****ing broken

TONG MAKES QUALITY POSTS

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Who played Falco at WABA other than Six? I know Kismet wasn't there. And GA has historically had a lot of originality, especially compared to say Florida. Take a look at their power rankings, it's like... "MK, Snake, D3, MK, MK, Wario, MK, Diddy/G&W, MK"
Red also used Falco. And apparently there's someone named Eo or something that uses Falco. Sooo many Flacos in GA lolz.

Kismet
Six
Antic
Red
Big~L
Eo

yup I'd say that's about 65% of GA.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Red also used Falco. And apparently there's someone named Eo or something that uses Falco. Sooo many Flacos in GA lolz.

Kismet
Six
Antic
Red
Big~L
Eo

*shrug* sucks that we don't see any of those people because of the weeklies

kismet2

Smash Ace
Don't use MK. If you pick up MK to counter a few bad matchups, then you're going to realize how much easier it is to win using him instead of Lucario, and then you'll eventually just drop Lucario. You're only going to become another MK clone.

I think a part about the drive for competitive smash (other than the money, friends, fun) is getting recognized as a good player. Everytime you did well at a tournament you would come back and tell me you were pumped about getting your vids online to get yourself known as a decent Lucario player. If you pick up MK then you're just going to get recognized as someone who wants to take the easy way out.

Sure, you may use the argument "play to win", but if you're going to have that mindset then people start to lose respect for you as a smasher. Now I know you should always have the mindset "play to win", and that's fine, but I know I have lost some respect for Fenix for counterpicking MK against me.

If you want to beat Falcos then get better with Pikachu, or Ice Climbers or something. Those two characters do well against Falco but they're not going to tempt you to switch mains entirely.

*sits and waits to get chewed out*
Why not just keep using the character you prefer to use in tournament. Whenever I lose, to whatever character, or tactic, it's not going to make me change mains. Why not keep using your character to find out what went wrong and fix that mistake. Falco doesn't have alot of bad match ups but his bad ones(ICs) aren't going to scare me into using a better character or one that has an advantage. You're not going to learn anything. I think people that have secondaries are either afraid of a match up or too lazy to actually push their limits to actually learn what they have to do. Or they could like more than one character.

Kismet
Six
Antic
Red
Big~L
Eo

Actually, %65 of GA doesn't go to tournaments.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Why not just keep using the character you prefer to use in tournament. Whenever I lose, to whatever character, or tactic, it's not going to make me change mains. Why not keep using your character to find out what went wrong and fix that mistake. Falco doesn't have alot of bad match ups but his bad ones(ICs) aren't going to scare me into using a better character or one that has an advantage. You're not going to learn anything. I think people that have secondaries are either afraid of a match up or too lazy to actually push their limits to actually learn what they have to do. Or they could like more than one character.

unless... its fox vs pikachu

kismet2

Smash Ace
Which is like...ICs vs. everyone. You have to learn about avoiding grabs and use safe moves which will probably prevent the chances of you being grabbed. I really hate Falco dittos, so I have try not to slip and get grabbed or Luis(Reflex) who's brother uses Dedede, which means he's learned how to avoid grabs

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Which is like...ICs vs. everyone. You have to learn about avoiding grabs and use safe moves which will probably prevent the chances of you being grabbed. I really hate Falco dittos, so I have try not to slip and get grabbed or Luis(Reflex) who's brother uses Dedede, which means he's learned how to avoid grabs[/QUOTE]

which has really F-ed me over <<

Player-1

Smash Legend
Which is like...ICs vs. everyone. You have to learn about avoiding grabs and use safe moves which will probably prevent the chances of you being grabbed. I really hate Falco dittos, so I have try not to slip and get grabbed or Luis(Reflex) who's brother uses Dedede, which means he's learned how to avoid grabs
unless... its d3 vs dk

VietGeek

Smash Hero

How many safe approach moves does Fox have anyway? >_>

Why did Jamaal not say whether or not he will attempt teach me MK on the 16th? >_>

stealth3654

Smash Lord
i don't think you understand how bad it feels to get outplayed by someone because they decided to use metaknight and counterpick rainbow cruise. I was salty for an ENTIRE DAY!
Dude, I know how you feel. I was pretty pissed too. F3nix hasn't played in weeks, but he picks MK and wins. You should have had him on his second stock on RC, but IDK what happened. Then when I fought him, I suicided really early on RC and lost -.-

do You Know What Happens To Wolf On Rainbow Cruise!? They Die
Hey Jamaal, MM on Rainbow Cruse? Your Wolf vs my Sheik :).

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lack of MK???

lol maybe I should get back into barwlf with MK. I mean he's just like kirby.

...but with more lulz

kismet2

Smash Ace

How many safe approach moves does Fox have anyway? >_>

Why did Jamaal not say whether or not he will attempt teach me MK on the 16th? >_>
I didn't say you had to approach. Just short hopping Nair is safe. Btw camping the pikachu would be a better suggestion. Because your lasers are rapid at building damage and you have a reflector. If he approaches then space a Fair or jump into the air.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Me winning is a relative statement. Depends on who you ask, what you're looking at, etc etc. That's really just me and my opinion, though; everybody knows I dont like putting myself on a pedestal anyway.

Character johns? Yeah, I've never flat out made a character john about Doc; I dont think he has an unwinnable matchup. I always whine and complain about doc vs capfal, but that's more of a me problem than a matchup problem. More importantly, though, Doc doesnt have a matchup that "so retardedly hard that it's basically unwinnable". (Something like half of bowser's matchups)

And being "the best ____ in whatever"... pfft. That's just a worthless opinionated title that so many people try to hold. The only best you have to be to win is the best player. Being on the outside, I can only give 2 ****s about who's the best MK player in the state, cause everybody I hear about a tourney instate worth merit, it's not being won by a MK. Same thing goes with alot of characters. Who's the best Snake in state? Somebody who isnt winning. Big whoop. "Hey guys, look at me! Im the best f.tilt machine in the state! Oh no! Here comes Lou!".

*holds hands up* exactly.

(blatent potshots, yes; but You'll see my point)
Think about it like this; Albino's the best M2 main instate, and Lou's the best Luigi Main instate (in melee. ... and in brawl, but im talking about melee). What good does being the best of their character do them in tourney?

Seriously, what do you want from that? A reputation? Pfft. Ask reflex how he feels about his rep in FL after that Panhandle tourney (Or maybe it was Gigs? I cant remember). Im pretty sure his rep is pretty bad, but he really doesnt care.

...but with more lulz
Do it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
yeah... tell that to Rayku. I think he already has his mind made up that if he's going up against Falco then he's not using Lucario. As for me I use G&W against any matchup. Snake is one of his worst matchups but that's probably my favorite one :p
But I use Wario against Rayku and Zom~B because they know my G&W too well ;)

haha yeah pretty much xD

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
no

seriously, play melee lol

topic: do whatever it takes to win aslong as she's legal.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Why not just keep using the character you prefer to use in tournament. Whenever I lose, to whatever character, or tactic, it's not going to make me change mains.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

*shuffles through his deck of potshots, insults, and witty remarks."

..... hmmm.
Ah hah!

Plays "The Definition of Irony"

*stares at his 4 untapped Islands.*

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Unwinnable matchup in brawl.
I secondary Fox, and play him a lot if I do friendlies, but if anyone ever picks pikachu... I just switch characters. Take a look at the brawl Fox boards if you "beg to differ" on the Fox/Pika matchup.

A guaranteed, SKILL-LESS chaingrab from 0-90% with the potential for a kill based on mixup?
Counter character.

...but with more lulz
lol
I'd like to see you do that, Mikey.

*Insert Dogy post here*

Do it.
Real talk, shawdy.
But I am the best Marth in GA.

(had to say it just to irritate you :laugh: )

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
might as well be the social thread

and make a new tournament thread

Top Bottom