• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably be picking up Metaknight to fight campy Falcos. Lucario literally can do nothing against it. ZOM~B wasn't even doing it right and I was losing. Well...he beat me once. And that's enough. Get Falcos to actually fight me and I might reconsider :)
Just play ice climbers.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think MK should be banned.

Although, seeing 50 MKs and Falcos at Waba kinda annoyed me.

It's like, have some originality!

I was the only Kirby player there, save for a 10-year old.

The only other Diddy I saw was Player-1.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I think he should be banned... I mean I was showing someone who doesn't even play the game the Reflex vs Seibrik match (or at least one game out of it.) and he goes "The wario is clearly outplaying the mk... the mk is just crutching" -- and honestly that's what MK is, IMO, a crutch.

That being said I'm tired of him :|

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
LOL.

My first match at the last Weekly was against a MK player, who'd only played brawl once or twice, and loved Melee. He actually got me down by a Stock on the first match, and gimped me twice in the second. Although I still won.

So, shows that it pretty much take no skill to play MK DECENTLY.
If you wanna get to pro level, you have to practice, though.

Really, I just want some variety.

Like the Melee Tourneys that wound up with all the matches having some combination of Marth, Fox, or Falco.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I play Lucario. I played Metaknight once to prove a point.

Playing Metaknight as a crutch is, against people who know what they're doing, not a good idea. If you're at a level like the one that Seibrik/Reflex are at, I suppose not. At the general GA level of Brawl, if you know what you're doing, Metaknights shouldn't pose a problem. I've beaten everyone who "resorts" to Metaknight, myself. Fenix, Dyno, Octix, etc...And I go even with the one Metaknight main

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I play Lucario. I played Metaknight once to prove a point.

Playing Metaknight as a crutch is, against people who know what they're doing, not a good idea. If you're at a level like the one that Seibrik/Reflex are at, I suppose not. At the general GA level of Brawl, if you know what you're doing, Metaknights shouldn't pose a problem. I've beaten everyone who "resorts" to Metaknight, myself. Fenix, Dyno, Octix, etc...And I go even with the one Metaknight main
I bet I can beat your Lucario with MK consistently with a couple hours of practice. I'll put money on it

Rayku

Smash Lord
I bet I can beat your Lucario with MK consistently with a couple hours of practice. I'll put money on it
I'd be willing to bet that. Even though I was mainly referring to people who don't put "hours of practice" into their gameplay.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to bet that. Even though I was mainly referring to people who don't put "hours of practice" into their gameplay.
People who don't put hours upon hours of practice into anything are nobodies at what they're playing or doing. They're just playing for fun.

That's why GA is so bad. Last summer I played Brawl almost everyday for at least 2 hours. When H3 came out I played it 5+ hours a day for 3 months. When I played Starcraft in my Junior and Senior year, I played the minute I got home to the minute I went to bed(about 2am), almost every day. I've drawn a picture for 4 hours straight. When I got into the keyboard I was playing it for about 4 hours a day for like 2 weeks. I learned how to play like a minute of moonlight sonata with ZERO experience in a week.

As for the bet...when do you wanna do it? I'll put at least 25 bucks down on it and no I'm not trying to be an *** to you. I just wanna make some money and have someone to practice against :] It's a win win

Rayku

Smash Lord
People who don't put hours upon hours of practice into anything are nobodies at what they're playing or doing. They're just playing for fun.
I wonder if I could beat you with my Metaknight. Or my Wario. Curiosity strikes me.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I would rather you practice those characters against my Diddy. I need the match up experience bad. I would rather play reflex's Wario, but he won't. Too bad
Well, what I meant by that statement is that I've played Wario for a combined total of about 20 minutes, ever. And my Metaknight doesn't have very much more experience past that.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Well, what I meant by that statement is that I've played Wario for a combined total of about 20 minutes, ever. And my Metaknight doesn't have very much more experience past that.
Then no you won't beat me once I get warmed up and I'd rather not waste my time playing them :] Just the lucario because I need the match up experience.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
As for the bet...when do you wanna do it? I'll put at least 25 bucks down on it and no I'm not trying to be an *** to you. I just wanna make some money and have someone to practice against :] It's a win win
Are you going to come start winning tournies or something/I'll money match you as much as you want ;)

Seriously though, despite the way you're coming across it'd be great if we got more smashers.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'll probably be picking up Metaknight to fight campy Falcos. Lucario literally can do nothing against it. ZOM~B wasn't even doing it right and I was losing. Well...he beat me once. And that's enough. Get Falcos to actually fight me and I might reconsider :)
Don't use MK. If you pick up MK to counter a few bad matchups, then you're going to realize how much easier it is to win using him instead of Lucario, and then you'll eventually just drop Lucario. You're only going to become another MK clone.

I think a part about the drive for competitive smash (other than the money, friends, fun) is getting recognized as a good player. Everytime you did well at a tournament you would come back and tell me you were pumped about getting your vids online to get yourself known as a decent Lucario player. If you pick up MK then you're just going to get recognized as someone who wants to take the easy way out.

Sure, you may use the argument "play to win", but if you're going to have that mindset then people start to lose respect for you as a smasher. Now I know you should always have the mindset "play to win", and that's fine, but I know I have lost some respect for Fenix for counterpicking MK against me.

If you want to beat Falcos then get better with Pikachu, or Ice Climbers or something. Those two characters do well against Falco but they're not going to tempt you to switch mains entirely.

*sits and waits to get chewed out*

Purple

Hi guys!
Don't use MK. If you pick up MK to counter a few bad matchups, then you're going to realize how much easier it is to win using him instead of Lucario, and then you'll eventually just drop Lucario. You're only going to become another MK clone.

I think a part about the drive for competitive smash (other than the money, friends, fun) is getting recognized as a good player. Everytime you did well at a tournament you would come back and tell me you were pumped about getting your vids online to get yourself known as a decent Lucario player. If you pick up MK then you're just going to get recognized as someone who wants to take the easy way out.

Sure, you may use the argument "play to win", but if you're going to have that mindset then people start to lose respect for you as a smasher. Now I know you should always have the mindset "play to win", and that's fine, but I know I have lost some respect for Fenix for counterpicking MK against me.

If you want to beat Falcos then get better with Pikachu, or Ice Climbers or something. Those two characters do well against Falco but they're not going to tempt you to switch mains entirely.

*sits and waits to get chewed out*

i don't think you understand how bad it feels to get outplayed by someone because they decided to use metaknight and counterpick rainbow cruise. I was salty for an ENTIRE DAY! I've never been that mad over a lose ever. I've never pulled my controller out of a wii in anger. EVER!I could outplay or do whatever i want and to get downsmashed and die + never be able to gimp the ***** *** character really gets you pissed.

If you're really wanting to win in this game, you're going to either have to step up your game with a certain character, or just go metaknight / snake.

My two cents on the smash community in Georiga, we suck and can't read metaknights and don't know what to do against metaknights, we feel that we're good when in reality we're just glorified scrubs in our glorified neighborhood (top 5 in a low ranking state). Our mindset is that we need to learn our mains and figure things out. I don't think this is how it should be.

Kismet2 is glorified in our eyes, he's a **** good falco, but he has to work **** hard against MKs, in fact, he probably will have to drain himself to the highest of his abilities against metaknights like dojo's and M2K (i heard he got three stocked by m2k a couple times, same with biglou).

I think reflex gets away with it because he uses wario, wario is known to be a MK kiiller is all. Not exactly a character like falco that has to work for kills. We respect those people and use their characters (falco, wario) and steer away from MK and then scorn MKs for being cheap. The game is made that way, we all should be using mk for christ sake. The game is clearly saying "metaknight is the best character, use him"

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i don't think you understand how bad it feels to get outplayed by someone because they decided to use metaknight and counterpick rainbow cruise. I was salty for an ENTIRE DAY! I've never been that mad over a lose ever. I've never pulled my controller out of a wii in anger. EVER!I could outplay or do whatever i want and to get downsmashed and die + never be able to gimp the ***** *** character really gets you pissed.

If you're really wanting to win in this game, you're going to either have to step up your game with a certain character, or just go metaknight / snake.

My two cents on the smash community in Georiga, we suck and can't read metaknights and don't know what to do against metaknights, we feel that we're good when in reality we're just glorified scrubs in our glorified neighborhood (top 5 in a low ranking state). Our mindset is that we need to learn our mains and figure things out. I don't think this is how it should be.

Kismet2 is glorified in our eyes, he's a **** good falco, but he has to work **** hard against MKs, in fact, he probably will have to drain himself to the highest of his abilities against metaknights like dojo's and M2K (i heard he got three stocked by m2k a couple times, same with biglou).

I think reflex gets away with it because he uses wario, wario is known to be a MK kiiller is all. Not exactly a character like falco that has to work for kills. We respect those people and use their characters (falco, wario) and steer away from MK and then scorn MKs for being cheap. The game is made that way, we all should be using mk for christ sake. The game is clearly saying "metaknight is the best character, use him"
so you're saying we should all be cheap *******s and use MK.
Melee's lookin pretty hawt.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
The game is clearly saying "metaknight is the best character, use him"
Yup
"victory is my destiny"
"you much have yet to learn"
"come back when you can put up a fight"
those are quotes of a champion
oh and if you haven't notice Mk is in the middle of the select screen
which implies that the metagame revolves around him
like a tornado

Player-1

Smash Legend
rainbow for neutral

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
every time i see u, its either in doubles or ur smoking and im going to eat.. kk here we go.. no more friendlies.. MONEY MATCH!! $1 .. how bout it, i think thats easier to remember or act on rather than a friendly. How about it?

I wonder if I could beat you with my Metaknight. Or my Wario. Curiosity strikes me.
:( i play wario.

T3h Albino

Smash Master

GA need's to focus on their respected mains and need to stop hoping on the SS metaknight. We only have 1 METAKNIGHT MAIN. I think if GA just stopped to ask someone like Calvin, Lou, or Reflex to sit down and play metaknight agaisnt them im sure they could find some problems as to what you're doing wrong against the character. It's not a matter of what character it's a matter of how smart you are and what you choose to do in certain situations against said character. No, you're not always gonna win but you should be able to beat people who have not focused on metaknight enough to actually use him competently.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think MK should be banned.

Although, seeing 50 MKs and Falcos at Waba kinda annoyed me.

It's like, have some originality!

I was the only Kirby player there, save for a 10-year old.

The only other Diddy I saw was Player-1.
i play falcon, and im the only one, besides reflex who realized that falcon isnt tourny viable

i realized that, but i dont feel like listening to myself

dont be down bro

you cant tell people to make some originality if you dont

btw, i play marth and... maybe wario if i can get any good with him

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Who played Falco at WABA other than Six? I know Kismet wasn't there. And GA has historically had a lot of originality, especially compared to say Florida. Take a look at their power rankings, it's like... "MK, Snake, D3, MK, MK, Wario, MK, Diddy/G&W, MK"

Purple

Hi guys!
Who played Falco at WABA other than Six? I know Kismet wasn't there. And GA has historically had a lot of originality, especially compared to say Florida. Take a look at their power rankings, it's like... "MK, Snake, D3, MK, MK, Wario, MK, Diddy/G&W, MK"

i went falco

Player-3

Smash Hero
antic should team with me next waba weekly (im not paying 10 dollars for doubles)

...;D
We can typo (Falcon + Falco)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*leans head out of his cubical*

Oh look, brawl players are fighting over "character originality". Like it actually means something.

-sigh-
How sad.
*rolls back in and continues to BS*

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Says the doc player. Honestly I mostly want to see MK banned because... well instead of one character being the obvious best there would be 6-12 other characters who could win tournaments.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Says the doc player. Honestly I mostly want to see MK banned because... well instead of one character being the obvious best there would be 6-12 other characters who could win tournaments.
snake falco dedede diddy bowser captain falcon marth mewtwo ROB pichu

amidoinitrite

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Hrm...

I say, for all intents and purposes, that EVERYBODY who comes to the next Weekly should play Falcon.

I mean, the least tourney viable character. That's gotta be awesome, right?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
GA need's to focus on their respected mains and need to stop hoping on the SS metaknight. We only have 1 METAKNIGHT MAIN. I think if GA just stopped to ask someone like Calvin, Lou, or Reflex to sit down and play metaknight agaisnt them im sure they could find some problems as to what you're doing wrong against the character. It's not a matter of what character it's a matter of how smart you are and what you choose to do in certain situations against said character. No, you're not always gonna win but you should be able to beat people who have not focused on metaknight enough to actually use him competently.
I don't play a particularly good Meta Knight, but I can count the number of times I've used him on one hand.

Still, players like Lounis, Calvin, or myself understand the game well enough to give general advice, and that can go a long way to making matchups seem less problematic.

I think he should be banned... I mean I was showing someone who doesn't even play the game the Reflex vs Seibrik match (or at least one game out of it.) and he goes "The wario is clearly outplaying the mk... the mk is just crutching" -- and honestly that's what MK is, IMO, a crutch.

That being said I'm tired of him :|
Meta Knight is not necessarily directly used as a crutch, but he is far and away the best character in the game. As a result, players that are otherwise on a relatively equal skill level are still fighting a lopsided battle. Many times, he ends up being a natural advantage, whether or not the player that picks him knows it.

I suppose when a person uses Meta Knight only "when necessary", there's no guarantee that it's going to be at a lower level than someone that mains him. He doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time and effort to be proficient with, after all. Still, the same can be said about someone that secondaries another character; they're generally less proficient, which is why many people say that "when you get good enough, MK isn't a problem", which is certainly not the case. If a Meta Knight has a grasp of his character that is somewhat close to your own, then it will be tough, assuming they have matchup experience.

I do think that the game would see a fresh breath of air if Meta Knight was banned. Feeling like there's an obvious "most correct" character choice bothers me.

I think reflex gets away with it because he uses wario, wario is known to be a MK kiiller is all.
Having a 45-55 matchup doesn't really constitute calling Wario "a Meta Knight killer", XD. Besides, the matchup is still stupidly difficult with excellent Meta Knight players.

Also, a quote that makes me rage:

Mew2King said:
i don't even think that's the best way for MK to be played except vs wario

that's why i just stay near people the entire time whenever i can
WELL, THAT'S GREAT FOR EVERYONE ELSE, BUT I'M ****ED, AREN'T I? :[[[[[

Top Bottom