• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm only where I'm at because I actually worked on my Yoshi since the game came out. That is player skill. Character wise, Bowser is better than Yoshi, and that's fact. If you got a Wii, then spend time in training mode, learning everything about your character. If you ain't go a Wii, then look at the stuff theoretically.
Heh. Only time I ever went to training mode to "learn my character" was when I wanted to find the sweetspot for the wallcling on Final Destination for Lucario :)

bigman40

Smash Master
make it chocolate chip please.. and i just said that to.. (god im about to make a family guy reference, ive sunk to a new low) grind bigman's gears, so he can actually come to a tourney
Lol. That really didn't push me to try to get there. I probably wouldn't have cared about the Yoshi losing until I see how he plays IRL.

Heh. Only time I ever went to training mode to "learn my character" was when I wanted to find the sweetspot for the wallcling on Final Destination for Lucario :)
When you're 3+ hrs away from smash civilization, with barely anyone to play (variety wise), there's nothing else that I can really do. I spend most of my time in training mode cause I'm mainly bored, and trying to find some new tricks I can use in my game since the Yoshi boards don't really TRY looking for new things.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Lol. That really didn't push me to try to get there. I probably wouldn't have cared about the Yoshi losing until I see how he plays IRL.

he was rather decent, except when i took him to rainbow and we were even up till second stock when he double jumped and hit one of the falling blocks from under and lost his jump and died.. 10 sec after he spawned i got him like 10 damage then he down b'd off the stage.

bigman40

Smash Master
he was rather decent, except when i took him to rainbow and we were even up till second stock when he double jumped and hit one of the falling blocks from under and lost his jump and died.. 10 sec after he spawned i got him like 10 damage then he down b'd off the stage.
:laugh: I've had that happen to me occasionally. I still wanna see him in person so I can see how he REALLY plays (like, his choices in almost each scenario).

Player-1

Smash Legend
When you're 3+ hrs away from smash civilization, with barely anyone to play (variety wise), there's nothing else that I can really do. I spend most of my time in training mode cause I'm mainly bored, and trying to find some new tricks I can use in my game since the Yoshi boards don't really TRY looking for new things.
play more wifi

Rayku

Smash Lord
Well, Scatz, I live about an hour from everyone, and I only play once a week. I play for the enjoyment (Marty don't jump on me for saying that plz. I play Melee too), so learning all the new techs and such isn't really all that appealing. Plus, Lucario doesn't really have any. Hyphen Smashes are fun, though.

bigman40

Smash Master
play more wifi
College internet won't let me past the character selection screen w/o DCing.

Well, Scatz, I live about an hour from everyone, and I only play once a week. I play for the enjoyment (Marty don't jump on me for saying that plz. I play Melee too), so learning all the new techs and such isn't really all that appealing. Plus, Lucario doesn't really have any. Hyphen Smashes are fun, though.
Yeah, I understand that with Lucario. I don't see anything tech related for him, so I wouldn't expect you to do training mode. But it's not the same for me.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
:laugh: I've had that happen to me occasionally. I still wanna see him in person so I can see how he REALLY plays (like, his choices in almost each scenario).
i was gona replay but, he sd'd 2ce now knowing he lost his jump off the stage and he was bigger than me, so if i hit Z i was rather scared atm thinking he would fart on me and scream "how do YOU like it?" forgot to mention he was black and really REALLY pissed, didnt even let me switch characters he just jammed start and jumped to FD

bigman40

Smash Master
i was gona replay but, he sd'd 2ce now knowing he lost his jump off the stage and he was bigger than me, so if i hit Z i was rather scared atm thinking he would fart on me and scream "how do YOU like it?" forgot to mention he was black and really REALLY pissed, didnt even let me switch characters he just jammed start and jumped to FD
I can see why he'd get mad, but jeez.....

Rayku

Smash Lord
On Topic:

Do we have a sort of attendance list for the 16th? It's supposed to be a rather nice turnout :)

I just don't want this thread moved to the social room again. There's a social discussion thread for a reason ^_^

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wasn't RC his cp? and if you 2-0ed him then why'd he go FD afterward >.>?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wasn't RC his cp? and if you 2-0ed him then why'd he go FD afterward >.>?
no i made him GET 0-2.. he beat me on final and he gimped himself on my counterpick (rainbow)

btw, i might have snuck a replay in, no idea, but ill check 2mor.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
On Topic:

Do we have a sort of attendance list for the 16th? It's supposed to be a rather nice turnout :)

I just don't want this thread moved to the social room again. There's a social discussion thread for a reason ^_^
I'll be there. That's the Monthly, right?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
yo dyno I loved your charizard kill on P1. That was EPIC.

sixflags11804

Smash Cadet
I will be there at the monthly as well (the 16th).

I'm also considering going to the smashfest the weekend before.

Rayku

Smash Lord
look up "SSB64 WAD" or something, and put it on your SD card. I don't know where to go from there, my friend does all the work for me lol

-Turtle-

Smash Rookie
Please feel free to edit for characters used and sexiness...

5/2/09 Brawl Singles Results:

1: Player 1
2: Six
3: Rayku
4: Dynomite
5: Fenix
5: Red
7: Billy
7: Blue
9: Chaz(TuRtL)
9: Antic
9: Mibs
9: Tail#
13: Yiff
13: teken
13: Diablo
13: Nathan
17: Tubes
17: Will
Chaz=TuRtL he put my real name since he knows my real name and didnt care about my tag >.>. Billy & Six ima get ya next time. Better come to monthlys and be in my bracket.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dyno's hopefully going to upload vids at some point. We got games of Dyno and Fenix winning in about 5 teams games, and Marty and I winning in like one. For some reason, we couldn't save whenever we won :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
So my d3 is terrible against ROB
just a protip lol
anyway i plan on being at the smashfest and the monthly
so uhmmm get ready for some big gay dance and fsmash shenanigans x)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Nah its not you its just im bad against campy characters. Snake who im also bad against is getting handled tho i get better at that matchup everytime i play it. but since i don't play too many robs i only slowly get better at it. Can you say Smashfest? get at me zom~b ;D

BigLøu

Smash Lord
jamaal good news i got a gps for my so now we will never get lost with your wack *** directions.

also on topic good **** people at tourney. Six steppin it wup

BBQ°

Smash Champion
man... more people playing with MK. We got Desu, Antic, Octix, Dyno (somewhat) Rayku (thinking of having MK as a secondary), and Fenix (seems like he's going to drop Fox completely). That's like half of GA. I'm gonna need more MK practice.

oh yeah and didn't P-3 say something about using MK :urg:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
stop doing it >_>
no seriously if u understand how i play ill get *****.. no joke. ask Lounis or Rayku.

did anyone get vids?
I did, if people replayed.

Dyno's hopefully going to upload vids at some point. We got games of Dyno and Fenix winning in about 5 teams games, and Marty and I winning in like one. For some reason, we couldn't save whenever we won :)
yes i will upload most likely today or tomorrow

jamaal good news i got a gps for my so now we will never get lost with your wack *** directions.

also on topic good **** people at tourney. Six steppin it wup
HAHAH! omg.. too good.. jamaal wont get u lost again, a 40 min trip took u guys 3 hours.. <3 jamaal. a waffle house trip took longer than a high schooler running there.

Top Bottom