• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
define "close to melee".
tubes is a baller.

jamaal, your controller is red and done. It's at tommy's house though. I'll bring it to the next brawl event or whatever.

or just a random day at waba, perhapz. I'd like to take your controller shell when i give you the red one though. I needs em 4 paintin

who wanted the blue one? I don't remember.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
omg liek i sucks bro suckssss xD
anyway liek
im lazy with shoutouts so im just going to say

The Good- I got alot of yoshi practice lol, uhmm thats about it =[

The Bad- I got knocked out of the tournament by Zom~B "2nd time he's beaten me in brackets" xD so yeah D3 + Rob is a no go ill try diddy next time ^_^. Also scat took my 2 dollars =[

The Ugly- I ****ed up Min's speaker when i tripped into it =[. Also my knee is worse off than i thought. Also im going to try and pay as much as i can for a replacement *if needed* for that speaker

overall it was a fun tourney socially i just wish i had done a little better in brackets. Oh wail melee vs brawl in 2weeks im hyped ;3

Player-3

Smash Hero
anyway liek

The Bad- I got knocked out of the tournament by Zom~B "2nd time he's beaten me in brackets" xD so yeah D3 + Rob is a no go ill try diddy next time ^_^. Also scat took my 2 dollars =[

The Ugly- I ****ed up Min's speaker when i tripped into it =[. Also my knee is worse off than i thought. Also im going to try and pay as much as i can for a replacement *if needed* for that speaker

overall it was a fun tourney socially i just wish i had done a little better in brackets. Oh wail melee vs brawl in 2weeks im hyped ;3
You ****en kneed that speaker... next waba i expect you to falcon punch a pregnant woman

and we should team next time we go to a tourny... we did pretty good in melee
welll... i carried you, but still :p

T3h Albino

Smash Master
You ****en kneed that speaker... next waba i expect you to falcon punch a pregnant woman

and we should team next time we go to a tourny... we did pretty good in melee
welll... i carried you, but still :p
i suck at melee =[
but my peach has the potential to be ****
and my mewtwo is 0_o almost beat a marth 8)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i suck worse at melee...
almost lost to a mewtwo as marth
dont worry its me :laugh:
lemme try to piece this together

1st-Weflex (PT,Wario, Lucas)
2nd-Biglou (Weegee)
3rd-Kismet2 (Falco, Wario)
4th-Rayku (Lucario, did you go ike?)
5th- Player1 (diddy kong)
5th- Zom~B ( Robotic Operating *****) :@
7th-Scatz (Yoshi)
7th-Scat LOLWUT (Luigi,Snake)
9th-F3nix (fawx,yoshi)
9th-Umby? (sonic)

heres where it starts to get a little funny v_v

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You are a True Brawler.

So about Brawl vs. Melee hype...

I'm still pushing for Brawl+. Especially since teching is now Melee-easy again. <_<

BigLou don't fail me now man. Wear that hat right.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
anyway liek

use d3 for ROB, just figure out what to do man. Don't leave your main.. =/

T3h Albino

Smash Master
use d3 for ROB, just figure out what to do man. Don't leave your main.. =/
he's too slow man i just get camped from a distance and if im aggressive about it i just get punished. With diddy its so much easier because i can camp back and am fast enough to not be punished about rushing. I may stay with d3 but me and zom~b or (some other good rob) would have to play a lot of friendlies =/

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I entered teams with some old school player and got rocked in teams, I wish sleepy had gone =/
And I didnt enter singles. But my oh my have I gotten better these last days.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
So I hear kismet beat azen at herb... and that relex and kismet both lost winners semis and are guarenteed 5th. HYPE!
sounds like some good stuff :O Good luck to them, any live streams?

@ Albino - even with that, you have to learn that there are going to be disadvantages, period. you can't keep moving away from them. You'll find yourself playing metaknight, you play a character you enjoy and stick with it, ROB's going to be a bad matchup for you until you constantly play it and figure it out. I hate going against lucario's. That doesn't mean i should go and use a counterpick character, no, that means i should learn how to play against them. Because if i keep counter characters. I'll find myself playing metaknight, which you'll find yourself doing too.

bigman40

Smash Master
Like me! Brave through all the tough **** and learn what you need to do to get around.

Edit: CO18, you think yoshi has the advantage against D3? o.o

T3h Albino

Smash Master
sounds like some good stuff :O Good luck to them, any live streams?

@ Albino - even with that, you have to learn that there are going to be disadvantages, period. you can't keep moving away from them. You'll find yourself playing metaknight, you play a character you enjoy and stick with it, ROB's going to be a bad matchup for you until you constantly play it and figure it out. I hate going against lucario's. That doesn't mean i should go and use a counterpick character, no, that means i should learn how to play against them. Because if i keep counter characters. I'll find myself playing metaknight, which you'll find yourself doing too.
diddy doesn't even counter rob its just i feel more comfortable with him against rob =/

Dedede>ROB
thanks mr.unexpected. good advice though. i guess ill stick with d3

DDD has to get by the gay *** projectiles though :/

Or do what I do when I face a bad matchup, cry silently
man i thought you were a man :@

CO18

Smash Hero
Like me! Brave through all the tough **** and learn what you need to do to get around.

Edit: CO18, you think yoshi has the advantage against D3? o.o
lol, No I dont but I actually think its pretty close. Yoshi is pretty annoying.

Biglou youre teaming with Rx- Saturday right?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
he's too slow man i just get camped from a distance and if im aggressive about it i just get punished. With diddy its so much easier because i can camp back and am fast enough to not be punished about rushing. I may stay with d3 but me and zom~b or (some other good rob) would have to play a lot of friendlies =/
D3 vs Rob is the most boring match up there is.. seriously.

wana tast ur patients? > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Vo5-t_kaI

<3 u as a person Zom~B

Tenki

Smash Hero
aw, i had to take my friend home so i didn't get to check the ranks/brackets at the end nor mm anyone :[

shoutouts:
p3 - lol@choosing norfair. "well, you agreed to it!" - lol, I agreed to alot of stuff this tournament... good and bad ¦P. i need to play that level more, it's so... fun.

biglou - lol gg. I guess you can say it was an improvement from the first/last time we played offline, haha.

billy/sheik dude - I still don't know if that whole deal at the 2nd round was completely right. We played like, a stock, but you're right, the rules were like that, and we just went autopilot. lolk, you got the character switch xD gg.

umby - DI down on MK's D-throw and stop getting N-aired/F-aired from DIing towards him lol.

p1 - fun friendlies :O! maybe we'll meet in brackets next time, or maybe i'll get kicked to losers by biglou in first round instead, lol.

reflex - first time i've seen you in-person, and we didn't get to play at all, but i watched you and your matches. hardcoaaar. best movements ever. irl.

leroy/snake dude - sorry I didn't get to mm ._.; next time maybe!

alby/zom-b/other awesome people i didn't get to mention - I'll eventually get some matches with you guys some other time D;

:093:

T3h Albino

Smash Master
then i guess i have no choice. penguin ditto, no infinate. chain grabs alloud?
you're funny
that matchup is stupid
ill play it but it just means nothing to me xD
omg i got grabbed thats 50+ damage ;D
<_<
i go kirby for other d3's
so if you want we can go kirby vs d3 mm 5dollars *serious business if its more than 1 dollar*
lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man, chris, I'm so sorry. I was so ready to go, and then suddenly it was only me and dan... and insufficient funds.

Vietgeek, why would you even suggest brawl+

no one wants to play that mess

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i really just want to get this out there because i'm seeing this happen way to often in tournament matches, especially in brawl matches.

If you find yourself playing against a character you have problems with, please try to learn the match up and learn the disadvantages of the match before switching to other characters. You'll find yourself learning how to play the character even more if you learn how to be safe with your character, how to correctly approach depending on who you're playing against, watching what your opponent does. Etc.

Of course, if you feel comfortable with how you play the game, you don't have to take my advice. Hell i do horribly in placings as of lately, so there's no real particular reason why anyone should even think about taking my advice, but i'm just calling it as i see it.

Continuing on however.

Perfect example. Dynomite i talked to you after you lost to player 1, and told you that you should go back to wario, he's your main, you'll do better. You commented saying that "he three stocked my wario last tourney" or something to that effect.

I checked the wario thread this morning, and come to find out wario v diddy kong is 55 : 45 -- 60 : 40 in wario's favor.

It even tells you how to play the match up. right under.

The problem is, you'll forever be "getting three stocked" by his diddy because you won't keep the character selection screen from saying meta knight. You can get a lot better at the game if you just stick with one person in my opinion, do some research, see what makes wario a good character against diddy. What's hard for Diddy to counter and use it to your advantage.

Albino

I remember i was really proud of you two months ago, when you got 9th at a tourney, completely destroying your last placing of 25th sticking with d3 the entire tourney. You lost your match against Octix and exclaimed that you would learn how to beat metaknight with your D3. I'm sure you're still trying to figure it out. However as of lately i've seen you take up more characters, diddy kong in particular. Because of a ROB matchup. Alby it's an annoying matchup, but when you play one character in particular, match ups will be that way with everyone you use, you have to learn how to take a disadvantage and make it unknown, it makes you a better player altogether.

Really it just makes the GA community weaker, we don't learn how to use our small amounts of advantages to get us to win, but instead we keep our disadvantages as minimal as possibly by using another character, without actually learning the character.

Because of this we'll all find ourselves one day playing a really good metaknight, and end up playing metaknight for the rest of our brawl career.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Rush hour baby! Speed yo *** off the map! Waba was pretty fun. Even with like, 13 people or so. Shouts to the 3 new guys that were there. You guys are pretty good, it's just a matter of knowing the whens and wheres.

__

Antic,

as for your statement, there's one big flaw in it. Smash is the only game that allows you to actually get by without knowing all your matchups by way of the counterpick system. It's the only game where the winner is, at times, allowed to switch his character.

So although in theory one has to know every matchup for their character, smash rules actually grant ways around it tha dont exist in any other fighting game. That being said, you cant really fault people for not wanting to learn certain matchups and opting to play other characters. That's how the rules have been made around the community.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Since Dogy forgot them- results for the melee tournament:

Singles-
1st- Dogysamich
2nd- FullMetal
3rd- SleepyK

Doubles-
1st- Dogysamich+SleepyK
2nd- FullMetal+GAwes

I forget results after those.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Rush hour baby! Speed yo *** off the map! Waba was pretty fun. Even with like, 13 people or so. Shouts to the 3 new guys that were there. You guys are pretty good, it's just a matter of knowing the whens and wheres.

__

Antic,

as for your statement, there's one big flaw in it. Smash is the only game that allows you to actually get by without knowing all your matchups by way of the counterpick system. It's the only game where the winner is, at times, allowed to switch his character.

So although in theory one has to know every matchup for their character, smash rules actually grant ways around it tha dont exist in any other fighting game. That being said, you cant really fault people for not wanting to learn certain matchups and opting to play other characters. That's how the rules have been made around the community.
**** this dumb game.

Sadly enough melee results are in before brawl.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Since Dogy forgot them- results for the melee tournament:

I didnt forget, I just wasnt about to be the one to come on here and be like "OMG LOOK AT ME." That's just not my style and you know it. >.>

I think Mike'n'Mike in the morning got 3rd, and PB&J'n'DDD got 4th. Tubes and RJ got 5th. I could be wrong, though.

Top Bottom