• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh goood sheezy Dogy!! It's a good thing I didn't come after all LOOOOOOOL

j/k Congrats my dude! FIGHT YOUR FATE!!!! NI-PA!!!!!

SleepyK is a beastly teammate too :)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
**** this dumb game.
Brawl is a prime example. Counterpicking Meta Knight basically ensures you can't get gayed by stage picks, and you cover basically 3/4th of the cast. Assuming you're good with him.

man, chris, I'm so sorry. I was so ready to go, and then suddenly it was only me and dan... and insufficient funds.

Vietgeek, why would you even suggest brawl+

no one wants to play that mess
Is this sarcasm? You didn't seem to have a problem with it when it first came out. <.<

Although this was months ago.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Hey guys, i really just want to get this out there because i'm seeing this happen way to often in tournament matches, especially in brawl matches.

If you find yourself playing against a character you have problems with, please try to learn the match up and learn the disadvantages of the match before switching to other characters. You'll find yourself learning how to play the character even more if you learn how to be safe with your character, how to correctly approach depending on who you're playing against, watching what your opponent does. Etc.

Of course, if you feel comfortable with how you play the game, you don't have to take my advice. Hell i do horribly in placings as of lately, so there's no real particular reason why anyone should even think about taking my advice, but i'm just calling it as i see it.

Continuing on however.

Perfect example. Dynomite i talked to you after you lost to player 1, and told you that you should go back to wario, he's your main, you'll do better. You commented saying that "he three stocked my wario last tourney" or something to that effect.

I checked the wario thread this morning, and come to find out wario v diddy kong is 55 : 45 -- 60 : 40 in wario's favor.

It even tells you how to play the match up. right under.

The problem is, you'll forever be "getting three stocked" by his diddy because you won't keep the character selection screen from saying meta knight. You can get a lot better at the game if you just stick with one person in my opinion, do some research, see what makes wario a good character against diddy. What's hard for Diddy to counter and use it to your advantage.

Albino

I remember i was really proud of you two months ago, when you got 9th at a tourney, completely destroying your last placing of 25th sticking with d3 the entire tourney. You lost your match against Octix and exclaimed that you would learn how to beat metaknight with your D3. I'm sure you're still trying to figure it out. However as of lately i've seen you take up more characters, diddy kong in particular. Because of a ROB matchup. Alby it's an annoying matchup, but when you play one character in particular, match ups will be that way with everyone you use, you have to learn how to take a disadvantage and make it unknown, it makes you a better player altogether.

Really it just makes the GA community weaker, we don't learn how to use our small amounts of advantages to get us to win, but instead we keep our disadvantages as minimal as possibly by using another character, without actually learning the character.

Because of this we'll all find ourselves one day playing a really good metaknight, and end up playing metaknight for the rest of our brawl career.
metaknight is a ***** matchup its true. but ive recently learned a few things ive been doing in the matchup that were incorrect i.e- not tilting my shield up *everytime*, throwing waddles, using ftilt *lol*, and not stopping tornado with dtilt,utilt.
i still enjoy the matchup more with diddy kong *easier* but ill go back to d3 when im confident with him =/ with ROB im sticking with d3 xD even though its frustrating like you said im not really gonna learn the matchup by switching characters.

@dogy- i suck at counter picking v_v

Player-1

Smash Legend
The problem is, you'll forever be "getting three stocked" by his diddy because you won't keep the character selection screen from saying meta knight. You can get a lot better at the game if you just stick with one person in my opinion, do some research, see what makes wario a good character against diddy. What's hard for Diddy to counter and use it to your advantage.
You just jump around the whole matchup and throw in some dairs, it's really annoying over wifi, I think I've had the timer run out with a Wario player because of this more than any other character -.-.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Brawl is a prime example. Counterpicking Meta Knight basically ensures you can't get gayed by stage picks, and you cover basically 3/4th of the cast. Assuming you're good with him.

Is this sarcasm? You didn't seem to have a problem with it when it first came out. <.<

Although this was months ago.
it's partially sarcasm.
When it came out i did say the things like "people have to hack brawl to make it playable"
I've also always said that brawl+ isn't fun or good. It's just like brawl in the sense that it's fun and exciting at first because there are new things to find out, but beyond the shiny new stuff it's just a gilded turd.

besides, i think you're probably the only person who has easy access to brawl + in the ga smash community.
having brawl+ would be like having a 3rd strike and sf4 tournament with the winners playing SF2turbo (or hd remix)
but someone would be pushing for the hacked version where guile can throw anyone from anywhere on the screen

edits:
thanks mike g.

Who wanted the blue controller?

jamaal if you missed my post your controller is dones.

oh, and as always, brawl sux, play melee, etc.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh goood sheezy Dogy!! It's a good thing I didn't come after all LOOOOOOOL

j/k Congrats my dude! FIGHT YOUR FATE!!!! NI-PA!!!!!

SleepyK is a beastly teammate too :)
That's what happens when I have one of my allies there with me! Wish Rena woulda showed up though! o_o (glare)

It's ok! I'll beat fate one day!

Ni-pa!!~~~

@dogy- i suck at counter picking v_v
The Art of Counterpicking
S**t still holds true to brawl.

If you need some help with it, him me up with a pm or profile message or something. I know enough about brawl to where I could help you out (and I guarantee I know alot more than I would be given credit for)

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I'll help anyone with any counter picking help they want... I like to think I'm pretty decent at counterpicking. Though that's partially because I have to know where other characters do poorly... ROB doesn't exactly have bad stages.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
that's not all there is to counterpicking, and that doesnt really help if you're playing against

1) a character that doesnt really have bad stages
2) a person who has characters to cover his main's "bad stages"

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. In the first situation you've just got to go with a comfort stage or somewhere a counter to character1 does really well. Maybe scare them into playing a character 2. For instance if I think someone is going to go MK against my ROB on my counterpick... I pick Halberd and if they do I go Snake. And yeah, for the second you have to kind of do the first... and of course for most characters you have "good stages" too. It's just more important for me to pick bad stages for my opponent than good stages for me... the benefits far out weigh in that situation.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I like taking people to Pokemon Stadium 1 because it allows me to outplay people with few real impediments on the normal sections, and the others break up the monotony.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah, Calvin makes me actually wanna play brawl for serious. Guy was doing melee-like stuff at FR lol

Dude Sleepy, We need o team up one of these days. I have shiek, you have marth. El Chocolate Diablo? eh EH?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
having brawl+ would be like having a 3rd strike and sf4 tournament with the winners playing SF2turbo (or hd remix)
but someone would be pushing for the hacked version where guile can throw anyone from anywhere on the screen
Hmm, Sleepy, that's sort of a shady comparison. First off Brawl+ would be treated like its own game. A side event or not, still its own game with its own tournament(s).

Since I don't regularly indulge myself in other fighting games and their respective communities, I don't understand the "Having 3rd strike & SF4 tourney w/ SF2 turbo or SF2 HD Remix being played by Winners. It seemed to me that in ICII, each SF [out at the time] had a separate tournament. Brawl+ would be the same. That's what we also do for Brawl and Melee, etc.

As for the last one, well, if it's one guy I'm doubtful anyone will rally to support him, especially over a hack that would make the game "dumber," which Brawl+ is supposedly not suppose to do. Although as with that, if there's a demand, I bet that hack could be made a side-event for any interested.

BigLou has Brawl+ as well. Other than that I suppose you're right, the process of getting Brawl+ is rather difficult (because apparently no one owns Twilight Princess Wii) and its following is too small atm.

I could say more but I'd like you to clarify some stuffz.

This is a wall of text no one will read. Play Melee?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i read and i would love to hack my wii but LOL WUTS TWILIGHT PRINCESS xD *i dont has it xD*
anybody willing to bring it to melee vs brawl <3

SleepyK

I couldn't think of a sf-type mod. I guess MUGEN would be the closest thing to Brawl+ I can think of.
SF4 is more like SF2 (heavy in the basics), which I guess can be paralleled to 64 (but inputs are easier), and 3rd strike has lots of technical things you can do. I guess it'd be paralleled to melee.
So imagine if we played 3rd and sf4 and the winners had to play MUGEN instead of SF2T or hd remix.
that's what brawl + would be.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yup it's too good. hopefully Dogy told you about ur character already lol

And Dr. Sleepy! Does super Wii work on 3.4 versions? I can't get it to work on mines :/

btw, does anyone play PSO on GC. I recently gotten back into it with Merc and a few other friends. let me know in the MMORPG thread in the gent's club

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I havent told anybody who they are. Kinda ruins the fun.

I mean hell, I still havent told alpha who he is. I think it'll be a while before he hits it. >.>

tubes

Smash Ace
I need to try brawl + out so I can judge it for myself but from what I've seen there's no real reason for me to play it. I'll just stick to melee. Unless they litterally turn brawl+ into melee 2 then what benefit is there to playing brawl+? more characters and stages? I already main Falcon and he's in all 3 games anyway and once you take out the banned stages I guess there might be like... 1 or 2 stages which might have a new trick and 3 or so new 3 platform or FD like stages. NOW WITH NEW PLATFORM HEIGHTS! I'll still try brawl+ because I can't honestly say its not as good as melee unless I've tried it but...I'm doubtful.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I need to try brawl + out so I can judge it for myself but from what I've seen there's no real reason for me to play it. I'll just stick to melee. Unless they litterally turn brawl+ into melee 2 then what benefit is there to playing brawl+? more characters and stages? I already main Falcon and he's in all 3 games anyway and once you take out the banned stages I guess there might be like... 1 or 2 stages which might have a new trick and 3 or so new 3 platform or FD like stages. NOW WITH NEW PLATFORM HEIGHTS! I'll still try brawl+ because I can't honestly say its not as good as melee unless I've tried it but...I'm doubtful.
Falcon is god tier in brawl plus

OmegaFujin (PGI)

Smash Cadet
So is anyone actually coming to WABA for Melee on Sunday, or is it even worth showing up? I saw somewhere about another big tourney on the same day in NC, but can't find it anymore to see if it was canceled or not.

Hopefully my post isn't simply ignored...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So is anyone actually coming to WABA for Melee on Sunday, or is it even worth showing up? I saw somewhere about another big tourney on the same day in NC, but can't find it anymore to see if it was canceled or not.

Hopefully my post isn't simply ignored...
I believe you are a day late sir. ._.

tubes

Smash Ace
Falcon is god tier in brawl plus
He's also god tier in like...every game he's in besides brawl. Your point?

@omegafujin: unfortunately your a day late but enough people do come to the melee monthlies to make it worth it. There's usually at least 10 of us who show up regularly. like 30+ people if Gawes makes a down south jukin' thread for it. I think we just need to make a separate thread for the melee friendlies with a cooler name.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
He's also god tier in like...every game he's in besides brawl. Your point?
He's telling you to just try it. I think. <_<

BigLou doesn't seem too good at explaining things...

he is pretty good at taking my money on a monthly basis though.

SleepyK

bikey g, i can downgrade it for you.
i haev teh skillz 4 u

also who am i?
i also only saw the last 4-6 eps but tong and elliot summed it up to me.

also mike, i still have my PSO for gc. Haven't touched it in years though

Top Bottom