• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!

HiIH

Smash Lord
Dogy said:
Man, you cant handle the most technical kirby in the nation.

-kirby dance-
FLEE!!
The kirby dance is only used on dreamland 64, when you can make Cody the Tree explode.

Any other use of the Kirby dance is an extreme misuse of Kirby, and will suddenly make him a bottom tier character.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The kirby dance is only used on dreamland 64, when you can make Cody the Tree explode.

Any other use of the Kirby dance is an extreme misuse of Kirby, and will suddenly make him a bottom tier character.
Cody... the tree... wow.

:mad:ALBAAAAAAAAAAAANY!!!!:mad:

there is no capitol f in my name
pfft, there's one in your sig.

RDK

Smash Hero
****ing straight out of ATL, stand up and fight.

Let's see that copy-pasta Falco versus GA's worst Sheik.

Smooth Criminal
Like a lamb to the slaughter, my friend.

After I've danced on your grave wearing the snakeskin boots I'll buy with the money from our matches, I'll go on to Dogy and Gimpy.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Why are people still playing Brawl? They need to stop that crap and come to this tournament. Also...

rabble rabble rabble

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
speaking of brawl.

If you havent seen or heard of the EVO rules for brawl yet; oh my god it's so bad.

Like, some people tried to get me to look at them, but i didnt bother cause if i go to evo it's gunna be for cvs2.

But after reading the rules, i actually feel very, very, sorry for anybody who was looking to play brawl.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=155899

It's sooooooooo dumb. XD

I dont care what anybody who goes to this tourney says; Brawlers dont deserve rules like that.

Ares726

Smash Ace
speaking of brawl.

If you havent seen or heard of the EVO rules for brawl yet; oh my god it's so bad.

Like, some people tried to get me to look at them, but i didnt bother cause if i go to evo it's gunna be for cvs2.

But after reading the rules, i actually feel very, very, sorry for anybody who was looking to play brawl.

It's sooooooooo dumb. XD

I dont care what anybody who goes to this tourney says; Brawlers dont deserve rules like that.
Ridiculous! As if Brawl didn't suck enough, EVO plays it 2 stock, custom stages, items, and no character+stage changes...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So lets have a moment of silence to mourn for the Brawl players as they attempt to salvage what is left of their big chance.

...Ok.

__

Melee.

Actually, Slam Dunk contest. Im so doing some NBA Street Dunks. It's gunna be nasty.

I just need to find a trampoline.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Trust EVO to mess up the one game series they don't understand (I was told SRK is where the EVO rules discussion goes down, correct me if I'm wrong).

Oh wellz. Ike + Items = win? *goes to attempt winning EVO* *trips* *is Sonic Final Smashed*

:(

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
speaking of brawl.

It's sooooooooo dumb. XD

EVO Rules said:
First game of a match to be played on Evo Custom Map. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.
Losing player can pick a new stage or new character, not both.
Winner keeps character (users of Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Shiek, and Pokemon Trainer are currently ALLOWED to change which character/mode they start in even after a win) but must select character/mode before other player has to choose stage/character.
2 Stock, 3 Min timer, 3/5 Games
Items on medium spawn.
Wow. Custom map, 2 stock, no character changes, no "terrain abuse," and items on medium? Who came up with these rules, f@ggot Q Scrubstein?

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
speaking of brawl.

It's sooooooooo dumb. XD

Didn't take a look at it yet... But without looking, I bet all of my Hypothetical money that Keits of SRK had a lot to do with this >.>

Trust EVO to mess up the one game series they don't understand (I was told SRK is where the EVO rules discussion goes down, correct me if I'm wrong).
:(
You would be correct. There are 4 heads of EVO, Tom Cannon, Tony Cannon, Seth Killian and Mr. Wizard. Those 4 are make the final decisions for EVO which are initially discussed at the SRK forums.

RDK

Smash Hero
SRK and EVO have always been a cesspool of a community. They're kind of like Nintendo--they like to screw themselves over a lot, and the new ruleset is a prime example.

Zone

Smash Champion
@Alternate275: Let's have a link ditto friendly set.

@Shai: I say we make a truce and if we fight again, lets not use green greens >.> if you remember what happened last time. Fox vs Marth @ G4S4 Pools.
*Zone waits on the left side* Shai *spams lasers*
=Zone doesn't want to run through lasers and be baited cuz Shai is crazy and can do retreated double short hop lazers.=
= Shai doesn't want to come through or over the blocks to be outprioritized/outspaced by a disjointed sword. >.>=

btw we should friendly. I want as much fox action as possible. So I can steal everyone's fox secrets and use them for myself Muhaha

-------
Plank - 10$ IronMan Match
Mog - 5$ 2/3 (??? vs ???)
Full Metal - 5$ 2/3 Fox vs Zelda.
Soft - 3.47$ 2/3 Falco vs Zelda.
Prac - 5$ 2/3 Anyone
IHSB - 5$ 2/3 Anyone
Iori: - 5$ 2/3 (Mewtwo vs Zelda)
Nite: - x2 5$ 2/3 Falco/Falcon vs Zelda
Marsfool - 1$ 2/3 Ganon vs Zelda
Nice1: - 5$ 2/3 Shiek vs Zelda (Exception)
Nicaboy: - 2$ 2/3 Luigi vs Zelda
DarkHat: - 5$ 2/3 anyone
BlackPanther: - 5$ 2/3 Anyone
HAT: - 5$ 2/3 Anyone
Eggz: 5$ Bowser vs Zelda.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
@Alternate275: Let's have a link ditto friendly set.

Sure thing <3
I'm down for a Link ditto friendly =3

----------------------------------------
PC Chris and Silent Wolf - $5 (If they show)
Skler - $1 Link Ditto
Gimpyfish - Link vs Bowser
Kage - Still lookin' for this guy >.>
Iori - Still gonna be used for his combo video >.>
JX - Casuals
IH - Casuals
Zone - Casuals

**All matches recorded and uploaded**

HiIH

Smash Lord
Zeus said:
yo albany!!!!!!!!!!!! give it up for slappy drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....randomness
^5 YAUS

SRK obviously has the best ruleset. We should adopt that ruleset for this tournament!

1 stock 30 second matches anyone?

Oh, and by the way, because it's in a game, according to Srk, it HAS to be used in a ruleset.

= O

Top Bottom