• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
^5 YAUS

SRK obviously has the best ruleset. We should adopt that ruleset for this tournament!

1 stock 30 second matches anyone?

Oh, and by the way, because it's in a game, according to SRK, it HAS to be used in a ruleset.

= O
Who's side are you on? >.>

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
@Alternate275: Let's have a link ditto friendly set.

@Shai: I say we make a truce and if we fight again, lets not use green greens >.> if you remember what happened last time. Fox vs Marth @ G4S4 Pools.
*Zone waits on the left side* Shai *spams lasers*
=Zone doesn't want to run through lasers and be baited cuz Shai is crazy and can do retreated double short hop lazers.=
= Shai doesn't want to come through or over the blocks to be outprioritized/outspaced by a disjointed sword. >.>=

btw we should friendly. I want as much fox action as possible. So I can steal everyone's fox secrets and use them for myself Muhaha
lol yeah I remember. I think I finally got bored and ran over there and got killed, right? lol.. I won't go Green Greens again I think I have better counterpicks now. But yeah I'm down for some friendlies or inexpensive money match

On EVO...did they not look at what we learned from Melee, at all? If Melee tournaments were run with EVO (Brawl) rules, no one would ever be able to beat Fox, ever. Ever. EVER. Counterpick to flat zone, laugh as your opponent can't change characters, waveshine off. Or counterpick to Hyrule, shoot lasers, run. Laugh at your slow *** opponent. Or hell, even without the ridiculous counterpicking rule, Fox can use items better than any other character. I'm going to laugh so hard when the finals at these tournaments come down to sudden death EVERY SINGLE MATCH because any good player will just stall if he's losing.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah I remember. I think I finally got bored and ran over there and got killed, right? lol.. I won't go Green Greens again I think I have better counterpicks now. But yeah I'm down for some friendlies or inexpensive money match

On EVO...did they not look at what we learned from Melee, at all? If Melee tournaments were run with EVO (Brawl) rules, no one would ever be able to beat Fox, ever. Ever. EVER. Counterpick to flat zone, laugh as your opponent can't change characters, waveshine off. Or counterpick to Hyrule, shoot lasers, run. Laugh at your slow *** opponent. Or hell, even without the ridiculous counterpicking rule, Fox can use items better than any other character. I'm going to laugh so hard when the finals at these tournaments come down to sudden death EVERY SINGLE MATCH because any good player will just stall if he's losing.
It's more than that. But there's also an interference factor, outside of characters being able to exploit stages to a great degree. What they seem to discredit is that items and interfering stages fluctuate the result of the battle. I would hate it for me to loose a fight just because a random bomb stopped me from a SHFFL Uair combo and/or otherwise. But the way some of them see it (I'm pointing my finger specifically at somebody from SRK, not mentioning any names), that we (the smash community) are "immature" and dissected any balance the game developers had attempted to throw in there.

Who else agrees with me that, that there is Bulls***?

I even had a brief discussion about it on Alphaism Radio. For those of you wanting to listen to it, here is the link:

http://www.plundered.net/bunkei/radioshow3-23-08.mp3

EDIT: Warning~ Other fighting game and miscellaneous stuff also discussed

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
@Alternate275
I want to play you, is Link your only char?
Oh sure thing, I'd love to match you <3
And no, I actually play a heavy assortment of random characters as well, next to Link, Fox, and Doc =P

EDIT: I especially enjoy playing with Roy and Zelda <3

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Oh sure thing, I'd love to match you <3
And no, I actually play a heavy assortment of random characters as well, next to Link, Fox, and Doc =P

EDIT: I especially enjoy playing with Roy and Zelda <3
Well I got Ganon, Falcon, Kirby, and Falco which gives me a bit of Fox skills.

Take your pick.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Ha! Prepare yourself then! Im ready for the dark triforce to win! Enjoy my Joker laugh!
Alright then, it's settled =P

----------------------------------------------------
PC Chris and Silent Wolf - $5 (If they show)
Skler - $1 Link Ditto
Gimpyfish - Link vs Bowser
Kage - Still lookin' for this guy >.>
Iori - Still gonna be used for his combo video >.>
JX - Casuals
IH - Casuals
Zone - Casuals
NIXN - Gannon vs Link Casuals

**All matches recorded and uploaded**

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Alright then, it's settled =P

----------------------------------------------------
PC Chris and Silent Wolf - $5 (If they show)
Skler - $1 Link Ditto
Gimpyfish - Link vs Bowser
Kage - Still lookin' for this guy >.>
Iori - Still gonna be used for his combo video >.>
JX - Casuals
IH - Casuals
Zone - Casuals
NIXN - Gannon vs Link Casuals
Lets add a Kirby vs Doc to this list.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Like seriously... I wasn't aware. I never really get to see the guy =/
And I am in need of a way to upload my vids now that my DVD recorder is shot D=

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Like seriously... I wasn't aware. I never really get to see the guy =/
And I am in need of a way to upload my vids now that my DVD recorder is shot D=
Wats wrong with it? I have fixed a good bit of vcrs an a couple of dvd players. I cant fix lazer eyes though.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Yes. Yes I do. In fact, I used to upload all GA's tourney videos. Until this awesome guy named SleepyK came along and was my friend. If you want to borrow it you can.

lol@me not being CDE. wtfkthnxbaibbq?!?!

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Yes I do. In fact, I used to upload all GA's tourney videos. Until this awesome guy named SleepyK came along and was my friend. If you want to borrow it you can.

lol@me not being CDE. wtfkthnxbaibbq?!?!
So anything recorded from the tourney goes where?

Ares726

Smash Ace
Do friendly matches mostly rely on other people to record?
Either IM or PM me about this so we don't have a conversation in the thread. Let's try to save it for posts that are relevant to the tourney GREATEST TOURNEY OF ALL TIME!!!

Melee, melee, melee, etc.

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
I believe this thread has turned into a NIXN and Alternate discussion about Link.
Well no bc I dont play Link, we talked about which chars we will fight with in a casual match, and my hate for the skills of IH that he wants to challenge too.

WHY MUST YOU BE SO GOOD AT THIS GAME IH?!

so I want to have a match against Dogy!

Top Bottom