• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRN

Smash Lord
I'll just talk to you in person Michael if you want to talk more about it. Its hard to get through to you sometimes about certain things :/. I'm just gonna do my thing and show you and everyone else why im amazing~

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I do not want to talk about it anymore. There's no point, it's been done. Plus, I was more than fair towards you in my post (you should prob re-read it) and I already asked you to "just do your thing"; I expect no less. And it's difficult to get through to me because I have an opinion which isn't a bad thing. Differing opinions is what makes the world interesting.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to Chas on being #1 in GA, and officially the #3 ZSS in the country!

And well...at least I'm not a random anymore :)

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
That was pretty cool Hunter, but even if I was unranked again, too many people would have heard of me thanks to SOMEONE. So...it wouldnt work anymore :( ;)

DRN

Smash Lord
And it's difficult to get through to me because I have an opinion which isn't a bad thing. Differing opinions is what makes the world interesting.
Thats not what i meant when i said its hard to get through to you lol.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I love GA, you guys are like my extended family =]

Congarts on chas on first, and everyone's improvements over the course of last year~

^_^

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Last month I applied and became a Smash Ambassador for this region. I wanted to wait till after Apex was finished for me to start looking at how the other ATL south states were doing. Right now I wanted to focus on you guys and AL since you guys are pretty close with eachother and you two are the closest to FL. I want to ask a couple questions your scene up here.

I'll just start with this. Which people would you guys say are the primary TOs for this state?

:rosalina:

DRN

Smash Lord
Last month I applied and became a Smash Ambassador for this region. I wanted to wait till after Apex was finished for me to start looking at how the other ATL south states were doing. Right now I wanted to focus on you guys and AL since you guys are pretty close with eachother and you two are the closest to FL. I want to ask a couple questions your scene up here.

I'll just start with this. Which people would you guys say are the primary TOs for this state?

Player-1 and Micaelis are currently the primary TOs.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
How do they coordinate their events? They each choose two weekends a month or do they take turns with a month event?

Do they live/host in the same region of the state or do they have venues in different areas?

DRN

Smash Lord
How do they coordinate their events? They each choose two weekends a month or do they take turns with a month event?

Do they live/host in the same region of the state or do they have venues in different areas?

In the past few months they have been taking turns hosting tournaments in the same venue but in the past they hosted at 2 different venues and just did their own events on different weekends in a month. Player-1 is getting a new venue soon so i believe we'll be switching to the old format again with 2 tournaments a month.

The tournaments are relatively in the same region of the state. Like half our state is flooded with smashers and the other half is dead for the most part.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ooh okay I see, That's nice. What about you? I had a lot of fun at BBC1 coming up with FL and that was a pretty big event too(You still have the hype vid in your sig xD). Did that event happen at one of the static venues?

I'm guessing the top half of the state is the more active part. You say it's flooded right? What kind of numbers do you guys typically pull in at events?

bleh I have a class starting soon, so I'll be disappearing for a couple hours. I'll probably continue then.

DRN

Smash Lord
Ooh okay I see, That's nice. What about you? I had a lot of fun at BBC1 coming up with FL and that was a pretty big event too. Did that event happen at one of the static venues?

I'm guessing the top half of the state is the more active part. You say it's flooded right? What kind of numbers do you guys pull in at events?

I plan to host more in the future at a different venue too. I'm trying to find a venue for a bigger tournament atm. BBC1 happened at a past venue. We no longer have it. Lol yea i just keep forgetting to change my sig. Someday BBC2 will come though!

Flooded was too strong of a word. I guess i meant when only compared to the other part of our state. We get around 20-40 on average for our brawl monthlies.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
okay I got ya lol

20-40 is not bad. What kind of advertising do you guys use for your events(if any)? Do you guys have any sort of incentives for newer players(or maybe ones you plan to try out)?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Flooded is like the worst word to use lol. We're dispersed through the outskirts of ATL metro (with a few people even further out). We've had other people plan for tournaments on days we've had our regular tournaments (Augusta, GA is one of them). We know there's people in Augusta, Macon, and inside that radius (1 - 2 hour drive), but we haven't been able (or at least tried yet) to pull them in.

DRN

Smash Lord
okay I got ya lol

20-40 is not bad. What kind of advertising do you guys use for your events(if any)? Do you guys have any sort of incentives for newer players(or maybe ones you plan to try out)?

We mainly only advertise on smashboards and on facebook. We currently dont have any sort of incentives that i can think of for new players.

@Scatz we've at least tried to pull them in but its always too long of a drive especially for more casual players. Also flooded isnt that bad of a word actually when compared to certain areas of the smash community.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Congratz new peeps. P3 imma going to take your spot as soon as I can go to events. I don't have much spending money and I don't want it all to go toward OOS tournaments.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm no incentives? There's a lot you guys could try bringing in newer people. What kind of fees do you guys typically have for events? Do you guys run pools or straight bracket?

There's a number ways you can get your event out there if you're up for it. I'm not saying to do this every time you guys have an event, but I think it would to be a good experiment to try in the future to see how well it would help your attendance. There's always a multitude of wifi players you can conver to offline by simply reaching out to them over AiB. You can make copies of your tournament listings on that site for them to find. I've seen it happen a dozen times. It's good that you use public Facebook listings though. What you can also try is using the AJC's website to make a listing for your events:

http://www.accessatlanta.com/atlanta-events/ It's pretty simple and again you can just copy listings and even link to your smashboards threads.

Another thing you guys could consider is a little physical advertisement like a poster. You can draw in crazy numbers by simply putting them in local schools/universities and games stores. One little incentive I've seen another region use is a 'new player discount' by giving new(keyword, the event has to be their first) players a discounted venue fee by bringing in a poster.

A lot of this might sound kind of meh to you, but I really think that you guys could experiment with it by choosing a date in the future and planning it all out. If you see success with this you guys can focus on consistency by doing things like running pools or amateur brackets to keep the newbies coming back.

I can help you guys get sponsors for your events, but consistency in numbers is a key. A last and reallly good thing you can try is reaching out to local conventions(anime and electronics). Things like those are gold mines and can easily net you great attendance and sponsors. I know Atlanta is a big city so the should be some sort of events like these you could try taking advantage of. I can help you guys reach out to the con organizers so that they can let you run events for them. Once this happens this will make getting sponsors much easier and in tern this can net you guys decent OoS attendance as well.

I want to help you guys out anyway I can. I have influences you guys can use to grow your events(tournament stickies another thing I can help with).

DRN

Smash Lord
Thanks and the current venue we're using isnt 100% in our control. We only control the pot fee not the venue fee. I'll be sure to contact you in the near future too to ask questions.

We tried AIB and still have a georgia group there to help update people in GA on whats going on. We also have tried to contact a lot of wifi georgia players and most of them have given us the answer that they only want to stick to wifi :/. I'll def try AJC's website though and see if we attract anyone new.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
hahaha I see, well the good thing was at least you tried reaching out to 'em. Hmm, what are the typical fees for an event? Also the poster idea might sound unattractive, but leaving them in game stores at the very least would give you something.

Anyway please feel free to contact me in future. I'd be happy to help with any event you guys have in mind.

FourTy

Smash Cadet
Congratz new peeps. P3 imma going to take your spot as soon as I can go to events. I don't have much spending money and I don't want it all to go toward OOS tournaments.
HiChez, you won't get the chance to take his spot. I WILL get better than you! this year.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
I feel like we should pull kids from colleges who play! There r tons of ppl who play at gsu, uga, tech, aia, etc. Im pretty sure 2/10 will stay at the least.

:phone:

DRN

Smash Lord
hahaha I see, well the good thing was at least you tried reaching out to 'em. Hmm, what are the typical fees for an event? Also the poster idea might sound unattractive, but leaving them in game stores at the very least would give you something.

Anyway please feel free to contact me in future. I'd be happy to help with any event you guys have in mind.

We usually charge $10 for singles/doubles and then the venue owner charges $5 i believe. We do pools if we have 30+ usually. Poster Idea doesnt sound that bad actually. We just have to find places that we would be able to leave them at.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
outside/nearby gaming stores and schools/unis would be best. If you have people that live on dorms they could put them up on a bulletin board. You don't have to make many, just enough for people to see them.

Player-1

Smash Legend
We usually charge $10 for singles/doubles and then the venue owner charges $5 i believe. We do pools if we have 30+ usually. Poster Idea doesnt sound that bad actually. We just have to find places that we would be able to leave them at.
wtf are you talking about. We have pools at like every tournament we have. I've had pools at my tournaments for the past 7 months ranging from 9 to like 25 players or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom