• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's where you come in handy. I can't do low tiers anymore. I do so much better with lower tiers.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Huggles gonna get Link on that PR list one of these days.

Also, Georgia can't possibly be G tier since that's only reserved for the single worst spot; SC takes the G tier spot because I'm the best player in state since I'm the only player in state :troll:(afaik Ryanarius is the only other player and he's gone, and ESAM's not getting here 'til August).

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't get why people are going on about how OoS always comes to our tournaments and wreck us. FYI, it's only seibrik that consistently outplaces us, and there's no shame in that. Seibrik is a top level player in the nation and one of the best MKs out there. Looking at BBC, Seibrik, M2K, and Kingtoon all outplaced us. Nothing wrong with losing to M2K and Seibrik, just because we lose to them it doesn't make us bad...KT didn't even play any people in GA in bracket, I was the only GA player to play him in tournament (pools) except for maybe a random or 2. Then looking back at Siege; seibrik and Ally outplaced us, still nothing wrong with that. And the one before that was the Halloween Bash with Seibrik beating Kismet in GFs. The other FL player there was Nick Riddle (a top player, even at the time) and Kismet beat him (bad MU though). In case you guys didn't realize most states that M2K, Ally, and Seibrik go to get wrecked by them. Just sayin'.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't get why people are going on about how OoS always comes to our tournaments and wreck us. FYI, it's only seibrik that consistently outplaces us, and there's no shame in that. Seibrik is a top level player in the nation and one of the best MKs out there. Looking at BBC, Seibrik, M2K, and Kingtoon all outplaced us. Nothing wrong with losing to M2K and Seibrik, just because we lose to them it doesn't make us bad...KT didn't even play any people in GA in bracket, I was the only GA player to play him in tournament (pools) except for maybe a random or 2. Then looking back at Siege; seibrik and Ally outplaced us, still nothing wrong with that. And the one before that was the Halloween Bash with Seibrik beating Kismet in GFs. The other FL player there was Nick Riddle (a top player, even at the time) and Kismet beat him (bad MU though). In case you guys didn't realize most states that M2K, Ally, and Seibrik go to get wrecked by them. Just sayin'.

I understand what you're saying and you make valid points about our states bests, but it's not just about that. lol

When it comes to OoS tourney's our PR'd players will lose or fail to outplace other PR'd or unranked players from other states. Our same PR members that have either taken a game or won a set from our bests. For example, at Siege BMX placed 9th and he usually places like 13-27th in MD/VA. He's not ranked and just came for the ride, but expected to break Top 10 in a 100 person GA tourney. Though, BBC had both Seibrik and MVD there, the rest of FL placed pretty well in our state. Radix unranked beat Chas, I didn't even make it out of pools, and GDX beat Kismet. I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, but those are the facts you have to face when it comes to stronger states. They'll bring that **** up all the time.

Player-1 you've seen that on AIB I'm sure. There'll be a blog about GA and someone from NE will be like "oh but BC b3ated you gai Kismet who was the b3st in ur state @ dah time" It's ****ing annoying but true. Nobody acknowledges our states accomplishments because of our national dominance in tourneys and how bad we protect homecourt. Kismet's done some amazing things with Falco to SFL and like all that goes out the window to people lol. And even if it doesn't, there's still 9 other people on the PR. And only 2 of them are looked @ as in state and out state threats until we do the same they do here.

DRN

Smash Lord
I understand what you're saying and you make valid points about our states bests, but it's not just about that. lol

When it comes to OoS tourney's our PR'd players will lose or fail to outplace other PR'd or unranked players from other states. Our same PR members that have either taken a game or won a set from our bests. For example, at Siege BMX placed 9th and he usually places like 13-27th in MD/VA. He's not ranked and just came for the ride, but expected to break Top 10 in a 100 person GA tourney. Though, BBC had both Seibrik and MVD there, the rest of FL placed pretty well in our state. Radix unranked beat Chas, I didn't even make it out of pools, and GDX beat Kismet. I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, but those are the facts you have to face when it comes to stronger states. They'll bring that **** up all the time.

Player-1 you've seen that on AIB I'm sure. There'll be a blog about GA and someone from NE will be like "oh but BC b3ated you gai Kismet who was the b3st in ur state @ dah time" It's ****ing annoying but true. Nobody acknowledges our states accomplishments because of our national dominance in tourneys and how bad we protect homecourt. Kismet's done some amazing things with Falco to SFL and like all that goes out the window to people lol. And even if it doesn't, there's still 9 other people on the PR. And only 2 of them are looked @ as in state and out state threats until we do the same they do here.
Lol yea i lost to radix but i ****ing hate diddy kong. I literally lose to every diddy kong i play. I mentally **** myself over for some reason because of Lounis. I hesitate to much in that match up and restrict myself because im to afraid to get punished for everything i do. This isnt to take away his win of course since i still lost in the end but its how i feel. I get scraped by Lounis so badly now that im afraid to vs other diddys lol. Well i used to be till recently.....

Also why does it matter what people say about our state? Nothing is really going to change no matter what we do because of the permanent reputation of GA. Our reputation was already built in before anyone started playing lol. Just like the reputation for NY/NJ/SoCal/ect was built in for them and everyone just knew they were good.

**** Diddy though

Player-1

Smash Legend
BMX actually got 13th, I beat him and I had to leave so gave him the win after I already beat him and he lost to NL the very next round so he basically got 13th, if he had beaten NL then I would have given him that higher placement since it'd be unfair at that point.

4god took a game off of seibrik at the Halloween bash and seibrik said he was impressed with him and he's not even ranked. He's also gone to a few FL tournaments and done well.

I beat GDX, it doesn't really add to my argument, but just saying that not all of our ranks are losing to unranked players.

BigLou got 8th at MLG beating Mikehaze twice and Atomsk. He did fairly well at other MLGs, but yes he did lose to a few low ranked/unranked players from other regions. He beat Trela, Krystedez, and YBM are the most notable people I can think of. He's beaten SK92 and Larry in MMs. BigLou also beat MVD

Billy has beaten Logic and Orion (probably done more stuff, but those are the most notable things I can think of)

Reflex has beaten logic as well and NL

Micaelis has also beaten GDX.

Chas has beaten Stingers

Me, BigLou, Kismet, and Reflex have all beaten Kadaj

The rest of us haven't done much OoS considering the rest of us hardly travel OoS

DRN

Smash Lord
BMX actually got 13th, I beat him and I had to leave so gave him the win after I already beat him and he lost to NL the very next round so he basically got 13th, if he had beaten NL then I would have given him that higher placement since it'd be unfair at that point.

4god took a game off of seibrik at the Halloween bash and seibrik said he was impressed with him and he's not even ranked. He's also gone to a few FL tournaments and done well.

I beat GDX, it doesn't really add to my argument, but just saying that not all of our ranks are losing to unranked players.

BigLou got 8th at MLG beating Mikehaze twice and Atomsk. He did fairly well at other MLGs, but yes he did lose to a few low ranked/unranked players from other regions. He beat Trela, Krystedez, and YBM are the most notable people I can think of. He's beaten SK92 and Larry in MMs. BigLou also beat MVD

Billy has beaten Logic and Orion (probably done more stuff, but those are the most notable things I can think of)

Reflex has beaten logic as well and NL

Micaelis has also beaten GDX.

Chas has beaten Stingers

Me, BigLou, Kismet, and Reflex have all beaten Kadaj

The rest of us haven't done much OoS considering the rest of us hardly travel OoS
Scatt/Elev8 also beat kadaj before.

Micaelis beat Stingers at G6-2

Lounis beat Anti in a mm at Apex2010

Scatz

Smash Champion
The only losses i remember from big tourneys were mainly notable players of each state. First OoS I went to was in NC and I lost to Logic and Ragnorok (both ranked). At halloween bash, I just got swamped in pools, losing to mostly ranked players (Nick Riddle, Dan [can't remember his name]) and to I believe one unranked player. Lastly, at Siege, I lost to Ninjalink and to George. Both ranked players.

During my time, I've held my end in terms to who I've lost to lol. I may not have gotten the placements, but I lost to really good players.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I understand.

That's one thing I keep telling people about our state. Regionally were very good, but people only want to see what they like and that's their state most of the time. Chas was right our rep. in this community was **** on from the start lol.

Really P-1 our achievements are good, or good enough to keep from calling us free, but it's the consistency of it that matters I feel.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Well, yeah our rep sucked *** in the beginning. No one traveled anywhere in the beginning except for Lou & Kismet afaik. Then more of us started to travel with them, and we all got a few good moments (save for me). I'm probably the weakest in the OoS rep cause I don't beat ranked players, but barely lose to unranked. We have more people coming up, but they're gonna have to travel to get more experience so that they can handle the pressure some of us have been through.

We're currently an average state, but we're at least coming up with a few stronger players now. No need to rush it so much when there's not much that can be done about it (aka parent and money factors).

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I just turned 16, so I'm intent on starting OoS activity for myself offline. I'm also going to get my learner's permit, and driving lessons come soon, but I'm looking to start helping people get to tourneys and such to help our scene's activity.

Player-1

Smash Legend
what have we done that's inconsistent?

We're consistently losing to seibrik and beating every other OoSer that comes here more than once.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
what have we done that's inconsistent?

We're consistently losing to seibrik and beating every other OoSer that comes here more than once.
Nah, we're learning FL more and more since we seem to see them the most, next to NC and AL. Losing to Seibrik but beating every other OoS player counts as positive consistency?

Edit: Sleepy K just killed it, like, you don't even know. This guy too good.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't even know what that sentence means. WTF is positive consistency? We were discussing consistency vs inconsistency. We're consistently losing to seibrik but beating every other OoS player that comes here regularly. How is that not consistent?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
k guys

Less "We're losing to good players, it's okay" and more "We may be losing to good players, but we're going to wreck their **** next time we play them."

Instead of consistently losing to good players, you guys should consistently help each other by doing your best to work on your character's advancement.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't even know what that sentence means. WTF is positive consistency? We were discussing consistency vs inconsistency. We're consistently losing to seibrik but beating every other OoS player that comes here regularly. How is that not consistent?
If we're that "consistent" in losing to Seibrik, how is that an ongoing achievement by any merit? Losing to Seibrik consistently is not something we should brush off. If we're really beating every other OoS that has an acknowledge-able attendance at our tourneys, then we should progress onward.

k guys

Less "We're losing to good players, it's okay" and more "We may be losing to good players, but we're going to wreck their **** next time we play them."

Instead of consistently losing to good players, you guys should consistently help each other by doing your best to work on your character's advancement.
Okay.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
k guys

This is what I'm saying.

P-1 do you think it's safe to say GA and FL are rivals then? Because if we are they're clearly winning.

Our PR compared to there's isn't as good. They're PR'd Players out place ours not just OoS and in state bout Out of Region (OoR). I get it they're older than us so they can travel but that's also why they're better. Just saying.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You have to also notice, some of them live closer to each other than we do, and since they're older, they can travel more (and sometimes pay more) to get more practice/to go to more tourneys. Of course we need to practice more, but under the current circumstances we have, how are you going to get people to practice more (and travel more since we're slightly more spread out)?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So that means you can't get better....I'm missing something bro?
Nah, that's spot on, brony.

You have to also notice, some of them live closer to each other than we do, and since they're older, they can travel more (and sometimes pay more) to get more practice/to go to more tourneys. Of course we need to practice more, but under the current circumstances we have, how are you going to get people to practice more (and travel more since we're slightly more spread out)?
Lol this. Rather than opening up to MK, let's open up to integrating Wifi and offline in coexistence. Diversity is awesome.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If we're that "consistent" in losing to Seibrik, how is that an ongoing achievement by any merit? Losing to Seibrik consistently is not something we should brush off. If we're really beating every other OoS that has an acknowledge-able attendance at our tourneys, then we should progress onward.

Okay.
I never said it was an achievement...?I never said we should brush it off...?I'm just saying that just because we lose to seibrik every time he comes here it doesn't mean we're bad lol.

This is what I'm saying.

P-1 do you think it's safe to say GA and FL are rivals then? Because if we are they're clearly winning.

Our PR compared to there's isn't as good. They're PR'd Players out place ours not just OoS and in state bout Out of Region (OoR). I get it they're older than us so they can travel but that's also why they're better. Just saying.
I'd say it's safe to say we're rivals in our region. I never said they weren't winning...? I don't know what you guys are even arguing about. The only thing I am saying here is that there is no evidence, no proof, no support that we are a bad state and just because we lose to good players doesn't make us bad ones.

edit: also zatch, I got good off of playing wifi.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I never said it was an achievement...?I never said we should brush it off...?I'm just saying that just because we lose to seibrik every time he comes here it doesn't mean we're bad lol.
We're not bad. At least I don't think we're bad. Or should I hope? Anyway, the fact that we lose to Seibrik consistently is not good. To my knowledge, Biglou has beaten Seibrik. We're good.

I suck and I've been playing Wifi for over two years now. That's a personal problem.

milesg2g

Smash Champion

I'd say it's safe to say we're rivals in our region. I never said they weren't winning...? I don't know what you guys are even arguing about. The only thing I am saying here is that there is no evidence, no proof, no support that we are a bad state and just because we lose to good players doesn't make us bad ones.

Player-1 I'm not arguing lol. I'm just trying to point out the stuff other people see that's "bad" about our state.

Tbh, I see our state being amongst other ok states like NE,GA,MI,Norcal, and so on.

Player-1

Smash Legend
BigLou hasn't beaten seibrik to my knowledge...

And miles...you say one thing and I say something that opposes that thing then you disagree with it = arguing

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Biglou has beaten Seibrik. MI is much better than okay in many aspects, lol.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom