• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Theories? What are you talking about? P3 isn't a random if he's PRed and it's an important match if he's playing anyone PRed.

DRN

Smash Lord
Theories? What are you talking about? P3 isn't a random if he's PRed and it's an important match if he's playing anyone PRed.
But he wasnt at the time so it wasnt an important match. Being "close" still doesnt give him credit as important. No offense to him of course. I mean its like if i beat scatz or alby now it wouldnt be an important win even though they are close and were once PR'd. I was saying theories since u said "if he HAD lost then it would have hurt him." Thing is he didnt lose and he won.

Player-1

Smash Legend
But he wasnt at the time so it wasnt an important match. Being "close" still doesnt give him credit as important. No offense to him of course. I mean its like if i beat scatz or alby now it wouldnt be an important win even though they are close and were once PR'd. I was saying theories since u said "if he HAD lost then it would have hurt him." Thing is he didnt lose and he won.
just because they're not PRed doesn't mean they aren't important matches, as long as they're not random scrubs then it's still considered important. P3 beat Dyno in a $1 MM with falcon against wario (dyno also beat P3) so was there still some sort of decent chance of beating his wario? yes. I guess we should just throw out any wins over 4god, ice, and McP next time when we're deciding PRs since they're not PRed anymore. You're attributing that statement of mine to the wrong thing, I said that because dyno said that it didn't help him get 6th on the PR when it did, it helped him not lose to P3...

DRN

Smash Lord
just because they're not PRed doesn't mean they aren't important matches, as long as they're not random scrubs then it's still considered important. P3 beat Dyno in a $1 MM with falcon against wario (dyno also beat P3) so was there still some sort of decent chance of beating his wario? yes. I guess we should just throw out any wins over 4god, ice, and McP next time when we're deciding PRs since they're not PRed anymore. You're attributing that statement of mine to the wrong thing, I said that because dyno said that it didn't help him get 6th on the PR when it did, it helped him not lose to P3...
He could have went someone else against P3 to beat his falcon. Just because he lost w/ his wario does not mean he would have lost w/ his Olimar or heck maybe even his Toon Link. I would def put money on Dyno's extras against P-3's falcon. Also when have we ever brought up Mc PP or Ice as big wins(ice/Mc PP were never Pr'd anyway. They were just considered for this one)? Just because someone has been coming to tourneys for a while does not make them not a "random". Once 4God comes back if anyone loses to him it will actually look worse on them then if they had lost to anyone else on the PR which is exactly what it means to be a random. It doesnt matter if they have the potential to be on it. The fact is that they arent on it which is what counts. If we were really going to say "i beat a non-PR'd person w/ ____ so they helped me get where i am" then we can add Marth, Wario, and Luigi to my name, Ness to Miles, CF to P-3, Toonlink and mk to dyno, Luigi to Lounis, Falco to calvin, DDD to Micaelis, Ect ect ect. Even though all those characters are pointless and were used for fun and not for serious matches who knows what would have happened if we had used our normal characters. Maybe we would have lost?

In short Our list is fine unless you want to add a bunch of unnecessary characters to everyone off of the theory that "who knows what would have happened if we had used our real characters."

Player-1

Smash Legend
He could have went someone else against P3 to beat his falcon. Just because he lost w/ his wario does not mean he would have lost w/ his Olimar or heck maybe even his Toon Link. I would def put money on Dyno's extras against P-3's falcon. Also when have we ever brought up Mc PP or Ice as big wins(ice/Mc PP were never Pr'd anyway. They were just considered for this one)? Just because someone has been coming to tourneys for a while does not make them not a "random". Once 4God comes back if anyone loses to him it will actually look worse on them then if they had lost to anyone else on the PR which is exactly what it means to be a random. It doesnt matter if they have the potential to be on it. The fact is that they arent on it which is what counts. If we were really going to say "i beat a non-PR'd person w/ ____ so they helped me get where i am" then we can add Marth, Wario, and Luigi to my name, Ness to Miles, CF to P-3, Toonlink and mk to dyno, Luigi to Lounis, Falco to calvin, DDD to Micaelis, Ect ect ect. Even though all those characters are pointless and were used for fun and not for serious matches who knows what would have happened if we had used our normal characters. Maybe we would have lost?

In short Our list is fine unless you want to add a bunch of unnecessary characters to everyone off of the theory that "who knows what would have happened if we had used our real characters."
the fact that dyno's other characters can beat P3's falcon is irrelevant because he didn't beat p3's falcon with it, he beat p3's marth with MK. And yes, actually, randoms are people who don't come to tournaments often and aren't involved in the community hence the name random...We're talking about people in our community that obviously have talent when compared to the rest, that's when you count characters. P3, Miles, neo x, saltix, etc. are all people who fit that category and wins against them do matter. I guess that list you made with all of the wins wasn't irrelevant when it came to PR members beating non-PRed members so why even both listing them?

DRN

Smash Lord
the fact that dyno's other characters can beat P3's falcon is irrelevant because he didn't beat p3's falcon with it, he beat p3's marth with MK. And yes, actually, randoms are people who don't come to tournaments often and aren't involved in the community hence the name random...We're talking about people in our community that obviously have talent when compared to the rest, that's when you count characters. P3, Miles, neo x, saltix, etc. are all people who fit that category and wins against them do matter. I guess that list you made with all of the wins wasn't irrelevant when it came to PR members beating non-PRed members so why even both listing them?
I listed them to show that the people on the PR dont lose to them. I also said before that i was going to list ALL wins no matter who. If your saying randoms are people who dont show up to tourneys often then in reality Mc PP, Saltix, Miles, and even P-3 can be considered randoms. Before this season none of them showed up often at all. Before SALT player-3 just stuck to melee and never entered brawl when he came. Just because we know their names does not make them an important win. If Yiff came back and someone beat him would it be considered important because he used to show up a lot? Heck No.

You said before that if Dyno had gone wario he could have lost. Now your saying that none of his other characters matter since he did go mk in the end and thats exactly what i said before when u said his wario could have lost..... In the end he didnt lose and no offense to P-3 but i really dont see anyone from me to lower a threat to anyone else on the PR. Our PR is extremely weak this season IMO compared to our past seasons. Juussssstt saaaayyyiiiiinnnn and im including myself in the weak side since i've been sucking lately.

O ya and unless you include Player-3 making troll posts you cant really say he was that involved in our community even on the boards.

@Scatz- <3 but im saying how i feel and see people.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You want a character to be counted?

Use a character every time you play a specific matchup or person, and WIN that specific matchup with some consistency. The only reason I was allowed to put, say, Lucas, next to my name on earlier PRs is because I was able to -beat good people regularly- with the character. If your secondary isn't really shaping the metagame, then it probably shouldn't be credited in your list of accomplishments.

Dyno used Olimar to beat 4GOD and my older brother, both of whom are high-level players, and both of whom use Dedede with some regularity. Even if the matchup didn't always turn out that way (I imagine my older brother probably switched), it was the safest option for Dyno as a result of the mere threat of Dedede, and, in my head, that validates putting Olimar next to his name.

Explain why that character deserves to be next to your name, and perhaps the list will be changed. "I like using Ganon against unranked people I would beat anyway" doesn't mean that you get to put Ganondorf next to your name.

DRN

Smash Lord
You want a character to be counted?

Use a character every time you play a specific matchup or person, and WIN that specific matchup with some consistency. The only reason I was allowed to put, say, Lucas, next to my name on earlier PRs is because I was able to -beat good people regularly- with the character. If your secondary isn't really shaping the metagame, then it probably shouldn't be credited in your list of accomplishments.

Dyno used Olimar to beat 4GOD and my older brother, both of whom are high-level players, and both of whom use Dedede with some regularity. Even if the matchup didn't always turn out that way (I imagine my older brother probably switched), it was the safest option for Dyno as a result of the mere threat of Dedede, and, in my head, that validates putting Olimar next to his name.

Explain why that character deserves to be next to your name, and perhaps the list will be changed. "I like using Ganon against people I would beat anyway" doesn't mean that you get to put Ganondorf next to your name.
He wanted Mk on dynos name because dyno used him once against P-3 and we somehow sidetracked into a discussion of Dyno vs P-3 being important lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The gap between #6 and #7 isn't really about who beat who, so much as DRN's inconsistency issues. One set against #10 wouldn't change those positions (though it might make a case for moving up P-3 if P-3 had won, but that didn't happen). I don't think having Meta Knight next to Dyno's name is all that necessary. Unless he starts going Meta Knight with any sort of regularity (rather than on one game in the entire PR season), it's not worth putting up, or we'd start having PR lists with three or four characters next to every name. :/

EDIT: I fixed your tag in the OP, Chas.

DRN

Smash Lord
The gap between #6 and #7 isn't really about who beat who, so much as DRN's inconsistency issues. One set against #10 wouldn't change those positions (though it might make a case for moving up P-3 if P-3 had won, but that didn't happen). I don't think having Meta Knight next to Dyno's name is all that necessary. Unless he starts going Meta Knight with any sort of regularity (rather than on one game in the entire PR season), it's not worth putting up, or we'd start having PR lists with three or four characters next to every name. :/

EDIT: I fixed your tag in the OP, Chas.
O and i wasnt trying to raise myself lol. I believe i am in the right spot if not a little higher then i thought.

We just had a pointless argument like we usually do on the boards for some reason <3 lol

Thx for the change ;D

Player-1

Smash Legend
I listed them to show that the people on the PR dont lose to them. I also said before that i was going to list ALL wins no matter who. If your saying randoms are people who dont show up to tourneys often then in reality Mc PP, Saltix, Miles, and even P-3 can be considered randoms. Before this season none of them showed up often at all. Before SALT player-3 just stuck to melee and never entered brawl when he came. Just because we know their names does not make them an important win. If Yiff came back and someone beat him would it be considered important because he used to show up a lot? Heck No.

You said before that if Dyno had gone wario he could have lost. Now your saying that none of his other characters matter since he did go mk in the end and thats exactly what i said before when u said his wario could have lost..... In the end he didnt lose and no offense to P-3 but i really dont see anyone from me to lower a threat to anyone else on the PR. Our PR is extremely weak this season IMO compared to our past seasons. Juussssstt saaaayyyiiiiinnnn and im including myself in the weak side since i've been sucking lately.

O ya and unless you include Player-3 making troll posts you cant really say he was that involved in our community even on the boards.

@Scatz- <3 but im saying how i feel and see people.
you took my words out of context, I said also those that aren't involved in the community. And wtf are you talking about, P3 hasn't entered that many melee tournaments. I'm not just talking about the GA community, I'm talking about the smash community as a whole. Even AiB wifi players that have never came to a tournament I wouldn't consider randoms, just wifi scubs...Randoms are random people than randomly decide to come to this one random tournament hence RANDOM. I also said a win should count as long as they show talent relative to the rest of the GA community. You're not understanding what I'm saying about the whole character select thing. I'm saying since MK increased his chances of winning the set against P3 that it helped him win the set. He didn't go any of the other characters, he chose MK, so they're irrelevant. Also, there's no evidence that P3 would have lost falcon vs other of dyno's chars like there was with marth/falcon vs wario/mk (actually I seriously doubt he would have went falcon if dyno chose olimar or toon link, only Wario), if dyno did win with those characters against P3 then sure it'd be a step toward putting that character on the list, but he didn't so it's irrelevant. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, what matters is what you can back up on facts. The fact that P3 is talented compared to the GA community makes him a threat no matter regardless of your opinion. P3 beat Reflex and Billy in a set and you still don't think he is a threat? Lolz. I wouldn't be that surprised if P3 beat me in a set since he knows my playstyle and stuff so he's a threat to me. You said people below you aren't a threat? That includes people that aren't on the PR. I guess 4God isn't a threat to anyone on the PR, I guess Ice isn't a threat to anyone on the PR, I guess McP isn't a threat to anyone on the PR. The sheer act of saying that wins against 4god don't count because he isn't PRed is completely ridiculous. If Dyno plays 4god in like every tournament this next season and loses the first 2 sets with wario and wisn the rest of the sets with olimar I guess we shouldn't count olimar for him should we?

He wanted Mk on dynos name because dyno used him once against P-3 and we somehow sidetracked into a discussion of Dyno vs P-3 being important lol.
Yeah, I'm not trying to argue that MK should be next to dynos name anymore (I was because Chas had only given me 2 examples of a dyno using olimar one of which he lost so I was just using the same logic, I didn't necessarily agree with that logic though, I was just trying to be consistent in the logic). Also, MK should be taken off of P3's name. He only used him in like 3 games of singles one of which he lost

Saltix

Smash Lord
I aint a random, ive been competiting in GA smash since 06
and ive been playing brawl competively since the first tournament waba had for it MARCH 29TH 2008,

:falco: "don't try me"

DRN

Smash Lord
you took my words out of context, I said also those that aren't involved in the community. And wtf are you talking about, P3 hasn't entered that many melee tournaments. I'm not just talking about the GA community, I'm talking about the smash community as a whole. Even AiB wifi players that have never came to a tournament I wouldn't consider randoms, just wifi scubs...Randoms are random people than randomly decide to come to this one random tournament hence RANDOM. I also said a win should count as long as they show talent relative to the rest of the GA community. You're not understanding what I'm saying about the whole character select thing. I'm saying since MK increased his chances of winning the set against P3 that it helped him win the set. He didn't go any of the other characters, he chose MK, so they're irrelevant. Also, there's no evidence that P3 would have lost falcon vs other of dyno's chars like there was with marth/falcon vs wario/mk (actually I seriously doubt he would have went falcon if dyno chose olimar or toon link, only Wario), if dyno did win with those characters against P3 then sure it'd be a step toward putting that character on the list, but he didn't so it's irrelevant. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, what matters is what you can back up on facts. The fact that P3 is talented compared to the GA community makes him a threat no matter regardless of your opinion. P3 beat Reflex and Billy in a set and you still don't think he is a threat? Lolz. I wouldn't be that surprised if P3 beat me in a set since he knows my playstyle and stuff so he's a threat to me. You said people below you aren't a threat? That includes people that aren't on the PR. I guess 4God isn't a threat to anyone on the PR, I guess Ice isn't a threat to anyone on the PR, I guess McP isn't a threat to anyone on the PR. The sheer act of saying that wins against 4god don't count because he isn't PRed is completely ridiculous. If Dyno plays 4god in like every tournament this next season and loses the first 2 sets with wario and wisn the rest of the sets with olimar I guess we shouldn't count olimar for him should we?
I wasnt taking what you said out of context. Actually you were just contradicting yourself about what randoms were and you just did it again. You named randoms as people who dont show up to tourneys often and that arent that involved in our community but you just now said that they were people that dont show up at all
randoms are people who don't come to tournaments often and aren't involved in the community hence the name random...
^^^ What you said and what i've been talking about....^^^

I also never said that we should ignore any wins a person has. I mean heck why else would i make a list of every single win everyone has if i didnt think they shouldnt count? I did say that not all wins are IMPORTANT though because they arent. You are not really using facts either but theories. You brought up a $1 mm but seriously have you ever talked to dyno before? He always loses $1 mm to anyone who takes them seriously because he doesnt camp so i'd rather not count that match as much but if you think $1 is something super serious then go ahead and use that as evidence. You said Player-3 would not have used Falcon against Dyno if he used his other characters but Dyno would have also not let Player-3 use his falcon only against his wario. If dyno was actually worried about Player-3 he would have double blinded the first round like he did to Raf the same tourney to prevent him from knowing his character choice. I still think Player-3 and everyone else under me including 4God is not a threat to the ones above me IMO. ITS ALL IMO LIKE I SAID. Although 4God could beat Dyno if he continues to try wario on neutrals. But yea i hate to repeat myself but you misread what i said before. Everyone from 7-999 in our state are not really much of a threat to 1-6 with the exception of 4God vs Dyno IMO. I wasnt just talking about our whole PR vs anyone else in our state. O ya and like you said yourself. Your opinion doesnt matter if you dont have strong facts. $1 mms dont count for the PR for a reason. I always saw Player-3 as a random before but now i dont because he made his way on the PR but i still dont consider him a threat to the upper half of our. I mean no offense of course. He did beat Billy and Reflex but thats AL

I never said Player-3 entered that many melee tourneys. I said that he stopped showing up to tourneys for quite a while and when he actually did come to tourneys he ended up entering melee. Of course this changed this season and he decided to come back to brawl.

Yeah, I'm not trying to argue that MK should be next to dynos name anymore (I was because Chas had only given me 2 examples of a dyno using olimar one of which he lost so I was just using the same logic, I didn't necessarily agree with that logic though, I was just trying to be consistent in the logic). Also, MK should be taken off of P3's name. He only used him in like 3 games of singles one of which he lost
I gave u 3 sets where Dyno used Olimar. 2 Just happened to be the same person. These are also the only cases where he truely needs olimar unless Micaelis or Alby decided to play DDD against him.

@Saltix- You practically are to me. IMO a "random" is pretty much what Player-1 said the first time. Its someone who does not show up to tourneys very often. You have been playing since 06 but you constantly take like half year breaks that make me forget you even play smash lol.

I always put "" around random because the word does not mean the same when used in the context im using it in. I dont mean them as someone who shows up once but pretty much as people without a name to me. Everyone has a different definition and i've been using it in my own way which is exactly why this argument is going on longer then it should have lol. Ima still argue even though its pointless to talk online about this >.> obv

Player-1

Smash Legend
I wasnt taking what you said out of context. Actually you were just contradicting yourself about what randoms were and you just did it again. You named randoms as people who dont show up to tourneys often and that arent that involved in our community but you just now said that they were people that dont show up at all
^^^ What you said and what i've been talking about....^^^

I also never said that we should ignore any wins a person has. I mean heck why else would i make a list of every single win everyone has if i didnt think they shouldnt count? I did say that not all wins are IMPORTANT though because they arent. You are not really using facts either but theories. You brought up a $1 mm but seriously have you ever talked to dyno before? He always loses $1 mm to anyone who takes them seriously because he doesnt camp so i'd rather not count that match as much but if you think $1 is something super serious then go ahead and use that as evidence. You said Player-3 would not have used Falcon against Dyno if he used his other characters but Dyno would have also not let Player-3 use his falcon only against his wario. If dyno was actually worried about Player-3 he would have double blinded the first round like he did to Raf the same tourney to prevent him from knowing his character choice. I still think Player-3 and everyone else under me including 4God is not a threat to the ones above me IMO. ITS ALL IMO LIKE I SAID. Although 4God could beat Dyno if he continues to try wario on neutrals. But yea i hate to repeat myself but you misread what i said before. Everyone from 7-999 in our state are not really much of a threat to 1-6 with the exception of 4God vs Dyno IMO. I wasnt just talking about our whole PR vs anyone else in our state. O ya and like you said yourself. Your opinion doesnt matter if you dont have strong facts. $1 mms dont count for the PR for a reason. I always saw Player-3 as a random before but now i dont because he made his way on the PR but i still dont consider him a threat to the upper half of our. I mean no offense of course. He did beat Billy and Reflex but thats AL

I never said Player-3 entered that many melee tourneys. I said that he stopped showing up to tourneys for quite a while and when he actually did come to tourneys he ended up entering melee. Of course this changed this season and he decided to come back to brawl.

I gave u 3 sets where Dyno used Olimar. 2 Just happened to be the same person. These are also the only cases where he truely needs olimar unless Micaelis or Alby decided to play DDD against him.

@Saltix- You practically are to me. IMO a "random" is pretty much what Player-1 said the first time. Its someone who does not show up to tourneys very often. You have been playing since 06 but you constantly take like half year breaks that make me forget you even play smash lol.

I always put "" around random because the word does not mean the same when used in the context im using it in. I dont mean them as someone who shows up once but pretty much as people without a name to me. Everyone has a different definition and i've been using it in my own way which is exactly why this argument is going on longer then it should have lol. Ima still argue even though its pointless to talk online about this >.> obv
In order:

1. I never said that randoms never show up to tournaments...?
2. Okay, not counting 4God as an important win is also ridiculous
3. I never said I took the $1 MM seriously, I'm just using that as an example that P3's falcon can beat Dyno's wario in a set, something P3's Marth has not been able to do at all, based on those facts it's only logical to think that P3 would have a better chance with falcon than wario, that's not a theory, it's fact.
4. I doubt dyno saw P3's falcon in a tournament match coming or even a threat. I mean P3 has went Marth the last 50 times (except like once when he went fox) he has played him and lost every time, what would make dyno think that 51st time be any different? Hence why I doubt he wouldn't call for a double bling pick.
5. I didn't misread what you said you said:

no offense to P-3 but i really dont see anyone from me to lower a threat to anyone else on the PR
anyone who has ever entered a tournament and lives in GA is lower than you aside from 1-6 on our PR. If you had said "from me to lower [which btw doesn't make sense grammatically] that is on the PR" then that would be different.
7. 4God is a threat to me, he's beaten me in pools before. 4God is a threat to Micaelis, he's beaten him. I'd still consider 4God a threat to dyno. P3 is still a threat to me. And your opinion is going against a reality. It's a FACT that P3 is still a threat to me, it's a FACT that 4god is a threat to Micaelis, that's all fact. If you want to get technical about it, then really any player is a threat to any other player. One person could be having a super bad day while another has a super good day. If Billy or Reflex was on our PR then I bet you'd be saying the same thing about P3 not being a threat (although I could be wrong), but he obviously is a threat to them since he beat them both. P3 beat reflex back when he still used PT and that's a terrible MU in the first place so I can give you that, but still that doesn't take away from P3's win.
8. Read above, I never said $1 MMs count for the PR, I'm just saying that based off a logical thinking, P3's falcon had a better chance than his Marth against Wario, since he didn't go Wario and went MK then MK helped him advance in an important match. That is all logical thinking.
9. What does Billy and Reflex being AL have to do with anything? Obviously, they're both talented players meaning P3 can beat talented players which is the upper half of our PR. I am openly admitting that P3 is a threat to me and I'm in the upper half of our PR so that already beats that argument out. I mean you could say that your still entitled to your opinion about P3 not being a threat to me, but considering that I'm...well...me and I know how our matches go better than you (since you've never even seen us play against each other main vs main) my opinion matter a hell of a lot more than yours when saying P3 is a threat to me.
10. Actually there was MAYBE one tournament where P3 opted for melee instead of brawl maybe, any other tournament he either entered both or ended up entering melee because it was free or super cheap or something.
11. I don't see how you can say a random is just someone who doesn't show up to tournaments often. I mean, I don't think I can get out the internet dictionary of internet terms or w.e, but a random is pretty much what the name states... A RANDOM. Some RANDOM person that very few people know that RANDOMLY decides to come to a RANDOM tournament on a RANDOM date RANDOMLY, that's how it is generally understood in communities like this. That's not P3, Saltix, or w.e. There's a difference between a random, a scrub, an average player, above averaged players, and the PR players. And if you are saying that P3, saltix, miles, etc were/still are randoms before this then yes, I am then saying matches against randoms are important wins when those randoms are involved in the community.

DRN

Smash Lord
My last post about this. If you want to continue to argue with me then do it at SOD. I like arguing offline more. Ask Vahe :]

1. I never said that randoms never show up to tournaments...?
When i said never show up i really meant that they show up once then never show up again.
Randoms are random people than randomly decide to come to this one random tournament hence RANDOM.
2. Okay, not counting 4God as an important win is also ridiculous
Ugh okay look 4God was an important win last season because he was on the PR. I mean he should have been on the PR this season w/ his skill but he was to inactive. I was more aiming at McPP, Ice, Player-3, Saltix, and Miles not being important compared to actually beating someone like Scatt, Lounis, and Calvin. Those 3 are important to beat especially since if you do beat one of them your spot is sure to rise. Beating the other 4 will not raise your place one bit but more to ensure your current spot because you didnt lose to them.

3. I never said I took the $1 MM seriously, I'm just using that as an example that P3's falcon can beat Dyno's wario in a set, something P3's Marth has not been able to do at all, based on those facts it's only logical to think that P3 would have a better chance with falcon than wario, that's not a theory, it's fact.

8. Read above, I never said $1 MMs count for the PR, I'm just saying that based off a logical thinking, P3's falcon had a better chance than his Marth against Wario, since he didn't go Wario and went MK then MK helped him advance in an important match. That is all logical thinking.
@3/8- I never said you said anything about $1 mms counting for the PR. I was mentioning that the reason that $1 mms arent used for the PR because they arent serious. I meant to convey the message that if Player-1 plays dyno in tourney it is going to be completely different then in a $1 mm. It is a looooot less serious especially to Dyno(if you have ever talked to him about people camping his *** for $1). I never made a comment that Player-3 did not have a better chance using falcon against Dyno using wario and winning compared to his other characters. I just said that its not something you should take as 100% proof that Dyno would have lost since thats pretty much what you were insinuating in one of your earlier posts.

4. I doubt dyno saw P3's falcon in a tournament match coming or even a threat. I mean P3 has went Marth the last 50 times (except like once when he went fox) he has played him and lost every time, what would make dyno think that 51st time be any different? Hence why I doubt he wouldn't call for a double bling pick.
Vahe went Mk. He def saw Captain Falcon coming. I imagine the only reason he went MK is because he didnt feel like camping for 8 minutes to ensure victory. Olimar Marth isnt really that good of a match up so MK was a quick win. Seriously CF vs Wario is a stupid *** match up that no wario wants to play especially a wario like Dyno who prefers not to camp hard.

5. I didn't misread what you said you said:

anyone who has ever entered a tournament and lives in GA is lower than you aside from 1-6 on our PR. If you had said "from me to lower [which btw doesn't make sense grammatically] that is on the PR" then that would be different.
O yea sorry for any grammar errors i forgot the internet is serious business and I must get my literature teacher to read over everything before i post. Only saying this because if you understood what i said before why post that it was wrong? Do you really think im going to read over everything i type so that the grammar is perfect for you? I didnt say everyone besides 1-6 is lower then me. I guess i should say the skill gap from 7 and beyond compared to 1-6 is clear with the exception of 4God. We all know he should have been on the PR but he was to inactive. I'm bringing this up because almost everything you comment on from my posts are about 4God. O btw thats an exaggeration if you didnt get it. Dont want you to recite your posts to me again to try to prove me wrong ;)

7. 4God is a threat to me, he's beaten me in pools before. 4God is a threat to Micaelis, he's beaten him. I'd still consider 4God a threat to dyno. P3 is still a threat to me. And your opinion is going against a reality. It's a FACT that P3 is still a threat to me, it's a FACT that 4god is a threat to Micaelis, that's all fact. If you want to get technical about it, then really any player is a threat to any other player. One person could be having a super bad day while another has a super good day. If Billy or Reflex was on our PR then I bet you'd be saying the same thing about P3 not being a threat (although I could be wrong), but he obviously is a threat to them since he beat them both. P3 beat reflex back when he still used PT and that's a terrible MU in the first place so I can give you that, but still that doesn't take away from P3's win.
Wow way to misread what i said multiple times. I said that IN MY OPINION(IMO) everyone below 6 is not really a threat for 1-6. If you feel threatened by Player-3 then thats fine but if you look at the past he has never beaten you so the fact is that statistically he is not a threat. 4God is not a threat to Michael anymore because Michael is no longer playing so i didnt take him into account. Dyno had a job now so he also wont be able to show up very often. 4God is not going to be in our state for this season so he was a bad example to use as a threat for the PR members. He is currently living at his home in FL and probably will for the whole summer. Before you wanted me to use facts and now your saying how you personally feel as well. O ya and Statistically 4God is def not a threat for Michael. Michael has only lost to 4God twice i believe but has won probably up to like 10 times over their history. I know that for a while 4God was only getting knocked out by Michael. So lets say 10-2(80% win ratio). Chances are slim for 4God to win.

9. What does Billy and Reflex being AL have to do with anything? Obviously, they're both talented players meaning P3 can beat talented players which is the upper half of our PR. I am openly admitting that P3 is a threat to me and I'm in the upper half of our PR so that already beats that argument out. I mean you could say that your still entitled to your opinion about P3 not being a threat to me, but considering that I'm...well...me and I know how our matches go better than you (since you've never even seen us play against each other main vs main) my opinion matter a hell of a lot more than yours when saying P3 is a threat to me.
@9- I was joking around when i mentioned them being AL. I forgot the internet doesnt display the same tone as when you say something in real life so i guess all i can say is ignore the small "joke." Also you are saying that my argument is invalid because you think Player-3 is a threat to you. Are there any facts to go with that or is it just based on feeling? I'm going to answer that for you and say that there are no facts to support that but only facts to prove the opposite. Have you ever lost to Player-3? Nope so statistically he is NOT a threat to you. You can say your matches are close but until you actually lose to him in tourney he is not seen as an actual threat.

10. Actually there was MAYBE one tournament where P3 opted for melee instead of brawl maybe, any other tournament he either entered both or ended up entering melee because it was free or super cheap or something.
Okay then let me change what i said to "Before this season Player-3 had been very inactive and not seen for quite a while. I forgot he played smash"

11. I don't see how you can say a random is just someone who doesn't show up to tournaments often. I mean, I don't think I can get out the internet dictionary of internet terms or w.e, but a random is pretty much what the name states... A RANDOM. Some RANDOM person that very few people know that RANDOMLY decides to come to a RANDOM tournament on a RANDOM date RANDOMLY, that's how it is generally understood in communities like this. That's not P3, Saltix, or w.e. There's a difference between a random, a scrub, an average player, above averaged players, and the PR players. And if you are saying that P3, saltix, miles, etc were/still are randoms before this then yes, I am then saying matches against randoms are important wins when those randoms are involved in the community.
You are seriously once again taking everything way to literal especially when i said that i was not using the word the same way it is in the dictionary. I made that comment on my previous post to clear up how we have both been looking at it but of course you decided to take it as "o hes wrong and im right hehehehe." Randoms are def not important wins. They are just wins to that person. Of course they still need to be looked at and not ignored. If you think beating a random is important then what is beating Lounis? SUPEEEEERRR IMPPPOOORTAAANT w/ mega caps?

Player-1 I like you offline but online arguments with you are ******** and endless. Talk to me offline about it. No need to continue this for the next few pages. I only gave my last responses to clear up a few things about how you took my posts.

Player-3

Smash Hero
idk but from the two sentences of that i read, turtl said im not important but apparently i am because he wrote an essay about me

:troll:

Player-1

Smash Legend
My last post about this. If you want to continue to argue with me then do it at SOD. I like arguing offline more. Ask Vahe :]

When i said never show up i really meant that they show up once then never show up again.

Ugh okay look 4God was an important win last season because he was on the PR. I mean he should have been on the PR this season w/ his skill but he was to inactive. I was more aiming at McPP, Ice, Player-3, Saltix, and Miles not being important compared to actually beating someone like Scatt, Lounis, and Calvin. Those 3 are important to beat especially since if you do beat one of them your spot is sure to rise. Beating the other 4 will not raise your place one bit but more to ensure your current spot because you didnt lose to them.

@3/8- I never said you said anything about $1 mms counting for the PR. I was mentioning that the reason that $1 mms arent used for the PR because they arent serious. I meant to convey the message that if Player-1 plays dyno in tourney it is going to be completely different then in a $1 mm. It is a looooot less serious especially to Dyno(if you have ever talked to him about people camping his *** for $1). I never made a comment that Player-3 did not have a better chance using falcon against Dyno using wario and winning compared to his other characters. I just said that its not something you should take as 100% proof that Dyno would have lost since thats pretty much what you were insinuating in one of your earlier posts.

Vahe went Mk. He def saw Captain Falcon coming. I imagine the only reason he went MK is because he didnt feel like camping for 8 minutes to ensure victory. Olimar Marth isnt really that good of a match up so MK was a quick win. Seriously CF vs Wario is a stupid *** match up that no wario wants to play especially a wario like Dyno who prefers not to camp hard.

O yea sorry for any grammar errors i forgot the internet is serious business and I must get my literature teacher to read over everything before i post. Only saying this because if you understood what i said before why post that it was wrong? Do you really think im going to read over everything i type so that the grammar is perfect for you? I didnt say everyone besides 1-6 is lower then me. I guess i should say the skill gap from 7 and beyond compared to 1-6 is clear with the exception of 4God. We all know he should have been on the PR but he was to inactive. I'm bringing this up because almost everything you comment on from my posts are about 4God. O btw thats an exaggeration if you didnt get it. Dont want you to recite your posts to me again to try to prove me wrong ;)

Wow way to misread what i said multiple times. I said that IN MY OPINION(IMO) everyone below 6 is not really a threat for 1-6. If you feel threatened by Player-3 then thats fine but if you look at the past he has never beaten you so the fact is that statistically he is not a threat. 4God is not a threat to Michael anymore because Michael is no longer playing so i didnt take him into account. Dyno had a job now so he also wont be able to show up very often. 4God is not going to be in our state for this season so he was a bad example to use as a threat for the PR members. He is currently living at his home in FL and probably will for the whole summer. Before you wanted me to use facts and now your saying how you personally feel as well. O ya and Statistically 4God is def not a threat for Michael. Michael has only lost to 4God twice i believe but has won probably up to like 10 times over their history. I know that for a while 4God was only getting knocked out by Michael. So lets say 10-2(80% win ratio). Chances are slim for 4God to win.

@9- I was joking around when i mentioned them being AL. I forgot the internet doesnt display the same tone as when you say something in real life so i guess all i can say is ignore the small "joke." Also you are saying that my argument is invalid because you think Player-3 is a threat to you. Are there any facts to go with that or is it just based on feeling? I'm going to answer that for you and say that there are no facts to support that but only facts to prove the opposite. Have you ever lost to Player-3? Nope so statistically he is NOT a threat to you. You can say your matches are close but until you actually lose to him in tourney he is not seen as an actual threat.

Okay then let me change what i said to "Before this season Player-3 had been very inactive and not seen for quite a while. I forgot he played smash"

You are seriously once again taking everything way to literal especially when i said that i was not using the word the same way it is in the dictionary. I made that comment on my previous post to clear up how we have both been looking at it but of course you decided to take it as "o hes wrong and im right hehehehe." Randoms are def not important wins. They are just wins to that person. Of course they still need to be looked at and not ignored. If you think beating a random is important then what is beating Lounis? SUPEEEEERRR IMPPPOOORTAAANT w/ mega caps?

Player-1 I like you offline but online arguments with you are ******** and endless. Talk to me offline about it. No need to continue this for the next few pages. I only gave my last responses to clear up a few things about how you took my posts.
1. Okay then if that's the case then I wasn't contradicting myself.
2. Obviously there not as important as the top 4 or something. I never said winning against P3 and stuff was important, I said the MATCH was important which it is.
3. WTF, how do you know what I'm instigating? You don't. I never instigated that, so IDK wtf you're talking about. And that's exactly my point to, which you keep missing. IF PLAYER-3 HAD A BETTER CHANCE AT WINNING WITH FALCON AND DYNO WENT MK THEN MK HELPED DYNO WIN THAT'S ALL THAT I'M TRYING TO SAY, WHAT DON'T YOU GET ABOUT THAT.
4. I don't think you should be talking on dyno's behalf, also it doesn't matter if dyno is worried about p3 or not, it doesn't matter if dyno thinks that he is free win or not, it's still an important match since they're both talented players.
5. I said you had a grammatical error within the post that made it hard to read, the misunderstanding wasn't grammar, it was just you leaving out words. First you complain that I'm misreading what you're saying then you complain that I'm reading what you're saying exactly right. You can't say both, make up your mind. I didn't know what you were saying, I assumed you were saying exactly what you typed, with the possibility that you meant something else. Also, I'm not talking about last season anymore. What you're saying is since 4god is no longer ranked, he is now a random and wins against him don't count. Also, McP is really good as well and IMO should have been ranked if 4god was ranked, I still think wins against him not counting is ridiculous too. What if you McP beats you the very first tournament of the season then you come back and beat him every single other time. Well I guess we should just look at McP's 1 win over you and none of your wins against him.
6. Wow way to misread what I said multiple times. YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT IS A FACT that 7-9 is a threat to 1-6. Yeah he has never beaten me, but do you know how many times we have played? Once in 2008 when he was using DK, those statistics don't even matter anymore, we virtually have no statistics to go off of. So if there's no statistics to go off of then we have to look at our personal opinions (our's as in in mine and P3's) of it to have any accurate representation. I feel threatened by P3 so it is a fact that P3 is a threat to me. The only tournament set me and 4GOD have played in he beat me, so statistically he is a threat to me. Miles has taken a game off of me in the past so I consider him a threat (if you don't think going to game 3 in a bracket match isn't threatening that that's dumb). It's a FACT that these players are threats. All of those examples mean that argument is invalid. A threat is pretty much any person that stands some sort of chance to beating you.
7. Read above ^^^. Also, Zeke sometimes holds social events for kids he homeschools. The social event has a brawl side tournament with a money payout (not much) and P3 beat me in a set there (although I still one the tournament). So guess what? Statistically speaking P3 is a threat to me also. You can make the argument that no serious players were there except for us, but 1. It was still played for money and 2. Player-3 has only lost to me once in a 2008 tournament with DK which doesn't even matter anymore.
8. What? P3 went to more tournaments before this season. This season was one of P3's least attended seasons since he started playing.
9. You're not using the dictionary definition? Okay well that's not my fault, how about you use the proper language? I guess I can just say that Lounis and Kismet are bad, but oh wait, I wasn't using the dictionary definition of the word bad...I really meant they were good. If you say something like "I walked my dog"....wait let me guess there's some super secret metaphorical message in that sentence right? By dog you OBVIOUSLY meant your cat and by "walked" you mean you took an airplane right? How am I suppose to know what you actually mean by a word if you're not using the right definition? That's what language is for so we both know what we're talking about.

Player-1

Smash Legend
you beat me in a game before in a bracket match. Going to game 3 in a bracket match? Where one mistake on my part could end the match? Yeah if that's not threatening then IDK what is.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Agreed, but then again, people aren't practicing enough or learning enough from the times they do practice.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
GA needs to be more confident, you're not going to beat any of the top people if you don't think you can.
Maybe some don't really want to beat the top people just yet. They would rather work their way up with small steps in the state. It's better to go leniently and pursue your goal slowly, rather than rushing in and hoping to achieve.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I never said anything about wanting to beat top players. Just believe that you can whenever you are forced to play them in tournament. That's how I got where I am now.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Not anymore, I realized Diddy was holding me back and now that I'm maining bowser I'm going to start wrecking everyone

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Player-1 I do think I'm good and I have a lot of confidence, but that doesn't mean I'm a regional threat. I'm not a threat to FL because I took a game off you. Because you're not looked @ as that huge of a threat in the first place. And I say that out of respect, I think you're underrated. But you've gotta step it up as a top player and make sure I don't draw it that close.

As far as confidence in the others I don't really ever see it. We can verbally or type trash talk to defend our state but it's the stats that rack up. Our state in general just doesn't have as many impressive wins as other states. FL is our shot at that. We've gotta start beating them in results and games in general to be considered threats. And I only say them because they're the closest to us.

I played extremely bad @ BBC and I hate it so bad lol. But it happens and I learned a lot from it. I think you understand as much as I do how important it is for us to step up our states skill. I get on Aib a lot too. They talk trash about our state all the time and even here too sometimes lol. Just gotta prove em wrong and face facts so we can get passed them bro =/

Player-1

Smash Legend
It doesn't matter if you're not a regional threat when we're talking about GA PRs.

Btw saltix took a game off of seibrik, he was a threat to him and saltix isn't even PRed

milesg2g

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if you're not a regional threat when we're talking about GA PRs.

Btw saltix took a game off of seibrik, he was a threat to him and saltix isn't even PRed
I understand what you're saying P-1, but hear me out on this one.

There are many states that have instate un PR'd or PR'd people that are "state threats" because they know each others playstyles, exp. against them, study and coach them, and simply are more comfortable playing them.

Our bottom 5 aren't concerning anyone OoS and shouldn't be concerning anyone instate. So even if were state threats that doesn't make a state stronger cuz of it.

DRN

Smash Lord
Player-1 i already told you im not going to read what you wrote for me after my post. If u want to talk to me more about it then talk to me about it at SOD. Im pointlessly arguing with you online where i could be doing it offline ;D

Shows me you didnt read everything i wrote though :[

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm assuming you mean besides AL.

Dynomite and Chas have both beat me in sets before, I'm concerned about them. That's how you lose, you get too comfortable and off guard and you get beat by people you're not concerned about losing too because you were too off guard about them. Saltix was a threat to seibrik in that set since he took him to game 3. I'm concerned about P3 because he knows my playstyle. I'm concerned about everyone on the PR and even some unraked PRs like Saltix and I don't even remember the guys name, but some guy at Siege, I think he was Stan and went to GA tech and was a peach main who had only went to one tournament previously (he was in my pool and wrecked him), I wasn't concerned about him and I nearly lost the set to him (using Chas' logic he'd be random so a random nearly beat me in a tournament bracket set).

Player-1

Smash Legend
Player-1 i already told you im not going to read what you wrote for me after my post. If u want to talk to me more about it then talk to me about it at SOD. Im pointlessly arguing with you online where i could be doing it offline ;D

Shows me you didnt read everything i wrote though :[
I read your post fine, you haven't shown me anything that I haven't read properly. You can't really seem to read your/understand your own post properly since you said you weren't arguing about it anymore, you never said that you weren't going to read my post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom