• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

MattX20

Smash Hero
"Who posts about a random mini game at midnight?"

Nintendo: "OH BOY! MIDNIGHT!"

I can't even complain about the lack of Smash this time, I'm just stunned
...this is just plain random

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Guessing this was meant to be shadow-dropped in the middle of a live Direct... maybe that Smash news we're all waiting for isn't too far off?

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Damn man, Nintendo really was coming to E3 with the BIG GUNS.

In all seriousness if you actually READ THE TWEET this was a small project created by a couple of Nintendo developers while working at home who wanted to "add quick and fun physical movement into their daily life", and they just decided to chuck it on the Eshop as a free thing.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman

Here's your Fighter 7. Cartoon jump-rope rabbit. That's your S-Tier.

QQS

Smash Lord
I just saw papagenos papagenos video and yes, of course Heihachi is a must (for the Namco rep) and Rayman also would be cool (also nice thing the no arms). Crash is the other must! But I just hope that they use the number 7/77 with Geno.

Anyway if they don’t, it’s just a number thing and doesn’t affect Geno chances. If Geno isn’t 77, for me he is in playable 100% as other number.

Hope and pretty sure he is 77 but, just to clarify my idea, the only thing that would kill Geno chances are:
-return of the old costume
-new premium costume
-another Square rep

So more than the numbers, until I don’t see that, Geno is alive and happening 100%, as I always believe. The DLC 7 and fighter 77 would be just a beautiful detail, but he is IN.

GENO GETS UP!

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So what’s the main characters or company’s everyone are keeping an eye out for. These are the ones I’m keepin an eye out For the most.

Geno
Heihachi
Level 5 rep
Capcom rep
Crash

QQS

Smash Lord
67A40026-09EC-48A3-8534-166BE0405D74.jpeg

People in the new papagenos papagenos video are commenting that the colors of the DLC so far match the colors of the stars. Just made the photo for you to compare. Nothing important but just fun to share! Check those video comments to see what people say.

Hope to see some announcement today Tuesday 16th June! Can’t wait for the next Smash news and Geno joining the party!

Franauts

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Bandai Namco, I don't know, both Heihachi and Lloyd Irving could make it to smash, after all they both had mii suits that aren't back yet. Sakurai mentioned in an interview a couple of years ago that if a character from Tales came to Smash (as a mii) it must be Lloyd, even before the protagonist of the first game. And I think even Sakurai has said that Heihachi was going to be in Smash4 but he couldn't add it by the moveset, maybe now he was able to give him one, they both have a lot of possibilities.

Remember that today is Tuesday, a direct could be announced in a few hours (to be broadcast on Thursday). Also, on Tuesdays new spirits events or tournaments are always announced.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
So what’s the main characters or company’s everyone are keeping an eye out for. These are the ones I’m keepin an eye out For the most.

Geno
Heihachi
Level 5 rep
Capcom rep
Crash
That seems like a plausible list of what we're going to get. My prediction is this (not necessarily in this order):

1. Min Min
2. Geno
3. Lloyd or Heihachi (here's hoping it'll be Lloyd)
4. Rep from "other" company (I think Arc Systems, Level-5 or Ubisoft)
5. Crash
6. Second rep from "other" company / rep from Capcom (if that's the case, I hope for Phoenix)

But I feel like a Contra rep is also constantly overlooked.

I am a big supporter of Level-5 and first and foremost Professor Layton. I feel like we'll be closer to the faith of Level-5 with the ARMS presentation. My gut feeling says Level-5 costumes could come with the ARMS rep, just like the Ubisoft costumes with Byleth. If Layton is included in these costumes, which he probably is, he isn't a character and then there probably won't be a Level-5 character.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I know everyone likes the idea of Heihachi more cause of how easily a Tekken fighter's gimmick comes to mind, but I'm still in the camp to want Lloyd Irving more. Not just cause I like the tales series, but I think Lloyd has the potential to really stand out on his own as a fighter more than Heihachi (not that the latter would be a boring fighter by any means imaginable).

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I would prefer Lloyd when it comes to Bamco rep. It would be pretty funny to see Sakurai say "You complain about too many swordmens ? Well , he has two swords , so he's different ! *laughs*" and Tales of is just a neat franchise.
While heihachi is the face of Tekken , he's clearly a big deal , I don't like playing traditionnal fighting game characters in platform fighters , they just don't suit my playstyle. (No , command inputs aren't my problem , I can play games like FighterZ just fine , it's just that I don't like playing footsies too much. I much rather move around like a mad man with my bear and bird lol)

Of course , my dream (get it ?) pick would be Klonoa. However , unless this Kaze No Klonoa encore mean some kind of new game , I will expect at best a mii hat.

---

Also , looking at the predictions most people have for the fighter pass... It's pretty interesting to still see a lot of third parties despise the recent shift in first parties. It's possible that Nintendo might revive a dead franchise out of nowhere and put the character in Smash , or put a requested Nintendo character to promote a new game. I honestly don't mind promotionnal Nintendo characters , as long as they had some time to get a name for themselves.
Of course we shouldn't say "X CHARACTER FROM X NEW NINTENDO GAME IS IN BOYZ" everytime a new game is released , but it's worth keeping an eye for , especially when it come to "smaller" Nintendo franchises like Starfox , or a potential revival like Golden Sun.

---

Anyway. Still no Smash news. I just hope that it's because they don't want to overshadow the Pokemon DLC , and not to keep the Pokemon DLC fresh in mind when doing a new Smash reveal...

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I know everyone likes the idea of Heihachi more cause of how easily a Tekken fighter's gimmick comes to mind, but I'm still in the camp to want Lloyd Irving more. Not just cause I like the tales series, but I think Lloyd has the potential to really stand out on his own as a fighter more than Heihachi (not that the latter would be a boring fighter by any means imaginable).
I rather have Siegfried/Nightmare. A swordsman that is more visually distinct than LLoyd.
Go explain to casual people between every anime swordsman. They+ll look at you funny.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

They will shadow drop Smash mid-sentence or while waiting on line for McDonald's.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 274956

People in the new papagenos papagenos video are commenting that the colors of the DLC so far match the colors of the stars. Just made the photo for you to compare. Nothing important but just fun to share! Check those video comments to see what people say.

Hope to see some announcement today Tuesday 16th June! Can’t wait for the next Smash news and Geno joining the party!
So that leaves us with orange and dark blue. Orange possibly being either Min Min or Crash and dark blue being Geno. Kind of a far fetched theory, but I like it.

I rather have Siegfried/Nightmare. A swordsman that is more visually distinct than LLoyd.
Go explain to casual people between every anime swordsman. They+ll look at you funny.
I would want Nightmare more too, but Lloyd is a dual swordman and we don't have one of those yet.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I know this is splitting hairs but I've gotten long past the point of caring what 4chan/Gamefaqs/the casuals/anyone else thinks. The can ask me which Fire Emblem he's from till they're blue in the mouth and I honestly wouldn't care. That goes with Geno or any of my other wanted as well.

I hope that didn't come off as too aggressive, and I'm not gonna deny that Nightmare and Siegfried would both look a lot more distinct than what we have. I guess that's just taste in the end.

For something more on topic? When's the latest we've gotten an announcement/shadow drop in the day?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
So that leaves us with orange and dark blue. Orange possibly being either Min Min or Crash and dark blue being Geno. Kind of a far fetched theory, but I like it.
I like the theory too and I'm with you mostly. The next one we're going to get is the ARMS rep, Crash is (although we're not sure of course) after that. Crash is probably not in this theory. I only see Min Min fitting in the orange for the 7 color theory.

View attachment 274956

Really? That's pretty cool. I think it's just a coincidence though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Jump Rope Bunny for Smash Ultimate.

I wonder if there will be any Smash related announcements today?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, i dont like heihatchi, and if we get a namco rep i really hope its not him. Yes tekken is massive and deserves it but i feel he would be... boring. I knew terry wasnt going to be borimg when everyone else was saying it was gonna be ken with a hat, but heihatchi i cannot see him being anything but a punch and kick guy, unless they someone include a tekken tag system with someone else coming with him. It would probably be Jin or Kazuma, but i would like Kuma more.

Namco has a lot more interesting reps. Tales of comes to mind for sure.

Honestly i also hope we arent getting a capcom rep either. I want all new third party reps(geno is the only one i want tied to a company with a playably already). And i also want all new series as well(rex and pyra are the only existing series i want most because Sakurai wanted them already and i feel they are happening... but i also really want them too)

Gove use ubisoft, indie reps, and others.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Its only 9am on tuesday... calm down. I dont think its happening tommorow due to pokemon, but Thursday and Friday are still open. Plus didnt the shadow drop direct happen at 10?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I really think hourly reactions to cancel the week are just adding to frustration and unrest in this thread. We really don't know when they're going to do this
Yeah, but with a Pokémon presentation for tomorrow I can't see them putting up a Smash presentation for this week too. It'll probably be next week.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Yeah, but with a Pokémon presentation for tomorrow I can't see them putting up a Smash presentation for this week too. It'll probably be next week.
Sure, it seems unlikely. But this is supposed to be E3 time, where a bunch of big announcements were supposed to happen close together, so there's really no precedent for this outside of us just guessing.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
View attachment 274956

The star color theory is obviously far-fetched from the standpoint that I don’t think Geno was originally planned at the start of FP1 in order for the colors to incidentally match up leading to his reveal.

However, taking the color coincidences are face-value, we have 7 colors:

Red (Joker)
Blue (Terry)
Purple (Hero)
Orange
Green (Byleth)
Teal
Yellow (Banjo-Kazooie)

This leaves two colors left, Teal and Orange. Geno could in theory take either, but if you go under the assumption that Geno is 7 and takes one of these colors, 6 must therefore take the other, and at that point it gets interesting, because only two ARMs characters match up with the colors: Spring-Man (Teal) and Min-Min (Orange), coincidentally the two characters with the likeliest chances and who everybody has been debating between.

Again, it doesn’t mean much because it’s not likely to have been intentional (at least jnitially), but of the two colors, Geno is probably far more likely to take Teal, which leaves Orange and therefore Min-Min to be the ARMs rep.

If Geno isn’t 7, or ARMs is an echo deal, we could potentially see a case where we get Spring Man and Min Min both (Teal and Orange), one as an echo of the other, and then Geno with whatever color. Or we get Spring Man and Crash (Teal and Orange), and then Geno with whatever color.

If Crash comes before Geno, ARMs rep is Spring Man. If Geno is 7, then Min Min is more likely based on background colors, but that’s my opinion, and it still could go either way.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
waaaaaaaaait a minute
20200616_143717.jpg
edit: PLEASE stop replying to this post, as i have come to the conclusion that this is fake. Don't mind this post.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
some folks need to really cool it giving nintendo hell on that jump rope game.

A small handful of programmers at nintendo were bored and stuck at home during the pandemic. so they create a simple jump rope game to throw up on eshop for free.

People need to stop giving em **** for it. It's a hell of a lot more than any of those on that twitter comment section could do.

D

Deleted member

I know Covid-19 hit hard, but 2020 is really lackluster from Nintendo. There’s Animal Crossing that came out this year and I believe it was suppose to be a 2019 game, SW&SH DLC, and Paper Mario. We got a character that can make people wait to buy Fighters Pass Vol. 2 since it’s not a fan favorite or a huge third party. That’s pretty much it. I hope we get some more exciting news for once in a July direct, twitter drops, or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
When was that posted?
don't know

someone brought this to my attention on discord, is all

personally, i ain't going "OMG IS REAL", cause it's only been two things it got right so far and some of the stuff in there is pretty doubtful

but i think it's at least something to keep in mind for if anything happens to boost this post up

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's two things out of a very long list, and a lot of it reads like a fan wishlist (a new F-Zero game, all three DKC games coming to the SNES Online at once, Rare Replay on the Switch, Break the Targets returning with 37 different stages) while piggybacking off of the Cacomallow screenshots/video to make it seem more legitimate. One saying that comes to mind here is "a stopped clock is right twice a day".

Heoj

Smash Ace
I would advise to throw that in the instantly fake pile. I find it hard to believe that this person was able to obtain the full title for a new fzero game as well as a new warioware game but not paper mario. This would have been pretty legit if the origami king was on it, but thats a huge red flag.
Theres also another red flag in the sense that why on earth would they add smrpg on snes online if they are going to remake it anyway.

Imo its 100% fake.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
That's two things out of a very long list, and a lot of it reads like a fan wishlist (a new F-Zero game, all three DKC games coming to the SNES Online at once, Rare Replay on the Switch, Break the Targets returning with 37 different stages) while piggybacking off of the Cacomallow screenshots/video to make it seem more legitimate. One saying that comes to mind here is "a stopped clock is right twice a day".
like i said, i don't actually think it's real just yet

but at least we can keep it in mind for the very small chance something else in there comes true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom