• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

Pengie

Smash Lord
Here's a thought: Geno is Mario character owned by Square. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 was a Mario game developed by Square but Geno was absent from that game. Hoops would have been an oppurtunity to bring back Geno but Square didn't do that. One of the reasons for his absence may be that he doesn't mean much to Square. What do you guys think about this?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was thinking Yoshi, but I guess he could be his own franchise.
He does. Still, who's the other?

@ Pengie: LMAO, I love how hilarious it is hat R.I.D.L.E.Y. is trying to convince all new members that Geno is a horrible character. Besides, Mario Hoops isn't that good.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Here's a thought: Geno is Mario character owned by Square. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 was a Mario game developed by Square but Geno was absent from that game. Hoops would have been an oppurtunity to bring back Geno but Square didn't do that. One of the reasons for his absence may be that he doesn't mean much to Square. What do you guys think about this?
I don't think they want to bring him back in a spin off sport game. More like another RPG.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
nintendo do want to get some more thrd party charcter too but not for no ten thousans dollars!

D

Deleted member

I think that Sakurai can change Geno's importance to Square.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
...Geno will be an assist trophy at best, he won't be playable, who cares if he's on Sakurai's list, people forget that characters that make it from the list won't all be playable. =\

He has been in one game, and seen in what, 2 others?

Even Paper Mario takes priority over Geno lol.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
QUOTE=hemightbegiant

He does. Still, who's the other?
--------------------------------------------------------------(I messed up the quote thing)
That's 6:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Doctor Mario
6. Yoshi

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Geno will be an assist trophy at best, he won't be playable, who cares if he's on Sakurai's list, people forget that characters that make it from the list won't all be playable. =\

Do you ever say anything intelligent...?

...and obviously Sakurai cares if it's on his own list.

Cinder

Smash Master
Yeah...he's tied with Ridley...that means a lot to Sakurai...no high ranker has been deconfirmed...

The Ice Climbers say hi...

Ummm...no...

D

Deleted member

He's either a PC or not in at all. Sakurai won't go through trouble like legal fees just to make him an AT.

Ice Climbers say Hi.
Pit says Hi.
Lucas says Hi.

Uh huh. Go ask the polls and Sakurais journal. While you're at it, why don't you ask Sakurai what he thinks about Geno.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
I says that becuase they say that they buy geno for the thusans of dollars for an assisst trophy it seems kinda dumb in my opinons

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
it is the other way around. square can pay Nintendo. (because of the series it is unlikely) If Geno is a PC we don't know how much money it will cost. geno will be a PC or nothing

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi has his own series. That would actually be 5.
That's fine. My point is that Nintendo will probably give their flagship franchise one additional roster slot. Whether you consider Melee to have 5 or 6 Mario characters, I think that number will increase by one for Brawl, meaning either 6 or 7 total. Since the doc is probably out, that leaves two openings.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick dumb question:

Is Geno definitely 3rd party? Because I'm pretty sure I remember seeing someone post an email reply from Nintendo saying that they (Nintendo) owned him. Might've been on another board though.

D

Deleted member

Is Geno definitely 3rd party? Because I'm pretty sure I remember seeing someone post an email reply from Nintendo saying that they (Nintendo) owned him. Might've been on another board though.
Geno is officially owned by Square along with Mallow. Sakurai considers him a first though.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick dumb question:

I believe he's co-owned. At least that was what I was told. Split between Nintendo and SE. One can't use him without the other's permission.

Of course thats what I was told. Whether or not its true is a different story.

Cold Beans

Smash Apprentice
No hes separates frim nintendo and microsoff si nintendo gotta buy geno for using him in the brawls!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How/why does Sakurai consider him a first party if he's not?
He doesn't consider him first party, he considers him at home with the Nintendo characters, since he's a Mario character and all...

...You can't be any more Nintendo-y than being a Mario character

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
Because the Mario series has alot of characters that can be in Brawl. I mean, even some of the minions have a chance to do battle in Brawl. I mean if Pokemon Trainer can get in, pretty much anybody can make it onto this game.

um... Pokemon Trainer is the main character of every Pokemon game... one of Nintendo's top three franchises... he deserves a spot in Brawl...

post # 100 baby!!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
um... Pokemon Trainer is the main character of every Pokemon game... one of Nintendo's top three franchises... he deserves a spot in Brawl...
The Pokemon Trainer in Brawl is only in "1" game...

Fire Red/ Leaf Green

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah but they're using their recent appearances.
Well, then...whatever...

Technically the first appearance of him then if you want to be technical is Red/ Green

then the remake of those Blue...then Yellow...

It was shipped to the US with the updated graphics used in Pokemon Blue (Yes, Blue was a remake...it had better graphics, etc.) and split into the Japanese versions of Red/ Green...

THEN, finally remade into Fire Red and Lead Green

Top Bottom