• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

Cinder

Smash Master
Ridley isn't a taboo subject, R.I.D.L.E.Y. is.
True...

For a while I was solely against Bowser Jr., but the more I think about it, the more I think they both should be in. We really could do a lot worse than Bowser Jr., after all.
Also true...I'd like to see both of 'em make it...but like I said, if I had to pick one, it'd be Geno...and yeah, we could do much worse than lil' BJ...

D

Deleted member

hasnt anyone considered that B.J. justbrought bowser back to life again right before
galaxy
? if he could do it in T.N.S.M.B. then he could do it then.

also B.J. has played a major role in:
Super mario sunshine
the new super mario brothers
super mario galaxy
and has been in many games like super mario strikers since his introduction, so I think he is a now major player in the mario series. so he definatly is not a "unimportant character to the series due to number of games" and if you sa geno was in a more revolutionary game, then I point to
galaxy
for B.J. . and B.J. has been in more main stream mario games too.

one more thing, has anyone considered they both gwt in? mario seems like his series is big enough to have 6 reps, so it doesnt seem that strange a thought to me.
BJ had more roles than Geno, yes, but in Galaxy that is where I see BJ act as a pawn the most.
He takes orders from Bowser to eliminate Mario on his way to Bowser and Bowser was still the main antagonist.

Either way, we can't keep competing roles because we do not know who's role is more important. Geno? Bowser Jr.? It's all opinions.

iMichael

Smash Lord

Geno

An otherworldly traveler sent by a higher authority, whose real name is ♥♪!?, comes to Mario's world from Star Road to find the seven Star Pieces. Borrowing the form of Gaz's doll, Geno, a beam of light radiates from it bringing it to life, and he sets off searching for the Star Pieces. Since his name is hard to pronounce, he asks Mario and Mallow to call him "Geno", after the doll.[4] [5]

Encountering Mario and Mallow during his battle with Bowyer, Geno gladly accepts their help in battle. Defeating Bowyer, Geno explains to Mario and Mallow about his mission to find the Star Pieces and repair Star Road. Geno decides to travel with them to find the Star Pieces. Throughout the game, Geno offers advice to the party as a mystical sage-type figure. After destroying Smithy and reclaiming all seven Star Pieces, again a beam of light radiates from Geno, rendering the doll lifeless, and the otherworldly traveler bids farewell to his allies in order to repair Star Road.

Although Geno is a registered trademark of Square (now Square Enix),[6] in Little Fungitown of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a Geno doll is an instructional aid to explain to players how to play the "Star Stache Smash" minigame, and the sound of his speech is very robotic. Just as Gaz played with the doll in Super Mario RPG, a person's hand operates Geno, since the otherworldly traveler left the doll's body after defeating Smithy.[7]

-Wikipedia

Pros-
*Did help save mushroom kingdom(major role)
*HUGE FANBASE
*MASAHIRO SAKURAI'S POLL!!!!
*Rumor is..he is owned by Nintendo and Square Enix

Cons-
*Appeared in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga(Minor role)
*Only playable in one game.
*If he is not in Brawl...Geno is dead as a character - PsychoIncarnate

Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr., known in Japan as Koopa Jr. (クッパJr., Kuppa Junia?) (not to be confused with Baby Bowser in Super Mario World 2), is the child of Bowser that debuted in Super Mario Sunshine. He acts as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine (where he first appears as Shadow Mario) and New Super Mario Bros., with his father only playing a minor role in each. Additionally, he appears in
Super Mario Galaxy, acting as his father's right hand and challenging Mario at several points of the game to impede him from gathering all Power Stars that are used to defeat Bowser's evil empire. However, he only fights by himself one time in the game - The other two, he uses a ferocious contraption loyal to him in order to fight Mario off. The first time, he uses a giant, Bullet Bill-firing mecha by the name "Megaleg", while the third time he uses an improved version of King Kaliente, a massive, fiery boulder-spitting squid Mario meets one time before in the game
. He also appears in the various sports games, often as a "Speedy" or "Tricky" character. He has also been confirmed to return in Super Mario Stadium Baseball where he has been revealed in a screenshot.[8] Bowser Jr. shares many physical similarities with his father, with the main differences being a red ponytail as opposed to Bowser's mane, being about the same size as Mario, small black beady eyes, a more rounded snout, and a single sharp tooth visible in his mouth--features which, along with his body shape, make him look almost identical to Bowser himself at a younger age. By Super Mario Galaxy, Bowser Jr. grows an extra tooth, and has become much bigger as well, having grown larger than Peach. He wears a kerchief constantly. It was originally a drawing of Mario's distinctive nose and mustache, but it is later replaced with a set of sharp teeth.

In Super Mario Sunshine, Bowser Jr. uses a magic paintbrush, invented by Professor E. Gadd, and a special kerchief to transform into a translucent blue doppelgänger of Mario, Shadow Mario, who vandalizes Isle Delfino, tricking the native people into believing that Mario himself is to blame. He does this to Mario because Bowser tells him that Princess Peach is his mother, and that Mario has kidnapped her. Bowser Jr. kidnaps her himself, and is eventually defeated along with Bowser. He is later told by Bowser that Princess Peach is not his mother. However he still refers to Peach as "Mama" sometimes in later games, such as when he challenges Princess Peach to a game in Mario Superstar Baseball.

His age is unknown, (though he is thought to presumably be somewhere between 4 and 10 years old), so whether or not his maturity is approptiate for his age is a mystery. He is the youngest of Bowser's children. He appears to be stubborn, short-tempered, and cruel, just like his father, but unlike his father he is not spoiled, he acts like his own age, and is capable of being somewhat nice to others (when he wants to). He also possesses a cunning intelligence his father does not show, and is thought to be smarter than him as well. When ever he loses something, usually a fight or a competition, he either cries or throws a fit (however, he cries less often than he did in earlier games). Much about him remains a mystery, but the biggest of all are the identity of his mother and his relationship with the other seven Koopalings.

-Wikipedia

Pros-
*Main villain in two games (Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. )
*Sakurai wanted more villains?
*HUGE FANBASE!!!
*SAKURAI'S POLL!!!!
*Spinoffs(Mario Party, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Tennis etc.)
*He's cute
*Masahiro wouldn't have to pay an arm and leg to get him.

Cons-
*???????-seriously...there's nothing stopping him from getting in.

D

Deleted member

Geno

Pros-
*Did help save mushroom kingdom(major role)
*HUGE FANBASE
*MASAHIRO SAKURAI'S POLL!!!!
*Rumor is..he is owned by Nintendo and Square Enix That's a fact.
*Sakurai shows interest.

Cons-
*Appeared in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga(Minor role) ... con?
*Only playable in one game. So has Lucas and the ICs
*If he is not in Brawl...Geno is dead as a character - PsychoIncarnate

Bowser Jr.

Pros-
*Main villain in two games (Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. ) Debatable.
*Sakurai wanted more villains? There are much more worthy villains.
*HUGE FANBASE!!! Geno's is bigger.
*SAKURAI'S POLL!!!! He wasn't on the poll.
*Spinoffs(Mario Party, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Tennis etc.)
*He's cute So is Geno. =|
*Masahiro wouldn't have to pay an arm and leg to get him.

Cons-
*???????-seriously...there's nothing stopping him from getting in.
Yes there is, you've missed a ton of stuff for both BJ and Geno.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
he is obviously more important then Geno. A 3rd party character from the Mario series which they have not been used as a PC awhile. Or, a villain in the latest Mario game. Do the math

D

Deleted member

I know I did...I'm not about to post all that stuff....thats just a quick review.
It failed. Seriously, there is more stuff that can stop BJ getting in. His chances are lower than Geno's chances. It doesn't matter whether he's owned by Square or not, Geno's chances are higher.

D

Deleted member

he is obviously more important then Geno. A 3rd party character from the Mario series which they have not been used as a PC awhile. Or, a villain in the latest Mario game. Do the math
Opinions! Opinions! Opinions! Opinions!

Niether Geno or BowserJr. is more important than the other. Geno saved Star Road. BJ is just a pawn for Bowser's plans. We can't assume one is more important than the other.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
It failed. Seriously, there is more stuff that can stop BJ getting in. His chances are lower than Geno's chances. It doesn't matter whether he's owned by Square or not, Geno's chances are higher.
this post just made me laugh out loud and wake up a sleeping little baby, i hope you are happy.

also, i think you are largely misinterpreting the usage of "important" here.

you seem to think we are refering to "who is more important to the storyline" when it's really "who is more significant to the franchise"

the obvious answer is bowser jr to the 2nd question, and who cares is the obvious answer to the first, and i'm still leaning towards bowser jr.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yes there is, you've missed a ton of stuff for both BJ and Geno.
1. B.J. being a main villain in the new Super mario brothers and sunshine is not debateable. he is a main villain plain and simple, ask anyone who has played them, dont forget
galaxy
in that mix.
2.out of the other mario villains who? no one else realy comes to mind as bowser is realy one of mario's only real continueing enemies besides Jr.
3.being in one game(geno) is still a con, when he is in cometition with someone who was in more major games.
4.I am pretty sure B.J. was on the pole, but I may be wrong.

D

Deleted member

from what i can see geno has more disadvantages then advantages. And he has more disadvantages then bowser jr. Plus BJ has more advantages then disadvantages. Soo overall id say BJ will get into brawl and geno will not.
Please explain than. 'Cause I am sure Geno has more advantages than BJ does.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pros-
*Main villain in two games (Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. ) Debatable.
He IS the main antagonist, even if you think he is not.
*Sakurai wanted more villains? There are much more worthy villains.
Opinion
*HUGE FANBASE!!! Geno's is bigger.
Opinion, and BJ has more recent fans.
*SAKURAI'S POLL!!!! He wasn't on the poll.
Yeah, you're right.
*He's cute So is Geno. =|
Cute? Awesome yes, but cute?
10 characters

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
foz you cant just post "geno is good and 'character you think is better' is bad" every post.

you seriously are just so desperate i cant even believe it.

i LIKE geno and you are making me NOT like geno because you are reaching so far for this stuff.

i mean seriously, wow.

D

Deleted member

1. B.J. being a main villain in the new Super mario brothers and sunshine is not debateable. he is a main villain plain and simple, ask anyone who has played them, dont forget
galaxy
in that mix.

In Galaxy
BJ just acted as a pawn, a servant for Bowser. In the New Super Mario Bros. Bowser is defeated in the beginning so BJ substitudes for him than brings him back to life.

2.out of the other mario villains who? no one else realy comes to mind as bowser is realy one of mario's only real continueing enemies besides Jr.

DO we really need more Mario villains though? We have Bowser and if you count Wario to than, yeah, we got Wario too.

3.being in one game(geno) is still a con, when he is in cometition with someone who was in more major games.

It was a big role though. The biggest one in the game. 1 role can still be more important than 3.

4.I am pretty sure B.J. was on the pole, but I may be wrong.
Sorry, he wasn't. And no, I am not saying that because I am a Geno fan.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
foz you cant just post "geno is good and 'character you think is better' is bad" every post.

i LIKE geno and you are making me NOT like geno because you are reaching so far for this stuff.

i mean seriously, wow.
QFT

I'd like seeing both in. Your arguing just makes me think bleh.:(

D

Deleted member

I don't think BJ is a bad character. I don't care if he is in Brawl, really. I am just sick of people saying that Bowser Jr. is more important/popular as a fact because we really don't know that for sure.

No... not really. I just have nothing better to do as of now.

Um... I'm sorry?/You're Welcome?

i mean seriously, wow.
roffle is i dis dam gewd.=P j/k

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ya know what? Geno fans are only trying to make Browser Jr look "not soo important" with these useless debates about how much of a villian he was in his 2 games of being a main villian in because they see the clear fact that that sets him above Geno.:ohwell:

"Debatable"?!? No, thats not debatable. He wa the main villian in those games. He has also been merged with those spin off games showing that yes, nintendo wants to keep useing him as a on going Mario character.

Really, theres no reason he shouldn't be in Brawl from what I personally gather. :p

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Sorry, he wasn't. And no, I am not saying that because I am a Geno fan.
......yes...you are. B.J. IS FOR A FACT a main villain in both S.M.S. and the new super mario brothers. he is basicaly the only villain in both until you fight bowser at their ending so you fail there.

do we realy need more mario protagonists? we already got 4 of them, 5 if you include yoshi.

ya, 3 big roles in 3 main stream mario games is definalty more important than one major role for a character who after his big break, was never used again except in a cameo.

there.

D

Deleted member

10 characters
1. NSMB can be debated but not for Sunshine. Bowser was the Main Antagonist in Sunshine.

2. Bowser Jr. over
Ganondorf?
K. Rool?
Ridley?
Black Night?
Wolf?

4. Yes, I think Geno is cute. BJ is cute but I think Geno is cuter.

iMichael

Smash Lord
1. NSMB can be debated but not for Sunshine. Bowser was the Main Antagonist in Sunshine.

2. Bowser Jr. over
Ganondorf?
K. Rool?
Ridley?
Black Night?
Wolf?

1. Ganondorf is going to be in.
2. K. Rool...I don't doubt him at all.
3. Ridly c'mon...you know he's in some kind of way.
4. Black Knight...same as #2
5. Falco, Krystal and Wolf...sure why not.
6. you for got #3.....you went 1, 2 and 4

D

Deleted member

......yes...you are.

No, I am not. >| Don't jump to conclusions like that.

B.J. IS FOR A FACT a main villain in both S.M.S. and the new super mario brothers. he is basicaly the only villain in both until you fight bowser at their ending so you fail there.

We really don't know who the main antagonist is though in either of them. I am trying to defend for Bowser. NSMB is hard to debate with becauseit's tough to make inferences about and there are a minimum amount of facts to assume with. Sunshine is filled with inferences though. So, we don't know, I say he wasn't, you say he was. We may never know but to me it seemd like Bowser was the main antagonist because some people think that Bowser pushed Bowser Jr. to steal Peach for Bowser. That's why he lied to BJ to have Peach all to himself.

do we realy need more mario protagonists? we already got 4 of them, 5 if you include yoshi.

They are heroes after all and heroes are the most liked characters in games and you do play as them so... expect more pros. than ants..

ya, 3 big roles in 3 main stream mario games is definalty more important than one major role for a character who after his big break, was never used again except in a cameo.
Look at ALL the Links in every LoZ games. They're all different and each have one role in every game because they're not the same person but still have the largest role than Ganon since it is the same Ganon in every single game... I think...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

2. Bowser Jr. over
Ganondorf?
K. Rool?
Ridley?
Black Night?
Wolf?

you do know none of them are mario villains right? so why would they be competeing?(B.J. is definatly the main villain in the new super mario brothers, since you know, is is the only one for the majority of the game! If anything he shares the position of main villain with bowser in that game if he isnt the main villain.) also that is opinion, cause personaly I find geno looks kinda bland myself. and I think B.J. is way cuter.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1. B.J. being a main villain in the new Super mario brothers and sunshine is not debateable. he is a main villain plain and simple, ask anyone who has played them, dont forget galaxy in that mix.

In Galaxy BJ just acted as a pawn, a servant for Bowser. In the New Super Mario Bros. Bowser is defeated in the beginning so BJ substitudes for him than brings him back to life.

Why can't you understand that BJ IS the MAIN ANTAGONIST! Bowser being defeated didn't make him a pawn, and he could have revived himself when he was Skele Bowser.

DO we really need more Mario villains though? We have Bowser and if you count Wario to than, yeah, we got Wario too.

Wario has his own series, he's not the 2nd Mario villain.

It was a big role though. The biggest one in the game. 1 role can still be more important than 3.

That is your opinion. I know Geno's role was bigger, but it doesn't make him anymore worthy than BJ.
Foz said:

You are still making no sense. BJ was the main antagonist of Sunshine AND NSMB.
2. Bowser Jr. over
Ganondorf?
K. Rool?
Ridley?
Black Night?
Wolf?

I meant for Mario villains, and not all of those out-prioritize him.

Whatever, Mallow is cuter :p
I'm not trying to say BJ is more important, but you keep trying to lessen his importance.
I support Geno,
I'm in the Allaince now
but BJ is not an unimportant character.

D

Deleted member

1. Ganondorf is going to be in.
2. K. Rool...I don't doubt him at all.
3. Ridly c'mon...you know he's in some kind of way.
4. Black Knight...same as #2
5. Falco, Krystal and Wolf...sure why not.
6. you for got #3.....you went 1, 2 and 4
1. He was only hinted.
2. He has his cons but can still make it in.
3. PC? AT? I'm talkin' PC's here.
4. Same as #2 too.
5. I agree

These villains all might not get in, I hope they do but I have my doubts for everyone, even Geno, but those 5 do have better chances than BJ. Well, I ain't sure about Wolf though.

I didn't need to say anything about #3 because she agreed with me so there was nothing to go against.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Look at ALL the Links in every LoZ games. They're all different and each have one role in every game because they're not the same person but still have the largest role than Ganon since it is the same Ganon in every single game... I think...
1. oh realy? cause it looks like it so far.
2.the main villain is the antagonist or the one the protagonist is against. in the cases of both mario is fighting bowser jr. in sunshine he fights jr. to save peach, even in the final fight he still is fighting jr. who is along side bowser. and in tnsmb he is fighting jr. to stop bowser's resurection, so I think he is the main antagonist there too.
3.what ever happened to all the "we want more villains" thing? cause so far the oppisite seems to be the case.(the oppisite of wanting antagonists that is)
4.they are all reincarnations. so in a sense they are the same person. so they arnt major roles of different people.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've always been under the impression that there's only one Ganondorf... :ohwell:

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
So I've seen the same arguments recycled throughout the last 20 pages of this thread by one person (Foz). Funny thing is, I remember most of them being refuted several times already. Is there anything new going on here, or is Foz going to continue to state his opinions as facts and ignore all logical reasoning for the next 20 pages as well?

Black/Light

Smash Master
So I've seen the same arguments recycled throughout the last 20 pages of this thread by one person (Foz). Funny thing is, I remember most of them being refuted several times already. Is there anything new going on here, or is Foz going to continue to state his opinions as facts and ignore all logical reasoning for the next 20 pages as well?
Seems like the latter will happen untill he gets broad.

And theres only one Ganon. Zelda and Link are reborns.

D

Deleted member

That is your opinion. I know Geno's role was bigger, but it doesn't make him anymore worthy than BJ.

And it's a matter of opinion thinking that BJ's roles are more important than Geno's too. There really is no fact when it comes down to important roles.

1. oh realy? cause it looks like it so far.

No, I am not.

2.the main villain is the antagonist or the one the protagonist is against. in the cases of both mario is fighting bowser jr. in sunshine he fights jr. to save peach, even in the final fight he still is fighting jr. who is along side bowser. and in tnsmb he is fighting jr. to stop bowser's resurection, so I think he is the main antagonist there too.

But in Super Mario Sunshine how do we know it was BJ's own intentions to kidnap Mama Peach. Bowser wanted her all along, not Bowser Jr. but BJ did after Bowser lied to him making him think his mama is actually Peach.

Why else did Bowser lie? Because he wanted Peach. Otherwise, BJ had no reason ti kidnap her unless Bowser gave explicit orders to do so.

3.what ever happened to all the "we want more villains" thing? cause so far the oppisite seems to be the case.

I want more villains but there's more that have a chance than BJ. K. Rool. Black Night. Claus. The list goes on.

4.they are all reincarnations. so in a sense they are the same person. so they arnt major roles of different people.
But still a different person unlike BJ so technically all the Zelda's and Link's get one role each game because they're different people. I don't think they're reincarnations though. They're all ancestors in relation.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

And it's a matter of opinion thinking that BJ's roles are more important than Geno's too. There really is no fact when it comes down to important roles.

But still a different person unlike BJ so technically all the Zelda's and Link's get one role each game because they're different people. I don't think they're reincarnations though. They're all ancestors in relation.
it was bowser jr. and bowser's intentions, and it still doesnt make him any less of a main antaginist. if you thought your mama was stolen than wouldnt you try to take her back too? also B.J. said he knew peach wasnt his mama, he then goes on to say that he hates mario and was trying to be just like his dad or wants to be.

Bowser Jr. has a better chance than King K rool., black knight, but IDK about claus. it still doesnt matter, Bowser Jr. has better chances than geno in alot of catagories, so dont go saying too much. geno has popularity, and one major role, but not else.

how does them having good chances effect Bowser Jr.'s anyway.

reincarnation means being reborn in the same body, so in a sense they are all the same person. just laking the others memory.

D

Deleted member

it was bowser jr. and bowser's intentions, and it still doesnt make him any less of a main antaginist. if you thought your mama was stolen than wouldnt you try to take her back too? also B.J. said he knew peach wasnt his mama, he then goes on to say that he hates mario and was trying to be just like his dad or wants to be.

Here's what I think:
Bowser lied to Bowser Jr. that his mama was Princess Peach because he plotted that Bowser Jr. would want to take his mama back so Bowser didn't have to do it. Than he had Peach all to himself if it weren't for Mario saving her. Bowser plotted the whole thing. He was the villain behind this scheme. Bowser was the main antagonist. He used his own son just to get Peach.

That's my story though. Now, I am not saying it's true, it's my theory. No one really knows but if my theory is true than, yes, Bowser was the main antagonist.

Bowser Jr. has a better chance than King K rool., black knight, but IDK about claus.

I dunno. K. Rool and Black Night have been on the poll. Something dear to Sakurai when it comes to Brawl. K. Rool and Claus both got 2 mentions. We do need more villains but we need more villains from different franchises. K. Rool and Claus are good for the task. What puzzles me though that if K. Rool's chances are better than Claus' due to Sakurai not showing enough interest in putting in Japanese only characters.

it still doesnt matter, Bowser Jr. has better chances than geno in alot of catagories,

And vice versa.

so dont go saying too much. geno has popularity, and one major role, but not else.

Yes, Geno had one major role but is it more important than Bowser Jr.'s 3 roles? We don't know.

how does them having good chances effect Bowser Jr.'s anyway.

I never said they'd effect BJ, I just said they have better chances.

reincarnation means being reborn in the same body, so in a sense they are all the same person. just laking the others memory.
They weren't reincarnated though. The justice was passed down for generation by the goddesses. They're still different people with only 1 role each and yet each one is more important than all of Ganon's 10+ roles.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
What a nice way to celebrate the first day of New Year! Wars between two characters who has equal chances for Brawl, but that all changed because of the opinions of the people who like one character over the other! What an on-going, worthless, and REALLY New Year-friendly war!

Top Bottom