• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Geno is cool but Bowser Jr is a much more important character, the fact that Geno has a huge fanbase means he's gonna be an assist trophy, nothing more lol.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If we're talking about who deserves a spot more, I'd say Paper Mario IMO. He has his own series and its a RPG one. As for Geno and Bowser Jr, it depends on which one Sakurai likes better IMO.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If we're talking about who deserves a spot more, I'd say Paper Mario IMO. He has his own series and its a RPG one. As for Geno and Bowser Jr, it depends on which one Sakurai likes better IMO.
<3 Paper Mario.

It really depends on how many death threats he gets for each character methinks. :ohwell:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
What a nice way to celebrate the first day of New Year! Wars between two characters who has equal chances for Brawl, but that all changed because of the opinions of the people who like one character over the other! What an on-going, worthless, and REALLY New Year-friendly war!
They do not have equal chances, All Geno has going for him are 4 votes, and some notes Sakurai wrote about him.

Bowser Jr. has priority, significance, and is a current character. Bowser Jr is nearly as important to the series as Bowser himself antagonist wise. With Rosalina Confirmed as an AT pretty much confirms that BJ's appearance in
Galaxy
is noted by Sakurai, and since Mario got FLUDD, whose to say Bowser Jr can't get Magic Paintbrush as part of his moveset.

While we can't exactly measure who has the biggest fan base, we can tell who is more important to the series.. Bowser Jr. why? because he has played more important roles in more than 1 game... which are all Canon. (Not saying SMRPG is not Canon, but it has hardly be referenced in Nintendo's current Mario series work.)

and Happy New Year <3

D

Deleted member

Geno is cool but Bowser Jr is a much more important character, the fact that Geno has a huge fanbase means he's gonna be an assist trophy, nothing more lol.
One is no more important than the other. Geno isn't more important than BJ and vice versa.

Geno has other pros than just a large fan base.

5 on the polls.
Sakurai showing interest.
Very very popular in Japan and America.

Sakurai and Nintendo will not go through any trouble just to make Geno an AT.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
One is no more important than the other. Geno isn't more important than BJ and vice versa.

Geno has other pros than just a large fan base.

5 on the polls.
Sakurai showing interest.
Very very popular in Japan and America.

Sakurai and Nintendo will not go through any trouble just to make Geno an AT.
You are seriously a fanboy to think Geno is not less important than BJ, or to think he is "very very" popular. Geno is popular, but you are exaggerating.. Diddy Kong is very very popular.. Olimar is very very popular... Geno is.. just popular.

D

Deleted member

They do not have equal chances, All Geno has going for him are 4 votes, and some notes Sakurai wrote about him.

It was actually 5 because of a music request involving Geno too.

Sakurai also likes Retro characters. Geno is pretty retro.
Sakurai likes and shows interest in Geno. He is intrigued by Geno's popularity and fanbase due to him not being in a game for over 10 years.

Bowser Jr. has priority, significance, and is a current character. Bowser Jr is nearly as important to the series as Bowser himself antagonist wise.

Bowser has been in the series for years and years and years. Bowser Jr. is still quite new to the series. Bowser Jr. is nowhere near as important than Bowser is.

With Rosalina Confirmed as an AT pretty much confirms that BJ's appearance in
Galaxy
is noted by Sakurai, and since Mario got FLUDD, whose to say Bowser Jr can't get Magic Paintbrush as part of his moveset.

I will admit, BJ would have a solid moveset and it could be very original so, that could be a good pro but Geno also has a solid moveset already. Original Unique. It'd be easy.

While we can't exactly measure who has the biggest fan base, we can tell who is more important to the series.. Bowser Jr. why? because he has played more important roles in more than 1 game... which are all Canon. (Not saying SMRPG is not Canon, but it has hardly be referenced in Nintendo's current Mario series work.)

If you look at the whole Mario Universe Story wise than, there'd be no Mario Universe or Star Road if it weren't for Geno and his help from Mario, Bowser, Toadstool and Mallow. We can't judge who is more important because a lot of people think of Bowser Jr. as the main antagonist in a few games just like how people, like I, think Geno is the main hero of Mario RPG. Honestly, I think he was. Ad besides. Who is more important to a series? The villain or the hero?

and Happy New Year <3
You to, man.

D

Deleted member

You are seriously a fanboy to think Geno is not less important than BJ, or to think he is "very very" popular.

I think Geno is more important but we really do not know who is more important. And Geno is very popular. Sorry if I said "very very", I meant just one very. Heh. My fault. But yes, Geno is very popular but who is more popular?

Geno?
Bowser Jr.?
No one knows.

Geno is popular, but you are exaggerating.. Diddy Kong is very very popular.. Olimar is very very popular... Geno is.. just popular.
More like very popular. He got more mentions on the poll than Diddy and you're saying that's not very popular?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What a nice way to celebrate the first day of New Year! Wars between two characters who has equal chances for Brawl, but that all changed because of the opinions of the people who like one character over the other! What an on-going, worthless, and REALLY New Year-friendly war!
Shaddup, square! *throws a pie* :laugh: Debates like this have made waiting for Brawl bearable and, for me at least, have introduced us tons of different opinions and ideas. Yes, it's pointless but overall I consider it a good thing.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
More like very popular. He got more mentions on the poll than Diddy and you're saying that's not very popular?
He got like 1 or 2 more mentions... thats not that big a deal considering the poll was not open to a broader audience.

D

Deleted member

He got like 1 or 2 more mentions... thats not that big a deal considering the poll was not open to a broader audience.
Geno got 5 mentions on the poll. What're you talking about? 1 or 2?

Also, the poll is a big deal. Maybe not for us but it means a lot to Sakurai.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Geno got 5 mentions on the poll. What're you talking about? 1 or 2?

Also, the poll is a big deal. Maybe not for us but it means a lot to Sakurai.
I said 1 or 2 "more"

and imo, I think Diddy was going to be in regardless Sakurai just wanted to know if we wanted Diddy alone or Diddy w/ Dixie.

ON TOPIC: I would not mind Geno in brawl, I only debate that he is not as important as BJ who actually deserves to be in brawl.

D

Deleted member

I said 1 or 2 "more"
Oh, sorry about that. I guess I missed a word.

But yes, the polls do mean a major thing. Especially to Sakurai. I mean, if it weresn't for the polls, he wouldn't be studying characters like Geno, Ridley, Krystal and he did with Diddy, Ike and Dedede(?) (He'd probably put Dedede in anyways. XD)

ON TOPIC: I would not mind Geno in brawl, I only debate that he is not as important as BJ who actually deserves to be in brawl.
And we can't really jump to a conclusion that one is more important than the other because other people think otherwise.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I said 1 or 2 "more"

and imo, I think Diddy was going to be in regardless Sakurai just wanted to know if we wanted Diddy alone or Diddy w/ Dixie.

They both deserve the spot, end of story.

D

Deleted member

I dunno why, but I'd rather see neither than both at the same time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes this has been said already and we know this, but the question is if only 1 could make it in which would. Story begins.
Nah, let's end this. I have a rule of thumb when it comes to debates and it's this: if the debate lasts more then 3 days, just let it go. Obviously, neither side is going to completely agree with the other regarding but we all at least agree that Geno, Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario are basically the remaining Mario characters in the running and that there's a very high chance that 2 of these 3 will be made playable thus giving the Mario franchise 6 reps in Brawl. If you ask me, that's a good term to end on instead of dragging this out for another three days.

I think I love to debate more then anyone on these forums but even I realize that there are times where it is pointless to go on. Now, say if these debate comes up again next week, I'll be there... :evil:

Top Bottom