• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
alternate costumes... the alternate is Blue
No, he's Red wearing blue....

I know what they call him...but he LOOKS like Red, and has the same Pokemon ONLY Red gets...

It's not any of the pokemon trainers from any of the other games

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
geno's pretty mediocre there's really no denying that

*states opinion as fact*

what? everybody's doing it.

ok fine, just psychoincarnate.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
geno's pretty mediocre there's really no denying that

*states opinion as fact*

what? everybody's doing it.

ok fine, just psychoincarnate.
The person I was replying to was stating an opinion as a fact, so I stated my own on the subject

Cinder

Smash Master
That's your opinion.

I think that Geno is a lot better and he has a better chance than Bowser Jr. ever will.
Seconded...I will admit, it'd be great to see 'em both, but if only one can get in, I'd rather it be Geno...mainly because he's original, he has great moveset potential, and he was a main character in the first Mario RPG...a good resume imo...Bowser Jr.'s got a fair bit working for him, too, but imo, Geno has a tad more...

EDIT: @above poster: Foz is a Geno Alliance member...he isn't just saying that to disagree...

D

Deleted member

i think you're just disagreeing with me for the hell of it.

Bowser Jr. is entirely more important, has more recurrence, more relevant and his initials are a sexual innuendo... what more can you want?
Geno saved Star Road for the whole Mario Universe. Without Geno, no wishes would have ever came true...

iMichael

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. revived his dad correct? Without Bowser Jr., Bowser wouldn't even be in Brawl and Gimpy would be sad.

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. revived his dad correct? Without Bowser Jr., Bowser wouldn't even be in Brawl and Gimpy would be sad.
Yes and that shows that BJ can't live without his dear old papi.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
T-T never speak of such things again

anyawys, bowser jr is cool, geno is cool, both of them ftw, but bowser jr has priority in my book.

hopefully sakurai reads my book.

EDIT: foz wtf just drop that whole really really trivial and really really stupid point already.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I think Bowser Jr was the one who made the plans in the first place that got Bowser killed...

D

Deleted member

Bowser has died many times and came back.

Original Super Mario Bros. for a hint.

Cinder

Smash Master
but it was one of the koopa kids. right?
If I remeber correctly, the last time the Koopa Kids were seen was Superstar Saga...so I don't think so...but I could be wrong...

Bowser has died many times and came back.

Original Super Mario Bros. for a hint.
True...and so has a certain other villian whose name I shall not mention...

D

Deleted member

True...and so has a certain other villian whose name I shall not mention...
Ganondorf?
King K. Rool?

They lived, so, BJ's actions of bringing Bowser back to life really didn't mean much to the series but the game, maybe.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
based on certain events in mario galaxy i can hardly assume bowser was dead after what happened in mario bros

but based on new mario bros, it seems like he'd be dead

>_>

inconsistencies

i'll go with "not dead" because galaxy was the most recent

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lol... yeah... when Bowser fell in the lava in NSMB I was like "WTF?". Isn't that a bit too much for a Mario game? :laugh:

Cinder

Smash Master
Ganondorf?
King K. Rool?

They lived, so, BJ's actions of bringing Bowser back to life really didn't mean much to the series but the game, maybe.
But Dedede's already in Brawl :confused:
*sigh*...I meant Ridley...didn't wanna make a fuss about it...

I thought she meant that thing in space, with claws...

That is not supposed to be mentioned..
I'm a guy...for future reference...I'm just a humble Krystal supporter...and yeah, Ridley's a taboo topic nowadays, so I didn't wanna bring up the name...

Anyway, on topic: yeah, BJ's reviving Bowser had little to do with the series...NSMB, perhaps, but not the series as a whole, seeing as Bowser's been "killed" many a time...nothing new...

@GW: I don't have it yet, either...atm, we're talking more about NSMB...but yeah, keep the spoilers to a minimum, guys...I'd appreciate it...

D

Deleted member

And we have proved that not only did Bowser and Ridley die and come back to life but other villains did too. Case Closed.

3D King

Smash Journeyman

I'm a guy...for future reference...I'm just a humble Krystal supporter...and yeah, Ridley's a taboo topic nowadays, so I didn't wanna bring up the name...

Anyway, on topic: yeah, BJ's reviving Bowser had little to do with the series...NSMB, perhaps, but not the series as a whole, seeing as Bowser's been "killed" many a time...nothing new...

@GW: I don't have it yet, either...atm, we're talking more about NSMB...but yeah, keep the spoilers to a minimum, guys...I'd appreciate it...
Doh, I knew that. My brain is tired. Sorry.

Cinder

Smash Master
We know, we're just joking. It's not that hard to tell who you're talking about. Ridley would make a fantastic character.
:lol:...I need to learn how to sense sarcasm...
and yeah, he'd be awesome

And we have proved that not only did Bowser and Ridley die and come back to life but other villains did too. Case Closed.
Yeah, I know...the list goes on...point is, BJ's revival wouldn't be significant to the franchise...I realize that...I still think Geno is more valuable...

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I know...the list goes on...point is, BJ's revival wouldn't be significant to the franchise...I realize that...I still think Geno is more valuable...
I do to but some people think BJ is. No one really knows. People say Bowser Jr. is more popular because he's more recent. That's not a fact. No one knows who is more popular. Same with importance. I think Geno is more importance but we really do not know.

Everyone has their own opinions. I am speaking for both BJ and Geno here when I say that.

Everyone should know this.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
:lol:...I need to learn how to sense sarcasm...
and yeah, he'd be awesome
Ridley isn't a taboo subject, R.I.D.L.E.Y. is.

For a while I was solely against Bowser Jr., but the more I think about it, the more I think they both should be in. We really could do a lot worse than Bowser Jr., after all.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
based on certain events in mario galaxy i can hardly assume bowser was dead after what happened in mario bros

but based on new mario bros, it seems like he'd be dead

>_>

inconsistencies

i'll go with "not dead" because galaxy was the most recent
hasnt anyone considered that B.J. justbrought bowser back to life again right before
galaxy
? if he could do it in T.N.S.M.B. then he could do it then.

also B.J. has played a major role in:
Super mario sunshine
the new super mario brothers
super mario galaxy
and has been in many games like super mario strikers since his introduction, so I think he is a now major player in the mario series. so he definatly is not a "unimportant character to the series due to number of games" and if you sa geno was in a more revolutionary game, then I point to
galaxy
for B.J. . and B.J. has been in more main stream mario games too.

one more thing, has anyone considered they both gwt in? mario seems like his series is big enough to have 6 reps, so it doesnt seem that strange a thought to me.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
we avoided that "do a whole lot worse" in part with waluigi being an assist trophy haha

but theres still a lot of characters that would be far worse

Top Bottom