• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno or Bowser Jr. for last Mario series spot?

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
They should both be in. Geno could be Assist Trophy and Bowser Jr. playable IMO. Although it would be nice if they were both in as playable

D

Deleted member

They should both be in. Geno could be Assist Trophy and Bowser Jr. playable IMO. Although it would be nice if they were both in as playable
Sakurai isn't gonna confront a third party company and pay money just to make him an assist trophy.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Sakurai isn't gonna confront a third party company and pay money just to make him an assist trophy.
Is geno third-party company character or 2nd party? I thought Geno was from nintendo

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well I feel that Geno shouldn't take a Mario rep spot if he is a 3rd party character and was only in two games(one being a minor role). Geno is owned by Square Enix correct? He would have his own icon like Snake and Sonic. Anyone disagree with Geno having his own icon and not having a mushroom as his icon?
I want him to have his own icon, bit I doubt it since Sakurai has said Geno wouldn't take up a "third Party spot" because he's part of the Mario universe. No, this doesn't mean he won't get Square-Enix's permission, it doesn't support the "second and a half party " theory, it means that Geno just wouldn't count to the "one, two more maybe?" amount of third party characters.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
There will not be this massive meeting for Geno to be in brawl, he played a cameo in M&L and there was no big fuss over it, and he can play a cameo again in brawl as an AT and there still will not be thing about it, atmost all they will have to do is give some credit to Square during the credits... big deal.

D

Deleted member

There will not be this massive meeting for Geno to be in brawl, he played a cameo in M&L and there was no big fuss over it, and he can play a cameo again in brawl as an AT and there still will not be thing about it, atmost all they will have to do is give some credit to Square during the credits... big deal.
But that appearance was a small cameo. That's different. Some of the workers from M&L: SS used to work for Square and the making of Mario RPG.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This is different though, Sakurai WANTS Geno to be playable, if you haven't noticed.

Him showing interest in him, noting him in his journal, replying to people in emails that he didn't consider Geno third party even though he was, the thing is Sakurai LIKES Geno.

No doubt if there was a Square-Enix meeting, Geno was discussed at least once, and it all boils down to if they agreed or not.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
This is different though, Sakurai WANTS Geno to be playable, if you haven't noticed.

Him showing interest in him, noting him in his journal, replying to people in emails that he didn't consider Geno third party even though he was, the thing is Sakurai LIKES Geno.

No doubt if there was a Square-Enix meeting, Geno was discussed at least once, and it all boils down to if they agreed or not.
:mad: I hate this, everyone always leaves out Mallow, if it wasn't for Mario and Mallow "precious" Geno wouldn't have been found:embarrass.

D

Deleted member

:mad: I hate this, everyone always leaves out Mallow, if it wasn't for Mario and Mallow "precious" Geno wouldn't have been found:embarrass.
This topic isn't about Mallow though, it's about Geno and Bowser Jr. or Geno or Bowser Jr.

Honestly, Mallow would make a great AT if Geno is a PC.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Mallow wasn't close to Geno on the polls, and everyones agreeing towards Geno for a representative from the SMRPG; not to mention Geno was more important to the plot.

Besides, Mallow probably would come in as an AT if Geno is confirmed, with thunderstorm or something I suppose. o_O

y3nia659

Smash Ace
This topic isn't about Mallow though, it's about Geno and Bowser Jr. or Geno or Bowser Jr.

Honestly, Mallow would make a great AT if Geno is a PC.
they both should make it, if it's to represent the great RPG game that started it all it's stupid to leave out Mallow, he too contributed just as much as Geno. About Geno and Bowser Jr., I don't think the Jr. turtle should be playable he represents nothing new, Geno does well sort of so he can be in :urg: to be honest I don't care about either, I'd prefer Birdo and Mallow over Geno and Bowser Jr. but that's mirrorly unfair too :chuckle:.

D

Deleted member

they both should make it, if it's to represent the great RPG game that started it all it's stupid to leave out Mallow, he too contributed just as much as Geno. About Geno and Bowser Jr., I don't think the Jr. turtle should be playable he represents nothing new, Geno does well sort of so he can be in :urg: to be honest I don't care about either, I'd prefer Birdo and Mallow over Geno and Bowser Jr. but that's mirrorly unfair too :chuckle:.

But Mallow wasn't as important to the game story wise as Geno was. We don't want to many characters to represent one game that're from the same game.

One is enough, and that is Geno. Mallow would make a splendid AT.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Well, Birdo is more like enemie material & maybe boss material too & Mallow wasnt as important as Geno was in the story. The story didnt really start until Geno showed up, besides mario didnt even know what to do with star without Geno's help.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
But Mallow wasn't as important to the game story wise as Geno was. We don't want to many characters to represent one game that're from the same game.

One is enough, and that is Geno. Mallow would make a splendid AT.
:embarrass actually you're contradicting yourself: there's already 3 in from that game :urg: so it wouldn't matter if both Geno and Mallow were playable, but yes I have to agree Mallow has a small chance due to his unpopularity :mad: I hate this "popular" crap sometimes. I'd like to disagree that Mallow was actually important to the story, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been playable.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Yeah, but Mallow and Geno are both owned by Square Enix, so Sakurai can pay the fee to have Geno, but if he wants anothe SE rep, he will aim for Black Mage, Moogle, or heck, even Sora or Cloud.

D

Deleted member

:embarrass actually you're contradicting yourself: there's already 3 in from that game :urg: so it wouldn't matter if both Geno and Mallow were playable, but yes I have to agree Mallow has a small chance due to his unpopularity :mad: I hate this "popular" crap sometimes. I'd like to disagree that Mallow was actually important to the story, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been playable.
No, I am not contradicting myself. Peach, Bowser and Mario are there to represent the Mario franchise. Geno would represent the game Mario RPG.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr.

Sakurai will go for either one and since he had the same problem as Sega with Sonic, I doubt Geno will be in.

And If Geno isnt there, Bowser Jr. Will!

Id LOL if both WERENT in.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Yeah, but Mallow and Geno are both owned by Square Enix, so Sakurai can pay the fee to have Geno, but if he wants anothe SE rep, he will aim for Black Mage, Moogle, or heck, even Sora or Cloud.
:urg: I know, I relaize that well I guess I would settle for Mallow's AT.

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr.

Sakurai will go for either one and since he had the same problem as Sega with Sonic, I doubt Geno will be in.

And If Geno isnt there, Bowser Jr. Will!

Id LOL if both WERENT in.
What problems did he have for Sonic? =|

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I already know Bowser Jr will be in brawl, I don't know how exactly -- im hoping for playable. He deserves a spot on the roster regardless.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I already know Bowser Jr will be in brawl, I don't know how exactly im hoping for playable. He deserves a spot on the roster regardless.
I still feel like Toad should have made it in.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
Okay bowser jr. is a minor enemy a clone of bowser geno is not a major character if any one would be in it would be ridley and K. rool they are major enemies with histories longer then bowser jr. and geno, but geno does have a slighter chance then bowser jr. but geno and mallow will at most be at if not playable.

D

Deleted member

Okay bowser jr. is a minor enemy a clone of bowser geno is not a major character if any one would be in it would be ridley and K. rool they are major enemies with histories longer then bowser jr. and geno, but geno does have a slighter chance then bowser jr. but geno and mallow will at most be at if not playable.
Sakurai will not go through all that trouble with Square just to make Geno an AT.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
1. This is only a Geno & Bowser Jr discussion thread.

2. Bowser Jr is not a clone of Bowser, they are similar due to well.. being father and son. (Would you consider yourself a clone of your mother or father? or just similar)

3. Geno is not more important that Bowser jr, to the mario series.

Sakurai will not go through all that trouble with Square just to make Geno an AT.
Why do you assume there will be "trouble" with getting Geno regardless? I don't think he will have to climb a mountain just to get a hybrid nintendo square character.

y3nia659

Smash Ace

Would you pay tens of thousands of dollars just to have someone make a small appearance in Brawl?
im sure Nintendo didn't pay that much for Geno's appearance in that game he cameod, and AT/trophy is like a cameo. Im not saying it will happen, but we're not sure if that's a possibility, something else that confuses me is that Sakurai said he considered Geno 1st party.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think both can make it. Here's why.

Melee had 6 mario characters. And since Brawl's roster is seemingly going to be huge, I'd expect Ninteno's flagship franchise to get at least one more spot, meaning 7 total. But since the Doc probably won't rejoin Melee's other 5 mario reps for the brawl, that leaves two spots open. And I think we all know who deserves those...

D

Deleted member

im sure Nintendo didn't pay that much for Geno's appearance in that game he cameod, and AT/trophy is like a cameo. Im not saying it will happen, but we're not sure if that's a possibility, something else that confuses me is that Sakurai said he considered Geno 1st party.
No they didn't pay for that cameo because some workers for M&L: SS used to work for Square and the making of Mario RPG.

Sakurai considers him a 1st party but he still has to pay for Geno.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think both can make it. Here's why.

Melee had 6 mario characters. And since Brawl's roster is seemingly going to be huge, I'd expect Ninteno's flagship franchise to get at least one more spot, meaning 7 total. But since the Doc probably won't rejoin Melee's other 5 mario reps for the brawl, that leaves two spots open. And I think we all know who deserves those...
Doctor Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

5, who am I missing?

But I agree, one more slot for the Nintendo's mascot doesn't seem that ridiculous

Top Bottom