• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Geno haters: "lol literally who?"

Also Geno haters: ignore how he's #1 on trending

Also also Geno haters: ignore how they know who he is and obsess over him enough to be giant, deranged, narcissistic trolls over him like some people do to other things simply for those things being popular with others
Tell be fair, numerous characters go trending after every Smash presentation is announced. Hell, When it was announced the character was being revealed at the game awards Sora, Phoenix, Geno And I think Dante were all trending so he wwsnt the only one

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
You say that like Nintendo will go completely bankrupt if they so much as dare put in characters that devoted Smash fans want.
Lol no I say that because it's the truth not because it would effect Nintendo negatively if they did. It is just the truth that the purpose of DLC was always meant to sell new people on a product they may be on the fence about buying into but haven't for whatever reason. Nintendo is a company not our friend, clearly just look at the ****ed **** they've been doing lately if you need any proof to validate that claim. I've said this before and I'll keep saying it character's like Geno have an infinitely better chance of happening as new game base roster characters. Because that's where characters like Geno give Nintendo the most bang for their buck. They sell old players on getting the new game.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno haters: "lol literally who?"

Also Geno haters: ignore how he's #1 on trending

Also also Geno haters: ignore how they know who he is and obsess over him enough to be giant, deranged, narcissistic trolls over him like some people do to other things simply for those things being popular with others

-proof that these kinds of haters are really dumb-
I don't think anyone has ever complimented the Smash community on being socially competent. The elephant in the room is that this is why Nintendo is like "ew... No..." when asked to take it more seriously.

Smash community: (Is regularly terrible)

Nintendo: "We don't want to associate with that too strongly."

(Insert shocked Pikachu face here)

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I legitimately believe the hype period surrounding Smash 4 and the Ballot overall were our best shots up to this point. The problem was that our community just wasn't as large as it is now, and we didn't have the gusto that the Ridley and K. Rool teams had to push us ahead.

We were big for Brawl, and we were big for Ultimate, but when it really counted we fell silent. That sucks to think about.

Imo our best chance at this point is to keep shaking the ground around us until a Smash Ultimate: Complete Edition comes out for the Switch 2 or something. I really can't see them leaving this game behind anytime soon. Even still, I do get it if anyone feels entirely defeated by this situation. There are very good chances that a third Fighters Pack won't happen, and even greater chances that Sakurai retires after Ultimate. Both would spell doom for Geno.

I'm usually the guy to be optimistic about this stuff, but uh, yeah. This sucks. I totally get it if people wanna get off the Geno train around now.

Despite everything though, I'm staying on. I'm riding this doomed hype train until it crashes into the horizon. I hope there will be others who will do the same. Love yall Geno fans, stay strong. 💙🧡

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
It's a weird situation for a lot of reasons but I feel like Geno's obstacles aren't really that big of a deal. I look at characters like Plant and Hero and Steve and Byleth and see the red tape and fan rules they bulldozed and Geno's situation doesn't look as bad in comparison.
I see, our only option left is to wait and see what the future has in store for us

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm proud of you all. Most of you seem to be taking this turn of events with grace. It was great when I used to be a regular here and I saw a bunch of fan art and memes based on Geno/SMRPG. Even as I only occasionally browsed through here, you people didn't change. You all kept up the positivity and kept the fan art and memes going.

Tonight was rough for Geno, but at least he got some kind of acknowledgment outside of a spirit. The fact that they skipped to the costumes first says a lot.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tell be fair, numerous characters go trending after every Smash presentation is announced. Hell, When it was announced the character was being revealed at the game awards Sora, Phoenix, Geno And I think Dante were all trending so he wwsnt the only one
Yeah, maybe the trending thing isn't the best thing to use, though I still think it shows these characters are decently popular, and while I avoid the haters and don't really see that much of them compared to the nice and positive people there are, knowing they're there and how dumb and horrible they can be still bothers me; I guess I should just accept it, there's some bad individuals out there, can't really do much if anything to make them realize how they're being, change for the better, and be more understanding instead of being downright mean and nasty for no reason other than selfishness and "lol."

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai not saying anything about the Mii costume may not be because he doesn't care about Geno, I think it's because he can't say anything about Geno without potentially airing out some dirty laundry. I still stand on the notion that Square was not completely at fault here, this was Nintendo mostly, mainly the Anti-Waluigi Committee. If a new Mario character comes to Ultimate, it's not gonna be Toad or Waluigi, it'll be someone like Nabbit, Toadette or Pink Gold Peach. The Piranha Plant more or less sums up my issue with Ultimate in an abridged manner and the two interviews where Sakurai mentioned the plant proved it to a T.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God forbid the two biggest JRPG franchises in history get prioritized in Smash.

Because Geno is very, very, very low priority.

Y'all seem to think because Sakurai mentioned Geno being neat at one point somehow means he's this big character and there has to be some cynical conspiracy keeping him out.

When in reality, he's a 4th string pick: a one-off side character from over a quarter century ago.
Equating him to Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo is honestly downright disturbing; those are dramatically bigger characters (two major antagonists and a main protagonist of several games), and they took a decade of requests from frankly far larger fanbases.

That's something a lot of people just don't realize; you're dedicated as hell, but that doesn't mean you have size. The Geno support is a vocal minority to virtually the nth degree.

Sakurai mentioning Geno once years ago doesn't mean he cares all that much; Nintendo has no reason to care about him and Square has no reason to care about him.

What little favor from Sakurai and what little effect your voices have had resulted in a mii costume reprisal.

You can wax about "oh but people said the same thing about Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo".
What did they have going against them?

What's the workaround here?
He's got an obstacle that makes Banjo's look like nothing. And the popularity and impact of Banjo-Kazooie VS the popularity of Geno the wooden doll should tell anybody all that needs to be said.

And fatmanonice is ridiculous. Trying to drop off a 26 page manifesto at Nintendo HQ? Continuing to act like Geno has a chance, even after this? Saying his DMs are open for people in need?
He's a cultist, and the way the people in here act it's like a cult. Geno is the god trying to be willed into Smash and Fatman's the "humble" head priest ("I'm not forcing anybody to stay") who constantly clings to threads and tries to convince people that Geno's in and not to lose hope.

If the goddamn Tekken fans can all take an L when Heihachi showed up, why on earth are there still people clinging to Geno?
This is obviously bait but still,

I never said they didn’t deserve their spots, but at the end of the day they are still advertisements. Remember when you assume you make an ass out of you

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now you've got my curiosity. Sounds like you may have heard word of a third fighter's pass perhaps?
There's not going to be a third pass but, like I've been saying for roughly a year now, there's enough out there to suggest that we're getting content outside the packs.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
The fact that they skipped to the costumes first says a lot.
You see, that is something really interesting. I noticed it too.

This is the first time that Sakurai went and broke the bad news early in a presentation. It's almost like he knew that the Geno Mii Costume was the elephant in the room. I don't think it's exactly conspiracy to believe that kinda thing, especially as he's expressed knowledge of the Geno community multiple times before.

The Famitsu Collumn could be interesting.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I would say we're gonna get clowned on for acting like we still have a chance...
but we're gonna get clowned on no matter what we do. So **** it. Make that push.
While it is true that my spirit is broken and my dreams have been shattered, no matter how much people clown us i will never stop fighting for our boy.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Now you've got my curiosity. Sounds like you may have heard word of a third fighter's pass perhaps?
Fighters Pass 3 would certainly help... but it won't mean anything for Geno's chances now unless the "Mii Fighter costumes hard deconfirm" rule gets broken, and considering how Nintendo has handled DLC selection so far... yeah, I have very little faith in that rule getting broken any time soon.

Also, to any potential Lloyd and Monster Hunter fans reading this... might as well take a good long look at that Geno costume, because at this point your most-wanted are more than likely gonna meet the same fate. I'll happily take the L if I'm wrong on that, but with Nintendo at the DLC helm... yeah...

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I don't know if anyone has said that already, but when you buy the Geno mii costume I think Stealth Burst as the side b makes for a nice substitute for Geno Whirl! It doesn't work exactly like it, but it's timing based and it explodes so I think it works!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Fighters Pass 3 would certainly help... but it won't mean anything for Geno's chances now unless the "Mii Fighter costumes hard deconfirm" rule gets broken, and considering how Nintendo has handled DLC selection so far... yeah, I have very little faith in that rule getting broken any time soon.

Also, to any potential Lloyd and Monster Hunter fans reading this... might as well take a good long look at that Geno costume, because at this point your most-wanted are more than likely gonna meet the same fate. I'll happily take the L if I'm wrong on that, but with Nintendo at the DLC helm... yeah...
Your username continues to give me hope for my most-wanted character getting in as a fighter.

Anyway, if Rex and Pyra get on FP2, it would be make Geno more likely in a potential FP3.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Perhaps enough additional fighters to bump the roster up to 100?
I remember you from back in the day but I don't know if you were with us in January 2019 when the game was datamined and 16 dummyslots were found in WOL. Added to the base roster, this is the most the CSS can handle before the game crashes. We originally used this information to correctly theorize that there would be more characters after the Fighter's Pass and many people still believe it's applicable:

Plant + Fighter's Pass + Season 2 = 12 leaving 4 slots open before the game can't handle anymore.

QQS

Smash Lord
ADF74527-16BA-4BEA-A874-93B3B79F0246.jpeg

Tonight Geno didn’t awaken. Don’t know why. I’m sad. But on other hand Sakurai has done all the best for this franchise and I’m grateful about that. Also, I got my other most wanted which is Mega Man. Also I enjoy a couple of other characters and my favorite First Party franchise: Zelda. I don’t need approval for this, Geno will always live in me and be a special part of my heart and childhood. I’m 30 years old and I remember opening that box of SMRPG with 7 or 8 years in 1997 and discovering this wonderful game and amazing character in the woods. I wish I have you in my favorite game: Smash. In fact, I still believe it wasn’t on Sakurai hands and he will make a gift for us like a Full Fighter Geno as a bonus or later DLC.

I acknowledge Sephiroth and his popularity, though I have never played FF, not even on my childhood days. But I know who he is and he is such a nice addition, of course I can’t deny that. I just can’t conceive No Playable Geno because without Geno, Everyone’s Here sounds distant. On the other hand, only with Base Game this game is already perfect and thanks for that. I just wanted, at the least, a deluxe costume with songs. I’m not losing hope until Sakurai ends Ultimate. We have 3 more dlc, the songs takedown by Nintendo, Sakurai’s recognition and probably more slot as Bonus or Fighter Pass 3.

I simply ignore and don’t care about haters. I know myself and won’t give them credit. It’s a waste of time and energy. I have never played not even a single FF or KH or many more franchises in SMASH and I would never throw garbage to them cause in my world, everyone’s welcome. Thanks to Smash I also discovered more franchises. Probably will end up trying FF7 original and then the remake.

There is no character such unique as Geno. Geno is pure love, memories, epic, sad, friendship and heroic story.

Cheers to all amazing people here and let’s get this show on the road, whether in Smash or not.

Geno, hope you awake on your 25° birthday, somehow, somewhere...

Geno.

Gone...

Not forgotten.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
While it is true that my spirit is broken and my dreams have been shattered, no matter how much people clown us i will never stop fighting for our boy.
At the end of the day, only 3 things in life are certain:
Death
Taxes
and obnoxious windbags popping into the thread to complain at us about fatman being a cult leader.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I remember you from back in the day but I don't know if you were with us in January 2019 when the game was datamined and 16 dummyslots were found in WOL. Added to the base roster, this is the most the CSS can handle before the game crashes. We originally used this information to correctly theorize that there would be more characters after the Fighter's Pass and many people still believe it's applicable:

Plant + Fighter's Pass + Season 2 = 12 leaving 4 slots open before the game can't handle anymore.
If that still holds once we get to this time next year, those last 4 slots (if still open) are really gonna be the "Last Call" of the game.

Also, unless every one of the last 3 fighters this round gets another alt costume that absolutely requires another slot to pull off there's at least 1 extra fighter in the wings after this Fighters pass.

IF the devs intend on using all the datamined slots we found so long ago.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
You see, that is something really interesting. I noticed it too.

This is the first time that Sakurai went and broke the bad news early in a presentation. It's almost like he knew that the Geno Mii Costume was the elephant in the room. I don't think it's exactly conspiracy to believe that kinda thing, especially as he's expressed knowledge of the Geno community multiple times before.

The Famitsu Collumn could be interesting.
They showed the Mii costumes early because they used the FFVII costumes in the presentation. would be weird if you had them in the presentation before announcing them. Still it was a little jarring to see first.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's not going to be a third pass but, like I've been saying for roughly a year now, there's enough out there to suggest that we're getting content outside the packs.
Fatman.

Were you there for the Smash 4 Ridley shadow theories?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw, happy to see you too Noi, hope you're doing very well. Nice that you're still around to finish the Geno journey.
I’m gonna be around until Ultimate’s done. So at least until a year from now.

It’s my first smash cycle being deeply involved in speculation, I wanna see it through to the end.

Hope you’re doing good as well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom