• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not only is this one of the latest if not latest presentation since the 2019 Fall Direct but it was announced a full week in advance. Most presentations are only two days' notice. Truth be told, they didn't have to announce Sephiroth's presentation during the VGAs because his trailer literally said at the very end that he was releasing in December.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Trios, you say?

As in a grouping similar to which the heroes fight in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System?

Yeah, I’m thinking he’s in. :geno:
Yes, EMBRACE the tinfoil! ENWRAP yourself in it!

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

:troll:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Was just remembering when Terry pretty much got leaked when the copyright info under CP 4 had SNK included in it. Imagine sometime early 2021 seeing CP 9 (or 10 later on) with Company names the likes of either Arc System Works, or Nihon Falcom. 👀

D

Deleted member

Ready for that long silvered ass haired swordsmen Sephiroth

Can’t wait him kick all of that butt Masamune and all again happy Sephiroth is in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In the presentation itself, yes. We don't know if they have something planned before or after but the fact that they're airing this roughly around the time of General Directs means there's "something" they want to really show off here.
I’m just saying if want to get really tinfoil here, the Japanese stream says no other fighter pass characters will be here. Doesn’t rule out bonus ones necessarily

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I’m just saying if want to get really tinfoil here, the Japanese stream says no other fighter pass characters will be here. Doesn’t rule out bonus ones necessarily
The quote I read was "Anything in addition to the 9th downloadable content will be in this" which gives me the impression that only Sephiroth will be in the presentation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So we're waiting until the end of December then for his release?
There was an event announced tonight which likely means Sephiroth isn't releasing this week. Banjo and Terry both had Thursday presentations and were released on the same day but they didn't have events announced on the Tuesday before. On both accounts, their tournaments were announced immediately after their presentations.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There was an event announced tonight which likely means Sephiroth isn't releasing this week. Banjo and Terry both had Thursday presentations and were released on the same day but they didn't have events announced on the Tuesday before. On both accounts, their tournaments were announced immediately after their presentations.
Shame, Friday would have been perfect being the anniversary of the Japanese release date of the first Final Fantasy.

LunarisDreams

Smash Cadet
Questions.

How many music tracks did Hero come with in total? Was it 2 per skin?

and has there been any deluxe costumes with 2 tracks?

Colololin

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest with you, anyone, beside ****ing super high deep states insiders, claiming that they know a characters.
Are ****ing lying, I've been saying so since Terry, because I've been part of those """""circles"""" that I never want to join again.

Mii Costumes are a fair game, but characters themselves? They'll never leaks unless MAXIMUM h24. I've been repeating it again and again, but after the Sword and Shield Leaks and SNK Copyright fiasco, Nintendo has been SHUT TIGHT on leaks.

Heck, even my super duper nice friends at SE, didn't know we were getting Sephiroth, just that "APPARENTLY" we might get another characters.
The same friends that literally spilled the beans with how Hero was the worst secret in the industry at the time.
As far as I am concerned rumours are rumours and nothing is confirmed until Nintendo themselves say it (and when I say Nintendo themselves I mean the higher ups). I do not care what the person's track record is or what they predicted correctly in the past because it is still rumours. Steve is proof the rumour could have been around for quite some time and still come to pass later but it is also not a smoking gun.

In fact I would say using track records as a basis for rumours is significantly worse because to my knowledge anyone who was told something vital on that scale and proceeds to boast about it on the internet never gets told anything again but they use that core time they were right to continue spreading the butter and nobody ever notices. There is a reason a mostly miraculous prediction that nobody else talked about comes true but everything following it is vague. The person breached the trust of those who shared the information and was never told anything again but continue to act like they knew something because they were right that one time.

LunarisDreams

Smash Cadet
2 per game/skin for Hero and only two Mii costumes have come with a single music track: Sans and Cuphead.
Okay, so that makes the music takedowns even more suspicious to me. I’m going to watch Thursday intently because something just isn’t adding up.

Firox

Smash Master
Well, I'm probably going to hop off for now. We'll see what happens I guess, but I'm probably going to start writing a piece for the thread in case Thursday really is the end. I just hope we can all mostly agree to stay chill, I do genuinely like talking with you guys and it would suck to have what would very likely be our last time with everyone in the thread defined by arguing, whining, and getting closed again.

And if the costume doesn't show up I'm probably going to pop off so hard I'll just jump up to the Star Road and yank him down here already myself.
I eagerly await your dissertation. As for Thursday, I agree we should face our fate with grace and dignity. One way or the other, I think closure is on its way.

So, I've got you down for a #79 combo - that's a playable Geno with a stage and music selection. Would you like a Mallow hat with that?

Tried to post this a minute ago, something went weird?
Wait....I know you....YOU'RE THE DEVIL! (Holds up cross) Begone with you!...but still give me that Geno combo...

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Huh, went to check the Super Meat Boy Forever release date trailer (the one uploaded individually today on Nintendo's YouTube channel) and... the part shown during the Indie World Showcase referencing the start of SMRPG isn't there. 🤔 And YET, said sequence is in fact still shown in the Indie World Showcase segment for Super Meat Boy Forever (which is right after that nightmare fuel game of "Happy Game").

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
you are looking a t the wrong thing it is the japenese youtube video stream description that says 9th paid dlc
I've checked the Japanese YouTube video page and the twitter page ... I don't see anything on the lines of 9th paid dlc. Im sure I am missing it, can someone confirm?

EDIT: Here is the translation straight from the YouTube description:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This didn't stop ROB, G&W, Palutena, Rosalina, Joker, Hat Ken, anything Star Fox, Captain Falcon, K. Rool, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt Dog, Ice Climbers, Pit, Dark Pit, Wii Fit Trainer, or Lil Mac from getting in.

And Crono shouldn't get in anyways, this game has enough boring sword characters that have a generic swordsman moveset. And IMO Crono should have been added INSTEAD of another FF7 character.
Terry was getting re-releases at the time anyway. And SNK even just announced their own console, so a future is a lot more likely.

Captain Falcon literally got in while F-Zero was still going strong.

King K. Rool got in while Donkey Kong is going strong.

...Pit literally got in due to a revival of a game, so that's iffy on "not having a future".

Mr. Game & Watch(which mind you is partially a Smash OC in a way), R.O.B., Duck Hunt(the "Dog" is only part of the character. It's entirely called Duck Hunt. Overall a trio) are all retro characters and have nothing to do with the idea of "having a future", since that's a guideline only some apply.

Wolf is the only legitimate example among the Star Fox trio, as there was no idea if the Star Fox franchise was continuing. He got cut due to lacking a clear future, but the core character(Fox), and the fairly easy to make semi-clone(Falco) stayed due to legacy.

Pac-Man was still getting merchandise and works, so that isn't correct.

Lol, Rosalina was clearly being used constantly in the spin-offs by that point. They were plans. What are you talking about?

Wii Fit Trainer already had a Wii U Fit game made, so lack of future didn't look remotely uncertain.

Dark Pit got in only because he was a literal last second gameplay clone, and only because he was already a costume.

Lil Mac is literally the only one with a legitimate uncertain future and no current games at the time, while also being his own series. Otherwise, Wolf also counts. Terry(why are you using such a childish derogatory term for him here? Grow up, dude) can logically count, though, at the time. We don't know when the console was planned, but his future being uncertain might not be correct.

I see you didn't use another good example of no future games, Banjo & Kazooie. They have no clear future beyond re-releases/merchandising/advertising as important to Rare Replay. Which isn't a specific future.

QQS

Smash Lord
Sephiroth beats Cloud on Thursday and dominate Mario. Suddenly, a giant blue beam hits Sephiroth’s back and Forest Maze starts to play on the background.

DB64D597-EB33-41AB-9549-9683B545FD82.jpeg

5D14F951-4D66-4465-A23C-CF28E57C520C.gif

Then, the mistery puppet reveals his identity and a splash screen art follows up as: GENO RETURNS! and aids his old friend.

55BB926F-79DF-44CF-8A00-4519A5941848.jpeg

Credit on Geno model to: ARTIST

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
While I was thinking in the shower about whether I lean more on the side of Geno's costume appearing with Sephiroth or not, I actually leaned towards the "No, it won't appear" side until a thought came into my head I'd like to share. Obviously the thread knows I ain't a Geno hater (the opposite, in fact) but I couldn't shake this thought...

As we know, Square Enix only has two costumes. We are pretty much operating under the assumption that the Chocobo hat will return with Sephiroth (I mean it IS from Final Fantasy after all, so it'd make sense) but Geno is the toss-up seemingly. But here's my question, would it be way too obvious for the Chocobo hat to return and not the Geno costume as well? As we also know, Square Enix seems to not want to have their content appear with anything else aside from their own. That's why if the Chocobo hat returned but literally the one other costume (of a popular Smash request nonetheless) was MIA, wouldn't that be too obvious of a hint for Geno? I understand LLloyd's costume hasn't returned (along with the Monster Hunter ones), but as I said we know, those companies actually let their costumes be with other characters, unlike Square Enix. So unless the Chocobo hat doesn't appear on Thursday (which I doubt), doesn't that mean Geno is more likely to appear there than not as to not give too strong an indication that he is coming?

I realize I'm probably injecting some fan rules into this, but I legitimately think this could he something to consider. Which I am sorry that I am doing so since I was one of the people reiterating how Geno doesn't have to return with Sephiroth since he didn't with Hero. I am 99% sure Geno can be a playable character despite Sephiroth. However, the way Square Enix has been with their content and how much of a giveaway Geno's absence would be despite the Chocobo hat being there feel like sticking points for me. I'd love to hear the thread's opinion on this. What do you think Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

As for my feelings on Geno's costume, I am feeling a 50/50 split on it appearing.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
While I was thinking in the shower about whether I lean more on the side of Geno's costume appearing with Sephiroth or not, I actually leaned towards the "No, it won't appear" side until a thought came into my head I'd like to share. Obviously the thread knows I ain't a Geno hater (the opposite, in fact) but I couldn't shake this thought...

As we know, Square Enix only has two costumes. We are pretty much operating under the assumption that the Chocobo hat will return with Sephiroth (I mean it IS from Final Fantasy after all, so it'd make sense) but Geno is the toss-up seemingly. But here's my question, would it be way too obvious for the Chocobo hat to return and not the Geno costume as well? As we also know, Square Enix seems to not want to have their content appear with anything else aside from their own. That's why if the Chocobo hat returned but literally the one other costume (of a popular Smash request nonetheless) was MIA, wouldn't that be too obvious of a hint for Geno? I understand LLloyd's costume hasn't returned (along with the Monster Hunter ones), but as I said we know, those companies actually let their costumes be with other characters, unlike Square Enix. So unless the Chocobo hat doesn't appear on Thursday (which I doubt), doesn't that mean Geno is more likely to appear there than not as to not give too strong an indication that he is coming?

I realize I'm probably injecting some fan rules into this, but I legitimately think this could he something to consider. Which I am sorry that I am doing so since I was one of the people reiterating how Geno doesn't have to return with Sephiroth since he didn't with Hero. I am 99% sure Geno can be a playable character despite Sephiroth. However, the way Square Enix has been with their content and how much of a giveaway Geno's absence would be despite the Chocobo hat being there feel like sticking points for me. I'd love to hear the thread's opinion on this. What do you think Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

As for my feelings on Geno's costume, I am feeling a 50/50 split on it appearing.
So basically, if Geno's not gonna get costumed, then the Chocobo costume might not return either, because the Geno costume and only that costume being missing would make things too obvious?

It's possible, I guess, though it'd be weird if the one returning costume directly based on Final Fantasy didn't return with... you know, a Final Fantasy character. Then again, neither costumes returned with Hero despite making sense to put those costumes there, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom