• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Ironically, Geno not being shown at Sephiroth's showcase actually gets me a bit more nervous, thinking that Geno is out completely. Why have the third Square related content addition and not have him? If they wanted to keep him a surprise secret of a playable character, that defeated it because his absence yet again would tip people off there's something special about him. But then the fear that they dropped him completely.

Now if Chocobo hat is still missing after that, that just makes it even more confusing.
Nah, they wouldnt cut geno out completely, i mean the whole point of the smash 4 costume was sakurai throwing us a bone, so not making geno playable AND not giving the costume back is just illogical.
Though if im being honest, id rather just not have any costume

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Is downplaying the importance of Sephiroth because hes not geno a thing now? Look, its not even the 17th yet, yall dont know if a costume is coming or not and hell Seph is hella iconic. You cant have cloud without his main rival. Hell, Sephiroth even followed Cloud to Kingdom Hearts and left the world after him after cloud also left the world..that and hes really cool

but anyway, the 17th, yall will see what happens in terms of costumes and song size then. Hope yall get at least a nice costume

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
So does Sephiroth change anyone else's predictions for the last three fighters? Because looking at all the DLC we've gotten so far, none of them have been that obvious ahead of time except for Banjo funnily enough. The rest, at least to me, were either surprising picks, or characters that had been counted out. So while we talk a lot about characters like Crash, Doom Slayer/Master Chief, Ryu, Dante etc, those all seem too obvious really. Like maybe we'll get one of those, but as for the other two characters I have no idea what to expect.
Steve and Sephiroth were both huge characters.

Admittedly I don't know how exactly Nintendo's budget works for Smash, but if it works like I imagine it does I think we're getting smaller characters and first party characters from this point on.

Maybe we'll get one more big name character but that'd probably be it.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so here's what I found in a short time span. This is a Japanese poll from earlier in the year I'm sure was discussed in this thread before:

Sora Is The Most Wanted Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter In A Japanese Poll | NintendoSoup

Geno made 15th place with 26 votes, which isn't bad. That's around half the votes that Sephiroth got (59). But there were also 3000 votes cast, with Sora nabbing the #1 spot having 290 of those votes. This tells me Geno is still getting fan support, but if you look at the other characters on the list (Dante, Monster Hunter, Crash) they're all stupidly popular in the West as well, so there's some stiff competition. Also, Steve is on there! Yes, the DLC was decided BEFORE the poll, I understand that, but the poll was a snapshot of how people felt at the time and it's likely similar to how they felt on the ballot, how they felt while Nintendo was deciding DLC, and so forth.

Also, not going to link them, but digging around the archives of 4chan and 2chan ever so briefly there were actually a LOT of posts talking about Sephiroth and Smash around the start of last month and going all the way back to before Byleth and, presumably, maybe even 2018. Most were people talking about how he's such an obvious pick, and there was definitely sparring between Geno and Sephiroth fans (of course), but what I find interesting are two posts in particular: one was a guy who kept posting the same thread again and again claiming that Square would only dump money on Sephiroth and nobody else, talking as if he was already in the game; the second was a person who recapped what Vergeben had stated, and said it indicated (to them) that Sephiroth was pretty much the only option for Square at that point. I think it was in reference to the 7 Squares leak and how, looking over when Verge heard the names and who the names were, Sephiroth was the only "big" name on that list that would please all the stakeholders.

Food for thought. None of it is concrete and none of our major insiders leaked this one, but it's interesting to see nonetheless. Geno holds on strongly for sure, but I think we all underestimated other factors. If he's not in this game, he's absolutely the Banjo/K. Rool for Smash 6.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
CopperKoopa CopperKoopa If he's a Mii costume then he's a Mii costume and that's that but I feel like there's enough to suggest that him coming with Sephiroth isn't a sure thing. The things I'm currently focused on:

-Chocobo hat and Geno don't have to come together. They're not a real pair like Tails and Knuckles.

-Sephiroth falls under the Final Fantasy umbrella and not just FF VII. I remember cracking jokes years ago that Square had sour grapes about Cloud not being paid DLC a second time and Sephiroth would only get in if Square reeeeeeeally wanted people to pay extra for Final Fantasy content and, well, sure enough... 14 mainline games and god knows how many spin-offs and there's a lot to choose from. Hell, all the party members of FF VII alone are iconic enough to warrant costumes so I don't think they'll be tapped for ideas and immediately make a grab at Geno.

-With how Hero turned out, his costume spread was a celebration of Dragon Quest and this happening with Sephiroth and Final Fantasy wouldn't surprise me. Moogles, Cactaur, Tonberry, etc are very iconic creatures and don't even get me started on the summons and basic classes from the early games. Once again, there's plenty of options and them zeroing in on Geno is basically worst case scenario.

-Just how Mii costumes have been treated do far. The biggest losses have been with the base game and they ripped that bandaid off hard and fast. We have yet to have a top 10 character taken out back and Old Yellered and I feel this is deliberate. Every costume wave with Smash 4 had at least one dream crusher but the characters that the axe have fallen on with DLC have been top 25 at best.

-Sakurai made it pretty clear that Geno was a Mii costume in Smash 4 because he wanted to give the Geno fanbase a consolation prize. Seeing how Sakurai played miracle worker and got not one but four Dragon Quest heroes and Sephiroth from Square Enix, I no longer doubt Square Enix would be willing to play ball if Sakurai wanted Geno playable. Like with Hero, the big picture might be a priority thing but I'm really hard pressed at this point to believe that Sakurai didn't at least try and, if he did, I sincerely doubt he failed.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Is downplaying the importance of Sephiroth because hes not geno a thing now? Look, its not even the 17th yet, yall dont know if a costume is coming or not and hell Seph is hella iconic. You cantbhave cloud without his main rival...that and hes really cool

but anyway, the 17th, yall will see what happens in terms of costumes and song size then. Hope yall get at least a nice costume
I cant tell what youve seen, but i havent really seen anyone here "downplaying" sephiroth's importance. I think everyone here is well aware that sephiroth is an icon in his own right, but like... at least for me... that doesnt really matter. This is a geno thread, so obviously a lot of people are underwhelmed.
I honestly didnt even watch the trailer live, i just came here as soon as i saw it was sephiroth because i just wasnt really interested in the character.

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
I appreciated and am envious of your tenacity here. But I think this whole thread is falling into the sunk cost fallacy, honestly. I'm excited to play as him as a deluxe mii costume, honestly.

Not trying to sound like a bigot, but Japan looooooooooooooves FF7 and creams itself over the thought of Sephiroth and Cloud every single day. Just like Sakurai saying "it had to be Cloud" when offered an FF rep for Smash 4, in this case "it had to Sephiroth." Japan (and also the wallets of every exec at Nintendo and Square) wouldn't have it any other way.
Dont worry you don't sound like a bigot, it's just that if I wanna fight Sephiroth with cloud, there's a goddamn remake that came out this year lol, let other games shine for real :(

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Generally, this hits on most of the names that I heard around that time, with a bunch that never reached my ears.

There are a few missing, for example:
Dante, Melmetal, and Katalina were all prototyped but scrapped.
Geno was on the Square Enix list.
Edelgaard did get some consideration.
Bandana Waddle Dee, Sylux, Slime, Dovakhiin, and the protagonist character of Little Town Hero were all names I heard at some point, but I have doubts about their legitimacy.

Dante is an interesting case because there was some confusion around whether he was only scrapped for the base game and if there was a chance for work to pick back up on him for DLC.

This list could be legitimate, but I'd err on the side of it being a really lucky guess (although there are some names on there that are pretty surprising guesses).

EXPRESSLY to be an ABSOLUTE BUTT of a man, I'm gonna dig this out of the grave. Yeah, this whole "list of suggested characters" that we VIOLENTLY ARGUED ABOUT for a bit at the beginning of October with some going "Yeah, executives probably did at SOME POINT compile a list of big fat maybes to present to Sakurai and ask if they could be added to Smash whilst peering over their glasses", and others going "SHUT UP, there is no list you STUPID MONGREL MUTT!" It was a... violent time. Many people were stabbed... thrown in dumpsters, lit on fire, even PEED ON.

Anyhow, Sephiroth was indeed on that list so apart from Min Min (who may or may not have been a special situation BIG FAT QUESTION MARK) it's been hitting em out of the park, xenother xenother was able to be all "this hits on most the names I heard at that time"... so.... MAAAAAAYBEEEE? Maybe NOT?

Surely the only thing we can do NOW is to VIOLENTLY YELL AT EACH OTHER OVER IT! PUNCH EACH OTHER! BEAT EACH OTHER! TAKE EACH OTHER'S OREOS, THROW THEM ON THE FLOOR AND PEE ON THEM WHILE YELLING OBSCENITIES AT THEIR DOG!

Or of course we could have civil, open minded discussion of the possibility, that works too.
EDIT.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I cant tell what youve seen, but i havent really seen anyone here "downplaying" sephiroth's importance. I think everyone here is well aware that sephiroth is an icon in his own right, but like... at least for me... that doesnt really matter. This is a geno thread, so obviously a lot of people are underwhelmed.
I honestly didnt even watch the trailer live, i just came here as soon as i saw it was sephiroth because i just wasnt really interested in the character.
"Hes an anime swordsman" comes to mind. Thats the main thing Im seeing

But still you all should wait till the 17th before you say that your character is out of the running because you don't know if the costume is returning or not. Just wait till then

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Flaming
That user has a history of hating on Geno fans. Just another asshole gloating in their own sad way.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
CopperKoopa CopperKoopa If he's a Mii costume then he's a Mii costume and that's that but I feel like there's enough to suggest that him coming with Sephiroth isn't a sure thing. The things I'm currently focused on:

-Chocobo hat and Geno don't have to come together. They're not a real pair like Tails and Knuckles.

-Sephiroth falls under the Final Fantasy umbrella and not just FF VII. I remember cracking jokes years ago that Square had sour grapes about Cloud not being paid DLC a second time and Sephiroth would only get in if Square reeeeeeeally wanted people to pay extra for Final Fantasy content and, well, sure enough... 14 mainline games and god knows how many spin-offs and there's a lot to choose from. Hell, all the party members of FF VII alone are iconic enough to warrant costumes so I don't think they'll be tapped for ideas and immediately make a grab at Geno.

-With how Hero turned out, his costume spread was a celebration of Dragon Quest and this happening with Sephiroth and Final Fantasy wouldn't surprise me. Moogles, Cactaur, Tonberry, etc are very iconic creatures and don't even get me started on the summons and basic classes from the early games. Once again, there's plenty of options and them zeroing in on Geno is basically worst case scenario.

-Just how Mii costumes have been treated do far. The biggest losses have been with the base game and they ripped that bandaid off hard and fast. We have yet to have a top 10 character taken out back and Old Yellered and I feel this is deliberate. Every costume wave with Smash 4 had at least one dream crusher but the characters that the axe have fallen on with DLC have been top 25 at best.

-Sakurai made it pretty clear that Geno was a Mii costume in Smash 4 because he wanted to give the Geno fanbase a consolation prize. Seeing how Sakurai played miracle worker and got not one but four Dragon Quest heroes and Sephiroth from Square Enix, I no longer doubt Square Enix would be willing to play ball if Sakurai wanted Geno playable. Like with Hero, the big picture might be a priority thing but I'm really hard pressed at this point to believe that Sakurai didn't at least try and, if he did, I sincerely doubt he failed.
I hate to break it, but the official trailer released after the live one corrected the FF logo to be specifically FF7. That doesn't mean we can't get Cactaurs, Moogles, etc. but they are still hard-shilling for FF7 and FF7 alone for some stupid reason.

Sakurai is a miracle worker for sure, I don't doubt the man. I just won't be shocked next week when Geno drops in as a costume.

So was Geno Leakbait?
Isn't that the million dollar question, huh?

971.gif

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Nah, they wouldnt cut geno out completely, i mean the whole point of the smash 4 costume was sakurai throwing us a bone, so not making geno playable AND not giving the costume back is just illogical.
Though if im being honest, id rather just not have any costume
even at bare minimum, the work for the geno costume is already done from last game, releasing it would just be free money to them. If geno wasn't in the game they would have no reason not to.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Plus, even if you go by the Youtube upload of the trailer changing it to just FF7, there's still a decent amount of characters and enemies to make Mii Costumes out of

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
even at bare minimum, the work for the geno costume is already done from last game, releasing it would just be free money to them. If geno wasn't in the game they would have no reason not to.
They did a fabulous job reverse engineering the Bomberman AT into the Mii costume, and I think that's probably how they handled costumes like Isaac's as well. Not sure if Chrom's model uses anything from his Smash 4 costume at all, but my point is that you're probably onto something. It's not hard to take the model from Smash 4's costume and spruce it up for a deluxe version or a full on playable fighter.

You know, I just thought of this too: What roles does Legacy XP have to play in all this? There's still a mountain of evidence collected in support of something happening with Geno. Sephiroth was playable in some mods, but not that specific one. Geno was.

...and also Waluigi.......

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
It's a lame excuse for "I don't like this character" in my eyes
But in any case I hope everything goes well for this fandom on the 17th
I mean, i dont really see that as an excuse, they arent trying to hide that they dont like the character, in fact alot of people have made it fairly obvious, so people calling him an "anime swordsman" is just one of the reasons they arent a fan.
Me personally sephiroth himself is cool, and im sure sephiroth will have a cool moveset, but him being in the same company as multiple of my most wanted is obviously going to reduce a lot of points

a random user

Smash Journeyman
They did a fabulous job reverse engineering the Bomberman AT into the Mii costume, and I think that's probably how they handled costumes like Isaac's as well. Not sure if Chrom's model uses anything from his Smash 4 costume at all, but my point is that you're probably onto something. It's not hard to take the model from Smash 4's costume and spruce it up for a deluxe version or a full on playable fighter.

You know, I just thought of this too: What roles does Legacy XP have to play in all this? There's still a mountain of evidence collected in support of something happening with Geno. Sephiroth was playable in some mods, but not that specific one. Geno was.

...and also Waluigi.......
chroms model is the same one from robins final smash, the mii costume was dlc last game, and like made from said model

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think the costume was absent with Hero because probably by that time they knew they were going to put Sephiroth in. Better to keep that presentation focused on DQ and have all Square stuff show up with a character that is made by SquareSoft.
Geno showed up with FF content last time so it’s likely he shows up this time around. Don’t know how stingy they’ll be with costumes this time though. I expect around 5-6 music tracks, pretty optimistic but I think Sephiroth is also into “complete” FF content. We’ll probably get some FF costumes.
Anyway, here’s my prediction for the Mii fighter costumes:

1. Barrett (Gunner)
2. Tifa (Brawler)
3. Aerith or Cid(Swordfighter)
4. Chocobo hat
5. Lloyd - because he’s an RPG character
6. Geno (Premium)

Replace Lloyd with Ninja if Square wants to keep it Square focused.
Similar predictions here:

Chocobo Hat
Moogle Hat
Tifa (Brawler)
Vincent (Gunner)
Lloyd (Swordfighter)
Geno (Premium Gunner)

Just have Moogle and Vincent over Barrett and Aerith/Cid.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
As someone who’s been having my back recently especially on the Geno Discord, I got to back up @MonkeyDLenny here. Don’t villainize him guys, that’s very very immature of you to do.
I had to spend the entire day explaining to people why I really didn’t think Geno had a shot to be revealed at a place like TGA, saying the odds felt far too stacked against his favor, only to be proven right to a horrifically sad level when not only was the the character not Geno, but someone who stabbed the masamune right through his little Puppet chest and is likely going to kill off his chances in Smash Bros. for good.

Neither me or MonkeyD wanted this. Monkey himself wanted Sora as well as Geno. I don’t know why you guys think we would celebrate the deconfirmation of a character we really, really wanted. It’s the hollowest of hollow victories.

Really hoping that Geno Mii next week can just give us solace and the willingness to move on, rather than immense crushing defeat, because i’m telling you, that day was yesterday. Better to accept it, move on, and come to terms with how things are. I even think I, myself, could benefit from this advice i’m giving, but I understand that it just isn’t that easy after being strung along for so long.

For those of you Geno fans that stuck with me and supported me even when I became the big bad hype responsibly ultra-jerk, i’m very sorry. You guys really deserved better and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I wish I could snap my fingers and change the timeline but there’s just nothing I can do. Hopefully you understand and can accept my heartfelt apology because it’s the only thing I can do.

For those of you who crapped on me consistently for tempering my expectations (despite still being optimistic about Geno’s overall chances...?), honestly, i’m still sorry you lost your guy. It’s a loss for both of us. I do however, think this should be some sort of lesson not to **** on people who are fighting for the same cause as you just for the reason that they are tempering expectations more than you’d like them to. Tough love.

I know this post won’t be received well, but i’m very much used to that at this point; and I really just have to give Monkey credit where credit is due.

That’s all. Not getting my hopes up for any of my Smash wants anymore, even if some of them do still have a chance. Sephiroth shook up speculation way too much for me to expect anything from the pass at this point, I have no idea what will happen now. I’m just glad Steve is in and i’m hoping I can pack it up from there.

Of course, still hoping for you guys (and myself, obviously) that somehow Geno dodges the Mii Costume bullet next week; but admittedly, even if that comes to pass, it just makes me even more wary that they may truly be saving his deconfirmation for the end of the pass or maybe even Pass 3. I’m not willing to go through this again.
Here's an idea then.

Stop acting like a pompous elitist every time the Geno thread doesn't get their way and going full 'I told you so'.

Like, don't do this at all, but DEFINITELY don't do it within such a short time of the reveal.

Firox

Smash Master
Ironically, Geno not being shown at Sephiroth's showcase actually gets me a bit more nervous, thinking that Geno is out completely. Why have the third Square related content addition and not have him? If they wanted to keep him a surprise secret of a playable character, that defeated it because his absence yet again would tip people off there's something special about him. But then the fear that they dropped him completely.

Now if Chocobo hat is still missing after that, that just makes it even more confusing.
I HIGHLY doubt that Geno is just getting 100% shafted if he doesn't show up as a costume with Sephi. At very least, they could just recycle the already-existing costume for some free cash. The only reason not to bring back the Geno costume would be to either:

A) Eventually reveal ANOTHER SE rep
or
B) Have Geno himself as the other rep

As far as I'm concerned, if by some miracle Geno's costume DOESN'T show up with Sephi, it's almost as good as a confirmation that he IS coming as a fighter later on.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I do not want to give anyone false hope, but the last time the Geno & Chocobo Mii could have very easily returned was with Hero.

But lo and behold, the Mii costumes were all from Dragon Quest. There was no Final Fantasy and no SMRPG to be seen in that wave.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So does Sephiroth change anyone else's predictions for the last three fighters? Because looking at all the DLC we've gotten so far, none of them have been that obvious ahead of time except for Banjo funnily enough. The rest, at least to me, were either surprising picks, or characters that had been counted out. So while we talk a lot about characters like Crash, Doom Slayer/Master Chief, Ryu, Dante etc, those all seem too obvious really. Like maybe we'll get one of those, but as for the other two characters I have no idea what to expect.
I

Demand

Eggman

Cahalan

Smash Ace
What worries me is that if Geno isn’t a Mii with Sephiroth, he might be a Mii with Waluigi.

Adding a fan requested character as a Mii Costume might have the blow softened if it is added in a fan requested character’s pack.
You could reverse the two and still be valid.

domriver

Smash Lord
Hello Geno Bros. The latest reveal of the smash dlc certainly spells doom for Geno's chances but. Like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said - lets see what happens on the 17th also if for some whatever reason Geno is MIA in the showcase. Time to wait to bitter end! Unless Sakurai has something to say about it during the showcase. All eyes on the 17th!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
You could reverse the two and still be valid.
I think Waluigi already has a Mii Costume.

Here's an idea then.

Stop acting like a pompous elitist every time the Geno thread doesn't get their way and going full 'I told you so'.

Like, don't do this at all, but DEFINITELY don't do it within such a short time of the reveal.
He’s not though, dude. I agree maybe that was a bit of a harsh thing to do so soon after the reveal but he was taking out his frustration on the people he told to relax expectations, not “haha geno is not in i told you so”. If you look at the dude’s twitter, he very clearly thought Geno was in and even made arguments and got ratio’d on Twitter for claiming that Geno is indeed a main character.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Plus, even if you go by the Youtube upload of the trailer changing it to just FF7, there's still a decent amount of characters and enemies to make Mii Costumes out of
Which is honestly alright either way because Hero's "X screen" was Smash Ultimate x DQ XI S so the chances of them casting a wide net for Final Fantasy is pretty high. Like I said last night, Chocobo is a freebie and, looking at how the rest of the packs turned out, there's 3-4 costumes left to fill. Hell, I've never beaten a Final Fantasy game to completion and even I know all the FF VII party members by memory: Tifa, Aerith, Barrett, Cait Sith, Red XIII, Vincent, Yuffie, and Cid. Another thing to consider is that most of the packs try to have a least one "named" character specifically from the game of the playable character so that knocks things down to 2-3. Anyways, for the hell of it, I'll do an analysis of the Mii costume DLC spread to potentially calculate odds going into next Thursday.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
What's amazing about SMRPG is the dialogues, they're funny and heartwarming. The world has an awesome design and every zone feels really unbelievable, that's because of square adding characters and ideas to the origin concepts of Mario, all in all its a really interesting experience because of how surrealist it feels and how impossible it would be to pull up today

But maybe it'd not for you, I'd advise you continue a little bit, but maybe it's not not for you :)
I like good writing and interesting characters. Travis Strikes again is a great example of monotonous gameplay but absolutely fantastic writing. I think the thing about SMRPG is that to me, the dialogue seems very par for the course for an RPG.

The Mario and Luigi games have really fun and interesting battles and SMPRG has the very simple your turn their turn with no real engagement from the player which is a normal thing for RPGs I understand that. I think that’s what puts me off the most.

The timed hits aren’t really that fun to me. I guess M&L’s moves just feel better to me. As time goes on I look for more control and power in my games. That’s why I love the fighting and character action genres. FF 16 looks to have that sort of gameplay and FF7R looks pretty fun. I think I’ve just lost interest in classic RPGs.

Anyway, I’ll boot it up again sometime and see if I like it any better! Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions and thoughts!

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
Is downplaying the importance of Sephiroth because hes not geno a thing now? Look, its not even the 17th yet, yall dont know if a costume is coming or not and hell Seph is hella iconic. You cant have cloud without his main rival. Hell, Sephiroth even followed Cloud to Kingdom Hearts and left the world after him after cloud also left the world..that and hes really cool

Cant wait in 20 years where the only thing square is known for is FF7 and they have never ever created anything else

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Same here, pretty much. My posts in the Geno thread are very infrequent, but I lurk here almost daily. This thread has become the de facto Smash speculation hub, and honestly, Geno represents Smash speculation more than his original game at this point. As someone who's been following the scene since 2007, I have a lot of affection for him. If nothing else, I want to pay my respects if his Mii costume (deluxe or not) shows up next week. But if that costume somehow doesn't make an appearance, I'm just gonna nope out of this thread for a while. Geno's diehard supporters and haters are going to be at each other's throats if there's even a shred of doubt regarding his fate, and I just don't need that kind of toxicity after the year I've had. Definitely not surrounding a hobby that's intended to be an escape.
Exactly. If Geno does get revealed as a Mii costume it puts the debate to end, but if its he is not revealed, then

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I propose that we start a #freegeno trend on twitter. Who's with me (although somebody else would have to do this as I refuse to actually get a twitter account)
No, absolutely not.

#FreeMelee was spammed in the VGAs chat all night long, as if the movement wasn't annoying and misinformed enough.

We don't need Geno attached to a movement that promotes misunderstanding situations, ignorance, and anger at an entire company over taking appropriate legal actions like they always have and just NOW happen to get flamed heavily for it of all times.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Once again though, Nintendo actually made a good pick that no one really saw coming.

I believe this pick will change the mindset of some speculators going forward cuz in my eyes it opens up to other things as well considering icons like Eggman are probably underrated. (Unless he is already a boss in game?)
At the same time, it’s true that ff didn’t have any content, and FF7 is an ongoing series so it does make sense.

I do believe Geno would be the odd man out in an all final fantasy pack if it is treated like DQ. However I think a premium mii version of his old costume would be ideal for the gunner build anyways. Or a black mage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom