• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I am impressed that people are disappointed in sephiroth. How did it get like this?
because people want geno and not sephiroth, in this thread.
Another Square rep puts Geno on the mat, if not out of the ring.
I liked/ loved Sephiroth, but it twists me up inside because it puts geno probably out as a dlc fighter,
Odds are he will be a mii costume.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I am impressed that people are disappointed in sephiroth. How did it get like this?
Sephiroth is cool. I'd just prefer Sephiroth have been in base game and have Geno be the one who just got revealed as DLC. On top of that, Seph kinda came out of nowhere for most people - the supposed 'battle' was between Geno and either Sora or 2B. I don't think anybody was actually expecting Sephiroth.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
To be on the more positive side, however, I will say at least Sephiroth looks cool and I don't wanna harp on his inclusion too much just because he wasn't the character I wanted. He looks like a really great character and I'm stoked that One Winged Angel is going to be a song in Smash. I just feel like Sephiroth is unnecessary because we already had our FF7 rep with Cloud, and it feels like the biggest slap in the face four our third Square Enix character to be yet another FF rep, Like I would understand if it was a different Final Fantasy rep, but another one from FF7? Like seriously?

Another thing is that I LOATHED how that that trailer played out. Here we see all these Mario, Square Enix and fan requested characters gather around Galeem, a literally ball of light, and I couldn't help but think this was Geno. To say that this trailer was misleading would be an incredibly huge understatement. As soon as I heard the start of One Winged Angel, that was the moment my heart sank. I was honestly scared to check up on this thread because I knew you all would be as disappointed as I was.

And thirdly, and this is the biggest point for me, I just know I'm going to be attack and bullied for this for years to come. I was bandwagoning all of this "evidence" with you all all for nothing. We are all going to be the laughing stock of GameFAQ's, 4Chan, Twitter, Facebook, and literally every other social media platform. The Smash community hates us as is and now I can't wait to be harassed about Geno getting the DeLuXe MiI cOsTuMe TrEaTmEnT.

Like, I never thought I would ever be disappointed about a reveal, but somehow I am. Fighters Pass 2 is off to a rough start and it doesn't even COMPARE to how hype and interesting the picks were for Pass 1. So when I'm disappointed, its not even that I'm disappointed about Sephiroth specifically, but its moreso about the points I mentioned above. I waited for Geno not just because he was a most wanted character for me, but I just didn't want to be harassed anymore, and I just wanted to finally get our time to shine with this game. Sephiroth looks cool, One Winged Angel is an amazing song, but my god words cannot describe how disappointed I am with this reveal. Right now, I have lost all hope for Geno unless either A. His costume is still MIA with Sephiroth, or B. We get FP3, and both scenarios are extremely unlikely to me.

Anyways, its been an absolute honor to speculate with you all. Even though our journey is probably over, I'm just glad I was granted the opportunity to speculate with all of you for these past few months, and these past few months were easily some of the most fun I had with speculating Smash in a while. I just wanted to get this all of my chest. I'm not angry or salty, I'm just EXTREMELY disappointed. Whoever these last three characters are, I just hope Sakurai really knocks it out of the park with these next additions, because I think its fair to say Pass 2 has been extremely disappointing so far.

Glory2Snowstar

Smash Rookie
As somebody whose dreams for Doomslayer got smashed tonight, I sympathize with each and every one of you. Hopefully Geno gets a great Mii Costume with some iconic music, that would be far better than nothing. That's also what I'm bartering on with Doomslayer, hopefully SOME Doom representation gets into Smash.
Compassion is defined as suffering with each other, so let's stay compassionate. Softens the blow.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Y’all would’ve been mad if they added Sora. Unpleasable. If geno got in you’d play him for a week and move on to someone else to harass Sakurai over. I might be being negative towards you all, but look at the freaking negativity in this thread in general...
man why are you here lmao

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Well, I want to say something. I played SMRPG long ago and I liked the characters, Geno and Mallow were cool, I always thought that they deserved to be in more games but when I saw the backstory with Square Enix I lost all hope and decided to forget about those characters since I knew that I wouldn't be able to see them again.

In December of 2018 I decided to buy Smash Ultimate, unlike the previous games I got really invested on it. I started to explore the competitive scene and eventually look forward to the DLC characters, when Banjo got announced I saw a lot of stories of people that were requesting him for years. The reason? Because they wanted to see him again and Smash was a way to bring him back. And then I found out something else.

Yes, I found out about Geno, that character that I already forgot about and thought I would never see again was a popular request. And then I felt hope, a hope to see him back after all these years, a hope to see one of my favorite videogame characters of all time to be back, to see him again. It was at that moment when I decided to support him.

However, it wasn't as easy as I initially thought, although Geno was a popular request a lot of people hated him and sometimes I got harrased just for saying that I wanted him in Smash. But I didn't want to give up and I kept receiving hate for that.

But then, one day, I found about this thread. I saw a lot of people who supported him, I saw even how new members joined, I saw how they shared their experiences and stories with SMRPG and Geno, I saw them making jokes and memes... And I hoped that one day I could join them.

And one day, I gathered up the courage and created an account and posted my first reply. I finally found a place where I could talk about SMRPG and Geno without being harrased, I could share my experiences about the game, I even started to make memes and jokes myself and I could speculate about Geno's chances to join Smash. At first I thought Geno was really unlikely, but that mentality slowly faded away and I started to think that he had a really good chance.

I lived a lot of good memories in this thread, the MinMin reveal was a great day, I was amazed at how many people came here to celebrate that the spirit fanrule got destroyed and I wondered how many people would come and how would they react when Geno joined Smash.
Later, we had nothing to speculate about, but I kept coming back to this thread, I wasn't sure why. But later I realised that the reason why I was coming back was because I liked this place and the people on it, it was really fun.

But it seems that all fun comes to an end, huh? Today was painful, that hope that I had was destroyed once again. I'm going to stay until the presentation praying for the Mii costume to be still missing, but honestly I should accept that is all over. By the way, I made this for when Geno was revealed but I guess it's useless now:

Nyan Cat Geno.gif

I hope that one day I get the chance to use it propely... Well guess I'm going to sleep now, it's 2:28 AM here, I wish I could wake up with a surprise second smash reveal at the end of the Game Awards, but I know that's impossible. Once again, to all the members of this thread, thank you for all these great memories, you made me really happy all this time.

Flaming
Y’all would’ve been mad if they added Sora. Unpleasable. If geno got in you’d play him for a week and move on to someone else to harass Sakurai over. I might be being negative towards you all, but look at the freaking negativity in this thread in general...
Go **** yourself. Geno fans already lost. We already know we didn't deserve a W. We don't need anybody else reminding us that we're at the bottom of the Smash rung. Why don't you go throw a party at your house celebrating the death of the evil blue puppet man and the losers that supported him on Gamefaqs or something?

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
And thirdly, and this is the biggest point for me, I just know I'm going to be attack and bullied for this for years to come. I was bandwagoning all of this "evidence" with you all all for nothing. We are all going to be the laughing stock of GameFAQ's, 4Chan, Twitter, Facebook, and literally every other social media platform. The Smash community hates us as is and now I can't wait to be harassed about Geno getting the DeLuXe MiI cOsTuMe TrEaTmEnT.
Look on the bright side....Karma is a *****. All those trolls and malicious wastes of human flesh will eventually burn in hell for being absolutely disgusting creatures by nature.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
This Fighters Pass 2 sucks, it's not even close to Fighters Pass 1, I'm glad I didn't buy it.
I’ve been pretty luke-warm on this myself. None of them are bad picks but could’ve been much better imo. Still waiting for something really good before I buy it.
On the bright side, Ultimate modders can now work on a really good, proper Geno mod.

... Y'all gonna do it, right? Pretty please? :geno:
I think someone is working on a full character mod (or maybe a moveset?), so hopefully someone will do that one day.
if geno's costume doesnt show up AGAIN i'm gonna be convinced somthings up. Luckily a showcase will be soon if he drops in december

How am i both hyped and exhausted
I’m not gonna get my hopes up, but I’m thinking there’ll be a third pass of 3 because of the empty slots. Probably just mii costumes and assists though (so there may be a shred of hope).

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Just came back to check in on the thread after months. Im not giving up until we get a mii costume. But on the bright side, Sephiroth is an awesome character. And i'm glad some people got their pick. I don't support however people coming to this thread telling us "we suck" though, its over a character we want in a video game, not a big deal. I think the mindset that some people have to argue because they want to rub it in that their character is in and ours isn't, isn't a good mindset. Lets be happy regardless of the character choice, and just because ours may seem less likely at the moment doesn't mean anything for anyone else character. Just be happy based on what actually happened, and hopeful based on your own pick. At the end of the day, someone got super excited over Sephiroth, and though it might not be us, be happy for them.

Also condolences to Sora fans, on top of us being in this position right now, both of our chances aren't looking the brightest at the moment. Also if we do get a mii costume on the 17th, Ill still be happy at the end of the day. We got recognized, and in smash in some form at least, which makes me happy.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Thats one of the most tone-deaf line ive read in my life, dude. that aint it, chief.

Firox

Smash Master
Well, I want to say something. I played SMRPG long ago and I liked the characters, Geno and Mallow were cool, I always thought that they deserved to be in more games but when I saw the backstory with Square Enix I lost all hope and decided to forget about those characters since I knew that I wouldn't be able to see them again.

In December of 2018 I decided to buy Smash Ultimate, unlike the previous games I got really invested on it. I started to explore the competitive scene and eventually look forward to the DLC characters, when Banjo got announced I saw a lot of stories of people that were requesting him for years. The reason? Because they wanted to see him again and Smash was a way to bring him back. And then I found out something else.

Yes, I found out about Geno, that character that I already forgot about and thought I would never see again was a popular request. And then I felt hope, a hope to see him back after all these years, a hope to see one of my favorite videogame characters of all time to be back, to see him again. It was at that moment when I decided to support him.

However, it wasn't as easy as I initially thought, although Geno was a popular request a lot of people hated him and sometimes I got harrased just for saying that I wanted him in Smash. But I didn't want to give up and I kept receiving hate for that.

But then, one day, I found about this thread. I saw a lot of people who supported him, I saw even how new members joined, I saw how they shared their experiences and stories with SMRPG and Geno, I saw them making jokes and memes... And I hoped that one day I could join them.

And one day, I gathered up the courage and created an account and posted my first reply. I finally found a place where I could talk about SMRPG and Geno without being harrased, I could share my experiences about the game, I even started to make memes and jokes myself and I could speculate about Geno's chances to join Smash. At first I thought Geno was really unlikely, but that mentality slowly faded away and I started to think that he had a really good chance.

I lived a lot of good memories in this thread, the MinMin reveal was a great day, I was amazed at how many people came here to celebrate that the spirit fanrule got destroyed and I wondered how many people would come and how would they react when Geno joined Smash.
Later, we had nothing to speculate about, but I kept coming back to this thread, I wasn't sure why. But later I realised that the reason why I was coming back was because I liked this place and the people on it, it was really fun.

But it seems that all fun comes to an end, huh? Today was painful, that hope that I had was destroyed once again. I'm going to stay until the presentation praying for the Mii costume to be still missing, but honestly I should accept that is all over. By the way, I made this for when Geno was revealed but I guess it's useless now:

View attachment 294976
I hope that one day I get the chance to use it propely... Well guess I'm going to sleep now, it's 2:28 AM here, I wish I could wake up with a surprise second smash reveal at the end of the Game Awards, but I know that's impossible. Once again, to all the members of this thread, thank you for all these great memories, you made me really happy all this time.
You are such a treasure and I'm honored to have had you with us. Even if you had to summon the courage to post, no amount of quantity can ever compare to quality like this. Thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom