• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Realistically our only hope is Nintendo treating Geno as a Mario character more than a SE one. Also let’s remember the mii costume leak. Does a Sephiroth character with Smithy, Mallow and Geno really make sense? Maybe as a consolation from Sakurai to fans but still that’s pretty weird.
Super Mario RPG was more or less a Final Fantasy game within the Mario aesthetic, Geno fitting in nicely with the more mascot-y characters like the Moogle and Cactuar.

Alternatively, Nintendo's mandates on Mario may be why Geno isn't happening. Do you think they want a game they had no hand in getting attention and possibly garnering more attention for a genre they want Mario out of? Never mind Paper Mario, SMRPG is far out there within their vision for Mario.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
i can't help but wonder, if smash was the showstarter, then what do they have planed for the end? breath of the wild 2 gameplay? metroid prime 4, bayonetta 3, some game i don't care about? i suppose it is still possible for a second reveal however unlikely it is (especially with how far apart the characters have been spaced)

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Don't think like that. Geno could still make it in as bonus DLC or in Fighter's Pass 3 if that's a thing.
Eh I doubt it. I really think this is the end of our journey here. I know a company double-dipping in the same Pass is kinda a fan rule, but it just doesn't make sense in my head for Square Enix to double dip in the same Pass.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
For anyone too upset just keep in mind that in the Steve reveal Sakurai made it clear that these weren't his top picks. There's still a while before there are no more fighters but even if Geno shows up that doesn't make it impossible. There will be a Smash 6 / Ultimate port at the least in the future. Same thing I said to the K. Rool crowd as long as Smash still goes on I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I for one think Sephiroth is neat. A lot of people are hype and it may not be the most exciting choice more villains in Smash is always awesome so I can't be too mad.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh I doubt it. I really think this is the end of our journey here. I know a company double-dipping in the same Pass is kinda a fan rule, but it just doesn't make sense in my head for Square Enix to double dip in the same Pass.
Like really? Sephiroth just broke the "No unique secondary 3rd party reps" fan rule and you think they can't double dip in the same Pass? It's possible regardless of what the fans think.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I’m a little bummed that this probably means Sora, Neku, and Geno don’t have a chance, but if we’re being realistic, Sephiroth is about as iconic a bad guy as they come. It was unexpected and sure, I’d probably have wanted a different Square character, but he’s damn cool. And Cloud vs. Sephiroth is classic good guy bad guy stuff.

Really am bummed for you guys though, you’ve been waiting for so long and Sephiroth would have been the bottom of my list of characters I was expecting today.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Like really? Sephiroth just broke the "No unique secondary 3rd party reps" fan rule and you think they can't double dip in the same Pass? It's possible regardless of what the fans think.
I know its possible, but its just extremely unlikely to me. The only way my confidence will build back up is if either A. Geno's costume still isn't back with Sephiroth's Pass, and B. Fighters Pass 3 gets confirmed, and both scenarios are hella unlikely to me.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
"Sephiroth is too OP, he'll never be in". Yeah right

As Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has said, and I do agree, its not over till we see a corpse. If there is no Geno Mii costume, Square-Enix could brake a fan rule and double dip in this pass, or be in the speculated 3rd pass.

I also feel that caco-mallow isn't out of the running if the Mallow hat shows up and/or if the cacodemon shows up in the last 3 reveals.

I prefer to wait and see.

I do think the list of companies Fatman has mention is also accurate, so I will be watching to the end

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
Well, talk about the all time unexpected. When is Sakurai's presentation for him? I was busy with an exam in my night class.

At the very least, let's wait until the Mii costumes are revealed then.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Not that it matters anymore but some people think we might get a second reveal because the website didn’t add Sephiroth yet

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So apparently the smash website hasn’t updated yet so people believe they might be announcing another character. Haven’t checked myself but I hope we do get a 2nd reveal. When we got hero’s reveal the smash website didn’t update until banjo was shown.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Listen to me! Don't call it quits until you see that Mii costume because if Geno isn't with Sephiroth there is still a chance.
well I guess if there’s second trailer at the end could be a follow up on Genoresurrecting mario somehow

plus the website didn’t update yet. The same thing happen when hero was announced then banjo jumps out at the end and then it updates

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom