• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
All this did was confirm that I'm not buying the pass and at best will buy an individual pack that catches my eye and even I'm reluctant to do that when I have other options to pick from. All in all, I have no hope for the rest of this pass. I'm betting this was another favor for Square if not Sakurai taking the chance to even the playing field for Final Fantasy VII representation.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well, I can't say this doesn't hurt...
I'm gonna be honest, Sephiroth looks cool as frick. I can't wait to play him. But, this doesn't make the best chances for Geno. I wouldn't count him out yet-after all, Sakurai is quite the madman-but still. My condolences. I wanted him in too-I haven't even played SMRPG, but the enthusiasm from the Geno base has really rubbed off on me.
Ah well. See you guys when the Mii Costumes get revealed. When that happens, either we sink to the bottom of the ocean, or we rise to the surface. No telling until then.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This just proves that anything goes. You can’t rule out Geno yet just because Sephiroth was announced. There is no rule that says one 1 rep from 1 company per pass so I don’t know why people here keep suggesting that
I don't think there's a rule, but I am very confused by the mentality of this thread that seems to have changed? Not trying to call you guys out, but I remember EVERYONE saying "Square is such a stingy company, they'll only do one DLC character if anything." Then Hero came out and everyone was pissed. Now Seph is out and suddenly Square isn't a stingy company anymore and everyone has faith in them? I'm just confused lol

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I’ve given up 90% of my hope now but TECHNICALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY there’s still a chance of Geno being playable.

A very low chance but if Nintendo wanted to, being the greedy company they can be, they could advertise Geno as 1st party instead of being a 3rd party because Geno originated in a Nintendo game.

That way by doing that they can get a Mario rep in the pass and a square rep at the same time

Again it all hinges on whether the Geno costume comes with sephiroph. If it doesn’t come back then there’s a chance we could be looking at a loophole situation.

Very very veryyyyyyyy low chance though. Feeling quite sad to be honest

To want a character for soooo long, have things line up and make you feel excited and only to have it ripped away.

The trailer was fantastic though

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , wasn't one of the games you heard was Perfect Dark?
Yes.

Still, waiting on the costume. I want to see a corpse before I declare Geno officially dead for this game. As KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 can confirm, we had to wait literally until the very end to call it quits for Brawl and Smash 4. There's a year left and too many people actively anticipating us folding early. **** 'em. Let's see this through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
I guess I am honestly more confused than anything else.

Sephiroth would by all reasoning be a much harder get from Square than Geno. So did Sakurai ask Square for Geno and was turned down to "settle" for Seph? Did Sakurai abandon his personal tastes at the potential of a harder get in Sephiroth?

Why is Square then holding onto 2 characters and some MP3 track with such a deathgrip and not doing anything with them? Why can't (or won't) Nintendo make a play to buy them outright...Squares price for something they have not touched in 10+ years can't be THAT high for a company like Nintendo that is Scrooge McDuck vault levels of swimming in money?

I get heroes vs villains. I don't get Sephiroth.

And im not even upset about Sephiroth on the whole getting in.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Believe me, I am LIVID for about 20 different reasons, but partly because I actually want to watch the show (my anger blocked me from seeing PERFECT DARK HOLY ****) and because theres this itch about them STARTING with Smash that makes me think something else is going to happen. It won't, but I can dream.

Also I need to calm myself to write a 345 paragraph essay because **** THIS.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
And honestly, I don't even think I would have been this disappointed had I not been played AGAIN. During Steve's trailer, I really thought it was gonna be a trailer for Geno because it REALLY looked like Mario got knocked in to Bowser's Keep from SMRPG. Now for Sephiroth's trailer, I really thought this was Geno's trailer because I seen Mario together along with various other Square Enix and fan favorite characters. And the fact that they were all going up against Galeem made me really think Geno was gonna defeat him, considering Geno primarily attacks using beams of light. The fact that this was Sephiroth, of all characters, was really the ultimate slap in the face to me.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm not trying to pick a fight, or be a ****, but my honest question (in case my post above gets overlooked) is, why do so many of you have faith in Square now? Because everyone was very quick to call Square a very stingy company, and say they wouldn't do more than one DLC character. But now there's faith that they may go above and beyond to get a third character in the works.

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute. Why do you guys think they bothered showing Smash first? Didn't we come up with a dictionary of reasons why Smash being first makes no sense?
Well, they did announce it before the live. Maybe they just didn't want to drag the smash fans for too long

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Darn what a surprisingly frustrating reveal. Sephiroth looks really cool and is normally a character I'd be super hype for, but this is such a gut punch. Gonna hang on through the costumes. If Geno's costume returns, hopefully it'll come with a music track this time.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Realistically our only hope is Nintendo treating Geno as a Mario character more than a SE one. Also let’s remember the mii costume leak. Does a Sephiroth character with Smithy, Mallow and Geno really make sense? Maybe as a consolation from Sakurai to fans but still that’s pretty weird.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Per usual, I'm waiting on the costume. Waited until the bitter end with Brawl and Smash 4, I'll do it here too. Being stubborn is my legacy and I'm not letting that up anytime soon.
Yes.

Still, waiting on the costume. I want to see a corpse before I declare Geno officially dead for this game. As KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 can confirm, we had to wait literally until the very end to call it quits for Brawl and Smash 4. There's a year left and too many people actively jerk off with greasy palms to the idea of us folding early. **** 'em. Let's see this through.

Godspeed, Capp'n.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
If Geno does end up just being a Mii costume, there's always the rumors of a SMRPG remake/sequel to look forward to. They're just rumors right now and could end up being false, but if not, it should still be looked at as a win. One of the main reasons Geno had a following to be added as a character in Smash was so that Nintendo would acknowledge the game and try to do something with the world again. So if this is the end for Geno in Ultimate, there may be hope with the potential rumor/sequel.

Also, let's wait to see if the Mii costume is actually coming back. There are still 3 more characters to reveal, and they haven't definitively said that there won't be anymore DLC character after Fighters Pass 2.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

My fair Geno, keep your chin up. Things are bound to get better.

Sure, the next dlc is square enix it seems. And it’s starting to look like there won’t be another.

My fair Geno, don’t you give up. It ain’t a total disaster.

Hey, we gave it a go, put on a heck of a show. And had a lot of fun times well get to laugh about after...

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My roommate is very excited for this, so at least I have someone to sell my switch to if the rest of the pass is as disappointing as this is.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Realistically our only hope is Nintendo treating Geno as a Mario character more than a SE one. Also let’s remember the mii costume leak. Does a Sephiroth character with Smithy, Mallow and Geno really make sense? Maybe as a consolation from Sakurai to fans but still that’s pretty weird.
Well, they kind of already do - Mallow and Geno have the Mario series emblem in Smash for their spirits.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Remember months ago when I said Sephiroth was possible and his sword's not that long?

I didn't want to be right, god damn it why am I always right?

Thanks for nothing, Sakurai.
Yeah, I said something along the same lines. People shouldn't be dismissing Sephiroth just because he has a long sword and they can still double dip, though I did say Tifa is more likely to be a second FF 7 character. Sucks that at this point Geno is 99% not in, but at least the trailer was hype and I do like Sephiroth,

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I just wanna apologize for my multiple posts of rants, but this reveal, in my opinion, was the absolute most weakest reveal for me. Sephiroth proves to me that maybe Sakurai, Nintendo and Square don't care about Geno as much as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom