• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Min Min and Steve both had insiders teasing them at the last second before their reveal.

We've got less than an hour before the Game Awards start and we eventually get Fighter 8. Have insiders said anything possibly hinting at Fighter 8?
I don't know how to embed tweets, Im old ... but there is this.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 2.31.05 PM.png

I will cry.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Min Min and Steve both had insiders teasing them at the last second before their reveal.

We've got less than an hour before the Game Awards start and we eventually get Fighter 8. Have insiders said anything possibly hinting at Fighter 8?
The only possible "hint" is that Geoff Keighley himself responded with "Whoa" on The Game Awards's Instagram post about the Smash reveal, which is basically Crash's catchphrase. Honestly though, I think its just a coincidence at best.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The only possible "hint" is that Geoff Keighley himself responded with "Whoa" on The Game Awards's Instagram post about the Smash reveal, which is basically Crash's catchphrase. Honestly though, I think its just a coincidence at best.
Since I have nothing else to do but look into this stuff, did he spell it "Whoa" or "Woah"? Because the former is the correct spelling and the latter is what's used for Crash.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Since I have nothing else to do but look into this stuff, did he spell it "Whoa" or "Woah"? Because the former is the correct spelling and the latter is what's used for Crash.
Saw it posted several pages back, here it is...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Complaining is fine.

“I’m going to uninstall the game because this character doesn’t ‘deserve’ it and anyone in that fan base doesn’t understand Smash” is being a D-bag. There’s a big spectrum here.

We’re on the same team, let’s not forget.
Imagine using your free time creating a type of person in your head to be mad at before such a person even exists. Hope you’re going to literally every other character thread and posting this stuff as people from every fanbase are going to like or dislike the DLC and are most definitely going to be honest with what they feel but don’t have randoms jumping in condescending to them about celebration/condescension etiquette before anything even happens. I will tell you right now that if I’m unhappy with the pick I will post about it and will have every right too without some person trying to thought police or insult me for it. Maybe instead of using your free time to be the moral arbiter of feelings on the internet you could just be hype for who you like and let people live :)

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
If any of you wanna be a fake leaker: Now's your chance. Emotions are running high right now and everyone's judegement is clouded, allowing you to rake in that sweet sweet internet clout for a few hours before you're wrong and the hoard of disappointed people who need a shower are unleashed upon you.

Anyways, I have insider contacts and I can confirm Nixon from Call of Duty will be our reveal tonight.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
With Nintendo doing Smash, I guess it's now safe to assume that they'll do another game or two. Uh... Any guesses?
My wild card guess is Super Mario RPG Remake/Sequel with Geno as Fighter 8. 35th Mario Anniversary is still ongoing and could work. But not hard expecting it.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
He did spell it like Woah. If this is a hint for Crash I swear...

View attachment 294916
I would suggest taking it with a grain of salt, because "Woah" is still a pretty common spelling outside of the context for Crash. We could be getting anyone tonight.

For what it's worth though, Crash would be an excellent addition for me. Especially as someone who just got the N. Sane Trilogy and wanting to get Crash Bandicoot 4: I's About Time! when it comes to Switch.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
If any of you wanna be a fake leaker: Now's your chance. Emotions are running high right now and everyone's judegement is clouded, allowing you to rake in that sweet sweet internet clout for a few hours before you're wrong and the hoard of disappointed people who need a shower are unleashed upon you.

Anyways, I have insider contacts and I can confirm Nixon from Call of Duty will be our reveal tonight.
Thank you based Woomy

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
With Nintendo doing Smash, I guess it's now safe to assume that they'll do another game or two. Uh... Any guesses?
Hello Fatmanonice,

My prediction would be a remake of Super Mario Role Playing Game: Legend of the Seven Stars for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System on the Nintendo Switch as has been rumored for several months.

With great respect,

That Male Geno

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Off the top of my head, Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3. Also, a sneak peek at Breath of the Wild 2. Maybe some additional DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (which I believe was also at last year's Game Awards).

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Uh so apparently someone on Twitter posted that they got the poster for the new character early but I really don’t wanna believe it
It's bull****, person made a bunch of weird claims about getting a Ridley Amiibo before his reveal (Which btw, the Ridley Amiibo was released 6 months after he was revealed) and Gamestop employees have come out saying it doesn't really work like that.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, if it's not Geno, then I'm hoping for at least Waluigi. I've kinda given up on any additional Sonic characters, but I'd definitely take a Sonic character. Even Zavok.

Even if it turns out that all of the coincidences mean nothing and Geno isn't getting in, then I'm hoping somehow we're able to definitively confirm that, even if we don't see his costume come back. Like I said before, I just want to know one way or another at this point.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Super Mario RPG HD, Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem Echoes 6/7, Donkey Kong 4096, WayForward Wario Land, Metroid Dread, Kirby 3D, F-Zero Maximum XGX Grand Prix, Star Fox 64 3, Yoshi’s ****in Island, Mach Rider Revengeance, non-drifting Joy-Cons, Santa Claus is real, he’s in the booth, and he’s giving out ****ING HANDJOBS

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Oh my stars! I woke up this morning to see a new Smash Bros. fighter to be revealed at The Video Game Awards! I honestly didn’t know it would happen, I thought something would happen next week! I’ve always felt for the past few days now we would get something for Smash Bros. today on Thursday, like a Mr. Sakurai Presents announcement for Friday or Monday, not a whole reveal today! I was just planning to see anything random after the show or something. With the Mario Tournament happening in a few days from now and a Tournament Event who’s name sounds similary to the Forest Maze theme, I’m so excited to see who it is! I feel like it could be Geno‘s time to shine and like my brother said today “The stars are aligning!”

If this is truly the end then it’s been fun everybody! Thank you so much for all the fun we have here! Here’s to Geno awakening! 💙🌟

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom