• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I will admit Nintendo being unusually silent about the Game Awards is discouraging to say the least. I mean, they haven't even started a sale for it, but at the same time last year they didn't actually start the sale until the day of the event. They still mentioned the show both on the Switch News and on Twitter when the nominees got announced. It's an event that was watched by 45 million people last year, I really don't think Nintendo needs to advertise their presence that much. And hell, they clearly tweeted a bunch about it last year and revealed nothing but third-party games.

Don't go in expecting the world but Nintendo showing up with absolutely nothing isn't likely people.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
If I know Pokémon (and I do) they don’t like to announce games in the same year they’ve released something else. D/P remakes would be announced next year.
The event in the game allows players to TM the move Frustration away. In Pokémon Go this is not possible outside of Team Rocket Takeover events.

Team Rocket is going to reveal Geno

Noipoi

Howdy!
The event in the game allows players to TM the move Frustration away. In Pokémon Go this is not possible outside of Team Rocket Takeover events.

Team Rocket is going to reveal Geno
3321E2AE-1A81-4AAE-B4AE-E631894CB4D1.jpeg

Prepare for trouble!

Make it double!

To protect the world from devastation!

To unite all peoples within our nation!

To denounce the evils of truth and love!

To extend our reach to the stars above!

Jessie!

James!

Team Rocket! Blast off at the speed of light!

By the way, Geno will join the fight!

:052:
Meowth! That’s right!

:202: WOOOOOBBUFFET

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I should probably do this now then: I have no idea of what is happening tomorrow or not (but I don't feel confident, transparency has been lacking all year).
But here's what I can do to help people who don't want to tune-in: if you want to stay spoiler-free from the Nintendo announcements at TGA, grab the link of this post (or bookmark it) that I'll grab out the Nintendo announcements and put them here (If I don't find a spoiler-free video, I'll put the stream with timestamps for "Nintendo reveal #1" and such...)

Stream

Reveal List
48:15 - The only Nintendo reveal of the show

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I will admit Nintendo being unusually silent about the Game Awards is discouraging to say the least. I mean, they haven't even started a sale for it, but at the same time last year they didn't actually start the sale until the day of the event. They still mentioned the show both on the Switch News and on Twitter when the nominees got announced. It's an event that was watched by 45 million people last year, I really don't think Nintendo needs to advertise their presence that much. And hell, they clearly tweeted a bunch about it last year and revealed nothing but third-party games.

Don't go in expecting the world but Nintendo showing up with absolutely nothing isn't likely people.
Exactly, plus we got No More Heroes 3 and Bravely Default 2 last year for third party games. They’ve basically always had something to show every year at TGA(not 2015 since Iwata died and Wii U droughts), no matter how big or small, so it would be surprising if they had flat out nothing this time.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I tend to think that Nintendo hardly hints to anything, but I can't ignore "Beware of Mushrooms" no matter how hard I try

Buckle up boys
That's been confirmed to just be Google Translate messing up like Google Translate regularly does. It's actually called "Fungi Fever".

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So while I'm not the type to theorycraft on the Pic of the Days, do you think this is Sakurai reflecting on what's been going on lately with Nintendo shutting down these mods and online tourneys using them?

After all, Nintendo would consider it being piracy.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
So while I'm not the type to theorycraft on the Pic of the Days, do you think this is Sakurai reflecting on what's been going on lately with Nintendo shutting down these mods and online tourneys using them?

Luffy confirmed.

D

Deleted member

... No. This is probably a reference to the fact that K. Rool took on the guise of a pirate captain that one time.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Considering how Nintendo's PR has been really awful in the past month, with now starting to block GilvaSunner's music, I really don't expect them to have any news tomorrow at the VGAs when it would make sense, instead shadow dropping news at 12:52 AM on a Tuesday. They may have gotten record sales this year, but their tonedeaf plans this year will backfire on them next year. And this makes me wary of the second pass and that they won't listen to fan support.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Considering how Nintendo's PR has been really awful in the past month, with now starting to block GilvaSunner's music, I really don't expect them to have any news tomorrow at the VGAs when it would make sense, instead shadow dropping news at 12:52 AM on a Tuesday. They may have gotten record sales this year, but their tonedeaf plans this year will backfire on them next year. And this makes me wary of the second pass and that they won't listen to fan support.
The characters were likely decided well before Nintendo's recent PR idiocy

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
1607561346125.png

It has been a while, but we got once again a decently-sized maintenance.
Context: we've gotten an insane amount of maintenance before the big update Monday last week (as I commented before) and, after it happened, they stopped having scheduled maintenances.
So for them to come back may be a sign of good news soon can't believe maintenance team has been better with communication than Nintendo's PR

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So for them to come back may be a sign of good news soon can't believe maintenance team has been better with communication than Nintendo's PR
Nintendo's PR Team: What do you mean we're supposed to be advertising the next Smash fighter and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy?
Nintendo's Maintenance Team:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Didn't seem to bother Nintendo when they revealed Palutena at E3 while having Pacman behind closed doors. Or Cloud at a random Direct instead of showcased along the ballot winner.
To point out, it was both Miis(who are massively well known) and Palutena at once. Not just Palutena. They were grouped together. Pac-Man should not have been behind closed doors, mind you.

Cloud's a good example of oddities.

We could easily get Geno at TGA, yeah. But seeing as he's not as massively known as even the Miis, I could see them choosing another time. If a SMRPG re-release is involved, that's a different story. I'm also of the belief that they don't need to be mainstream to be shown off at TGA either. As long as there's a clear dedicated fanbase, it's actually a logical time for it. Though as another person pointed out, it's probably not the best option for young kids(but Steve is a worldwide icon, so that wouldn't be an issue anyway. Oddly enough, he's our biggest character in all of Smash Ultimate DLC. But when the other biggest guns are in, it's hard to find someone bigger. Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man are the other big worldwide icons. Master Chief is admittedly close, but Halo just isn't that big in Japan. It's fairly niche there as is. I'd put him a bit below on the icon scale, like instead of S, just A++).

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I Know Fatman is known more for being a Speculator than an outright leaker

But I Remember that back in Janurary, he said some of his Contacts reported seeing Dante in Development or a Dante-Like Character. Unless he's a Mii, if this info is True, this would point towards Dante being FP8 and not Geno, if we take into Account the Development Timeline

and even then, Geno would make more sense as FP9 since March (or was it April) is the Anniversary of SMRPG. If the SMRPG Remake ,Remaster, Rerelease, Sequel is a thing, Then Geno coming with that announcement would be a Nintendo move if Geno is in the Pass

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

But I Remember that back in Janurary, he said some of his Contacts reported seeing Dante in Development or a Dante-Like Character. Unless he's a Mii, if this info is True, this would point towards Dante being FP8 and not Geno, if we take into Account the Development Timeline

and even then, Geno would make more sense as FP9 since March (or was it April) is the Anniversary of SMRPG. If the SMRPG Remake ,Remaster, Rerelease, Sequel is a thing, Then Geno coming with that announcement would be a Nintendo move if Geno is in the Pass
It's not all about anniversaries.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
...haven't we been looking at matienance for like, the past two months? And each and every time, it amounts to nothing. Often times Nintendo does maintenance for little to no reason.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

The real thing was that dante was in negotations by that time, Fatman thinks that Capcom was the last compamy to add a FP2 character. He think Dante is 11th. He think Min-Min, Steve, Geno, Lloyd, Ryu Hayabusa and Dante and then Crash, Waluigi, Master Chief and Dixie would be in Bonus

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
...haven't we been looking at matienance for like, the past two months? And each and every time, it amounts to nothing. Often times Nintendo does maintenance for little to no reason.
It didn't amount to nothing since we've gotten the big update to the Switch's firmware which added a lot of things relating to online play (hence, the insane amount of maintenance). Right after the update was live, they stopped doing any kind of maintenance on the Switch (aside from small 7 minutes ones which were pretty sporadic and hold no value, those are ones I never counted). For us to get a new 2 hour maintenance, it means that they have something coming (but we don't know what).

Before you ask, no it's not a Direct, wait until the first full week of January 2021 before starting to speculate one

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
The Game Awards are pretty much around the corner now. How are we all feeling about a Fighter #8 being revealed? I'm being cautiously optimistic myself right now, I'll be hyped if it does but not gonna hold my breath either like others did last year.

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
I know this topic is like 5 pages old but I DO wanna point out that the whole "beware the mushrooms" nonsense is definitely something that has me at least yelling angrily at my screen, because it IS the exact same kanji/word as is used in the Japanese title of the forest maze music. So after this long day I've had today I'm basically like

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Game Awards are pretty much around the corner now. How are we all feeling about a Fighter #8 being revealed? I'm being cautiously optimistic myself right now, I'll be hyped if it does but not gonna hold my breath either like others did last year.
I don’t think it’ll happen.

but I’m also prepared to get a notification while I’m shiny hunting tomorrow saying “??? Is in Smash!!!”

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm not holding my breath for a Smash reveal, but I'm still gonna be stupid af anyways and tune in because its still a possibility it could happen and I really don't wanna risk missing the reveal if it does happen, even though I'm pretty pessimistic myself.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I expect Nintendo to have some sort of presence at the Game Awards... but Smash specifically? No idea, and the current precedent we have for Smash being at the Game Awards is really weird.
  • 2018 - Joker is revealed at the Game Awards... but apparently his reveal there wasn't initially planned and was a last minute thing.
  • 2019 - No Smash reveal at the Game Awards, and instead Byleth is revealed the month afterwards... but if the way their trailer was made and the word of insiders are any indication, Byleth was planned to be a Game Awards reveal but was delayed to January 2020 for whatever reason.

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
Also, NukeLaBelle NukeLaBelle I love that new profile pic! Did you make it? Because it looks so cool!
Thank you!! No I didn't, my friend actually drew it for me as a commission. I was trying to add credit in my signature but I'll have you know it took me forever to even find where that was, despite definitely reading the word 900 times in the sidebar. Reminder that I am Very Old and do not know how to use forums. Please help this old lady across the street with her walker thank you. also yes you can all laugh at me

EDIT: ok I put it in my profile which also took me like half an hour to find where to just put "about me" stuff. I'm the worst at this, it's a miracle that I actually know how to post

EDITS POST FOR 90TH TIME: Actually here if anyone wants to see the full image, it's very embarrassing because it's me as a Mii Gunner using Geno as a spirit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom