• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChameleonTwist

Smash Rookie
Intentional or not, the Japanese translation is painfully similar to what most consider Geno's theme from SMRPG "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms":

The philologist in me wonders what the chances are we can find the Japanese title for the theme and see how the words lines up with the tournament name.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Let me take a moment to breathe and not faint because of that title. Besides the title, this doesn't look like it has anything to do with Mario or the anniversary thing, right?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hey, don't put me in with that crowd, I mean, I never was going to do that myself.

I already bought the entire second pass.
I wasn't talking about you, and I'm also not saying it's a bad thing to not buy it. Just pointing something out about the idea of sending a message.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
GUYS, WHAT IS THIS TITLE......THOSE DEVS KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let me take a moment to breathe and not faint because of that title. Besides the title, this doesn't look like it has anything to do with Mario or the anniversary thing, right?
Well, I mean... It includes all the mushroom items and is on the same weekend as the Mario tournament...

7b2.jpg

Of all the potential themes for this weekend, why this?!? My soul just wants to know peace...

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Intentional or not, the Japanese translation is painfully similar to what most consider Geno's theme from SMRPG "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms":

Too me that's the scary part, IF Geno IS gonna be in Smash wouldn't it make sense to hold out this event until AFTER Geno gets in rather then now?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Too me that's the scary part, IF Geno IS gonna be in Smash wouldn't it make sense to hold out this event until AFTER Geno gets in rather then now?
Not if Geno's Tourney ID is one of the 2 IDs for online tourneys that we're missing.
Also, there were a lot of July/August events that could be related to Geno and yet we didn't give up, so now's not the time.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This has to be a joke......I mean if this happened before this month I would just say it would be a coincidence. But two days before TGA?!?! Mamma mia I spell something fishy in te air.

I don't think this relates to the tournament, but the two day mark also happens to be the time in advanced when Nintendo announces things...okay I better stop myself before I get into some crazy theories.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Geno fans are so gullible! They think this is a hint!"

737.png

No, it's just a super frustrating coincidence because of the tournament name and the fact that it's literally the same weekend as the Mario tournament. It's on the nose to the point of being obnoxious, intentional or not. It's just the latest "OH COME THE **** ON" moment for a fanbase that as an extensive chronology of "OH COME THE **** ON" moments.

Noipoi

Howdy!
"Geno fans are so gullible! They think this is a hint!"

View attachment 294602

No, it's just a super frustrating coincidence because of the tournament name and the fact that it's literally the same weekend as the Mario tournament. It's on the nose to the point of being obnoxious, intentional or not. It's just the latest "OH COME THE ** ON" moment for a fanbase that as an extensive chronology of "OH COME THE ** ON" moments.
“Yabba Dabba Don’t”

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Only way this could have been more of the universe trolling is if only forested stages were used.
"For this tournament, we're only allowing Mario and Square Enix characters... Also, Megaman and Mii Gunner for some reason... And you can only use blue ALTs... And the only stages are Distant Planet and Mario Galaxy... And..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom