• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The latest Nate the Hate podcast. Nate hopes that in this year's TGA, Nintendo reveals the next Smash character.

On the topic of who needs who, I agree that TGA actually benefits more from Nintendo's presence at the event. Heck, even when Reggie walked up with the surprise Joker reveal back in TGA 2018, a similar message could be seen.
Sour grapes aside, I'm glad that Nate agrees that the timing is definitely right for another Smash reveal.

D

Deleted member

What does this mean? Does it have anything to do with past leaks?
There was some mention of a Ninja Gaiden collection coming to Switch back in uhhhhhh... September? It's what got everyone started on the Ryu train for the second time. I think we should get off at the next station.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There was some mention of a Ninja Gaiden collection coming to Switch back in uhhhhhh... September? It's what got everyone started on the Ryu train for the second time. I think we should get off at the next station.
The only thing that derails this is that someone on Star Road said this particular Twitter account has a history of putting out false listings. Regardless, the Sigma Trilogy is very likely still happening since it leaked months ago.

D

Deleted member

The only thing that derails this is that someone on Star Road said this particular Twitter account has a history of putting out false listings. Regardless, the Sigma Trilogy is very likely still happening since it leaked months ago.
I wasn't doubting the existence of such a game, just pointing out that it's been what feels like a driving force behind Ryu speculation, that and damn Brew. Just my typical stance of Ryu probably not being in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of the VGAs and Nate's statements, it brings up a solid point that Nintendo's VGAs announcements have predominantly been for stuff that was already announced, at least first party wise. This gives us reasonable belief that whatever Nintendo announces at the VGAs will probably be for "active" games. Yes, there's Smash, but there's also AoC (already out) as well as Bowser's Fury (coming out in 2 months). As Nate said, with Zelda's 35th being only two months away, BotW2 seems incredibly unlikely because Zelda is probably getting its own Direct like Mario got.

D

Deleted member

So, what does this Ninja Gaiden stuff have to do with Geno, again?
According to a resolution passed by congress, Ryu is decidedly not Geno and as such is someone who can potentially take a spot from Geno.

That's about it.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I've held off on buying the second Fighter Pass as I'm still waiting for a character that really grabs me.
Steve and Min Min have two of the longest grabs in game
2 days left before the VGA. Again, try to reduce expectation levels and not think of Smash DLC. Just go with the flow.
Don't really think people need to be told this especially as a countdown of sorts kind of gives the wrong idea. Not that it's disagreeable as the next character isn't being announced this year. I've even seen some say a release is likely.

MattX20

Smash Hero
However, the one thing that has proven more reliable than amiibos or directs this year have been the Challenge Cups and how we've gotten both of our second Fighter Pass reveals after two of their conclusions. We've got only one left this year, and it concludes on Saturday. If there's no news for FP8 at all next week, then we can probably call it til January and tournament theory a dead one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There seems to be something wrong. I can't seem to find the name of this thread among the many topics on the Newcomer Speculation page.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not that part, the Animal Crossing situation with that person
Ooh well, people were mass tagging her account to aggresivly complain about how there was no cloud saves in the game yet and from what I read, death threats were also involved.

but thats where Imma stop before I get slapped by mods for going off topic

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, I can see the thread's name in the Newcomer Speculation sub-forum now.

So, what else is there to talk about?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Need to wait until TGA minimally before anything to possibly talk about (not expecting much though). I am more interested the next two weeks AFTER the conclusion of the Challenger cup. There's a possibility for a reveal trailer.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Need to wait until TGA minimally before anything to possibly talk about (not expecting much though). I am more interested the next two weeks AFTER the conclusion of the Challenger cup. There's a possibility for a reveal trailer.
Possibly even a release if the last two fighters are anything to go by

Griselda

Smash Lord
I dreamed that in the next Ultimate update, they apparently did something really horrible to Fox, like his moveset or damage output or something. And then someone posted on Twitter and said something like, "At least we'll still have that other fox, soon."

And then it blew up and turned into a Tails vs Krystal war. It was being heavily hinted that it was Tails coming as the next fighter, though, especially after 'that verbal beat-down Sakurai gave to the StarFox development team', whatever that was supposed to mean.

Where are you, Geno? I'm losing it again. :geno:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dreamed that in the next Ultimate update, they apparently did something really horrible to Fox, like his moveset or damage output or something. And then someone posted on Twitter and said something like, "At least we'll still have that other fox, soon."

And then it blew up and turned into a Tails vs Krystal war. It was being heavily hinted that it was Tails coming as the next fighter, though, especially after 'that verbal beat-down Sakurai gave to the StarFox development team', whatever that was supposed to mean.

Where are you, Geno? I'm losing it again. :geno:
You know you’re too deep into smash speculation when you start dreaming of smash speculation.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Ya'll are talking about sending a message to Nintendo by voting with your wallet, but I don't think it's going to send the message you want. What you mean to tell them is that you disagree with their character choices, that you feel the quality is sub par, or that they should announce at least one of the characters before putting it on sale. What they're going to take away from it, if it does make any sort of impact, is that interest in smash dlc has decreased so they should stop making it. This is Nintendo we're talking about after all. Not to say people should all go out and buy it if they don't want to, and they're probably never going to notice a difference anyway, but I think it's worth mentioning for those of you who care.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ya'll are talking about sending a message to Nintendo by voting with your wallet, but I don't think it's going to send the message you want. What you mean to tell them is that you disagree with their character choices, that you feel the quality is sub par, or that they should announce at least one of the characters before putting it on sale. What they're going to take away from it, if it does make any sort of impact, is that interest in smash dlc has decreased so they should stop making it. This is Nintendo we're talking about after all. Not to say people should all go out and buy it if they don't want to, and they're probably never going to notice a difference anyway, but I think it's worth mentioning for those of you who care.
Hey, don't put me in with that crowd, I mean, I never was going to do that myself.

I already bought the entire second pass.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Uh... Well, a friend recently informed me that Geno and Mallow are both invertebrates.

I'm not really sure what to do with this information.
That's.... not entirely untrue?

Mallow.png

On a similar note, how exactly do Mallow's Legs work anyway? I mean, he's just a cloud with arms, we see that when he casts magic. So are the pants some kind of vehicle? Does he just move them with magic? Could he just fly around without them?

KingQueenNimbus.gif

And wait a minute, what about the other Nimbus people? His parents look like they have full bodies.

SMRPG_Nimbus_guard.png

And what about this guy, he CLEARLY has a torso! So what is Mallow's deal? Or is this guy just two clouds stacked on top of each other?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord

View attachment 294585

On a similar note, how exactly do Mallow's Legs work anyway? I mean, he's just a cloud with arms, we see that when he casts magic. So are the pants some kind of vehicle? Does he just move them with magic? Could he just fly around without them?

View attachment 294583
And wait a minute, what about the other Nimbus people? His parents look like they have full bodies.

View attachment 294584
And what about this guy, he CLEARLY has a torso! So what is Mallow's deal? Or is this guy just two clouds stacked on top of each other?
I think Mallow looks less developed because he's still a kid, so he really hasn't finished growing, yet. Maybe, in some sort of weird tadpole irony, his people also start off without as many limbs as they'll have as adults and just grow them over time.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 294585

View attachment 294583

View attachment 294584
Two cloud people in a trenchcoat.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

View attachment 294585

View attachment 294583

View attachment 294584
Mallow has mastered the art of Locomotive Pants Wizardry.

He's presumably young, so maybe the adult Nimbuses have full bodies.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 294585

View attachment 294583

View attachment 294584
They’re clouds. Maybe they can shift and morph they’re bodies at will?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom